Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' (19889 Views)

Amazing Things You Never Knew You Could Do With The Male Sperm / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Case For Feminism: A Male Privilege Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

This is bizarre and absurd coming from one that consistently twist any posts to suit her lies and in so doing keep repeating her lies that can NEVER debunk any sensible reasons. I won't be caught dead begging you to wake up from your slumber, keep wallowing away in your deceptions and fantasies. Would have told you to debunk mine, but you will keep on repeating the redundant jargons that bores me. And oh by the way, I have debunked all your fallacies, you're just too biased to accept the truth, that it's a man's world, cry a lagoon, it WILL NEVER CHANGE that fact. Even in the next century, MEN will keep ruling and leading, there's nothing your rants can do about it.

Claiming that I am telling lies or that you are debunking me will not make any difference, both our posts are in the thread for everyone to see who is actually debunking who.
It's left for the readers to decide.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
jumbotron:

Hi De Beauvoir, I think someone was responding to my post. The first @Jumbotron you see is a reply and not my posting. My one post is above and says nothing about men being superior. I do not ever subscribe to any gender, race or tribe being more superior to another. I suspect it was from Carujmonella.

I knew it wasn't you posting. I was just trying to give you better advice than what that guy gave you.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
jumbotron:

Hi De Beauvoir, I think someone was responding to my post. The first @Jumbotron you see is a reply and not my posting. My one post is above and says nothing about men being superior. I do not ever subscribe to any gender, race or tribe being more superior to another. I suspect it was from Carujmonella.

LMAO grin. Hold up, you suspect me to be @flexshop?. LWKMD gringrin.so you believe I'm too stuupid to back up my claims with another moniker?. Like I'm scared of quoting y'all or saying my opinion on a cyber space?. OMG, this comedy is way too funny grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by flexshop(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Why are you using the U.S.A and other countries as an analogy? You said the strong will always dominate the weak.
You didn't say the most technologically advanced and developed will always dominate the weak.
And no, the U.S being a world power has nothing to do with physical strength or machismo. It has everything to do with use of intelligence and psychology and employment of adept acumen to formulate and carry out policies to maintain their position as a world power.
It's not like the U.S. wrestled other countries to get to the top.

@Jumbotron, the reason why men still dominate in the west is as a result of years of gender discrimination that have been meted out against women, it isn't because men are superior to women; all genders are equal. Read this my post to learn more of such discrimination; https://www.nairaland.com/1469493/patriarchy-male-privilege/1#18751076

come, what is this one saying? That US is a world power because of intelligence and psychology? Holy bullocks? Did you just write that?OMG.don't you know that US has the highest military might in the world? Do you think US has more intelligent or 'psychological' geniuses than russia and china?Shite shite shite.
I'm done arguing with you miss
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
flexshop:

come, what is this one saying? That US is a world power because of intelligence and psychology? Holy bullocks? Did you just write that?OMG.don't you know that US has the highest military might in the world? Do you think US has more intelligent or 'psychological' geniuses than russia and china?Shite shite shite.

Intelligence and mastery of human psychology is a great part of what got them where they are.
It wasn't about physical strength.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
jumbotron:

Ok Sir/Ma'am, it is a man's world...what next?
Is it too hard to accept that women are up to par. The only Being(if I can use that word) more superior to a human being is God. You are superior to plants, animals but not your fellow human being. Just because you lead a home, does not make you more superior. This is why we have the issues we have with abuse and discrimination in our society, the west is not exempt from this thought by the way...it is just that the laws are put in place to protect people of all genders from those who think they are superior and can use their "superiority" to maltreat others. Be comfortable in your masculinity, no one can challenge who you are! I must tell you though, a true man is one that knows his place as a leader and allows those he is privileged to lead to also succeed. Don't be threatened by the way things are going, or else you will end up bitter and missing out on some great partners.

Ma'am, I'm not sure you get me. Go and read my posts again, this time around, read it calmly. I'm against women abuse. I'm against degrading of women. I'm against the societal pains women pass through at the expense. I'm against abuse of women's power/rights. Just because I lead a home won't make me beat my wife. I've never laid my hands on gf much less my future wife. But one thing you have to know is that LIFE AINT FAIR and women's equality with men will never happen. a poster gave an example that if twenty women are left in the middle of jungle with 5men, they will NATURALLY cling to the 5 MEN to guide and lead them through. They are naturally some things even laws can't change. The men abuse women, apart from misguided ideas from societies, has to do with men being physically stronger than their abused victims. It's the truth.. Chris brown beat rihanna because he's stronger than her(I'm not saying he's right), he can't try that rubbish with a john cena. Now women are screaming equality, these same hypocrites will say 'A MAN SHOULD NEVER BEAT A WOMAN' when man retaliates from getting beaten first by a woman. These same hypocrites will expect a woman to slap a man and the man shouldn't reciprocate in same manner, because it's obvious that men are stronger than women and will cause more damage.. Truth is bitter pill that must be swallowed

Your supporter, @de, said that USA are world power, who can go places and do things that a less stronger country like nigeria wouldn't do, because of their HIGHER tech sophistication not becuase they are stronger than nigeria. I ask you, does America's greater tech sophistication not amount to POWER/STRONGNESS/STRENGHT?. Your guess is good as mine

I concur about your opinion that a true man is one that leads and allow those under him to succeed too. That's how it ought to be. But your last line about me being "threatened" is funny as hell. There is NO way "things are going" that will make me feel threatened. No mater the way "things go" I'll never feel threatened. BTW, you're the one that feels threatened by the way "things have been going" and might be the one to "LOOSE OUT ON GREAT PATRNERS" wink

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella: Your supporter, @de, said that USA are world power, who can go places and do things that a less stronger country like nigeria wouldn't do, because of their HIGHER tech sophistication not becuase they are stronger than nigeria. I ask you, does America's greater tech sophistication not amount to POWER/STRONGNESS/STRENGHT?. Your guess is good as mine

Physical or bodily power is not the same as technological power.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth why the fucck did I even need to point that out?
I can't believe what I just read....... grin

The strength you keep claiming men have over women is bodily strength, not mechanical/machine driven strength.
They are not the same thing.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by flexshop(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

LMAO grin. Hold up, you suspect me to be @flexshop?. LWKMD gringrin.so you believe I'm too stuupid to back up my claims with another moniker?. Like I'm scared of quoting y'all or saying my opinion on a cyber space?. OMG, this comedy is way too funny grin

don't mind them feministe, they make up warped logic to back up baseless claims.

Every group needs a leader.the patriachial system is a natural order of selection that made men leaders (note: not rulers or slavemasters). Hate it or love it,that's natures way of controlling chaos.but trust human beigns,they always wanna change nature.
Its only women who think men gain anything from that system that tend to compete for a nonexistent competition. Infact, the patriachial system is a burden that only weak men and feminist women seek to upturn.
The strong will always dominate the weak.

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
The way some men keep repeating "we're superior!" and "we're natural leaders!" is just laughable.
It sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that that is the truth smiley

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
I am not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Decisions we take as humans should be based on careful planning and analysis of actions and consequences. We shouldn't carry out a set of actions because the animals do it, our intellectual abilities should establish how we should live.
Our intellects have told us that there is no difference in intelligence in both genders, males are not more intelligent than females and females are not more intelligent than males so we are basically on equal grounds.

I'm sure you won't know the point I'm trying to make because TRUTH doesn't exist in your world. Hypocrisy has replaced truth in your dictionary. Any truth that doesn't support your perspective are quickly to
TWISTED. I never said humans should do things because animals do it, I just cited an example to show you that NATURE has made somethings so, not that we should live by animals' practices. You lack comprehension ability.

lol, why the unnecessary use of uppercase letters? Calm down.
Please provide your proof that men are more intelligent than women. You can't just make an empty claim like that, prove it.
And I outlined my reasons why women are not majorly found in top positions like CEOs, presidents and the likes in this post -----> https://www.nairaland.com/1469493/patriarchy-male-privilege/1#18751076
and you agreed with that post and said I was echoing your sentiments when I wrote those things, only for you to come back here and change your claims.

The reasons you gave doesn't count. It's one sided. If you want me to take your reasons seriously, then we have to bring EQUALITY in EVERYTHING we do in our lives. WOMEN will play against men in football. Serena williams will compete against men in tennis competition and let me see if she will ONE SINGLE ROUND. EQUAL AMOUNT OF WOMEN WILL BE AMONG MEN CARRYING CEMENTS to build houses. And don't give me the technology crap. Men that carry these cements that I see daily, don't do it with machine. If there will be equality, then it must happen in ALL spheres of life.

If it's childbearing women are also ahead of men.
Also going by your judgement, all the men who are physically stronger than you, are zillions of miles ahead of you.
Wrestlers like batista and hulk hogan are zillions of miles ahead of you because they are stronger than you.

Don't forget to post your proof of how men are more intelligent than women in your next post.

Only childbearing?. What else?. Just one reason?. I've already countered that lame excuse with the "spermss" reasons.

Quit bringing men vs men ish here, stay on topic. Or create another topic for it. It's women ve men..
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Claiming that I am telling lies or that you are debunking me will not make any difference, both our posts are in the thread for everyone to see who is actually debunking who.
It's left for the readers to decide.

Repeating your one-line lopsided reasons will NEVER change the facts. The MAJORITY of readers that have read and decided to support "it's man's world", why didn't agree to their opinion?. Why did you side with those that are in tangent with your views and countered those that have different views from yours?. It's because even a ZILLION readers side with the opposition, you won't still agree. The majority of the readers have decided and you're here arguing. Take a seat jare
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
flexshop:

You're arguing with graduate of "goal post shifter" grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Intelligence and mastery of human psychology is a great part of what got them where they are.
It wasn't about physical strength.

grin.. Ok, since you guys are talking of equality here, I want to see you go to USA and protest that since we all are equal, they should give us half of their weaponry and that they must tell us their knowledge about their "intelligence and mastery of human psychology". Go ahead and protest against USA that they are discriminating against nigeria by not teaching/giving us in EQUAL amount, what made them world power. Lmao!! grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
I'm sure you won't know the point I'm trying to make because TRUTH doesn't exist in your world. Hypocrisy has replaced truth in your dictionary. Any truth that doesn't support your perspective are quickly to
TWISTED. I never said humans should do things because animals do it, I just cited an example to show you that NATURE has made somethings so, not that we should live by animals' practices. You lack comprehension ability.
Woah, woah woah dude..... grin
Calm down.
No need to get worked up aiiiit? This is simply a light hearted conversation so stop taking it so serious to the point of mudslinging wink
Breath in.............breath out..........
Now settle down and get a grip on your overflowing emotions.

carujmonella: The reasons you gave doesn't count. It's one sided. If you want me to take your reasons seriously, then we have to bring EQUALITY in EVERYTHING we do in our lives. WOMEN will play against men in football.
If equality is based on ability to play football then Mikel Obi is superior to you because I am sure you cannot beat him in the football pitch. I am sure you will not even be able to beat any member of the super falcons' team so I guess that means the falcons are superior to you.

carujmonella: Serena williams will compete against men in tennis competition and let me see if she will ONE SINGLE ROUND.
That must mean that Novak Djokovic; the world tennis champion is superior to Fognini and Tsonga since he plays better tennis than them.

carujmonella: EQUAL AMOUNT OF WOMEN WILL BE AMONG MEN CARRYING CEMENTS to build houses. And don't give me the technology crap. Men that carry these cements that I see daily, don't do it with machine. If there will be equality, then it must happen in ALL spheres of life.
@bold, that's because you live in an underdeveloped country where people still use basic primitive tools in major aspects of their lives.
This is a concrete mixer for mixing concrete;

And this is a tower toist for lifting the concrete to needed heights.

carujmonella: Only childbearing?. What else?. Just one reason?. I've already countered that lame excuse with the "spermss" reasons
Just physical strength? What else? I've already countered that lame excuse with my "instrumentssss" reasons

carujmonella: Quit bringing men vs men ish here, stay on topic. Or create another topic for it. It's women ve men..
You want to use strength to judge superiority of men over women and you don't want to use strength to judge superiority of men over other men?
Common dude, you can't pick and choose. If strength should be used as a criteria for determining superiority then that criteria should be applied fairly to both genders. Why should it be used against women and not against men?
And the topic isn't about men vs women.
The topic is 'Patriarchy'.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
Repeating your one-line lopsided reasons will NEVER change the facts. The MAJORITY of readers that have read and decided to support "it's man's world", why didn't agree to their opinion?. Why did you side with those that are in tangent with your views and countered those that have different views from yours?. It's because even a ZILLION readers side with the opposition, you won't still agree. The majority of the readers have decided and you're here arguing. Take a seat jare

Who is majority?
None of the women on this thread have agreed that men are superior to them. Or is there a post I missed where a woman stated that?
And the only reason some women think that men should lead them is because yourmade up and fabricated Bible said that men should be the leaders of the home.
I am not a Christian so I don't share those sentiments.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Physical or bodily power is not the same as technological power.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth why the fucck did I even need to point that out?
I can't believe what I just read....... grin

The strength you keep claiming men have over women is bodily strength, not mechanical/machine driven strength.
They are not the same thing.

There's the phrase "power" in both of your mentioned "phyiscal/bodily and technological" power. You're too dense to reason unbiasly(no pun intended). USA and other countries that are called " WORLD POEWR", did they achieve that stauts of "power" by having more physically built men?. Women have power too, but their power aint more than of men. Get it into your head. EQUALITY must be in ALL spheres of life, before I'll taje your opinion as unbiased. You're only good in being "choosy" with words that suit your goal. Pffftt. Better wake up and smell the coffee. Tupac said "somethings will NEVER change". Now run along and keep wailing, who knows, you might get cheat nature with your tears grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
grin.. Ok, since you guys are talking of equality here, I want to see you go to USA and protest that since we all are equal, they should give us half of their weaponry and that they must tell us their knowledge about their "intelligence and mastery of human psychology". Go ahead and protest against USA that they are discriminating against nigeria by not teaching/giving us in EQUAL amount, what made them world power. Lmao!! grin

What the hell is this even supposed to mean?
Where did I say the US is discriminating against Nigeria or that they are not giving us 'EQUAL amount'? grin

See me see something o! grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

There's the phrase "power" in both of your mentioned "phyiscal/bodily and technological" power. You're too dense to reason unbiasly(no pun intended). USA and other countries that are called " WORLD POEWR", did they achieve that stauts of "power" by having more physically built men?. Women have power too, but their power aint more than of men. Get it into your head. EQUALITY must be in ALL spheres of life, before I'll taje your opinion as unbiased. You're only good in being "choosy" with words that suit your goal. Pffftt. Better wake up and smell the coffee. Tupac said "somethings will NEVER change". Now run along and keep wailing, who knows, you might get cheat nature with your tears grin

@bolded parts grin
Calm down man.
First of all there are different types of power. (I can't believe I have to mention this).
Let us visit the dictionary at this point;

[size=13pt]Definitions of pow·er [pówr][/size]
noun (plural pow·ers)
1. capacity to do something: the ability, strength, and capacity to do something
The pilot did everything in his power to avoid the disaster.
2. strength: physical force or strength
3. control and influence: control and influence over other people and their actions
She made you stay behind just to show how much power she has over you.
4. political control: the political control of a country, exercised by its government or leader
5. authority to act: the authority to act or do something according to a law or rule
6. somebody with power: a politically, financially, or socially powerful person
7. important country: a country that has military or economic resources and is considered to have political influence over other countries
8. persuasiveness: the ability to influence people's judgment or emotions
9. skill: a faculty, skill, or ability
musical powers
10. measure of rate of doing work: a measure of the rate of doing work or transferring energy, usually expressed in terms of wattage or horsepower. Symbol P
11. energy to drive machinery: energy or force used to drive machinery or produce electricity
12. electricity: electricity made available for use
13. mathematics number of multiplication operations: the number of times a quantity is to be successively multiplied by itself, usually written as a small number to the right of and above the quantity
14. optics magnifying ability: a measure of the ability of a lens, mirror, or prism to magnify an image
15. statistics probability of rejecting null hypothesis: the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis as false when an alternative hypothesis is true
16. christianity angel of fourth-highest order: an angel of the fourth of the nine orders of angels in the traditional Christian hierarchy

As you can see from the 16 different definitions above, the only type of power men have over women is bodily power.
Not electrical power or mechanical power or optics power or statistical powers.
Power is not power, there are different definitions of the word.
And because Tupac said things will never change does not mean things will actually never change. Somebody else said that 'the only constant thing in life is change' so there.
In the past, blacks were not allowed to use the same toilets as whites, they were not allowed to go to the same schools as whites, they were not allowed to live in the same neighbourhoods, but today all that has changed.
That is the same way change will occur and women will finally rise to the top and be regarded as equal to men in the future.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
Woah, woah woah dude..... grin
Calm down.
No need to get worked up aiiiit? This is simply a light hearted conversation so stop taking it so serious to the point of mudslinging wink
Breath in.............breath out..........
Now settle down and get a grip on your overflowing emotions.

If equality is based on ability to play football then Mikel Obi is superior to you because I am sure you cannot beat him in the football pitch. I am sure you will not even be able to beat any member of the super falcons' team so I guess that means the falcons are superior to you.

That must mean that Novak Djokovic; the world tennis champion is superior to Fognini and Tsonga since he plays better tennis than them.

@bold, that's because you live in an underdeveloped country where people still use basic primitive tools in major aspects of their lives.
This is a concrete mixer for mixing concrete;

And this is a tower toist for lifting the concrete to needed heights.

Just physical strength? What else? I'vce already countered that lame excuse with my "instrumentssss" reasons

You want to use strength to judge superiority of men over women and you don't want to use strength to judge superiority of men over other men?
Common dude, you can't pick and choose. If strength should be used as a criteria for determining superiority then that criteria should be applied fairly to both genders. Why should it be used against women and not against men?
And the topic isn't about men vs women.
The topic is 'Patriarchy'.

*yawns*. Same old bullshitt. I've see people build houses/skyscrappers with machines/cranes, does it change the fact that people don't carry cements to build houses?. Lame comeback!!. Go watch the building of the burj al arab and other popular towers/bulidings, count the number of women among the workers and post it here. Let's see how shameful you'll look. Even the crane drivers are Men too. grin. Lame azz rants grin

I'll leave you with these line of mine "IF THERE MUST BE EQUALITY for women, IT MUST BE IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE". Men can't give birth, women can't impregnate themselves. We play different roles, the earlier you accept that men leads over women, the better the chance of your tears drying up grin

And for your info, NO, I repeat, NO SUPER FALCON player will last more in the pitchc than me. I chose education above football(I'm a badazz soccer player). Mikel chose football and he's reaping his reward. Everyone can't be a footballer. Everyone can't be a mikel.

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Who is majority?
None of the women on this thread have agreed that men are superior to them. Or is there a post I missed where a woman stated that?
And the only reason some women think that men should lead them is because yourmade up and fabricated Bible said that men should be the leaders of the home.
I am not a Christian so I don't share those sentiments.

None of the women agreed with the men's opinion here?. You missed it alright, no thanks to your partial glaucoma, selective reasoning, choosy "truths". Here ma'am take a look at your hypocrisy grin

ReineViolet: Its truly a mans word and the Op hit the nail on the head perfectly.

That poster is a female. grin.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

What the hell is this even supposed to mean?
Where did I say the US is discriminating against Nigeria or that they are not giving us 'EQUAL amount'? grin

See me see something o! grin

Your comprehensive ability either sucks or you're exhibiting your traits of lies/hypocrisy/selective reasoning.

When the poster that you quoted supported the men's view that man are stronger than women and that usa are stronger than nigeria(even superior to us in many aspects of life), you came up with your lame asss "psychological" rants to lies as usual to show why america is stronger than nigeria. Now since you're harping on about equality which you have refused to use it's true meaning, why don't the USA share their weaponry and "psychological" knowledge to us equally, since we're seeking equality.

Wake up woman, ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL. FREEDOM OF SPEECH doesn't work in ALL the places and all the time. If all humans are equal, GEJ SHOULD BE IN THE SAME STATE I am now.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
*yawns*. Same old bullshitt. I've see people build houses/skyscrappers with machines/cranes, does it change the fact that people don't carry cements to build houses?. Lame comeback!!. Go watch the building of the burj al arab and other popular towers/bulidings, count the number of women among the workers and post it here. Let's see how shameful you'll look. Even the crane drivers are Men too. grin. Lame azz rants grin
I have posted the reasons why there are more men doing such jobs in this thread so many times.
I have posted the reasons over and over and over yet you keep coming up with the same point about how men are more in the workforce than women.
Let me bring the post again for you to read because you clearly didn't read it the first time I posted it.
women are even considered to be the property of their husbands and even the house they live is their husband's house. The reason why they bear their husband's names is because they are assumed to be under the care of the husband and as such he is in charge of her and makes the final decisions in her life (as the head). How can women be motivated to achieve much or go far in life when they are not even allowed to have independent identities?
Societal pressure and demands on girls to be home makers are higher than that of boys. Girls are told they can be anything they want but are not given the support to do so. A woman has to be educated, or be hard-working (sometimes the breadwinner), or be the perfect wife and mother, or a combination of all. A woman who obtains degrees and works 40-60 hours a week is often objectified at work and told she's a lousy mother not providing for her husband and kids by family. A man can be gone 24/7, as long as he makes money and provides. If he's not around his kids X hours, no one will hold it against him.
Women basically have the mindset that they are inferior to men due to centuries of being brainwashed into thinking so.
They have been conditioned to accept the position of inferior subordinates.
When you tell a person they are not capable of doing great things, when you drum it into their heads from birth till adulthood, that individual will not even attempt to achieve anything great even if they have every ability to be distinguished in life. It is called Conditioning.

carujmonella: I'll leave you with these line of mine "IF THERE MUST BE EQUALITY for women, IT MUST BE IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE". Men can't give birth, women can't impregnate themselves. We play different roles,
We do not really play different roles apart from when it comes to childbirth and breast feeding.
Women also do the work men do.

carujmonella:
the earlier you accept that men leads over women, the better the chance of your tears drying up grin
Intelligence is what is required to be a good leader, not strength. That is why you see presidential aspirants having televised debates during the course of their campaigns. If strength was the determinant for who should be a leader then presidential aspirants would engage in wrestling matches and not intellectual debates.

carujmonella: And for your info, NO, I repeat, NO SUPER FALCON player will last more in the pitchc than me. I chose education above football(I'm a badazz soccer player). Mikel chose football and he's reaping his reward. Everyone can't be a footballer. Everyone can't be a mikel.
If wishes were horses....... grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

None of the women agreed with the men's opinion here?. You missed it alright, no thanks to your partial glaucoma, selective reasoning, choosy "truths". Here ma'am take a look at your hypocrisy ;
That poster is a female. grin.

So after claiming that 'majority' of the people in this thread decided against my opinion the best you could do was to bring only one female out of all the females on this thread?
My stand on the thread is that there is no superior or inferior gender.
So far every single female on the thread has agreed with me.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir: The way some men keep repeating "we're superior!" and "we're natural leaders!" is just laughable.
It sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that that is the truth smiley

The way women keep lying to themselves that we're all equal is just laughable

It. Shows the fact why some people say "women have shallow minds". Too dense to know the reality and the meaning of EQUALITY. If we're all equal, we should have equal strength. Exact facial appearance. Man and women will have exact genital organs. Wake up lady, equality is a relative. It's a facade. You can't do something equally. You can't be in love with twop people EQUALLY!!
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
I have posted the reasons why there are more men doing such jobs in this thread so many times.
I have posted the reasons over and over and over yet you keep coming up with the same point about how men are more in the workforce than women.
Let me bring the post again for you to read because you clearly didn't read it the first time I posted it.
women are even considered to be the property of their husbands and even the house they live is their husband's house. The reason why they bear their husband's names is because they are assumed to be under the care of the husband and as such he is in charge of her and makes the final decisions in her life (as the head). How can women be motivated to achieve much or go far in life when they are not even allowed to have independent identities?
Societal pressure and demands on girls to be home makers are higher than that of boys. Girls are told they can be anything they want but are not given the support to do so. A woman has to be educated, or be hard-working (sometimes the breadwinner), or be the perfect wife and mother, or a combination of all. A woman who obtains degrees and works 40-60 hours a week is often objectified at work and told she's a lousy mother not providing for her husband and kids by family. A man can be gone 24/7, as long as he makes money and provides. If he's not around his kids X hours, no one will hold it against him.
Women basically have the mindset that they are inferior to men due to centuries of being brainwashed into thinking so.
They have been conditioned to accept the position of inferior subordinates.
When you tell a person they are not capable of doing great things, when you drum it into their heads from birth till adulthood, that individual will not even attempt to achieve anything great even if they have every ability to be distinguished in life. It is called Conditioning.

We do not really play different roles apart from when it comes to childbirth and breast feeding.
Women also do the work men do.

Intelligence is what is required to be a good leader, not strength. That is why you see presidential aspirants having televised debates during the course of their campaigns. If strength was the determinant for who should be a leader then presidential aspirants would engage in wrestling matches and not intellectual debates.

If wishes were horses....... grin

Same lame azz crap.. As you ended your rants 'If wishes were horses.......'

You summed up all your frustration beautifully grin. There's hope of you facing the reality after all grin

If wishes were horses, maybe the tears of women will offset nature.. But since it can, I'll advice to keep WAILING

P.S: I didn't read your rants, it bores me wink
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
Your comprehensive ability either sucks or you're exhibiting your traits of lies/hypocrisy/selective reasoning.
This is blatantly false.
Throwing false accusations when you no longer have tangible points is a very infantile thing to do. You can gracefully accept that you were wrong without the insults/lies.

carujmonella: When the poster that you quoted supported the men's view that man are stronger than women and that usa are stronger than nigeria(even superior to us in many aspects of life), you came up with your lame asss "psychological" rants to lies as usual to show why america is stronger than nigeria. Now since you're harping on about equality which you have refused to use it's true meaning, why don't the USA share their weaponry and "psychological" knowledge to us equally, since we're seeking equality.
Wake up woman, ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL. FREEDOM OF SPEECH doesn't work in ALL the places and all the time. If all humans are equal, GEJ SHOULD BE IN THE SAME STATE I am now.
I like how you conveniently left out the part where I mentioned that intelligence has a role to play in the US becoming a world power.
You went on about only the psychology aspect as if that was the only point I made about the US supriority and you didn't say anything at all about intelligence.
Be sincere when putting your points forward please.
If you want to quote me, quote me fully, quote the part where I mentioned intelligence and the part where I mentioned psychology. Stop cutting my words in half because you want to give them a new meaning.
And your comment about all fingers are not equal hardly makes sense.
So if all fingers are not equal does that mean people should not aspire to become better than they are in life?
If a man is not as rich as GEJ does it mean he should not aspire to become as rich or even richer in future? No.
If Nigeria is not as advanced as the US, does it mean they should not aspire to become as advanced as they are or even more advanced than USA in future? No.
If women are not given equal opportunities as men presently, does it mean they shouldn't aspire to get equal opportunities in future? No.

All fingers are not equal quite alright but it is up to those 'fingers' who wish to rise up to take up the struggle/challenge and rise to the level of those above them.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
The way women keep lying to themselves that we're all equal is just laughable
It. Shows the fact why some people say "women have shallow minds". Too dense to know the reality and the meaning of EQUALITY. If we're all equal, we should have equal strength. Exact facial appearance. Man and women will have exact genital organs. Wake up lady, equality is a relative. It's a facade. You can't do something equally. You can't be in love with twop people EQUALLY!!

You obviously do not understand the concept of gender equality...... Please read it up because that statement you made up there is quite embarrasing.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

[b]So after claiming that 'majority' of the women in this thread decided against my opinion [/b]the best you could do was to bring only one female out of all the females on this thread?
My stand on the thread is that there is no superior or inferior gender.
So far every single female on the thread has agreed with me.

*coughs*. Erm erm.. Miss liar, I can you see your partial glaucoma has turned into a full blown blindness, that you know use to stoop low so as to churn pathetic lies. Your bolded is a lie from the pit of hell. Below is my post and what I said. Stop lying, lies won't get your the delusional "equality" you seek for tongue

carujmonella:

Repeating your one-line lopsided reasons will NEVER change the facts. [b]The MAJORITY of readers [/b]that have read and decided to support "it's man's world", why didn't agree to their opinion?. Why did you side with those that are in tangent with your views and countered those that have different views from yours?. It's because even a ZILLION readers side with the opposition, you won't still agree. The majority of the readers have decided and you're here arguing. Take a seat jare

Hope you don't spew more lies grin. Anyways, "shift" the post as usual with your "whatever" pathetic and shameful excuse as you try and "twist" the evidence to suit your lies grin.

I'm out.. When ALL things in the world becomes EQUAL AND FAIR, holler at me

Adios amigos cool
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
Same lame azz crap.. As you ended your rants 'If wishes were horses.......'
You summed up all your frustration beautifully grin. There's hope of you facing the reality after all grin
If wishes were horses, maybe the tears of women will offset nature.. But since it can, I'll advice to keep WAILING
P.S: I didn't read your rants, it bores me wink

My frustrations? grin
I am amused.......anyway I won't brag or write too much. I just hope the readers on this thread take their time to go through both our individual posts carefully to educate themselves on the truth.

@bold, You didn't read my post because you have nothing to counter my points smiley
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
This is blatantly false.
Throwing false accusations when you no longer have tangible points is a very infantile thing to do. You can gracefully accept that you were wrong without the insults/lies.

I like how you conveniently left out the part where I mentioned that intelligence has a role to play in the US becoming a world power.
You went on about only the psychology aspect as if that was the only point I made about the US supriority and you didn't say anything at all about intelligence.
Be sincere when putting your points forward please.
If you want to quote me, quote me fully, quote the part where I mentioned intelligence and the part where I mentioned psychology. Stop cutting my words in half because you want to give them a new meaning.
And your comment about all fingers are not equal hardly makes sense.
So if all fingers are not equal does that mean people should not aspire to become better than they are in life?
If a man is not as rich as GEJ does it mean he should not aspire to become as rich or even richer in future? No.
If Nigeria is not as advanced as the US, does it mean they should not aspire to become as advanced as they are or even more advanced than USA in future? No.
If women are not given equal opportunities as men presently, does it mean they shouldn't aspire to get equal opportunities in future? No.

All fingers are not equal quite alright but it is up to those 'fingers' who wish to rise up to take up the struggle/challenge and rise to the level of those above them.

Same redundant lines...
@the boled, weernt you the same person that said becuase america has all the higher tech savvy ish, that it doesn't mean that they're superior to nigeria? shocked. Correct me if I'm wrong grin. How can you now attest and agree to america's "superiority". Shifting the goal posts again? grin

I give it you, even the devil is a learner when it comes to lieing and shifting of goal posts. You're too good with lies. Harness your lying abilities, and I can assure you that you will succeed in fantasy equality quest wink
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

*coughs*. Erm erm.. Miss liar, I can you see your partial glaucoma has turned into a full blown blindness, that you know use to stoop low so as to churn pathetic lies. Your bolded is a lie from the pit of hell. Below is my post and what I said.

Hope you don't spew more lies grin. Anyways, "shift" the post as usual with your "whatever" pathetic and shameful excuse as you try and "twist" the evidence to suit your lies grin.

I can see that you have resorted to throwing the word 'lie' and 'liar" about because you cannot counter any of my other points. So this is what you said before
carujmonella: Repeating your one-line lopsided reasons will
NEVER change the facts. The MAJORITY of
readers that have read and decided to
support "it's man's world", why didn't agree to
their opinion?
. Why did you side with those that
are in tangent with your views and countered
those that have different views from yours?. It's
because even a ZILLION readers side with the
opposition, you won't still agree. The majority
of the readers have decided and you're here
arguing. Take a seat jare
@bold, I never said it isn't a man's world, instead I have repeatedly said that it is actually a man's world by bringing up cases of women facing discrimination. What I don't agree with is your saying that men are superior to women so according to the bold part of your post, you are the one telling lies against me.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

Same redundant lines...
@the boled, weernt you the same person that said becuase america has all the higher tech savvy ish, that it doesn't mean that they're superior to nigeria? shocked. Correct me if I'm wrong grin. How can you now attest and agree to america's "superiority". Shifting the goal posts again? grin

@bold,
Quote the post where I said that. Quote it.
I am waiting.
And why are there so many typos in your posts?
Nervous twitch perhaps?...........grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Do You Think Abuja Based Ladies Are All Runsgirls? / How I Fired Her Yesterday / Three Things You Can NEVER Do For Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.