Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518224 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

Raise your right hand and repeat after me, "I am a winner and a not a loser, I will never give up until I overcome, for my testimony is on the way". Now sombarry say amen.

amen already......... amen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Tranglatar(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2014
Sorry to take you guys away from every day chat.

I know the Holy Mass is a Prayer - the "highest" prayer in the Church, but i f i may ask which prayer within the Mass "moves" you so much

For me, these three:

1) This part said sometimes in the Liturgy of the Eucharist: "You are Holy indeed, the fount of all Holiness, all praises, honour and adoration belongs to you..", "... our praises and adoration adds nothing to Your greatness rather, it is a gift from You that profits us for our salvation..."

2) The doxology and the Great AMEN !! "per ipsum, et cum ipso, et in ipso, est tibi Deo Patri omnipotenti, in unitate Spiritus Sancti, omis honor et gloria per omnia saecula saeculotum. Amen !!!!!!!!!

3) Then this part of the Communion Rite prayer (in Latin !!!): "Praeceptis salutaribus moniti, et divina institutione formati, audemus dicere, the followed by the Pater Noster (in Latin !!)

Everytime i'm at mass and the chief celebrant says any of the above or all, i just want to ..... (can't find suitable words)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2014
Tranglatar:
I know the Holy Mass is a Prayer - the "highest" prayer in the Church, but i f i may ask which prayer within the Mass "moves" you so much
For me, these three:
1) This part said sometimes in the Liturgy of the Eucharist: "You are Holy indeed, the fount of all Holiness, all praises, honour and adoration belongs to you, our praises and adoration adds nothing to Your greatness rather, it is a gift from You that profits us for our salvation..."
2) The doxology and the Great AMEN !! "per ipsum, et cum ipso, et in ipso, est tibi Deo Patri omnipotenti, in unitate Spiritus Sancti, omis honor et gloria per omnia saecula saeculotum. Amen !!!!!!!!!
3) Then this part of the Communion Rite prayer (in Latin !!!): "Praeceptis salutaribus moniti, et divina institutione formati, audemus dicere, the followed by the Pater Noster (in Latin !!)
Everytime i'm at mass and the chief celebrant says any of the above or all, i just want to ..... (can't find suitable words)

When the Priest holds the just-consecrated host-turned-Jesus, and says:

"Behold the lamb of God. Behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Happy are those called to the supper of the Lamb."

And we respond: "Lord, I'm not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say your word, and my soul shall be healed."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2014
Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, + Pater, + et Filius, + et Spiritus Sanctus. / R. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:12am On Nov 27, 2014
slimedge:
But your heart says you should stay aiit? smiley...Don't mind that spirit...Take cane flog am comot...Say to the spirit,waka go front! grin
infact ehen! I don flog I don tire. Make I try again. But dat waka go front no work ooooooo cry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2014
MariaGoretti:

Thanks gurl.....hope you slept alright?
yes I did & u?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

Raise your right hand and repeat after me, "I am a winner and a not a loser, I will never give up until I overcome, for my testimony is on the way". Now sombarry say amen.

AMEN!!! When r we opening our church grin cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2014
SalC:
I saw the post where he explained why he asked the question but I didn't see where he said I didn't give him the answer he was looking for, like you accused me grin
lol... Shey you wan form primary sch leaver unto say you no understnd vest post... He was explainin why he asked cos you didnt give him the answer he was looking for, hence my claim still stand...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2014
SalC,

How can I reach you?

You know I cant use my nairaland mail.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2014
italo:
SalC,

How can I reach you?

You know I cant use my nairaland mail.

email her offline @...I hope it works. Acknowledge seen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

email her offline : , then use the Pm to alert her. I hope it works. Acknowledge seen.
Ok...thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:40am On Nov 27, 2014
italo:

Ok...thanks.

You're welcome bro. Remember to do the needful.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

You're welcome bro. Remember to do the needful.
Which needful? I think I'm lost.

You know say you like to speak in parables. cheesy

*modified

Ok...I think I got it now. wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2014
SalC, pls check ur gmail
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2014
italo:
Which needful? I think I'm lost.

You know say you like to speak in parables. cheesy

*modified

Ok...I think I got it now. wink
Pls share, in case... cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
woky:
Pls share, in case... cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

cheesy cheesy
I really want to knw that needfull cheesy

abeg help me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
vest:
i call it wel sha..... i only ask her that kewsion because it was her turn to be prayed for, i was going to attend a marriage seminar that day so i wanted to use that opportunity to pray for any of my marride and unmarride(the ones dat ve reach or ready for marrage) friends so since it was her turn nah! i wanted to knw if that is among her prayer request
dat all oh...
Bros, This one you're attending marriage seminar.
Is it what I'm thinking?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
CalabarBoi:
yes. i wanted to be born again tongue
Welcome back sweerie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tranglatar:

For me, these three:

1) This part said sometimes in the Liturgy of the Eucharist: "You are Holy indeed, the fount of all Holiness, all praises, honour and adoration belongs to you, our praises and adoration adds nothing to Your greatness rather, it is a gift from You that profits us for our salvation..."

Mine is the part the priest says
'On the night he was given up to death, the death he freely accepted

And later when he took the cup,,,Take this all of you and drink from it, this is my blood,the blood of the new and everlasting covenant,it will be shed for u and for all so that sins may be forgiven, do this in memory of me'

Btw Welcome to the house bro. Hope to see you often
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

Me thinks Syncan's moniker has been hacked undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
SalC:
@ justjify, you have not fulfilled the promise you made to me embarassed

justjify:
Good morning beloved in christ. May †ђξ peace of †ђξ Lord rest on Чōϋ all.
Amen. I was also checking to ensure u're fulfilling your promise
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Rich4god:
hmmm... My claim isnt wrong, cos salc knws you to be doing such a thing thats why she was waiting for you to come and do it again... On the other hand, if you say it was "fantasy" on the part of salc, does it mean she needs malaria drugs...
Honey just upload any random pic that pic I sent you as proof of Syncan dancing shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
SalC:
Bros, trust me I had no ish with the question you asked, just that by the time I came online and saw the post, Syncan and Rich4god and co have turned the question into something else, quoting it over and over again, spreading mat and the likes. So I have to make it a joke na grin
Ok sorry they derailed the question

So Can we revisit that question again so u can give Vest a direct answer this time I actually bookmarked it for future reference grin

CC: Rich4god
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Kamsified:

Welcome back sweerie
thanks kamsi, how have you been? Hope rich4god has been treating you well?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
CalabarBoi:
thanks kamsi, how have you been? Hope rich4god has been treating you well?
Yes dear he has. I'm good
Well done on d other side. Vatican is very proud to have u as our own
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
Will I ever be able to keep up with this room? No mata how hard I try it seems impossible. Hope i'll be forgiven if I just give up undecided
We're fine dearie. Which of the gists is throwing u away biko? Don't worry I'll start giving u future updates inugo?

Oya bring your ear let me whisper this to u in advance
*I'm going to my asoebi tailors place, it looks like Vest will be sharing I.V's soon* cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Kamsified:

Yes dear he has. I'm good
Well done on d other side. Vatican is very proud to have u as our own
i'm humbled smiley

which side exactly?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
slimedge:
...Give up ke?undecided...Pls that should be the last thing on your mind...You are one of the main reasons why we are still here.If not,some of us would have long departed.. smiley
Hey bro, I don't think I've met you before
Or are u using a baptized moniker? wink Or were you among those that only peep from the fence embarassed

Welcome welcome welcome to the house.Hope to see you often. Peeping is prohibited please.
Welcome once again
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
CalabarBoi:
i'm humbled smiley

which side exactly?
The fine boys' club na. Plus brain on top

We got some club reports in Vatican and I'm happy to say we liked what we saw
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Syncan:

Why should I ask Salc, when it is you making the claim that she said..., it is you who the onus lies on to prove it, you may call her in as a witness if you feel you're right, but it's you who should convince me.
I wish I know how to upload pics on nairaland
This matter for don end since embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
Kamsified:

The fine boys' club na. Plus brain on top

We got some club reports in Vatican and I'm happy to say we liked what we saw
lol chai grin

thanks a millie. this your hyping sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.