Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519205 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 7:34am On Mar 27, 2015
cooldam
Peppyluv:
bia nwokem,inwu mmanya ngwo

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2015
Amen.
Can we learn about where the Catholic Church really came from, other then apostle Peter, but the Pope Peter and who was he?
btoks:
Good morning all, thank God for his goodness to us.
Let us pray for @brocab that he opens his heart once again to the fullness of truth,may his visit to the 'Thread for Catholics' be one where he learns even more about our Lord Jesus and the church he established.We ask through Jesus Christ.Amen

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2015
Keep us informed..really interested smiley
italo:
Rich4god's answer is somewhat sufficient. We cant just form "Nairaland Vincentians" and be operating in the name of the Society without authorization from the National Council.

However I think a sort of Nairaland Catholic Charity can be formed...though there would be many challenges to surmount:

E.g how do you raise funds to help people from all walks of life? How do you investigate cases from all over the country...or world?

Personally, I have been working on starting an NGO that will encourage Catholics everywhere to contribute in cash or in kind to help the needy. It will follow much of the model of Society of St Vincent de Paul and will even partner with it in areas like investigation etc...but it will not be held back by some of the draw backs that the society can have. For example, the NGO could easily have online presence on any platform...nairaland and/others.

I guess I shoul accelerate work on that.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
Do you feel offended because I speak the truth, if your soul can't be won by the Lord-then that's all right-theirs plenty more out there where you come from cool, and theirs plenty of Catholic's around the globe..

All I'm trying to do is reach out to you-I was once a Roman Catholic, went to Church once every blue moon-I believed in nil, my Christian faith
was worth nothing.

I remembered nothing about the Lord, the light of this world-I only survived, the way I knew how too.

So deep down I was walking in no-man's land, If I had died, I would have ended up in Hell, what the Catholic's call purgatory.

Later I realize my riches wasn't enough-since then I have become a born again Christian, and after reading His word my riches I have, couldn't save me, if I had followed my Catholic belief's I would have paid off my purgatory 50 times over, and still end up in hell.

You can't buy your way into heaven, Heaven's a free gift, we live by faith, not by works...
Peter said: silver and gold I do not have, but what I have, I give you, in the name of Jesus rise up and walk.....

I had no idea about my salvation in the Lord, let alone where I will end up

And if you call yourself a Christian in Christ you would know what light I'm speaking off.

That's where the problem is, when you were in the catholic church you went to church once in a blue moon. Where there always Mass once in a blue moon? In the catholic church were you adviced to go to church once in a blue moon? Were you told not to pray and read your bible? My advice to you is this, you can never win souls for Christ by condemning other denominations. We Here is Gods word for you

Romans 10:12-13
For there is no distinction between Jew and
Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all,
abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME
OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

The Catholic church preaches holiness and encourages spiritual morals. Have you attended Mass as a catholic where the priest encouraged people to grow in vices and decrease in virtues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:28am On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
Explain why do I deserve the lecture?

Oh Cab man, you deserve the lecture because you are in the wrong place, pls look at the title of the thread once again. God bless you as you leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2015
justjify:

That's where the problem is, when you were in the catholic church you went to church once in a blue moon. Where there always Mass once in a blue moon? In the catholic church were you adviced to go to church once in a blue moon? Were you told not to pray and read your bible? My advice to you is this, you can never win souls for Christ by condemning other denominations. We Here is Gods word for you

The Catholic church preaches holiness and encourages spiritual morals. Have you attended Mass as a catholic where the priest encouraged people to grow in vices and decrease in virtues?

The bolded is so true..

Mornin.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
The ladies asking for a little support, and here's you claiming to be a servant of God, a Christian? Kicking her while she's down right in the teeth.
She's confused-everyone go's through this before getting themselves caught up in a long life marriage.
Support her, and help her make that right decision.
She's one of your tribe a Catholic.

Young man, did you read this post by before you made your comment?

italo:
Tell God your worries. Tell him how you selfishly
want a taller guy when he has already given you a
good man...and tell him your reason.
And tell him "thy will be done."
He is our Father and can grant your wish if he
wants...or he can show you that your wish is not good
for you.
But see to it that you treat the man fairly and pray
that God gives him the right woman too. Perhaps he
too deserves a taller or better woman than you.
It is only human to desire attractive things...so don't
be ashamed...but you should always subject your
desires to God's will...and remember to be loyal to
the other person involved.
I have said a prayer for you.

He not only advised, he prayed for him too. So what's wrong in what Italo did, does his comment look like was "Kicking her while she's down right in the teeth."

Many of you catholic haters need help,prayers and deliverance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
grin grin
Syncan:

Oh Cab man, you deserve the lecture because you are in the wrong place, pls look at the title of the thread once again. God bless you as you leave.
mornin.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2015
Rich4god:
LENTEN MENU: Jer. 20:10-13, Jn 10:31-42. The encounter between Jesus and the Jews takes place at the Jewish feast of Dedication. Jesus proclaims that He is the One who has truly been consecrated by God. The Jews strongly object to Jesus' claim that He is the Son of God. Using the rabbinical practice of citing supporting scriptural passage, Jesus says that the judges of old were called "gods" and "the sons of the Most High" (Ps 82:6) for being the vehicles of the word of God. Jesus has a greater right to the title, "Son of God", because the Father Himself sends Him to bring us the message of salvation. We who have been made adoptive sons of God, has equal right of God's sons. Jesus who is consecrated by the Holy Spirit is indeed the Holy One of God. When Jesus made this claim, the Jews were ready to stone Him, but Jesus reminded them of His many good works. If it is difficult to believe that He is the Son of God only on His word; then it should be easier to believe in Him on the evidence of the works He has accomplished. Because their minds were closed to the truth, Jesus escaped to the side of Jordan where people believed in Him. Today, we are called to open our hearts and minds to Jesus' words and act accordingly. May the spoken words of our mouth and the mediation of our hearts win favour in God's sight! Amen!! Good morning and have a wonderful day!!!

Funny that the world hasn't changed much from then, that's why people will experience the kindness and love from the catholics(which can come from God alone) and still call them Idol worshipers, look at the examples shown by peppyluv and 3tees, isn't that what Christ was pointing out to the Jews? We read without understanding, repeating the same mistakes of old. By their fruits ye shall know them, faith without works is dead of itself. Ji sie ike n'olu, anyi ga-enwe mmeri.

Good morning brethren a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2015
woky:
The bolded is so true..

Mornin.

Good morning woky, how's your night?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
woky:
grin ;Dmornin.

Good morning bro.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:47am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning brethren.

How I wish everyone will adopt my style here at times to ignore people who are periodically sent in to distort the peace that this thread is trademark for.

Jesus Christ our master always gives peace whenever he arrives and leaves peace whenever he momentarily departs because he knows how important peace is to any gathering.

The devil hates that fact.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2015
justjify:

Good morning woky, how's your night?
My nyt wasn't bad at all.. Urz??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2015
jnrbayano:
Good morning brethren.

How I wish everyone will adopt my style here at times to ignore people who are periodically sent in to distort the peace that this thread is trademark for.

Jesus Christ our master always gives peace whenever he arrives and leaves peace whenever he momentarily departs because he knows how important peace is to any gathering.

The devil hates that fact.

Right...and the mod button too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:51am On Mar 27, 2015
woky:
My nyt wasn't bad at all.. Urz??

Mine was restful, thanks to God for a new day.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2015
Syncan:

Right...and the mod button too.

I have done the "mod button" twice already and my 3rd 4th 5th 6th.....time still awaits any distorter on the loose.

wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2015
Ignore the ignoramus....
justjify:

italo:
for you.

He not only advised, he prayed for him too. So what's wrong in what Italo did, does his comment look like was "Kicking her while she's down right in the teeth."

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning smiley
Syncan:

Funny that the world hasn't changed much from then, that's why people will experience the kindness and love from the catholics(which can come from God alone) and still call them Idol worshipers, look at the examples shown by peppyluv and 3tees, isn't that what Christ was pointing out to the Jews? We read without understanding, repeating the same mistakes of old. By their fruits ye shall know them, faith without works is dead of itself. Ji sie ike n'olu, anyi ga-enwe mmeri.

Good morning brethren a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
Good morning smiley

Good morning Peps, how are you today?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Seun I have reported this troll severally but your anti catholic mods have refused to do the needful....
This wont be tolerated in the Islamic section...its high time we have a catholic mod.

brocab:
Amen.
Can we learn about where the Catholic Church really came from, other then apostle Peter, but the Pope Peter and who was he?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Doing great.
Syncan:

Good morning Peps, how are you today?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
Doing great.

That's good to know. If you're gonna be over there, do ensure you're safe. Anya sakwaa.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2015
Oya what did I miss?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
Ignore the ignoramus....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
Ignore the ignoramus....

Noted @peppluv
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2015
babestell:
Oya what did I miss?

Aha, look who's back, thought she gave us up for lent...abi is she backsliding with just a week to go
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2015
Truly this isn't just about you-if you refuse to listen that's your choice, but there are many out there who may have experienced my life, or something familiar to my story, and are looking for a change.

No-one will find Christ in dead works.
Christ is alive and He's willing to accept all those who are willing to seek Him.
justjify:

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2015
Give all you have and Lay it on
Peppyluv:
Seun I have reported this troll severally but your anti catholic mods have refused to do the needful....
This wont be tolerated in the Islamic section...its high time we have a catholic mod.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2015
You can tell God what to do-but it will be better if we all pray, asking the Lord' to step in with this Ladies needs.
It would be better if we stand fern together and show we as the body of Christ-we care..

Some people ain't ready for Italo's direct comments, this lady obviously show's she's in need, and having the comforts of other Christians could and maybe help bring her back in believing Christ again.
We are the body of Christ aren't we
justjify:

italo:
for you.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
Truly this isn't just about you-if you refuse to listen that's your choice, but there are many out there who may have experienced my life, or something familiar to my story, and are looking for a change.

No-one will find Christ in dead works.
Christ is alive and He's willing to accept all those who are willing to seek Him.

Young man, don't tell me what I know. Heaven knows no religion, no denomination or faith. Don't come here and do supermarket conversion. Go and do your conversion in Gwoza, Bama Cyria,China and the likes then you'll go down in history as a martyr.

I know the God I serve,I serve him in spirit and in truth. I try to accommodate other religions and ensure not to indulge in the damnable sin of self-righteousness.

Here is Gods word for you.

Romans 2:1-5.
Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You
have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when
you judge others and then do the same things which they do, you condemn yourself. We know that God is right when he judges the people who do such things as these. But you, my friend, do those very things for which you pass judgment on others! Do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or perhaps you despise his great kindness, tolerance, and patience. Surely you know that God is kind, because he is trying to lead you to repent. But you have a hard and stubborn heart, and so you are making your own punishment even greater on the Day when God's anger and righteous judgments will be revealed.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2015
Has my script upset you?
No-ones judging you- you do that quite well on your own.
Christians are here for each other
Then I ask you, why do you follow your religion for? If it's not important to God in Heaven...
justjify:

Young man, don't tell me what I know. Heaven knows no religion, no denomination or faith. Don't come here and do supermarket conversion. Go and do your conversion in Gwoza, Bama Cyria,China and the likes then you'll go down in history as a martyr.

I know the God I serve,I serve him in spirit and in truth. I try to accommodate other religions and ensure not to indulge in the damnable sin of self-righteousness.

Here is Gods word for you.

Romans 2:1-5.
Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You
have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when
you judge others and then do the same things which they do, you condemn yourself. We know that God is right when he judges the people who do such things as these. But you, my friend, do those very things for which you pass judgment on others! Do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or perhaps you despise his great kindness, tolerance, and patience. Surely you know that God is kind, because he is trying to lead you to repent. But you have a hard and stubborn heart, and so you are making your own punishment even greater on the Day when God's anger and righteous judgments will be revealed.

Shalom
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
You can tell God what to do-but it will be better if we all pray, asking the Lord' to step in with this Ladies needs.
It would be better if we stand fern together and show we as the body of Christ-we care..

Some people ain't ready for Italo's direct comments, this lady obviously show's she's in need, and having the comforts of other Christians could and maybe help bring her back in believing Christ again.
We are the body of Christ aren't we

In Italos word

"Tell God your worries. Tell him how you selfishly
for you."

You truly need to pray to God for general understanding. You need to understand people the more and also you need to understand the bible and Christianity too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.