Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,719 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

First love. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (34659 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
continues

She hung up with that statement and without any further contemplation; I disappeared to my Aboki shop. I had almost forgotten my huge debt I owed the Aboki, I only remembered when he trickishly asked whether I had come to settle him. I was left with no option of course, than to ‘settle’ him, it was after the settlement that I got to know the magnitude of my debt. I was left with just 400 naira.

I bought two sachets of Indomie noodles and 3 eggs to go with it. I returned to my room and set to achieve the great task ahead. i brought out my kerosene stove to, and to my surprise, I found it covered with dust and emptiness, so dry was the stove that when first I poured the kerosene I found in my roommate’s container, it dried up instantly. After boiling the noodles and frying the egg, I bolted my door as if to counter any impediment to the accomplishment of my task.

So cautious and courteous was I at the point of serving myself to the extent that I served myself in one of the new plates I had brought from home at the beginning of the semester. I sat peacefully on my bed and fetched the first spoonful of my meal, for reasons I don’t understand, the spoon moved slowly, almost slower than the pace of a snail’s movement, and when it got to the front of my lips, I suddenly lost control. I lost control of my lips for they failed to part ways and allow passage for the spoon. I concluded this was due to thirst, I drank half a cup of water and started all over again, this time, it was even tougher, not only did my lips failed to part, the spoon itself became too heavy for my hand…..Oh! Indomie.

I repeated the same process over and over again and the only difference was that each trial became tougher than the previous. After each failed trial, I smiled at my stupidity, trying to ease off the tension, but that itself was far from being the solution. After over an hour of failed trial at accomplishing Lady Funke’s wish, my stupidity became irritating to me and I gave up (in Yuzedo’s voice).

In order not to waste the food, I headed to Mt’s room to donate the food to ever-ready stomachs. I met don jazz at the verandah of the room and we exchanged pleasantries. Mt was in the room playing games with other students when I entered. I explained my condition to him, and for the first time, he showed enthusiasm about what he had always referred to as stupidity. I guess hunger caused it….for when hunger gets to its peak; one can admire the meal of a dog. In a jiffy, boys pounced on my wasted food after which don jazz remarked; ‘lover boy, ur madness today make sense o’

I was less concerned about anybody’s remark at that point, the issue at hand was Funke’s wrath…how was I to explain my failure to her?

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by under12: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Lolz. . .dis wasak guy no well I swear,as 4 me,even if she go benin go do d jazz,I no fit mumu like dis.

Nice write up bro. . .ur story is extremely funny
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks man! hope u enjoyed reading it,?
Re: First love. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
"She hanged up with that statement
and without any further
contemplation; I disappeared to
my Aboki shop."

should be

"She hung up with that statement and without further contemplation, I dashed straight to my Aboki's shop".
My humble opinion though.
BTW Funke does nt need 2 knw dat you did nt eat the noodles or does she?
LOLLLLLLLLLL!

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Teci: "She hanged up with that statement
and without any further
my Aboki shop."

should be

"She hung up with that statement and without further contemplation, I dashed straight to my Aboki's shop".
LOLLLLLLLLLL!
Funke knew virtually everything about me! y do u think we spent hours on phone?
@ ur correction ,u are right but 'hanged ' is. also a past tense of hang. likewise 'hung' the difference is. that "hanged" is old-fashioned and probably archaic. I'll accede to ur correction. Thanks for following
Re: First love. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Teci: "She hanged up with that statement
and without any further
my Aboki shop."

should be

LOLLLLLLLLLL!
toh!my thoughts too,when no be say the MADAM FUNKE,dey watch am for house...i tire
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ivyluvie2: toh!my thoughts too,when no be say the MADAM FUNKE,dey watch am for house...i tire
Lov deprived me of. the ability to reason in that direction! I wonder what ur reaction would be when I reveal crazier things I did!
Re: First love. by under12: 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ivyluvie2: toh!my thoughts too,when no be say the MADAM FUNKE,dey watch am for house...i tire
lwkm. . .he wldnt want 2 lie 2 his princess
Re: First love. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
sincerely wazak, on a normal ground am supposed to pity u bt nw i realy feel lyk flogging u, even if she tell u say make u enter fire or eat poison, u go do am! Anyways i tink u r nw sharing a testimony o, cos Funke suppose b ur mrs nw, my guess sha, weldone o
Re: First love. by frankie15x(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wow... This rili reminds me of the good old days. Am a huge fan of LOVE, but av Neva seen ur type of love(madness) b4... Ur write up is great buh I hope it's not a tragic story cos e no go funny for me n u at all.
Re: First love. by Akingr: 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
Miss or dear funke is not with you in d room now,you just wasted money.well,nice write up,i dey follow from page 1 today.maybe i also will write my love story
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
CONTINUES

Just within my thoughts, her call came in, as usual, I didn’t pick her call since I always rejected it and call her back. But this time I was afraid of rejecting the call because it would translate that I’d call her, at the same time I was thinking about what excuse to sell to her for ignoring her call, since lying to her just wasn’t an option, in fact it never crossed my mind. After some seconds of thinking, I rejected her call, rushed back to my room and called her.

I didn’t allow her talk before I started begging her, she was at lost as to why I was begging her as she kept asking, what was wrong. I kept pleading with her to forgive me, until she could contain it no longer, my strategy actually worked, minutes of pleading actually helped, it helped to melt a hitherto iron heart, for when I later told her my about what had transpired between myself and the Indomie noodles, I got a ‘thank you’ for the first time, I would later understand the ‘thank you’ to mean ‘now I know you can do anything for me’. I offered to sing for her as a compensation, a request which she accepted in totality...little did i know singing would become a duty for me in later days...

After squandering the money my mum sent to me, I called my dad and informed him of the strike, he asked whether my pocket money had remnants (can u imagine?) to which I replied n the negative. By afternoon the next day I received an ‘alert’ from my pops and by evening I was on my way home. The journey itself was cool save for the men on night duty on the road, the policemen have a way of absenting themselves from duty whenever robbers are on mission, or they probably have a duty roster.
Throughout the journey, I was expecting my girl to call and inquire how far about my journey, or probably wish me well. But my hopes were dashed, I didn’t get any call from her and I was also bold enough not to call her. Although I was madly in love, in between my madness were few moments of sanity.

No feeling can be as wonderful as returning home to your loved ones, not just the reunion, but reunion in joy. As usual, yours truly was given a royal welcome back home. Mum as usual prepared my best meal the way she always did while I was in secondary school. I slept for the rest of the day, due to the stress of the journey. When I woke up in the evening I tried calling Funke, but her number didn’t go through, I called again at night and it was same. I concluded that she had a flat battery, it was only such conclusion that would allow me sleep. Little did I know I wouldn’t be able to reach Funke for days.

TO BE CONTINUED SOON
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
CONTINUES

Just within my thoughts, her call came in, as usual, I didn’t pick her call since I always rejected it and call her back. But this time I was afraid of rejecting the call because it would translate that I’d call her, at the same time I was thinking about what excuse to sell to her for ignoring her call, since lying to her just wasn’t an option, in fact it never crossed my mind. After some seconds of thinking, I rejected her call, rushed back to my room and called her.

I didn’t allow her talk before I started begging her, she was at lost as to why I was begging her as she kept asking, what was wrong. I kept pleading with her to forgive me, until she could contain it no longer, my strategy actually worked, minutes of pleading actually helped, it helped to melt a hitherto iron heart, for when I later told her my about what had transpired between myself and the Indomie noodles, I got a ‘thank you’ for the first time, I would later understand the ‘thank you’ to mean ‘now I know you can do anything for me’. I offered to sing for her as a compensation, a request which she accepted in totality, i sang 'fall in love by D'banj, a song which i mastered completely including its instrumentals...little did i know singing would become a duty for me in later days...

After squandering the money my mum sent to me, I called my dad and informed him of the strike, he asked whether my pocket money had remnants (can u imagine?) to which I replied n the negative. By afternoon the next day I received an ‘alert’ from my pops and by evening I was on my way home. The journey itself was cool save for the men on night duty on the road, the policemen have a way of absenting themselves from duty whenever robbers are on mission, or they probably have a duty roster.
Throughout the journey, I was expecting my girl to call and inquire how far about my journey, or probably wish me well. But my hopes were dashed, I didn’t get any call from her and I was also bold enough not to call her. Although I was madly in love, in between my madness were few moments of sanity.

No feeling can be as wonderful as returning home to your loved ones, not just the reunion, but reunion in joy. As usual, yours truly was given a royal welcome back home. Mum as usual prepared my best meal the way she always did while I was in secondary school. I slept for the rest of the day, due to the stress of the journey. When I woke up in the evening I tried calling Funke, but her number didn’t go through, I called again at night and it was same. I concluded that she had a flat battery, it was only such conclusion that would allow me sleep. Little did I know I wouldn’t be able to reach Funke for days.

TO BE CONTINUED SOON
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
viewin dis topic.....wasaak....hmmmn.....oh boy i dey feel ur pain in luv oooo
Re: First love. by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Oga Wazak, na wia u dey al ds yl? Come and update o, waiting patiently
Re: First love. by Hoii(m): 6:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Bros Wasak, hurry up o, funke's waitin for u here
Re: First love. by Akingr: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
i don dey lose interest gan angryi don dey lose interest gan
Re: First love. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Akingr: i don dey lose interest gan angryi don dey lose interest gan
I swear down
Re: First love. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hahahahah
Wasak d Lover boy tongue
Re: First love. by goldenvicky(f): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Can't stop laughing wen I read the place U̶̲̥̅̊ left ur lecture hall to call her, U̶̲̥̅̊ knelt down and begged her on phone as if she was present, U̶̲̥̅̊ forgot U̶̲̥̅̊ still had lectures, U̶̲̥̅̊ trekked bk to skul,and way U̶̲̥̅̊ narrated everytin to ur frnds and they laffed grin.First tym of rading ur story and M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ likey.Thumbs up man
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 12:21am On Dec 01, 2013
#continues #
Indeed the power of love is inestimable. When it grips the heart of man, it could turn hunger to satisfaction. it turns stupidity to joy. love turns strength to weakness.

I had slept very early the previous night. not because of stress of sickness... but because it was the only solution to my predicament. I spent the most of the past few days in self conversation. Both of my minds were arguing about why Funke's number wasn't going through. The inner mind argued subtly making various excuses in defence of Funke. The outer mind was more outspoken and argued in a rather vehement manner accusing me of stupidity for the fact that I couldn't see the obvious, the fact that she didn't love me which made it possible for her to abandon me. Several times I tried shutting my minds up to no avail, at other times I listened patiently to their arguments yet I found them useless.
When I woke up on that morning, it was obvious I woke up too early, a feat which I rarely achieved. I tried forcing myself back to bed in other to escape the perpetual state of worry I found myself for Funke's sake.
Nay ! It was impossible, I picked up my phone which was beside me to confirm the speech of the clock.... lo. And behold I. Found a message on my phone from no other person than Funke
It read'my phone has been faulty that's why I couldn't call, this my brother's phone, bye takia '

After reading the text, I was at lost as to the next step of action, the inner mind was happy, it kept telling me to quickly dial her number.
The outer mind disagreed as it kept asking questions
'Why didn't she call all this while? She could hav gone to a business centre if realily cared, that girl doesn't love u can't u think'.

After minutes of soliloquy,.the emotional part of me was victorious: and I found myself dialling Funke's number with a resolve to query her nonchalance.

No sooner than she picked up did my heart melt, her voice was sure a solution to all my problems, for that moment and every other moment her voice is interpreted to my brain, every other ability which requires my brain stands still.
She informed me of her brother's return from school due to the industrial action , her reason for my inability to reach her. According to her, she mustn't be caught by her brother making or receiving calls from any guy,
I was almost silent throughout the call for there was a burning rage inside me, seeking to be unleashed and the best I could do to keep it in check was silence.

Although I expected no apology from her, the unapologetic manner in which she defended her nonchalance was infuriating, I kept replying 'okay ' to what ever she said until she dropped the bombshell!
'I don't know when next I'll be able to call you,but don't call at all, I'll call you any day I'm chanced '

It was difficult for my ears to digest those words, I tried to swallow a lump down my throat as if to swallow her bomb, when tears started forming within my eyes..

#to be continued soon#
Re: First love. by mistayeancah(m): 2:54am On Dec 01, 2013
Wasak! I think this your so called love is getting out of hand o! I can't imagine myself doing all those because of a girl o! Nice write up though!
Re: First love. by Trendy247: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Wasak, i don dey forget d previous episodes because of ur delay o
Re: First love. by under12: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Trendy247: Wasak, i don dey forget d previous episodes because of ur delay o
tru talk. . .
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
continues

My throat suddenly went sour and refused to allow passage for saliva. I stood facing the window as if to query the sun for bringing in ray to notify me of daybreak. I fought back the tears that formed in my eyes save for two recalcitrant drops. My minds were about to resume their arguments which I quickly aborted by playing music from my phone. I preferred to suffer and smile with fake smile, than to suffer, and go sober with reality.

For a couple of days after that morning, I didn’t get to hear from her as well and my heart was already getting accustomed to her absence. All I had to was pretend everything was alright, no pain, no gain and smile as if nothing ever happened. That was only feasible in the radiated part of me, the real me, which was inhibited, suffered, and the pain I felt despite my pretence wasn’t even second to physical torture.
The ‘waiting period’ was accompanied with loss of appetite on my part; this really caused my mum to worry about me a lot. Sadly enough whenever she inquired as to why her once ever-hungry son hardly ate, I just told her ‘I’m used to school life where I hardly get enough to eat’. My saving grace for that particular period was the fact that I made a new friend who always kept me company whenever I was less busy. Of course ‘sleep’ became my best friend.

When the waiting period was almost a week and I didn’t get her call, I was tempted to disobey and dial her number. I did and to my utter amazement, her number didn’t go through. Had I known, I wouldn’t have dialed her line for it brought back the restlessness of my mind, I was literally mad, or how else can I describe asking myself questions and answering them almost simultaneously.

That same day, in the evening, I was running an errand from my mum when my phone started ringing, my instincts couldn’t be more judgemental, as expected, and the call was from Funke. With a dancing heart, I trembled as her cool voice penetrated my ears. She made the call from a pay phone. She explained that her phone was faulty, the main reason I didn’t get to hear from her for over a week.
I demanded her address and promised to give her one of my phones, I understand why I made the promise, but at that point in time I had no idea how a broke boy would get transport fare from ikorodu to Maryland…

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by hammedroyabat(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
[b][/b]Ogbeni wasak... Feeling ur tory... Bt abeg round it up pretty soon... Na ASUU give me dis chance
Re: First love. by DonZaggy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
I can really see de power of love in action. I had similar experience but didn't go dis far dude
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
continues
With strong belief in the maxim of love will always find a way while indifferent will always find an excuse. I convinced myself that the task will be accomplished against all odds. When I returned home from the errand, I set into action by carrying out the first plan of the assignment which was how to get permission and transport fare. The following conversation ensued between me and my mum.
Me; ‘mum I’ll be going to the court tomorrow’
Mum;’for what’
Me; ‘I want to get an affidavit for a schorlarship exam which I applied for back in school’
Mum; ‘wow! That’s good, but you never told me about it’
Me; ‘I didn’t know I would qualify for the exams ‘
Mum; ‘ok, so which court are you going to?’
Me; ‘magistrate court ma!’
Mum; ‘ok, how much is transport?’
Me; ‘500 naira ma’
Mum; ‘ok, no problem’
Me; ‘thank you ma’

I was lucky mum bought my lies without any resistance or so I thought. I only got wind of the fact that my luck was incomplete when my sister who was eavesdropping on the conversation between me and my mum came out of her room and started shouting that I was lying. She alleged that I was going to see my girlfriend as against what I told my mum. I remained silent for I was dumbfounded about how my sister got to know the truth. I knew there was no way my mum would submit to my sister’s whims, the reason I wasn’t surprised when I heard her snubbing the witchy sister.

That night as I retired to my bed, sleep evaded me as I kept wondering how ‘tomorrow’ was gonna be like. It was to be the first time we were going to see each other physically since we started dating. My sleeplessness later paid off as PHCN restored power supply by midnight; I quickly seized the golden opportunity to press the clothes I intended wearing the following day.
I later slept off, only to wake up very early the next morning, proving wrong the theory of ‘early to be early to rise’ mine was late to bed early to rise. The excitement which had started the previous night was rekindled that morning; I was the opposite of my real self. I woke before every other person and I observed some chores around the house much to the suspicion f my witchy sisters.

By 7.30 am I joined the group of business minded lagosians who were heading to one place or the other to make both ends meet. I didn’t bother about food for I already got my stomach filled with excitement, one that would suffice the whole day, I thought.
As I was leaving that morning, I discovered the lacunae in my plans, I didn’t tell mum the exact place I was heading to, as such she gave me what she felt would be enough as transport fare. I didn’t allow that disturb me much since the main thing was seeing my dearest Funke. I got to ikorodu garage and boarded a ‘molue’ en route Maryland, I held the rails of the bus throughout the journey, what lagosian referred to as ‘standing’ in order the squeeze maximum result from my transport fare.

I got to Maryland before 10 am, and promptly followed the directions given to me by Funke, by that time, I had spent more than half of my transport fare, and to push matters from fry pan to fire, I had to take a commercial motorcycle since I wasn’t familiar with the area.
Our meeting was brief, briefer than I had contemplated. Her reason was she did so to avoid the preying eyes of the public and starve them of gossip. I only had the chance of handing her the phone and nothing more, I was disappointed as I watched her figure retiring back to where she appeared from.
Talking about the disappointment, it is a drop from the ocean compared to what that day had for me!!!

to be continued soon! i sincerely apologise for irregular updates. please dear readers accept my apology and please dont touch that dial
Re: First love. by zainharb: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2013
Apology nt accepted bt I still dy follow

1 Like

Re: First love. by GodswillAJudins(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
nyc one bro
but Funke use ur head well well
pls more updates
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
zainharb: Apology nt accepted bt I still dy follow
Please consider me o
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 12:05am On Dec 05, 2013
continues
I was still wallowing in a mixture of anger and sadness when a dagger stabbed my mind. The dagger of reality made me realize I had a tougher journey ahead on that particular day. the fact that I was left with just 120 naira, whereas my transport fare back home was a whooping 350 naira on a normal day. The thought of this reality rendered me thoughtless, did I say thoughtless? Oh yeah, I was actually thinking, but in a thoughtless manner.

As my mind drifted away from part of emotion, to that of reality, seeking for solutions to the self-inflicted situation I found myself, the physical part of my body which lacked the ability to reason set itself on the arduous task of implementing the solution provided by my mind, that was ho yours truly started trekking even with the emptiness of my stomach from Funke’s street to wherever I could walk no longer.
And on I trekked through the ever-busy mobolaji-bank Anthony way, to the bridge linking Maryland and Ojota, at a point in time when walking seemed inefficient, I jogged, when jogging became too demanding, I returned back to walking. In the middle of this arduous adventure, I my heart also m became hungry, but unlike my stomach which was longing for edibles, my heart was longing for Funke. The food for my heart was within reach and I dialed her number. My heart was really a simple and less demanding, for it was satisfied immediately Funke’s voice was translated to it. The by-product of the call was a big smile on my face...perhaps Fela was referring to me when he sang ‘suffering and smiling’

I found myself in Ojota after about 45 minutes of trekking, totally worn out and exhausted. I stood transfixed as I let my mind dictate the next course of my adventure. I was to reserve the money in me for the last part of my journey, as such boarding a bus in Ojota was an option but paying was an impossibility.

It should be said that I was not and am not a criminal, but all is actually fair in love and war. Therefore, as I finally jumped on a rusty molue bus, I made up my mind, that come what may, a dime shall not be paid by me as transport. I could have been taken for the fearful type who panics at almost everything which is not far from the truth, from the weed-destroyed voice of the conductor, to the rugged step on breaks by drivers, I was a fearer. Boarding a molue was a decision I made for many reasons, among which are the fact that they are usually overcrowded due to cheaper price. As such it was the perfect breeding ground for my plan, I joined the ‘standing’ commuters as we journeyed in the sardine-tight molue.
Halfway through the journey, the conductor had requested for my fare and I courageously asked him amidst a fake frown accompanied by a false tone of anger “e melo lofe gbowo?” (how many times do you want to collect my transport fare). Probably cowed by my stern look, he bought my falsehood albeit submissively as he replied “ma binu” (I’m sorry). Need I say that during the course of the little melodrama between myself and the conductor, my heart almost jumped out of its place? It doubled its beating and I was almost afraid lest the conductor hears it... Thank God no man can see the heart of another.

I almost felt guilty for playing pranks on the conductor, but methinks desperate situations require desperate measures. And so as I alighted from the molue when we got to ikorodu garage, I waved the conductor goodbye with a big grin! If only he understood. The last phase of my outing was almost the best save for the protest by the worms in my stomach demanding their entitlements which I had deprived them of all day. I paid my fare this time around as every honorable man would do.
I arrived home at around 5 pm totally famished and as usual my food was waiting for me. After eating I was almost thankful for a completed mission when my asked ‘ wasak where is the affidavit you went for? ‘, Affidavit ke

to be continued soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Benefits Of Being A Side Chick. / BBNaija: 10 Relationship Lessons To Learn From Disqualification Of K-Brule Khloe / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.