Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518171 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Today's GOSPEL (Luke I 0:2 1-24)

At that hour: Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, ‘I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” Then turning to the disciples he said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Gospel of the Lord...

The Jews expected a political Messiah, Jesus was not one. Jesus came and left them still paying tax to ceaser! Yet Jesus says it was a great thing to have seen him and witnessed his works. Their focus on their desire, made them blind to the value of what they have before them. Let's pray for the grace to focus on and hold on to what is truly of value, and not be distracted by less important desires.

Ihe m ji na-aka, o kariri ego,
ihe m ji na-aka, nke m ji ka.
Ihe m ji na-aka, o kariri ego uwa,
ihe m ji na-aka, okwu Chineke....

Good morning, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2017
Syncan:

Today's GOSPEL (Luke I 0:2 1-24)

At that hour: Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, ‘I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” Then turning to the disciples he said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Gospel of the Lord...

The Jews expected a political Messiah, Jesus was not one. Jesus came and left them still paying tax to ceaser! Yet Jesus says it was a great thing to have seen him and witnessed his works. Their focus on their desire, made them blind to the value of what they have before them. Let's pray for the grace to focus on and hold on to what is truly of value, and not be distracted by less important desires.

Ihe m ji na-aka, o kariri ego,
ihe m ji na-aka, nke m ji ka.
Ihe m ji na-aka, o kariri ego uwa,
ihe m ji na-aka, okwu Chineke....

Good morning, a splendid day ahead to all.

A splendid day to you too

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2017
bluerange:

Am good. Not coming down for Xmas because am presently in Lagos and leaving this weekend as I came down to pick up some stuff.

If you were at the Marian shrine in Maryland last Sunday, na me the Priest use do small comedy when giving his thanks to those participating in the Novena. cheesy

Nice, hope you enjoyed your stay in Lagos.

Does this mean you are considering a career in nollywood now grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2017
We have heard people teach that God the Father is the same person who manifested himself as the resurrected Jesus and as the Holy Spirit as well, that these are not three persons in one God.

Knowing that this is a cardinal point of our faith, Fada Kristimas today will give out 1k airtime to whoever that gives correctly the name of that heresy (false teaching). Any additional info on it is welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Syncan:
As promised, Fada Kristimas is here today. He is pleased with the updates from babestell, so via here or via Syncan pm, send any phone number of your choice (your brother maybe) cheesy and it's network, it will be recharged with a 1k airtime.

Fada Kristimas will need the brethren to recommend a good song for babestell, I know she has the capability of finding and listening to each, any body she chooses his or her own by the end of the day,as the one she loved and played repeatedly will get a 1k free airtime.

So start sending in your songs and the artist.

A splendid day ahead to all.

You know i read and read this post and i just finally got it. Lolz...

Please anybody dropping song should drop link to it as well.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2017
babestell:

You know i read and read this post and i just finally got it. Lolz...

Please anybody dropping song should drop link to it as well.

It's not easy to understand fada Kristimas sometimes cheesy

I believe you got two songs only, I trust you can find the links. One of them has to win.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2017
Syncan:
We have heard people teach that God the Father is the same person who manifested himself as the resurrected Jesus and as the Holy Spirit as well, that these are not three persons in one God.

Knowing that this is a cardinal point of our faith, Fada Kristimas today will give out 1k airtime to whoever that gives correctly the name of that heresy (false teaching). Any additional info on it is welcome.

Patripassianism
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
Syncan:

Am with Jnrbayano on this. The heresy is called Patripassianism which is a Latin word meaning, "father's suffering" or "the father suffered".
It is a heretic believe that The trinity isn't three distinct persons but one person. It is therefore a belief that God the father suffered in Jesus Christ and also died on the cross.

Heck! So to them God once died. sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Modalism or Sabellianism is the right word I was waiting for, Patripassianism is a heresy which arose as a result of Sabellianism. It is only when you profess that the father is Jesus, that you run into the problem of saying that the father suffered on the cross. This heresy was condemned as early as the 3rd century, unfortunately some people still think the spirit just revealed it to them.

But fada Kristimas will give it to the first person to answer.
Submit number and network Jnrbayano for 1k recharge.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:34am On Dec 06, 2017
Syncan:
Modalism or Sabellianism is the right word I was waiting for, Patripassianism is a heresy which arose as a result of Sabellianism. It is only when you profess that the father is Jesus, that you run into the problem of saying that the father suffered on the cross. This heresy was condemned as early as the 3rd century, unfortunately some people still think the spirit just revealed it to them.

But fada Kristimas will give it to the first person to answer.
Submit number and network Jnrbayano for 1k recharge.

----------

Pls instead of gifting to me 1k MTN, can you divide it into 2 (that is 500 into 2) send me one and the other to SalC. She answered same as me.

Thanks Fada Kristimas lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:27am On Dec 06, 2017
jnrbayano:

Pls instead of gifting to me 1k MTN, can you divide it into 2 (that is 500 into 2) send me one and the other to SalC. She answered same as me.

Your request is granted by fada Kristimas, your gifts has been sent
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2017
In the Lord's own house shall i dwell for length of days unending. Psalm 23

From today's responsorial psalm. I once read in a book (I believe it is) "Victory of matyrs" by St. Alphonsus de liguori, of certain persons who haven been tortured greatly by the Romans, had to apostasize in the end, some having lost their limbs and considered as a burden, were still killed. The saints were so afraid of this that they practice several kinds of mortification of the flesh to endure torture. To finish the race properly and earn a place in the house of the Lord for days unending is the ultimate goal. May we never lose the eternal merits of our faith and good works on earth. Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2017
Today is a special day for Fada Kristimas, he is in a unique joyous mood. An airtime of 1k goes to the first person to get the correct reason for this joy.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:08am On Dec 06, 2017
Syncan:

Received. Thanks......lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2017
jnrbayano:

Ah did I even answer? The fada kristmas spirit just caught you. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2017
Syncan:

Confirmed. Thank you Fada Kristmas, may you be rewarded a million folds by God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:17am On Dec 06, 2017
Syncan:
Today is a special day for Fada Kristimas, he is in a unique joyous mood. An airtime of 1k goes to the first person to get the correct reason for this joy.

Ah Fada kristmas shocked
We will need to live in your head or better still divine revelation to answer this one smiley

Well since I don't know the answer, let me just play around and call your attention to something you possibly haven't noticed wink
You've been registered on this site for over 5 years now but today is the first day you are posting on 6th Dec ever.
So congratulations on your first ever 6th Dec post. cheesy

Or maybe you are just being happy for me, today happens to be my only brother's birthday.

smiley cheesy grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pchinak: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2017
Syncan:

Today is your birthday?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:20am On Dec 06, 2017
Pchinak:

Today is your birthday?

Today isn't his birthday, that much I know, except in a situation where he has more than one birthday date.
Something like his mum giving him a date while his dad gave him another and he wishes to honour both.grin

On the other hand, today could be his wife's birthday, any of his children except the second wink or one of his family members.

smiley smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pchinak: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
SalC:

Today isn't his birthday, that much I know, except in a situation where he has more than one birthday date.
Something like his mum giving him a date while his dad gave him another and he wishes to honour both.grin

On the other hand, today could be his wife's birthday, any of his children except the second wink or one of his family members.

smiley smiley

So many birthdays possible except the one I chose. angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
Phew! cry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
SalC:

Ah Fada kristmas shocked
We will need to live in your head or better still divine revelation to answer this one smiley

Well since I don't know the answer, let me just play around and call your attention to something you possibly haven't noticed wink
You've been registered on this site for over 5 years now but today is the first day you are posting on 6th Dec ever.
So congratulations on your first ever 6th Dec post. cheesy

Or maybe you are just being happy for me, today happens to be my only brother's birthday.

smiley cheesy grin

Wow! So it needed fada kristimas to make me post on 6th Dec. Congrats to your brother. It's a special day not for Syncan but fada Kristimas

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pchinak:

So many birthdays possible except the one I chose. angry

grin Sorry dear, better luck next time.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
Today 6th December is feast day of St. Nicholas, legend holds the origin of Santa Claus to a twist in his name. He was known for his gifts especially to children. Santa Claus is fada Kristimas, now you know why today was special to fada Kristimas.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2017
Today's Gospel Mt 7:21, 24-27

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,'
will enter the Kingdom of heaven,
but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

"Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them
will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.
And everyone who listens to these words of mine
but does not act on them
will be like a fool who built his house on sand.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
And it collapsed and was completely ruined."

Where have I built my house, On a rock or sand? I shall not be decieved to believe there will be no rain, wind or flood to test it. What is the rain or wind or flood to test me in life, how am I holding up to it? May God grant us the grace to be wise.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:19am On Dec 07, 2017
Today fada Kristimas focuses on a group in the Catholic church. Today's question for 1k airtime is this: What group holds the Partrician meeting in the Catholic Church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2017
Syncan:
Today fada Kristimas focuses on a group in the Catholic church. Today's question for 1k airtime is this: What group holds the Partrician meeting in the Catholic Church.

Legion of Mary

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2017
Syncan:

The Patricians

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
Syncan:

Legion of Mary

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by rejosom(m): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2017
Syncan:

The patrician meeting is usually organized by the Legion of Mary for every one.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
Patheos:

Legion of Mary

Correct answer. Please send the number and network for your 1k recharge from fada Kristimas.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
Syncan:

Correct answer. Please send the number and network for your 1k recharge from fada Kristimas.

Mtn: 08142533045 wink Thanks in advance cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.