Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517168 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
SalC:
smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
That's all I am doing now
I Thank God with you and for you.

Thanks dear cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
jnrbayano:
Happy Sunday brethren.

Testimony time!

*Grabs the mic

There have been novenas, several good wishes and prayers on this family thread offered for the benefit of our members time and again.

With great joy I announce to you what God has done for me through you my beloved. He has just blessed me with a new job.

It has been my main prayer intention in all those novenas both here and the one done in private.

It indeed is a perfect birthday present.

This our God is good and I enjoin you all to thank God with me and may he bless you all for me

Victory for one victory for all.

*Sing with me*

When we get to heaven
At the marriage supper
All the saints shall gather
At the last assembly
No more sad story
No more heart breaking
Farewell to sorrow
Victory at last.

cheesy cool
Victory at last indeed.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2015
Today's Psalm Psalm 135:1,10-15,23-24 ©

O give thanks to the Lord for he is good.

His love is everlasting!

When last was your prayers filled with praise? When last did you feel deep in your heart like the psalmist in Psalm 135 , when last did you feel like announcing to the whole world about the goodness of God; while calling on all to bless God as the psalmist did in Psalm 148 . Has it been all petition lately? Take heed that you do not despair, that you do not start getting impatient and angry, for it is grace in action that you even are in a position to remember and pray...and grace is a gift. Be honest, look around and count your blessings one by one.
Someone once told me this story about himself, this happened in the basilica where our mariagoretti lives. This man is owns a company and had gone into the church to pray, while there, he was full of complain(humbly though), about business not moving, contracts slow to come etc. After a while, he heard a tapping noise coming from behind him, he turned and saw a blind begger that stays at the entrance to the basilica, the begger was making his way alone to the front of the church. Our friend watched him for a while and went back to his pettitioning. He however focussed his attention on the begger again when he heard the begger(now kneeling before the tabernacle say in a loud voice
"Chukwu m, e nye m gi ekene maka ihe nine I na-emere m" x3.
(my God, I thank you for all the things you do for me). Three times he said it.
Our friend was jolted, he was feeling forgotten by God earlier, yet his sight, hearing, taste and indeed all his senses were still intact. How could he have missed the peace in his home, the shelter he has, the restful sleep he woke up from....He felt so bad as he watched the blind begger make his way back to his usual spot. You can take a guess what direction his prayer took for the remaining period.

How about you brethren when last did you sing something like "Kene nu chineke! o meere mu mma, o meere mu mma o meere mu something!"

Special thoughts today go out to : Jnrbayano, Kamsified, Vest, babestell, woky, SalC, Ubenedictus, Debbie, francistony, herzumpther. May Divine praises never depart from your lips. Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Syncan:

His love is everlasting!

When last was your prayers filled with praise? When last did you feel deep in your heart like the psalmist in Psalm 135 , when last did you feel like announcing to the whole world about the goodness of God; while calling on all to bless God as the psalmist did in Psalm 148 . Has it been all petition lately? Take heed that you do not despair, that you do not start getting impatient and angry, for it is grace in action that you even are in a position to remember and pray...and grace is a gift. Be honest, look around and count your blessings one by one.
Someone once told me this story about himself, this happened in the basilica where our mariagoretti lives. This man is owns a company and had gone into the church to pray, while there, he was full of complain(humbly though), about business not moving, contracts slow to come etc. After a while, he heard a tapping noise coming from behind him, he turned and saw a blind begger that stays at the entrance to the basilica, the begger was making his way alone to the front of the church. Our friend watched him for a while and went back to his pettitioning. He however focussed his attention on the begger again when he heard the begger(now kneeling before the tabernacle say in a loud voice
Our friend was jolted, he was feeling forgotten by God earlier, yet his sight, hearing, taste and indeed all his senses were still intact. How could he have missed the peace in his home, the shelter he has, the restful sleep he woke up from....He felt so bad as he watched the blind begger make his way back to his usual spot. You can take a guess what direction his prayer took for the remaining period.

How about you brethren when last did you sing something like "Kene nu chineke! o meere mu mma, o meere mu mma o meere mu something!"

Special thoughts today go out to : Jnrbayano, Kamsified, Vest, babestell, woky, SalC, Ubenedictus, Debbie, francistony, herzumpther. May Divine praises never depart from your lips. Amen.

Yes I sometimes get sad and complain when things don't happen the way I want them sad I just want to close my eyes and then open them to see God do things "My Own Way" .....But God doesn't work that way and so I complain, pray and complain again. Didn't Jesus say "Whatever" we ask in his name shall be granted unto us? ....or maybe my prayer was in line with James 4:3? ..I don't think so, yet it seems God doesn't just want to answer.

In such situations I only count the unanswered prayers while forgetting the numerous answered ones. ...but when I eventually want to count my blessings and answered prayers,... I lost count!!! They are just too numerous to mention.

Looking at my life and what God has done for me,.. I am very sure even a continuous praise for the rest of my life will never be enough.

@Syncan may God bless you for reminding me of this again.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Syncan:

His love is everlasting!

Wow and I've bee complaining for a week now. Thanks syncan, I now know better.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
SalC:
Yes I sometimes get sad and complain when things don't happen the way I want them sad I just want to close my eyes and then open them to see God do things "My Own Way" .....But God doesn't work that way and so I complain, pray and complain again. Didn't Jesus say "Whatever" we ask in his name shall be granted unto us? ....or maybe my prayer was in line with James 4:3? ..I don't think so, yet it seems God doesn't just want to answer.

In such situations I only count the unanswered prayers while forgetting the numerous answered ones. ...but when I eventually want to count my blessings and answered prayers,... I lost count!!! They are just too numerous to mention.

Looking at my life and what God has done for me,.. I am very sure even a continuous praise for the rest of my life will never be enough.

@Syncan may God bless you for reminding me of this again.

Amen Amen, God bless you Nwanyi oma.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
Herzumpther:
Wow and I've bee complaining for a week now. Thanks syncan, I now know better.

Remain blessed dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Syncan:

Remain blessed dear.
Thank you. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:12am On Jul 19, 2015
On this day many years ago, a lovely child was born to a happy family, it was a day of joy. This child by God's grace has grown from strength to strength, today we join him to celebrate his life so far, the blessings and mercies of God to him as God made him a year older .

We celebrate you with you as we pray God to keep on guiding, guarding, blessing, favouring and surprising you every now and then.

[size=30]HAPPY BIRTHDAY JNRBAYANO AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!![/size] smiley smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:18am On Jul 19, 2015
SalC:
On this day many years ago, a lovely child was born to a happy family, it was a day of joy. This child by God's grace has grown from strength to strength, today we join him to celebrate his life so far, the blessings and mercies of God to him as God made him a year older .

We celebrate you with you as we pray God to keep on guiding, guarding, blessing, favouring and surprising you every now and then.

[size=30]HAPPY BIRTHDAY JNRBAYANO AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!![/size] smiley smiley

My head don swell finish.

Thanks dear and God bless you aplenty. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Happy birthday, Jnrbayano.

Are you from Abba?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
Happy birthday, Jnrbayano.

Are you from Abba?

Thanks bro.

shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

My head don swell finish.

Thanks dear and God bless you aplenty. smiley
*in Ubenedictus's voice"
It is not advisable for a man to perpetually maintain thesame size of head cheesy

So swelling is allowed tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Thanks bro.
shocked
Happy birthday bro. Wishing u more wonderful yrs ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Happy birthday bro. Wishing u more wonderful yrs ahead.

I appreciate this bro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

I appreciate this bro.

Which is more important to you? The day you got your new job or the day you were born?

#nkwobionmymind
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
darknez:

Which is more important to you? The day you got your new job or the day you were born?

#nkwobionmymind

No birth, no job.

The later is my answer cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

No birth, no job.

The later is my answer cheesy

The day you got your new job? Why is it more important to you?

#nkwobionmymind
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
darknez:

The day you got your new job? Why is it more important to you?

#nkwobionmymind

No birth, no job.

My answer is, the day I was born.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

No birth, no job.

My answer is, the day I was born.

Oh, my bad...

If that day is more important, why then was crying the first thing you came to terms with on your birthday?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Thanks bro.
shocked
Am I right? tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
darknez:

Oh, my bad...

If that day is more important, why then was crying the first thing you came to terms with on your birthday?

I cried because I could not talk.

Crying was the only way I could express my gratitude to God, my parents and Dr Ajefo Okwuosa for the new environment they introduced me to.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

Am I right? tongue

Francis, who thou art? shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Francis, who thou art? shocked
Lol, I am not from Abba neither do I know you. It's just that I stumbled on a thread about Adichie and saw you hailing Abba. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol, I am not from Abba neither do I know you.
It's just that I stumbled on a thread about Adichie and saw you hailing Abba. grin

My mind has gone there already even before now.

And yes she is my sister.

Francis the detective tongue

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
Happy birthday jnrbayano, the Lord is your shepherd bro; there is nothing you shall want.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
Turn the past challenges you face into opportunities,
consider the weaknesses you have as a motivation to
improve ,
and polish your strengths into your
uniqueness. May you
always make your own way, as you walk through this
journey, called life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JNRBAYANO AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
Jennydoris:
Turn the past challenges you face into opportunities,
consider the weaknesses you have as a motivation to
improve ,
and polish your strengths into your
uniqueness. May you
always make your own way, as you walk through this
journey, called life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JNRBAYANO AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!

Syncan:
Happy birthday jnrbayano, the Lord is your shepherd bro; there is nothing you shall want.

Ndi oma nji eme onu, daalu nu. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by stunningjudy(f): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2015
Congrats jnrbayano..may testimony never leave ur mouth.

I want to ask this, do u believe in confirming through prayer if someone is ur life partner? Like maybe asking a priest like Mbaka to confirm if a person is ur life partner.. I keep wondering how possible it is that most people believe it n it works for them whereas others don't believe and go ahead to marry without involving prayers and the marriage equally works.

Cc: SalC, italiano, jnrbayano, Rich4God, syncan, jennydoris
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 20, 2015
jnrbayano:

I cried because I could not talk.

Crying was the only way I could express my gratitude to God, my parents and Dr Ajefo Okwuosa for the new environment they introduced me to.

Hmmm...

If you could talk then, do you honestly believe your first phrase would have been: "Thank you Jesus"?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2015
It was a lovely day and thanks in large part for your good wishes and prayers.

The icing on the cake came from Striktlymi, a surprise visitor.

smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2015
darknez:

Hmmm...

If you could talk then, do you honestly believe your first phrase would have been: "Thank you Jesus"?

"Ekenedilichukwu" it was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.