Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' (19887 Views)

Amazing Things You Never Knew You Could Do With The Male Sperm / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Case For Feminism: A Male Privilege Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by elohorayodele: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Omotolaaraujo: :DMutual respect solves the patriarchy issue. We just have to listen to what our partner is saying. We all make mistakes. He is my protector and I am his confidant. We all have strenghts and weaknesses.

Gbam, u too korekt. I wonda wat u all are arguing for sef. None is more superior jor!
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by elohorayodele: 11:32am On Oct 14, 2013
carujmonella:

I've seen dreggs of the society like you, with stwepidity so enormous, it will wake a dead man up, I just never knew it's inherent. it lives and breeds in you, you unreservedly pathetic imbecilee

your uncanny utterance, speaks loudly of a larger psychological dysfunction of your state of psychiatry. I know it sucks being you, but there's hope for deluded sycophant like you. Don't take that pill yet, that will hit you to oblivion and reduce the burden of which you are to both living and non-living things

Sane feminists, not the myopic piece of dog shitts we've littered on the internet like you seeking a one minute attention which their pitiable life will NEVER HAVE

It's not a rocket sense that you're dense and don't use your brain since it's still new, you old-pot-bellied-flap- mouthed-door mat

K.O

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jpphilips(m): 11:37am On Oct 14, 2013
Wu Zetian: Patriarchy (rule by fathers) is a social system in which the male is the primary authority figure central to social organization and the central roles of political leadership, moral authority, and control of property, and where fathers hold authority over women and children. It implies the institutions of male rule and privilege, and entails female subordination.

Male privilege refers to the social theory which argues that men have unearned social, economic, and political advantages or rights that are granted to them solely on the basis of their sex, and which are usually denied to women.

Patriarchy is probably one of the biggest contention points of feminism today. Let me start by saying the difference between patriarchy and male privileges is that one(male privilege) is simply as a result of the other(patriarchy).

Here are some of the benefits of being born in a patriarchal society (some written by Peggy McIntosh):

1. Odds of being hired for a job, when competing against female applicants, are probably skewed in the man's favor. The more prestigious the job, the larger the odds are skewed.
2. He can be confident that his co-workers won’t think he got the job because of his sex – even though that might be true.
3. He is far less likely to face sexual harassment at work than his female co-workers are.
4. If he does the same task as a woman, and if the measurement is at all subjective, chances are people will think he did a better job.
5. The odds of being raped are relatively low.
6. If he chooses not to have children, his masculinity will not be called into question.
7. If he has children and provide primary care for them, he’ll be praised for extraordinary parenting if I’m even marginally competent.
8. If he has children and a career, no one will think he is selfish for not staying at home.
9. Chances are the male child was encouraged to be more active and outgoing than his sisters.
10. As a child, he could choose from an almost infinite variety of children’s media featuring positive, active, non-stereotyped heroes of his own sex. He never had to look for it; male protagonists were (and are) the default.
11. If he is careless with my driving it won’t be attributed to his sex.
12. Even if he sleeps with a lot of women, there is no chance that he would be seriously labeled a “slut,” nor is there any male counterpart to “slut-bashing.”
13. He does not have to worry about the message his wardrobe sends about his sexual availability.
14. If he’m not conventionally attractive, the disadvantages are relatively small and easy to ignore.
15. He can be loud with no fear of being called a shrew. He can be aggressive with no fear of being called a bitch.
16. His ability to make important decisions and his capability in general will never be questioned depending on what time of the month it is.
17. He will never be expected to change his name upon marriage or questioned if he doesn't change his name.
"My husband keeps his name and I keep mine – this is held as a statement of superiority on my part".
“Keeping my last name is emasculating” to a man, but the society never bothers to question how a woman might feel being asked to give up something that has been part of her since her birth". This is an example of a culture of male privilege — where a man’s position and feelings are placed above that of the woman’s in a way that is seen as normal, natural, and traditional.
18. Every major religion in the world is led primarily by people of the opposite sex(males). Even God, in most major religions, is pictured as male.
19. Most major religions argue that he should be the head of my household, while his wife and children should be subservient to me.
20. If he has children with his wife or girlfriend, and it turns out that one of them needs to make career sacrifices to raise the kids, chances are it will be assumed that the career sacrificed should be hers.
21. Complete strangers generally do not walk up to him on the street and tell him to “smile.”

What are your thoughts on the male privilege?? What are your thoughts on male vs female privileges?? What are your counter arguments??

Absolute bullocks, both you and Macintosh live in pluto
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by cheruv: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2013
flexshop: *let me use a little bit of argumentum ad hominem* this Wu zetian or wu chun li na serious feminist or feminist wanna be.I don dey notice am tey tey.

Back to topic,For all what you wrote up there@OP,the strong always dominate the weak.upturning the patriachial system is relatively impossible and arguing about it is simply a waste of time.

Last bullet: if una dey carry dis una rubbish american mentality of feminism,make una no near africa oh.any woman wey try steal or near my property in d name of divorce settlement go hear am.na my problem be dat.
Her type is what I call blockhead feminism.but what intrigues me bawt her is her name WU ZETIAN...empreSs of the Tang dynasty(621-907 AD) who stupidly tried to change the name from Tang to Zhao and ended up creating more problems for the empire.feminism is a delicate issue so the women shouldn't take more than their mouth can chew afterall one of my female friends used to say that what a man can do why should a woman bother?

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by bukatyne(f): 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
I missed the party! angry

The OP is quite insightful on the status of some issues worldwide.

However, I do not believe that men will hand women their 'rights' or fair treatment on a platter of gold. No master will let his or her slave go just like that. If the slave is trying to succeed in one way, the master will devise another means to hold the slave captive. If the slave is not too tall, he/she will be short, uneducated, from a poor background, unlucky etc. It is left for the slave to stand up and say 'enough is enough' and take his/her freedom by force.

The same goes for the gender equality/inequality issue. A lot of men are not ready to give it all up just like that. If you drag yourself on the floor as a woman, only few men will encourage you to pick yourself up.

As a lady, it is NOT our business if there is gender inequality or not. It is our duty to redefine who we are to ourselves and our society at large. I am very sure no man can walk up to Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Hilary Clinton, Queen Elizabeth 1, Ngozi Okonji- Iweala, Kathryln Kulhman, Joyce Meyer, Dora Akunyili, Marie Curie etc. and tell them they were/are inferior. They did not fold their hands and lament 'oh! I am just a woman, I cannot act, I can't excel in science, I can invent anything, I can't fight for freedom, I cannot participate in politics, God cannot use me etc.' They stood up and did what they had to do. They probably put in more time, energy and dedication to excel but it paid off.

There are some simple steps to getting there:

1. Have a vision: A visionless woman is a waste to her generation! What is your dream, what passion burns inside of you? Where do you see yourself in 10 years, 20 years? It is not necessary it's a fancy vocation like medicine or law. The person who started packaging ground crayfish, egusi, vegetables etc. saw a need and met it. The owner of the mobile toilet initiative did same. What need can you meet in your immediate environment? What are the gifts God deposited in you to better the lives of others?

2. Earn Respect: You do not deserve respect because you are a woman, you earn it. I do not care if a man has 4 balls or a 12inch P. I respect you based on if you earned it or not. No man will respect a woman because she is a woman! Really, what is he respecting you for? Your cooking skills, that you will give birth in future? or because you have bre.a.sts? grin You only deserve respect when you earn it. How? the way you conduct yourself and the value you place on yourself. if you DO NOT value yourself, no body will value you. There is no free value around for dash. You must earn it and earn it hard. I am sure Dora was not partying when her mates were reading. if you are always whinny and having entitlement mentality because you have a V.g, everyone will treat you like a spoilt kid NOT to be taken seriously. You must have self control and contentment with the little or much you have.

3. Be a woman to only your man: I do not understand how a lady can decide to be a 'woman' to every man she comes across. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying behave like a man; I am saying there are some special things reserved for my man/husband only. Am I a cook that any guy would just give me money to go to market and cook for him? Am I doing neighborhood wife that I am giving my male neighbors' food or do their laundry? What is that thing that you have reserved specially for your man? Just how I do not expect a man to be sleeping around or offering 'community service' for all the ladies are giving all the ladies money or whatever, I do not expect women to do same. I feel happy knowing that there are some special things only my man/husband will know about me and vice versa.

In your place of work, you are colleagues and relate with the guys as such. I find it irritating when a lady is harassing a man to buy lunch or other freebies... seriously? You work, I work, you earn your salary and same here so what's up with the 'I never chop attitude?' Yes, it is harassing because the poor guy might have something to use his money for and because he doesn't want to be labeled as 'stingy, not man enough' or whatever, he begins to calculate how to dodge or pay for market he didn't buy.

Some female posters are even talking of bills on this thread; is it only you and your guy that has to bother about your bills? What has been a man got to do with paying of random bills? if the men did not exist, how would we settle our bills?

in your neighborhood, you are neighbors and please keep it at that. Be a good neighbor but don't turn yourself to a 'free' wife. I remember when I was an exco back in school and I was washing the plates after a function. One of my lecturers asked if I did it because I was a woman and I told him that I did it because it was my office and my duty. If my office/duty requires I sweep, I will do so but sorry I will not do it because I am a woman and it is 'expected' of me.

4. Learn to be yourself: You are you! No matter how much you try to be like me, you can only be a photocopy! If it is not panadol, e no fit be like panadol! grin You want to wear green because everyone is wearing green; you must have yellow prada bag because that is the in thing; you do not finish the food in your plate because it is 'razz' to do so and you are dying of hunger; you do not laugh because others are boning etc. All you do is mimic everyone else... It is now so bad that you can see 30 ladies talk, dress, eat , laugh, pose exactly the same way. You don't know who has the real moves anymore. Everyone likes A, B, C including those who have never seen it before. I live in Banana Iceland; I live in Lekki Phase 4, I use bottled water to brush my teeth type of forming shows you have nothing to offer upstairs. define yourself and let people yearn to be like you. I wonder how some married people cope after all the 'I don't poo' forming they did for themselves during courtship.

5. Concern yourself with only your man: What is your business with what guys like? You hear guys like this; guys don't like that etc. You should only be concerned with what YOUR man likes and dislikes. All these training girls for marriage even as to stop! I remember when I was younger, I like to eat with a spoon because I went to a boarding school. My Aunt would be like 'what if I marry a man that doesn't like me eating with a spoon etc.'? Like seriously? let him say he doesn't like it first and then we will take it from there. Some ladies are so un innovative and do not know their men because they are concerned about what men like.

6. Choose your man carefully: If you are interested in getting married, choose your man carefully. Don't marry a cheat and then come to NL to disturb our peace! God willing, I have gotten the right order of pants and bra to wear : Red panties with black bra, it does the trick. Don't jump at any man because he has money and being to cry he doesn't love you after marriage. A man that doesn't love you during marriage will never do after marriage.

What motivates you to avoid these men? the fact that you have a vision! if you dream to be a senator and you are working towards it, you know that a man who says 'I don't want a career wife' is automatically not for you! If you dream to take care of motherless babies home or become a missionary etc. you know a man who doesn't like kids or care about others is outside your target market. However, if you are visionless, anything goes.

7. Stop being a crab: After all said and done, some ladies will still be visionless and like to stay at the bottom of the barrel because of the hand outs N5 and N10 they are receiving. Please and please don't be crabs. You don't want to succeed fine, don't discourage others that want to. I don't know if it's training or one of the ploys of the devil but some women don't like to see their fellow ladies succeed. They are the first to condemn the efforts of their fellow ladies, first to judge and generalize. When I hear 'don't you know women? they are a, b, c etc.' I am like seriously? I remember discussing with someone one day and she said 'don't you know women are always unfaithful?' I said 'I don't know because I am not or are you?' You want to be at the bottom? Fine stay there and do not disturb others.

Are there low quality men around, yes! it's left for you as a lady to decide and choose who or what you want in life.

Dear parents esp mothers please stop churning out half-baked boys. Learn how to train them properly.

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by pickabeau1: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
bukatyne:

3. Be a woman to only your man: I do not understand ho[sup][/sup]w a lady can decide to be a 'woman' to every man she comes across. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying behave like a man; I am saying there are some special things reserved for my man/husband only. Am I a cook that any guy would just give me money to go to market and cook for him? Am I doing neighborhood wife that I am giving my male neighbors' food or do their laundry? What is that thing that you have reserved specially for your man? Just how I do not expect a man to be sleeping around or offering 'community service' for all the ladies are giving all the ladies money or whatever, I do not expect women to do same. I feel happy knowing that there are some special things only my man/husband will know about me and vice versa.

In your place of work, you are colleagues and relate with the guys as such. I find it irritating when a lady is harassing a man to buy lunch or other freebies... seriously? You work, I work, you earn your salary and same here so what's up with the 'I never chop attitude?' Yes, it is harassing because the poor guy might have something to use his money for and because he doesn't want to be labeled as 'stingy, not man enough' or whatever, he begins to calculate how to dodge or pay for market he didn't buy.

Some female posters are even talking of bills on this thread; is it only you and your guy that has to bother about your bills? What has been a man got to do with paying of random bills? if the men did not exist, how would we settle our bills?

in your neighborhood, you are neighbors and please keep it at that. Be a good neighbor but don't turn yourself to a 'free' wife. I remember when I was an exco back in school and I was washing the plates after a function. One of my lecturers asked if I did it because I was a woman and I told him that I did it because it was my office and my duty. If my office/duty requires I sweep, I will do so but sorry I will not do it because I am a woman and it is 'expected' of me.

I like the bolded...

Unfortunately you speak for a very very low minority of women
the majority will come here and form e-warrior, spouting spiel but will never use their own money for anything...
You work with someone earning same money yet she still tells u to buy gifts for her///

Leeching off everyone,... neighbourhood wife lol
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by bukatyne(f): 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
pickabeau1:

I like the bolded...

Unfortunately you speak for a very very low minority of women
the majority will come here and form e-warrior, spouting spiel but will never use their own money for anything...
You work with someone earning same money yet she still tells u to buy gifts for her///

Leeching off everyone,... neighbourhood wife lol
cheesy

I read this thread last night and decided a lot of women need talking to.

The man who will regard me as his inferior in this life has NOT been conceived. My carriage speaks for me. When I talk of carriage, not shouting up and down or making noise.

Any man paying for women with no strings has nothing to use money for. If he has responsibilities, he will know how to spend.

How are you?

Preparing for my B.day! cheesy
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by pickabeau1: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
bukatyne:
Any man paying for women with no strings has nothing to use money for. If he has responsibilities, he will know how to spend.

i dey oooo

wish u the best

Live stong, long and prosper ...

I agree with you on this.. men need to be focussed now especially with harsh economic realities...
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Emaprince: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
kilode95: Genesis 3:16 NLT

Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you. ”
painful truth!!!

see them feminists shouting up and down and still achieves nothing at the end.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by BelleofNaija: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
The male dominance is shown here as a group of women were refused entry to listen to music at a hotel because a man did not chaperone them. You can read this piece titled 'Single Ladies are Prostitutes' http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/post/64007899016/single-ladies-are-prostitutes
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by naturalwaves: 7:34am On Oct 15, 2013
bukatyne: cheesy

I read this thread last night and decided a lot of women need talking to.

The man who will regard me as his inferior in this life has NOT been conceived. My carriage speaks for me. When I talk of carriage, not shouting up and down or making noise.

How are you?

Preparing for my B.day! cheesy

Happy birthday dear. You speak so much sense. You need to help us educate those females. There is no need to fight for equity. A courteuos, humble and respectful lady will always be cherised and adored by a man. Once again, happy birthday dear.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by MrsChima(f): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2013
carujmonella: Nice topic OP..

Truth is, it's a man's world.. No matter how women wail about, it won't change shitt..

All these feminists self.. Tsk tsk.. Dream on

It's the man's world but YET men leaders around the world can't keep order and peace in their countries?

Feminists aren't responsible for incompetent males.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by MrsChima(f): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2013
naturalwaves:

Happy birthday dear. You speak so much sense. You need to help us educate those females. There is no need to fight for equity. A courteuos, humble and respectful lady will always be cherised and adored by a man. Once again, happy birthday dear.

She needs to teach us what exactly?

Polite and humble women gets their asses beat daily and often disresoected.

Only a woman with a DECENT man is treated well.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by MrsChima(f): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Ema prince:
painful truth!!!

see them feminists shouting up and down and still achieves nothing at the end.

Yeah....you are right nothing was achieved in Nigeria. grin

Now since you like bible quotes...how do you like this one?

A man is the head of his house as he is UNDER Christ (Christ is the head of the body as a whole). Yes.....the bible states that a CHRISTIAN husband is the head of his house/family with authority and guidance of the holy spirirt/Christ/God.

How can an unsaved man be a head of his house and quoting scriptures from the HOLY Spirit as his sword?

That's like the devil saying he is the son of God. grin

The moral of this post is.....if you are going to quote or agree to scriptures...understand the verse and try not to look like a dumb azz at the same time! grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by MrsChima(f): 9:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Ngokafor: @De Beauviour you are so on point!...i'll give it to you,but in all honesty do you think women in Western nations still needs all these Feminism issues.I believe they are actually balling at the moment..as a matter of fact, i think they tend to take this issue too far and in some cases loose that feminine touch that is the essence of being female..

....their lives are the exact opposite of what we have to contend with here in our continent/third world countries,where women are more less considered as second-class beings,to be seen and not heard,regardless of how intelligent she is..

It was a woman that influenced a man to eat the forbidden fruit. Never underestimate the power of womanhood.

Secondly....since men are considered first class according to you.....why are women exceeedjng farther than men? (Not Nigeria of course). grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
naturalwaves:

Happy birthday dear. You speak so much sense. You need to help us educate those females. There is no need to fight for equity. A courteuos, humble and respectful lady will always be cherised and adored by[b] a man[/b]. Once again, happy birthday dear.

Thank you very much

You are right: there is no need to fight for equality because we are both equal.

A courteous, humble and respectful man will always be adorrred and cherished by his wife.

At bolded, a woman doesn't need every man"s cherishing and adorement. Her man's own will do
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by naturalwaves: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
cheesy
bukatyne:

Thank you very much

You are right: there is no need to fight for equality because we are both equal.

A courteous, humble and respectful man will always be adorrred and cherished by his wife.

At bolded, a woman doesn't need every man"s cherishing and adorement. Her man's own will do

Exactly!
* Didn't even know when I typed 'equity' for 'equality' *cheesy
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by naturalwaves: 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

She needs to teach us what exactly?

Polite and humble women gets their asses beat daily and often disresoected.

Only a woman with a DECENT man is treated well.
A woman with those qualities I mentioned will definately be attracted to a decent man. So, we are still saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2013
y-fo:

I'm not a big fan of how you place your analogy...you say animals would rule over men if power was based on physicality yet in those animal settings, the males are usually the top in hierrachy and the hyenas that have females as leaders have more testosterone (which is the biological adv I speak about).
If u want to compare between animals then let it be intra-species rather than inter-species. To make my point clearer, assume male and females are equal in all aspects except the testosterone and its added advantages it bestows upon men -this adv. is even needed more in the past when there was little technology- and you can trace why there is a patriachial/male dominated system in most parts of the world.
this is a theory of mine (which I feel is largely correct) to explain the cause of this topic. If you don't see from my point of view then its fine, we'll allow other readers judge cuz I won't change my belief and further debates would lead us nowhere.
you keep stating that women are not being given the encouragement to suceed in their chosen fields and so I said we should pick the "elites" in both sexes and compare their standings in the chosen profession (sports, music, novellists, artists e.t.c) since on aggregates women have been side-lined.
*note that I am trying to bend my arguments in your line of reasoning here as I believe the "conditioning" you speak is not as severe as you make it sound*
however, this is a largely subjective area and I see the females standing up to support their own and I suggest we drop it as we would not achieve any reasonable head-way.
the issue of guys and girls having unusual amount of testosterone and oestogin (forgive my spelling) is "unusal", "against the norm", a "minority" and I believe are exceptions to the rule. You can have your own opinion on that and I have no right to say ot is right or wrong, let the readers be the judge of that.
I will address your next two paragraphs as one; you feel men and women are equally emotional but I'll divert you to nipeski001's post as he addressed it quite well.
when the other ladies on this thread stated that they are complements of the men, doesn't that strike you as we each have different roles to play? and you stating that we shouldn't have gender specific roles goes against your fellow ladies assertions. I simply went a step further to try and delineate these roles and if we cannot agree that there are gender specific roles to play then we basicly have a difference of opinion that twenty more pages worth of counter-arguments cannot change anything.

it has been stated by the females here that they would like a man to be the leader of the house as there can't be two captains of a ship. males are groomed to grow up to that role and earn a degree of specialization over said matter and if we don't invest our time in being specialist at some roles hence division of labour to achieve a balance then it is a call to dis-equillibrum in society.

I am sure you would have a robust reply to the last paragraph but if we don't agree to my subsequent lines then it means we have no need to continue this any longer (not that either of us is the winner, the readers shall pitch their tent with whom they see fit/support)

let me define what I mean by a "leader"(seems that term needs to be addressed for any meaningful discussion). in this sense, there has to be a leader to make decisions in a relationship between males and females or in a family and that role is reserved for the males as there can't be two captains in a boat. not that he looks down on his woman as he should consult with her but the final decision should lay with the male. do you agree with this? (I'm sure most of the other females do)
and in the case of a work-setting, I don't agree with the glass-ceiling and feel females should also be in top positions.

@y-fo, there are so many things wrong with this your post but I don't want to address them all because have lost interest in this thread.
@bold, a married couple should consult each other when they want to take decisions regarding their children or decisions that affect the both of them, there shouldn't be a monopoly of decision making in the house, if the man wants something, he should tell his wife and vice versa.
I am sure the only reason you advocate that men should be entitled the sole duty or responsibility of leadership is because your God demanded it in your Bible.
That is also the same reason many women on this thread want male leadership in the home; because they think that is what god wants and not because that is what the women themselves would like.

Take it or leave it, nobody wants to be 'ruled over' and nobody wants to be dominated, the authors of your Bible had to claim thatmale leadership is a directive from god (who would punish those who went against the rules), that's why women appear to agree with it.
You wouldn't find any woman who does not follow a patriarchal religion saying that she wants to be ruled over.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by yfo: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

@y-fo, there are so many things wrong with this your post but I don't want to address them all because have lost interest in this thread.
@bold, a married couple should consult each other when they want to take decisions regarding their children or decisions that affect the both of them, there shouldn't be a monopoly of decision making in the house, if the man wants something, he should tell his wife and vice versa.
I am sure the only reason you advocate that men should be entitled the sole duty or responsibility of leadership is because your God demanded it in your Bible.
That is also the same reason many women on this thread want male leadership in the home; because they think that is what god wants and not because that is what the women themselves would like.

Take it or leave it, nobody wants to be 'ruled over' and nobody wants to be dominated, the authors of your Bible had to claim thatmale leadership is a directive from god (who would punish those who went against the rules), that's why women appear to agree with it.
You wouldn't find any woman who does not follow a patriarchal religion saying that she wants to be ruled over.

You right bout the loss of interest.
Anyways, I feel it all boils down to our difference of opinion bout the gender-specific (or should I say 'speciality') roles issue and not the christianity ish (I'm not a particularly fervant believer)....I can't speak on behalf of others that share my view though.

Enjoyed the debate and have a wonderful day/night.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 16, 2013
y-fo:

You right bout the loss of interest.
Anyways, I feel it all boils down to our difference of opinion bout the gender-specific (or should I say 'speciality') roles issue and not the christianity ish (I'm not a particularly fervant believer)....I can't speak on behalf of others that share my view though.

Enjoyed the debate and have a wonderful day/night.

I don't believe in that nonsense about gender specific roles.
Yeah, have a nice day as well.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by tintingz(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
^^ maybe you start lifting cements, doing bus conductor, mining(digging gold, silver, mineral) then come back and tell us how it goes smiley

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2013
tintingz: ^^ maybe you start lifting cements, doing bus conductor, mining(digging gold, silver, mineral) then come back and tell us how it goes smiley

Machines exist for lifting cement and mining.
Bus meters are used for counting money in developed countries so conductors are a backward and useless idea.

Hope you've spoken to your boko haram brothers.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by UyiIredia(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Machines exist for lifting cement and mining.
Bus meters are used for counting money in developed countries so conductors are a backward and useless idea.

Hope you've spoken to your boko haram brothers.

Unfortunately relatively few women make bys meters or mining and cement machines: they also are good at birthing kuds fo Boko boys to bomb and the bombers themselves.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Unfortunately relatively few women make bys meters or mining and cement machines: they also are good at birthing kuds fo Boko boys to bomb and the bombers themselves.

You really need to stop taking hard drugs......
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by axion(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

You really need to stop taking hard drugs......
Lwkmd grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by MrsChima(f): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
naturalwaves:
A woman with those qualities I mentioned will definately be attracted to a decent man. So, we are still saying the same thing.

No we are not saying the same thing.

You were speaking of men in general and I was speaking of DECENT men. Even Butayne corrected you.

Decent women are attracted to whomever suits their fancy. There are good women with bad men and good men with bad women. Fact.

Big difference.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Goldman360: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Artificial Insemination in Sharia’h and the Position of a Child Born Under It in Focus

The issue of artificial insemination came to limelight in the recent years. Though, the first reported human artificial insemination donor was in 1884. This was carried out by Dr. Pancoast, and his operations were tagged to be a rape, this is because; it was devoid of the woman’s consent.

http://www.scharticles.com/artificial-insemination-in-shariah-and-the-position-of-a-child-born-under-it-in-focus/

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Do You Think Abuja Based Ladies Are All Runsgirls? / How I Fired Her Yesterday / Three Things You Can NEVER Do For Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.