Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

First love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (34668 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

First love. by wasak(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Good day ladies and gentlemen!!! this is a romance non-fiction based on my experiences about relationships including mine and those of people I've mingled with over the years.
my hat goes for all the writers on this forum and notable personalities who make have made this forum lively.
I'm also using this medium to make a personal appeal to the moderators ur E-royal Highness... I intend that this work be an Eye-opener on relationships. I want it to remain on this section for as Long as possible. Thanks in anticipation....
Nb: special salutes to Lord 190 , her Royal Highness idowuogbo, Professor Sexkills, Dame Oguguwa 88, intellectual Mynd 44, Mr Cork and others whose name remain close to my heart but time wouldn't permit me to mention....
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
alas!!! Waec, Neco and Jamb has come and gone. I actually never believed it will be so easy writing those exams within 3 months. Right from my Jss 1 I have lived with d fear of Waec as the beginning of my wisdom.' anyway I'm done with Waec now and can only expect good result after all the cramming ' that was me soliloquizing in solitude on d Eve of my Graduation from secondary school.
'guy na here u dey? I think sey u don go meet dat chick o ' that was my friend wale teasing me about my junior whom I had feelings for.
funke !!! d sound of that name has never done anything good to my mind. whenever I heard her name my heartbeat automatically rises for reasons best unknown to me. i dont know what d meaning of love was at this point in time but I sure know it's either Funke becomes my girlfriend or nothing else!!! Yeah!!! nothing else actually cos i don't c myself as anything without her!!!
'mumu wetin u dey think ' that was Wale again trying to bring me back to reality from my pregnant mind.
'so how e go be na? i no get liver to go meet that babe o!!! ' I finally replied.
' shey u know sey tomorrow na our graduation? after this night she don go be that o'
'okay make I send one of those juniors make dem help me go call her for hostel ' I finally concluded... just then a female junior walked upto me to inform me that the hostelmaster wants to c me. I told her to inform Funke that the headboy wants to c her alone by 9 pm in jss 3 class . I thereafter returned to d hostel.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
this is my first attempt @ writing. comments, criticisms and suggestions are highly Welcome.... Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
pls don't just read kindly drop some comments. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: First love. by 190theclown: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
abeg my people make UNA comment!!

Una nor see say the guy dey beg! angry angry
Re: First love. by Omolola1(f): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
This should be in the literature section
Re: First love. by 190theclown: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1: This should be in the literature section

more like bluefilm section grin
Re: First love. by Omolola1(f): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

Lol, make mynd catch u
Re: First love. by 190theclown: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1:

Lol, make mynd catch u

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
'I'm sorry I summoned u @ ds time of the Night. I've tried to ignore the fact that I'm incomplete without u to no avail ' I started the conversation ds way.
'me? '
'yes U funke! ' I continued ' since d 1st day I saw u in this school ,I've realised that I'm not complete like other people out there. a substantial part of me is with u.I don't know how! I don't know why! but I know I'm incomplete without u. I know u will find what I'm telling u tonight hard to believe. all I need is an opportunity to prove to u that what u re hearing from me tonight is from the deepest part of my heart and not my mouth. '
'I don't understand u ' she said

at this point in time my legs were trembling as if I were standing on the atmosphere and treacherous drops of sweat betrayed my face.

'funke I don't know how to explain this feeling but please just give me a chance ' I concluded
'head boy I'll think about it' she said and started leaving.
'when should I be expecting ur reply 'I asked...
' I don't know ' she said and ran away into the darkness of the night.

The day-after was my graduation ceremony, I've made several attempts at writing my farewell speech as the outgoing head boy, all in futility no thanks to the thoughts of Funke ravaging my small mind. Now that she has at least given me hope, I have to write... said my mind.
'what do I write? how do I start ?" I asked my inner mind...
and so did d debate continued between my mind until I returned to the dormitory .
'how the stuff go na? ' that was Wale seated on my bed on my. bed waiting for the outcome.of my 'toast-capade '.
'guy bone abeg, I never write my speech. make I write am we go talk later ' I replied dodging d expected answer to his question.
'ha-ha ha-ha.. I no say u no fit toast woman make she gree... u just know book for nothing ' he said amidst laughter.
I simply ignored him and ordered all the juniors in my room to imprison their mouths while I set to write my speech.

to be continued soon.....

2 Likes

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:
abeg my people make UNA comment!!

Una nor see say the guy dey beg! angry angry
Thanks Chairman. na u be my mentor.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Omolola1: This should be in the literature section
I know. if u read my pre-amble I said it's an eye-opener about distant relationships. so it will have more impact here. Thanks for dropping a comment.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
I'm sorry dearest readers I had to edit d title from 'love and distance ' to 'first love ' in order to reconcile d title of the story and its contents.
pls don't just read, kindly drop a comment.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
#continues #

my life in secondary school actually reigned for 5 years. having sprung from a family that values education, my parents decided to send me to one of the best schools in town. i actually found it difficult at first to substitute the barrack life for a prison life where u are squeezed like a dirty cloth for washing to make the best out of u. I became popular in no time due to my intellectual prowess, I answered almost every question in class and earned occasional gifts from teachers. I participated in debates, quiz, sports and other extra curricular activities. little wonder I was given a double promotion from Jss 2 to ss1.
That was me 5 years ago, the me of Today can be likened to a teenager trying to understand the mysteries of his society. the mysteries of falling in love with someone for no reason. The mystery of graduating from these four walls where I was so respected by all the students not just because I was the First headboy from Art department but probably due to the fact that I mingled with all irrespective of creed.
The Graduation ceremony went as usual for everyone who attended or so I thought, except for myself... yes me caught in a strong web of thoughts about Funke!!!! y won't she agree to be mine? didn't my biology teacher told me I was handsome and she was willing that I marry her daughter in future? wasn't I intelligent enough? haven't I been nice to her?

and so did I continue to languish in a web of melancholic thoughts through out the ceremony.... I delivered my speech very well and bagged 3 prizes to the joy of my mum who kept snapping pictures with me throughout unaware of my state of mind.

I walked away from the tent meant for the graduating students to search for that girl making me crazy
'she has to cure my craze ' I thought..

there she was playing joyfully with a group of boys and for the first time in my life, I felt jealousy, the fear of loosing what is not urs.
'Funke ' I called out in a rather subtle voice to conceal my irrational rage.
'what !' she answered feigning anger.
'pls come' I retorted in a calm voice.
say whatever u want to say, I'm busy '
'okay.... what about what we discussed yesternight '
'I don't know. leave me alone '
that was what I needed to confirm my worst fears....
'pls ! can I have ur number?
'I don't have a phone ' and that marked the end of our conversation. Funke had stolen away my pride, my self-esteem, my ego....
but I don't give up easily. looking back today.... it probably would have been better had I given up....

4 Likes

Re: First love. by Enegod(m): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
190-the-clown:

grin grin
Re: First love. by 190theclown: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
grin grin
Re: First love. by CastingCrowns(f): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
Interesting read
Re: First love. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Following..it will be moved though to sexuality.
Re: First love. by sexymoma(f): 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
even if na brain opener dem go soon carry you go lit section, so far say na story, long wan for that matter. dey go I go meet you for lit section ... nice write up though
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
CastingCrowns: Interesting read
..Thanks. I promise to update tonight.. pls kindly criticize too
Re: First love. by lipsyliscious: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
@op I just dey wait...
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Tabh: Following..it will be moved though to sexuality.
it actually might not contain sexually explicit contents
.I just want to get enough followers from here first.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
lipsyliscious: @op I just dey wait...
at ur service soon.
Re: First love. by Nomski0(f): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Op, do you plan on including ërotica in your story?winkwink

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Graduating from secondary school means transition to the real world. right from my days as a kid I had this kinda deep reflection which betrays my age. people never believe my real age cos I've always found myself among people older than me.
I scored above 250 in my Jamb and all my papers save for Yoruba and maths.... my mother tongue has never being my best tongue and mathematics has never being my friend. i expected such a result since no form of assistance was supplied to us during the Exams.
Graduating from secondary school is actually a step higher but detaching one's mind from d previous step seems a great difficulty. that was my case, Yeah!!! just forgetting about my secondary where I had carved my own niche seems impossible. this situation was probably due to Funke!!! a substantial part of me was With her.... I searched on Facebook, called my friends to get me her number...I tried all tricks to no avail. my heart was lost.. Yeah i did not know when It'll find it's way home...
I was in this state of mind... when a friend of mine called...
'guy how far? ' I started
'I dey... u remember Funke?' he asked
'yes na.. .wetin do her?....talk na....

To be continued later....

2 Likes

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nomski0: Op, do you plan on including ërotica in your story?winkwink
continue reading Ma!!!! Thanks for commenting
Re: First love. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mods front page please grin
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Mods front page please grin
Thanks ma. kindly lemme know ur suggestions.
btw.. have u digested d previous lesson?
Re: First love. by imsuboi(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nomski0: Op, do you plan on including ërotica in your story?winkwink

wink naughty fella
Re: First love. by tomnmenace(m): 8:34am On Oct 10, 2013
suspense tins!

...following anysways! cool
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2013
please ur comments are the inspirations I need. don't just read kindly comment. Thanks
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2013
#continues #

'guy ansa na '
'calm down y ur blood dey hot? wale asked amidst hysterical laughter.
'I just wan tell u say I get her number ' he finally said.
'u serious? abeg send am shapally .
The call was from Wale, some minutes later, my phone beeped and my instincts naturally told me it was a message from Wale, sure it was.
I saved d number with utmost immediacy, in such a way that my inner mind asked me mockingly whether my life depends on it. Of course it does, it would be disastrous for me to continue living when my heart is elsewhere. That was me, and that has been me ever since I started feeling something in me for Funke...
i stood up from my bed and raced outside to my neighbour's. place... Mama Chisom to buy card... did I say buy? I actually went to beg for credit on credit. After much pleading... she gave me d credit.. prolly cos it was my 1st time
'Hello... who is this? ' female voice picked up.
'Funke!! it's me senior Wasak ' I answered with a shaky voice and a heart beating like it were pounded with a pestle .
'this is not Funke! it's her mother and what do u want from her '

WHAT?
To be continued...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Husband Is Drinking My Menstrual Blood And Urine – Woman Reveals / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.