Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,347 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

First love. - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (35009 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First love. by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 12, 2013
O.P:

I was convinced that we were meant to be, my connection with her was obvious, because despite her harshness, my love for her NEVER GREW, it started all over again each passing day…

Never Grew?
Did you mean that ironically

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2013
Sethpete:

Never Grew?
Did you mean that ironically
OK I'm sorry u didn't catch d meaning. all I meant was that my love for her started all over again each day .. as if I'm falling in love with he again for the first time everyday! do u get it now!?
Re: First love. by cheesome(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Patiently waiting for your updates Sir wasak
Re: First love. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
This ur luv is making me angry. Is ur luv dat blind?
Re: First love. by CHRISKY: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
I c no guy born an bread in nija bin so weak cock an #bull story. I luv ur choic of word anyway. KUDOS!!!
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
continues

I woke up the next morning and continued from where I stopped for I was really worried. She later called, and when I called back, she informed me that she slept off the previous night, the reason why she didn’t pick up. I asked how many missed calls she saw on her phone and she replied ’53 missed calls’. A part of me was angry that she had requested for the night call, yet she slept off, but the other part of me was superior as I found myself apologizing to her for disturbing her sleep.

As usual I was idle throughout the day and I spent the most part of it calling Funke, we talked and talked to the extent that my hand was paining me, and the ear on which the phone was resting –hot probably as a result of the radiation from the phone. At that time, I had no idea that ‘attention’ is the best gift that can be given to a girl, little wonder despite her seeming resentment towards me, she enjoyed my incessant calls and ‘missed calls’. At night, she requested once more that I call her by midnight, I couldn’t protest against the wish of my queen, and so I had to keep another night vigil. 12.30 actually seemed longer than the previous day, probably due to the seizure of power, in order to defeat nature (sleep), I resorted to drinking water ‘at least I will feel the need to urinate ‘, after every round of urination, I drank more water for another round till it was 12.30. I dialed her line after preparing enough lines with which I planned to inflate her head. We were only minutes into ‘night call’ when the call was disconnected, and after umpteen redials, it became clear to me that ‘Etisalat’ network wasn’t my friend for that, I therefore reinserted my ‘glo’ sim and dialed her line, she cautioned me about my airtime since ‘glo’ wasn’t offering free night calls at that time, I simply dismissed her caution and proceeded, we talked for 3 hours, and to be candid if I were to be asked what we talked about, I can only remember myself telling her how much I loved her in different sentences.
After the call, I confirmed my balance and discovered that about 900 naira was deducted, and I actually derived an abstract joy from that, whether it was due to extravagance or ’love madness’, I wouldn’t know

The year was dragging to a rather sluggish end Lagos was agog with parties upon parties, from birthday parties, to end of the year parties, from street jams to weddings of many spinsters who were taking advantage of the few Saturdays left in the year. Rumours were also rife about government’s withdrawal of its subsidy grants on petroleum products.
Many Nigerians didn’t see it coming though but the more enlightened ones were expecting a new year gift even if it wasn’t baba iyabo’s era (yearly fuel price hike). Protests broke out against government’s new policy leading to economic breakdown for almost a week, the tumultuous beginning of a new year wasn’t just in the aspect of government policies, for I was least affected by subsidy removal, until ‘Glo’ decided to remove its subsidy as well.
I was on call with my sweetheart as usual when I was disconnected, I checked my account balance only to find that my airtime was all gone…

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by jjk24(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2013
I waited 4 lyk 3 weeks b4 I came here and it paid off!!... Nyc work wasak .. Well even if dis story knw true I bliv sai dis kind love dey no b love sha na obsession !!ma own story gan !!...mehn life sha lipsrsealed
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Since I was still having about 2000 naira left of what was given to me by my uncle, I rushed to get and card and purchased 400 naira worth of airtime. I called her again and we continued from where we stopped earlier, I quickly apologized and explained to her what happened. About twenty minutes after, the call went off again. This time, I needed no one to inform me something was wrong somewhere. Yet, I went ahead and recharged my line again, this time around, with 100 naira worth of airtime jus to confirm what was really going on. I apologized once again and told her I’d call her later, as soon as she dropped the call, I confirmed my balance and discovered even the 100 naira airtime was almost exhausted. I quickly confirmed my balance, it was at that point in time, it became clear to me that ‘glo’ had also removed its subsidy.

People who say love don’t cost a thing may be right actually, its not as though one wouldn’t spend anything in the course of expressing one’s love to his or her partner, but when one is truly in love, no matter how much one spends, it still amounts to nothing. This was the case with me, when I finally exhausted 7000 naira in a week on airtime alone. I was becoming worried about how I was going to call her in the subsequent days considering the fact that I was already broke.

As luck would have it, on that same day, my mum would later send me to her sister, who lived nearby, this errand like the previous one fetched me 2000 naira, my luck was doubled by the fact that ‘glo’ introduced a new tariff plan, which afforded me to call at 5 kobo per seconds to 5 special numbers. Without second thought I topped up my line with an additional 2000 naira airtime, for I didn’t want any other need to catch up with the money at hand. After a week of deliberation between government and Labour union leaders, the new fuel price was reduced as both parties came to a compromise. As usual the Nigerian masses had returned to their beds and handed over their affairs to Labour leaders who themselves were millionaires, a typical depiction of Adolf Hitler’s statement “the masses are feminine”

ASUU strike was also called off two weeks after the subsidy brouhaha ended. By that time I was faced with the dilemma of preparing for my exams, since I didn’t touch my books during the period of the Industrial action. I informed Funke about the development and my plan to return to school, coincidentally the date I planned to return to school was same as her birthday, the first since the birth of our relationship….the dilemma of reading for my exams was thus taken away and was replaced by a bigger one, how to make Funke’s birthday memorable
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
dear readers airtel network has been giving me tough time.i had to get another sim since the sub on my former sim was only working for watsapp. accept my sincere apology'

1 Like

Re: First love. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Apology accepted
Re: First love. by Ghozye(f): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ds kind luv sef lipsrsealed
Re: First love. by nolaguy(m): 3:19am On Jul 01, 2014
dude, that's all?
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
@wasak,anytime I open my followed topics, I see dis story and smile...sometimes I silently wish anoda ASUU strike will com up jst so u can finish dis story.pls for my sake can't u just find tym to summarize d story and paste it here ?
Re: First love. by 2nex(m): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2014
nice write up
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:09am On Oct 30, 2014
babysmart:
@wasak,anytime I open my followed topics, I see dis story and smile...sometimes I silently wish anoda ASUU strike will com up jst so u can finish dis story.pls for my sake can't u just find tym to summarize d story and paste it here ?
i really don't know what to say but to be candid m really busy. but for ur sake as you've asked, i may resume d story, I'll try my best
Re: First love. by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 30, 2014
@Wasak This your love for Funke dey make me catch cold o! from the trekking part to the fainting part. Truly you were mad. Yaba left would have happily admitted you to cure Funke's craze in u. On a serious note though all the money you spent on recharge cards is enough for you to buy a plot of land comfortably.
Re: First love. by DONADAMS(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2014
Dis is pure madness!!...comman continu na
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
wasak:

i really don't know what to say but to be candid m really busy. but for ur sake as you've asked, i may resume d story, I'll try my best

reallysmiley Tenx...I hope boko haram is nt showing u pple pepper sha?
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Should i start to apologize, I know no amount of apology can erase d disappointment. I really wish to continue ds story cos I'm a bit free now. But my laptop was stolen recently. Let's cee maybe I'll improvise with my phone

1 Like

Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 1:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Hmmmn smiley

We'll b waitin. Wlcm back wink
Re: First love. by Dahyormine(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lord wasak, why did u start what u wouldnt finish Fo over a year u refused to update. People have already lost interest, i believe u av a conscience........DIA IS GOD ooooo
Re: First love. by MizJanet(f): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Abuja Sex Workers: Why We Prefer Married Men / The Blunt Show - Can A Relationship Survive Without Sex? / Adults Only: List Three Dirtiest Adult Movie You Cant Stop Watching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.