Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518266 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
Yes sir.My husband is into video coverage nd also into business solution consultancy services.
but biz has been dull since lastyear.its everywhere sir.i was into clothing biz before things started going rough sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
but biz has been dull since lastyear.its everywhere sir.i was into clothing biz before things started going rough sir.
i sell boutique stuffs like shirts,office shoes,dresses,wristwatches handbags e.t.c.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
i sell boutique stuffs like shirts,office shoes,dresses,wristwatches handbags e.t.c.
Av bin trying to revive it back but funds az bin d bane ofd matter sir.If i start dat@least i wil b able to takecare of my kids
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
Av bin trying to revive it back but funds az bin d bane ofd matter sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Gboliwe: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
Av bin trying to revive it back but funds az bin d bane ofd matter sir.

I am sorry about your plight but why not go to your church? As a dedicated member of any church, raising the amount should not be too difficult, they could even give you a loan.
People have been defrauded on nairaland severally and nobody likes to be taken for a fool. Plus the fact that you only registered because you want to beg makes it look some how.

Anyway, you can still put up your account details, God moves in mysterious ways, He searches the hearts and reins of man and may raise someone who may help. Don't let the details be a hindrance. For the sake of the kids involved I wish you well.

BTW, your husband does a good job. If he is good at what he does, that's a money spinner he's got. There's always something to cover everyday in Nigeria and it doesn't come cheap.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
thanks sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
Have tried my church but all to no avail sir.if only 4 dis reason.i think i wil av to change my church because dats wat people keep telling me nd i think dey ar right.i attend CAC.thanks sir.

This is not the first time you're soliciting for help online or even on NL. Even if you're genuine, it's becoming a habit. Why are you using a different moniker?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
Syncan:

This is not the first time you're soliciting for help online or even on NL. Even if you're genuine, it's becoming a habit. Why are you using a different moniker?

Ghen ghen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

Ghen ghen!
@syncan am crying nd i dont know what to say.i used it because am trying to avoid people telling me to stop begging.dats d reason am looking 4funds to revive my biz back.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
if am doing something dat wil make me stop all dis but no funds.i dont like dis kind of lifestyle because am a very hardworking woman but what can i do since i dont av any other option.i pray u dont find urself in my shoes.d hardship is too much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
one problem solved another one comes up.To even eat 3 square meal is another problem on it own.My thought was dat if am to go to abuja to see madam peppyluv i wil explain everything to her as woman to woman.Am very very sorry for what i had done.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
i cant bring all my problems here because u ar not responsible 4 it.Am facing alot dat i cant b explaining here.i came here believing i wil meet someone dat wil trust me nd also i believe d way u catholics reason different from others.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
U understand people fast to others.Once again am very very sorry.i did it because i dont want people here to see it as my habit.u know its not something dat makes one happy.if am lying i cant just put my husbands name nd my name online.pls am very sory.TEARS
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
pls if anyone wants to see me,there is no problem.i can even give u my address to come nd see 4 urself.Am from a christian home nd God is my witness with all i ve said here.thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
3tees:
@syncan am crying nd i dont know what to say.i used it because am trying to avoid people telling me to stop begging.dats d reason am looking 4funds to revive my biz back.

I see. I am very much inclined towards believing you, because you've been consistent with personal Info all these while. Wednesday is rather sudden but am sure with the account number here a lot can happen (hope you'll give update here as people respond). However I see you actually need more than your house rent.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2015
LENTEN ENERGISER: Num. 21:4-9, Jn 8:21-30. Today's first reading narrates how Israelites began to murmur against God and Moses. Although they had been set free and brought out of Egypt, they were tired of travelling towards the promised land. As a punishment, the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people. Then the people turn to Moses, acknowledging their sin, and Moses interceded with God. The Lord said to Him, make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when He sees it, shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, He would look at the bronze serpent and live. This historical narrative is the type and image of what was to take place later with the coming of the Son of God. In His intimate conversion with Nicodemus Our Lord makes a direct reference to this narratives: "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be..." Before the unbelieving Jews, Jesus reveals Himself as the sign of healing and God of Salvation. When He is lifted up on the Cross and rises again after death many will believe in Him. As in the desert anyone who looked at the bronze serpent lifted up by Moses was saved (Num. 21:cool, so anyone who looks with faith, hope and love at Jesus lifted upon the Cross will be saved. We must seek the remedy and the antidote. Just as the Israelites bitten by the serpents did, we must look to the Lord hang upon the Cross for healing. The serpent (evil) and its poison (selfishness, sensuality, doctrinal errors and confusion) are still all around us. Let us turn our gaze on Jesus and remain focus, for our salvation. May the Lord never withdraw His grace from us, so that by it alone we can give ourselves wholly to God's service and obtain His help in our every need! Amen!! Peace be with you!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2015
From today's Responsorial Psalm PS 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21

O Lord, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to you.

"O LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to you. Hide not your face from me in the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me; in the day when I call, answer me speedily...".

I once heard a story of a man who went to pray before the blessed sacrament. He was asking God for a huge favor, that he may be considered for a top position in his company. Hardly had he started to pray than he heard a voice sobbing behind him, as he was momentarily distracted by it, he listened and heard the person crying and pleading thus "O Lord, Kind and merciful, you know how long it's been since I last had a meal, I am very hungry right now and need a miracle to go on..." The Man turned back and saw a distraught looking older man fully prostrate, with eyes on the floor and pouring out his heart to God. The man stood up, gave the older man a tap on the arm, and as he looked up, placed on his hands a sum of money equivalent to a whole week of a workman's daily rate. He did not allow the older man linger in appreciation, he sent him immediately out to fetch some food, turned back to his earlier position and started thus "Lord, now may I have your undivided attention....". In my heart, I do not doubt that the Lord will treat him with kindness, for St. John of God after preaching that the people should give alms for the love of God; and finding no success, decided to go into the streets shouting "Give alms for the love of yourselves". Yes he was right, for Charity covers a multitude of sins says scripture.

Today we have an appeal on our thread, this is not how we do things, but there's always an exception. There's at least 144k to be raised, an amount that will solve a huge problem, we've got problems too, but if they are bigger than 144K, then we can do with "God's undivided attention", Lol. Ah we might be fooled, but I dare say in this case, Let's be fooled this once in Christ's name. Can we do something together this lent? If it pleases Jesus and Mary may this target be met today.

@3tees, pls update this thread on the sum received, I have no doubt in my mind that Mary's children will come to your aid. God bless you all.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2015
Alright sir?i got an alert of 30k into my acct dis morning from a man of God dat decides to remain anonymous.thank u so much sir am very grateful sir nd i really appreciate.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Wow so this is you Salc. May the Lord bless you and your baby.I pray the Lord will give you both strength, knowledge and wisdom, in truth and in bible scriptures.
Jesus Christ is Lord.
Kamsified:

Here you go dearie. This is for your eyes only biko.
Behold Salc and her baby
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Right here wink

Good morning everyone.
justjify:
Good evening everyone. @peppyluv where art thou?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2015
Jesus Christ is Lord
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2015
It's ok. You don't need to travel to see me,you owe me no special explanation. I'll see what I can do.
3tees:
one problem solved another one comes up.To even eat 3 square meal is another problem on it own.My thought was dat if am to go to abuja to see madam peppyluv i wil explain everything to her as woman to woman.Am very very sorry for what i had done.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
Right here wink

Good morning everyone.

How are you today?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 24, 2015
But have you tried talking to your church members? So they can add to what you will get here to pay your rent and revive your business.I know CAC people to be their brother's keeper but it's ok. As human beings we are one irrespective of tribe,religion or denomination.

You know something brethren,this used to bother me but not anymore,other denominations coming to the Catholic Church for help rather than their own and this same people mock the church.
Had an experience two Saturday's ago with a man who always stand at the church gate(church of the Assumption, Asokoro), while we were ending our procession from maitama to Asokoro carrying the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary,he screamed, "tufiakwa! see them dancing and worshipping an idol" meanwhile he was asking those idol worshippers for money! Smh..anyway as matured as we always are,we ignored him.

3tees:
Have tried my church but all to no avail sir.if only 4 dis reason.i think i wil av to change my church because dats wat people keep telling me nd i think dey ar right.i attend CAC
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2015
I'm fine syncan, good morning.
Syncan:

How are you today?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
I'm fine syncan, good morning.

Good to know. As per your post above, quite unfortunate.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Very unfortunate but doesn't bother me any more because they are just ignorant.
Syncan:

Good to know. As per your post above, quite unfortunate.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
Very unfortunate but doesn't bother me any more because they are just ignorant.

You're right Nne, all you need is let your light shine, those who will make use of it will.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2015
brocab:
Wow so this is you Salc. May the Lord bless you and your baby.I pray the Lord will give you both strength, knowledge and wisdom, in truth and in bible scriptures.
Jesus Christ is Lord.
@salc... Shey u don't see wat I call boomerang... I told you... Now the angels are doing d wrk for me...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
Right here wink

Good morning everyone.

You seem to be M.I.A that's why I had to send a search party to look for you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Greetings everyone. @peppyluv how are you doing today? Quite a while.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2015
@3tees place your troubles in God. He'll see to the end of your situation. His grace will see you through. Stay strong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.