Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519620 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
RIP to the dead.

cry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2017
babestell:
Good morning all, happy feast of immaculate conception

You guys need to clap for me. I went for confession yesterday from work and some dude on the queue called me over and started advising me on how its wrong for me to wear trousers for confession. that I am a woman. that he is only trying to help me. I was tempted to abuse him thoroughly, infact i wanted to take his head and hit the chair. I was already reaching towards him with anger in my heart and soul, opening my mouth to curse his generations past and present when the Holy Spirit broke through and calmed me down.

It has to have been the Holy Spirit because at that moment i was seeing red and i just wanted blood. But i remembered a conversation on how a lot of people have not accepted change going on around them in the world and then i calmed down.

God saved me from myself

Have a nice day

no vex too much, the issue of dressing to Church is touch and go in many parishes both in Africa, and even outside our continent. Many will argue vigorously and with good reasons that a formal outfit is best for Church as it reflects the dignity of worship...others don't mind either way.... It is not usually a question of accepting change... I guess that guy has sisters who wear trousers... it is usually phrased as a question of what is most appropriate.

There is also a problem when people inadvertently set themselves up as a 1man advice giving committee, such persons end up passing judgement on issue they are not fully aware of...rash judgement is what sets in.

my parish in the east have a formal dressing outlook most times but from time to time like during stations of the Cross and confessions where most people jump out of work just to make it to Church you'll find a good number on their trousers and body hugging shirt, nobody bats an eye because you'll have to understand where their coming from.

some times it isn't prudent to throw advice... maybe I'll keep this in mind.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2017
easymancfc:
Hello.. I just say make I show una say I dey here too..I'm not as popular or known here but I dey here oh..
Happy Advent to us all.. And may the Lord find us sober and ready when he comes..
you are popular here... we dey view u.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

no vex too much, the issue of dressing to Church is touch and go in many parishes both in Africa, and even outside our continent. Many will argue vigorously and with good reasons that a formal outfit is best for Church as it reflects the dignity of worship...others don't mind either way.... It is not usually a question of accepting change... I guess that guy has sisters who wear trousers... it is usually phrased as a question of what is most appropriate.

There is also a problem when people inadvertently set themselves up as a 1man advice giving committee, such persons end up passing judgement on issue they are not fully aware of...rash judgement is what sets in.

my parish in the east have a formal dressing outlook most times but from time to time like during stations of the Cross and confessions where most people jump out of work just to make it to Church you'll find a good number on their trousers and body hugging shirt, nobody bats an eye because you'll have to understand where their coming from.

What's the name of your parish in the east?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
jnrbayano:

What's the name of your parish in the east?
St Gabriel Catholic Church... should I add the location?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
FloraEC:
Good evening, please I've a question. Going by what is happening in Nigeria now(kidnapping, child molestation e.t.c), do parents still allow their children to go for Saturday's morning mass, block Rosary crusade and visitation, block Rosary, Sunday benediction, catcheism classes, Christmas carols e.t.c even join church leagues like Vincent D' Paul, Infant Jesus, Marian movement e.t.c? If they still do, by what time do they start and dismiss, how do they do it?
I've an altar in my house and I always teach them how to say the Rosary but the block Rosary in my area is in the church street and is kinda far from my house and I'm scared of letting them out.

Yes Sis, parents still do. The child has to be old enough to go on his/her own, the distance to the church matters, is it a lonely road or busy road? Children still attend school inspire of the negatives we hear, attending church activities should not be an exception, however there is need for monitoring. The important thing in your case of block rosary is saying the rosary, your home could be the block where rosary is said. Our Lady no go vex.

God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
FloraEC:
Good evening, please I've a question. Going by what is happening in Nigeria now(kidnapping, child molestation e.t.c), do parents still allow their children to go for Saturday's morning mass, block Rosary crusade and visitation, block Rosary, Sunday benediction, catcheism classes, Christmas carols e.t.c even join church leagues like Vincent D' Paul, Infant Jesus, Marian movement e.t.c? If they still do, by what time do they start and dismiss, how do they do it?
I've an altar in my house and I always teach them how to say the Rosary but the block Rosary in my area is in the church street and is kinda far from my house and I'm scared of letting them out.

i stay in PHC and the threat of this happening is high. My plan for now is to attend with my kids. let all of us do the catechism and block rosary together
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

My parish mater Misericordia doesn't have issues with ladies wearing trousers. Especially on normal days. however some people have constituted themselves "moral police". and go around "advising" women most especially on their dressing. I am waiting for the day one will jam me AFTER i receive communion, they usually come before mass or after confession, so I can't give them the tongue lashing they deserve.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by FloraEC(f): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
babestell:

i stay in PHC and the threat of this happening is high. My plan for now is to attend with my kids. let all of us do the catechism and block rosary together

My dear, gone are the days when things were good. I'll wait till they're older.

Syncan:

Yes Sis, parents still do. The child has to be old enough to go on his/her own, the distance to the church matters, is it a lonely road or busy road? Children still attend school inspire of the negatives we hear, attending church activities should not be an exception, however there is need for monitoring. The important thing in your case of block rosary is saying the rosary, your home could be the block where rosary is said. Our Lady no go vex.

God bless you.

Very very busy road dear, their school is close to home. Thanks, will wait when they're older
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
St Gabriel Catholic Church... should I add the location?

..yes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
jnrbayano:

..yes
okpuno awka, it is the only parish around pope John Paul seminary and the retreat center next to spiritual year.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
babestell:

My parish mater Misericordia doesn't have issues with ladies wearing trousers. Especially on normal days. however some people have constituted themselves "moral police". and go around "advising" women most especially on their dressing. I am waiting for the day one will jam me AFTER i receive communion, they usually come before mass or after confession, so I can't give them the tongue lashing they deserve.
lol no beat sumbori oh.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
babestell:

Sometimes, it's best to give the "listening look" and walk away after the person is done talk than reacting. It could be your own temptation, don't fall into it by reacting.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:12am On Dec 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
okpuno awka, it is the only parish around pope John Paul seminary and the retreat center next to spiritual year.

I think I know there
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
jnrbayano:

I think I know there

You think? Lol
You better go and make sure you find out the place.

The way you were pestering Ubenedictus, like you wanna fry beans with his location. wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:18am On Dec 12, 2017
SalC:

You think? Lol

The way you were pestering Ubenedictus, like you wanna fry beans with his location. wink

...they send you? lol

locating that parish is as easy as ABC but I think he prefers to remain anonymous.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2017
Syncan:

Happy feast day double saint. Been a while.
Yeah,�
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2017
https://www.ebonystory.com/story/resuscitated-hope/episode-1

Hey, guys
I'm in a competition which requires your *views, likes, comment and ratings* on my story..

You can comment by *creating an account, via Facebook or Google account*

Thank you!
A spare of your time will go a along way..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
SalC:

You think? Lol

lol,

I had to give him a location this time...bayano doesn't care much about someone trying to be anonymous.

but I give him an A for persistence.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
jnrbayano:

...they send you? lol

locating that parish is as easy as ABC but I think he prefers to remain anonymous.
it is very easy okpuno isn't far from awka market
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:39am On Dec 13, 2017
jnrbayano:

...they send you? lol

Lol who send me?

So you knew he wanted to be anonymous yet you won't let him be. Just when I was expecting you to say " OK I will com visit you there", you just said "you think you know the place"

You don fall my hand joor wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2017
Ubenedictus:
lol,

I had to give him a location this time...bayano doesn't care much about someone trying to be anonymous.

If I hear.....
You only gave him the location because you are no longer there.
So knowing the location now won't help him unmask your identity.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2017
SalC:

Lol who send me?

So you knew he wanted to be anonymous yet you won't let him be. Just when I was expecting you to say " OK I will com visit you there", you just said "you think you know the place"

You don fall my hand joor wink

Truly dey send you....lol

Was only interested in knowing his parish since its my domain.

Keep looking for my trouble...lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2017
Ubenedictus:
lol,

Trust me, I do.

Was only interested because the parish is in my domain.

Cheers
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2017
https://www.ebonystory.com/story/resuscitated-hope/episode-2

Hey, guys
*Episode two* of the competition which requires your *views, likes, comment and ratings* on my story is out.

You can comment by *creating an account, via Facebook or Google account*

Thank you!
A spare of your time will go a long way..

*Episode one*
https://www.ebonystory.com/story/resuscitated-hope/episode-1

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2017
Y'all should bear with me. grin undecided
In the spirit of brotherhood,meanwhile, I'm NFCS UNILAG PRO ELECT. cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
Congratulations

Is Father Isichei still there?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
SalC:

If I hear.....
You only gave him the location because you are no longer there.
So knowing the location now won't help him unmask your identity.
sal c, are you a witch or is it just the fullness of the holy spirit?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
babestell:
Congratulations

Is Father Isichei still there?
Nah!
He had an accident, though he was honoured this year.
Father Paul Akin-Otiko has been the chaplain since 2012.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
And FrancisTony deactivated?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ubenedictus:
sal c, are you a witch or is it just the fullness of the holy spirit?
Maybe both grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
jnrbayano:

Truly dey send you....lol

Was only interested in knowing his parish since its my domain.

Keep looking for my trouble...lol
If I don't look for your trouble, who will?

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.