Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

First love. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (34673 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First love. by zainharb: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2013
L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿. U neva complete ur mission o
Re: First love. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wahala dey!!!! *dancing skelewu*
Re: First love. by kratos2: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dat great pls ud8 nw
Re: First love. by Damitism: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
I came across this thread yesterday and I have read everything posted so far. Men, I don't think I can tolerate all what you passed through.
Next episode pls!
Re: First love. by Udeme288(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Wasak you funny o,ah feel you abeg. Ride on.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
continues

Fortunately, my head was still active at that moment and it took me few seconds to create another lie. I simply told her I had posted the affidavit to the organization via the internet. How I was I able to reason out such a lie is beyond me till date, because even the omnipotent witchcraft of my sisters was unable to decipher it. A silencer it was.

Later that night, I retired to my bed very early due to stress of that day which was already telling on me. I wanted to call Funke that I was already home, but a part of me restrained me from doing so, that since she didn’t call to inquire whether I got home safely or not, she also didn’t deserve to know. As I laid on my bed to rest, my mind flashed back to the events of that day, Funke’s face kept replaying in my head causing me to smile.

When I woke up the next day however the first thing that came to my mind was Funke, the few moments I spent with her the previous day was stuck to my memory like the chameleon’s faeces. I called her with the little airtime I had left on my cell and explained to her that I was broke and may not be able to call her.I was still feeling the effects of the previous day's adventure, i laid on my bed playing some of my recorded phone conversation with Funke,and pretended to be asleep. I eavesdropped the argument between my mum and my sisters, my sisters had insisted that they wake me to perform my chores while my mum objected, according to her i was still recovering from my outing of the previous day. 'Lucky me' i thought, but when it was time for food, i automatically jumped out of the bed to answer nature's call
(or is eating not natural?)

Later during the day, my Dad informed me that I’d be going on an errand for him to deliver some documents to my uncle who lived at Yaba. I was delighted by the announcement, it wasn’t as if I was obedient to the extent of running errands enthusiastically, but such an errand was one to wet my dry pockets. I expertly concealed my joy and grumbled in its stead to make it seem as if I was unwilling to go, how funny, an errand I was ready to kill for !!!

to be continued
Re: First love. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mr Wazak! I have been enjoying ur story for weeks now. I must say you are a quintessential writer......But there is a slight issue i have with this particular post. You cannot post an affidavit through the internet. You can only post a scanned copy of it and of course, you will still have the original copy....or maybe you meant to say post office...
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
simmit: Mr Wazak! I have been enjoying ur story for weeks now. I must say you are a quintessential writer......But there is a slight issue i have with this particular post. You cannot post an affidavit through the internet. You can only post a scanned copy of it and of course, you will still have the original copy....or maybe you meant to say post office...
I didn't post any affidavit. I lied to my mum since I went out for something else.thanks for reading
Re: First love. by rckdude: 12:06am On Dec 09, 2013
wasak:
I didn't post any affidavit. I lied to my mum since I went out for something else.thanks for reading

Now that's an intelligent reply. But what if your mum had thought like the poster? Na gobe be that ooo.

This is my first time of commenting, nice one. But pls make your updates more frequent, the suspense is killing.
Re: First love. by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 09, 2013
@wazak.....of course I know you didn't post any affidavit. Am just trying to say "post office" should have been in place of "internet" but since ur mum didn't think along that line, good for you. But mehnnnn, the intensity of ur love for Funke is absolutely amazing!
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
continues
After about three hours of transit in heart of Lagos, I arrived my Uncle’s residence at Yaba. It was the first time I would visit him since his return from Ghana where he served as Defense adviser to Nigeria’s high commission in Ghana. As expected, evidence of foreign connection was present, as two big ambassadorial jeeps were parked in his garage alongside a couple of other flashy cars. The exterior of the building couldn’t betray the fact that it belonged to someone not unconnected with politics.

I was in interrogated by his armed guards after which they ushered me in. My uncle had visitors , I therefore had to wait in the visitors room pending his visitors departure. ‘Money good o’ was the only song playing in my mind all through my stay. I spent the night at His place because it was too late to depart for Ikorodu on the same day. As I was about leaving the next morning, My uncle offered me ‘transport fare’ and even offered that his guards dropped me at the bus-stop to which I objected, I am not the type to reject a free ride on a normal day, but the anxiousness to count my ‘transport fare’ didn’t permit me to accept the ride.

As soon as I was out of sight, I counted the money and I wasn’t disappointed, ‘7k wasn’t bad afterall’ I concluded. I really do not understand whether I had no needs at that point in time, or I was deluded with love to the extent of not having anything to do with money other than airtime. I purchased 2000 naira worth of airtime, solely for the sake of Funke.

I was overwhelmed by the fact that I had more than enough airtime to call my love, as such I dialed her line and the ‘madness’ started. I was unmindful of passers-by since I was on the road not just that, as I was making the call, I walked past the bus-stop, where I ought to get transport. The call went on, until she complained of having a low battery, even at that, I was reluctant to drop the call. Before dropping, I told her I had a surprise for her, one I neither planned nor contemplated, but as soon as the words came out, it became mandatory that I fulfill my promise.

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by sconp: 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
*observing cool

1 Like

Re: First love. by heYwhire(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
u buY #2000 recharge card...nawa 4 u o...

1 Like

Re: First love. by Hoii(m): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
N2000 card cos of funke? Wasak u dey craze
Re: First love. by Akingr: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dis ur madness is ungradeable.as in hw can u buy 2000 card untop girl.i too dey vex.maxbe funke dey play u sef
Re: First love. by mistayeancah(m): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wasak! I'm tired of this your one sided LOVE!
Re: First love. by tomie123(m): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Seriously !!!
Re: First love. by CHRISKY: 6:51am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=wasak. I really do not understand whether I had no needs at that point in time, or I was deluded with love to the extent of not having anything to do with money other than airtime. I purchased 2000 naira worth of airtime, solely for the sake of Funke.

to be continued soon[/quote] dis z d wrk of ENCHANTMENT.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
continues
I bought another airtime of 1000 naira and sent it to her, since no other idea came forth. By that time, I had navigated far away from the bus-stop where I ought to board a bus due to the fact that I temporarily lost my senses while I was on call with Funke. I had to wave own a motorcycle to take me back to the bus stop. Luckily for me, the journey back home was smooth, which was as a result of the fact that the Lagos rush-hour was over at least for that morning.
When I finally alighted at the last bus-stop to my house, Funke’s call came in. co-incidentally, I was about to call her as well and didn’t expect her call since she hardly called. i calmly rejected her call and called her back almost immediately which had been the status quo since the beginning of the relationship. In my mind I was jubilant, that her august call would probably be an appreciation to the airtime I sent her.

Me; ‘hello sweety’
Funke; ‘yes, I saw ur message’
Me; ‘alright I know its little please help me make do with it’
Funke; ‘did I tell you I need card or why did you send it’(frank voice)
Me; ‘I’m sorry…its not what you think’
Funke; ‘whatever! I’m sending it back to You right away…mtcheew’

Her reaction left me dumbfounded; my hitherto jubilant ego was bruised, in a rather harsh manner. Confusion came over me for it was clear I had bitten more than I could chew. i started apologizing for it was the only way out, I would later understand that apology with a sincere tone could be worth more than ‘I love you’ to a lady. I was already accustomed to begging, as far as Funke’s love was concerned, I was a professional beggar. She later accepted on the condition that what I did never repeated itself save with her permission.

I later ended the call when I was sure she wasn’t angry anymore on a promise to call her as soon as I arrived home. as soon as I returned my phone to my pocket, I raised and my head, my eyes immediately met with several eyes who must have been watching me making call, for how long I don’t know, the worst aspect is nothing is as elucidating as a guy making calls with his girlfriend, may be due to the gentlemanly manner, it goes as clear to all. I really wished the earth would swallow me when I noticed that the ‘several eyes’ were those of my playmates, as they started hailing ‘unbeatable!!! Unbeatable!!!’…someone would frequently dial the number of a girl on his phone to the extent that his friends knew the name with which her number was stored.

I called her much later and as expected she nagged about my call coming later than she had expected, another round of apology from me ended the nagging. She informed me she was busy cooking, but before she dropped she requested ‘please can you call me by midnight?’. My ears actually failed me, or so I thought, it was the first time she would make such a request, prior to then, all our conversations were during daytime, and with all the strength in my trachea, I answered “YES”

to be continued soon

dearest readers please bear with my irregular updates, its not my wish and i know many have lost interest, i hope to return to regular and longer updates as soon as possible.Thanks for reading and please dont forget to drop ur observations, suggestions and comments.Thanks once more
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
lol bro dont be tired.plese read on
mista yeancah: Wasak! I'm tired of this your one sided LOVE!
Re: First love. by lordfalcao(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
wasak if you letter get DX funke and you no Nash her eh...I go vex you
Re: First love. by lordfalcao(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
wasak if you letter get DX funke and you no Nash her eh...I go vex for you
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
I ve bin tellin my frnds dis story nd dey ar always laffin....more power 2 ur elbow....if u rily did all dese tins den u were rily mad lyk rily mad.....anyways pls continue soonest......
Re: First love. by Ghadafy(m): 2:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Hey Wasak, I have been following this post from day 1 and I really commend you for a effulgent work in presenting this prodigious cliffhanger. I'm just hoping you were able to knack this girl (Funke) as a form of honorarium for all your gargantuan effort.
Re: First love. by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 11, 2013
wasak: continues...

The next day was Saturday, so i had a lot of work,to do, this actually helped to occupy the vacuum Funke created in my heart
But this was to last for only a shortwhile, immediately after the house chores, the vacuum resumed from its short vacation.I logged on Tugo to notify Wale of the development perhaps he could help me find a,way out for I truly needed help.
After a few minutes on Tugo ,Funke called, I concluded my eyes were deceiving me or it,was probably a delusion as it had been for the past 3 days. When I finally decided to pick up, I made a decision to query her for her nonchalance ...,..as if I could..
I picked up and asked in a rather apologetic manner why her number wasn't going through in the past few days, her reply befuddled my ears !!! She told me she travelled to write her post-utme and decided to switch off in order for me not to disturb her...
At this point I swallowed hard as if to swallow the rage burning up inside me, of course I was burning with rage and melancholy...but who was I to express that before Her majesty?
I started begging her and promised not to disturb her ,i begged her never to switch off her phone, for it was already having effects on me....i was probably speaking to deaf ears even with tears in my eyes as she asked 'who are u to tell me not to switch off?'

To be continued....
did u notice she called u after 3 days in this episode and that u picked the call, u've not dropped it.... Now watch again...
Re: First love. by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 11, 2013
wasak: #continues....#

In order to prevent myself from further hurt, i lied to Funke that i was low on credit and would therefore call her later. This was probably a good decision because it also helped to conceal my tears. I crept back into my room , and lay on my bed like a rejected piece of good. Well how was i different from that?

I pondered over the last 3 days, how worried i had been about Funke when i couldnt reach her, i pondered about how well she appreciated my worry over her with cold responses. I pondered about the tears falling freely from my eyes , i asked myself whether it was the same me who found it hard to shed a tear drop when i lost an aunt the previous year....
It was about a week since Funke had accepted my proposal, the bulk of my thoughts, money and time was expended on her one way or the other, yet the best i could get in return was those responses...in between those thoughts, i found myself dialling her number once more, when she picked up , i found myself apologising for disturbing her the other time...i asked about her upcoming exams to which she responded positively, much to the delight of my hitherto sobber heart for reasons beyond me.
After the call, I concluded the same way Nnu Ego had concluded in 'the joys of motherhood' according to her, if you don't have children , the longing for them will kill you, If you have children the worry over them will kill you...my case was similar ''if you don't have a lover, the longing for them will kill you, when you finally think you found love, the worry over such love will kill you''!!!!

#to be continued soon!!!! #
ok still a continuation of the previous episode, she called you in the previous episode but in this episode it was like it was ur own credit that was being used if not y did u tell her that you were low on credit and that u'l call her later, check the beginning paragraph of this episode.... Hope these are not lies cos na cos of ur tori i come romance section.
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2013
lord_falcao: wasak if you letter get DX funke and you no Nash her eh...I go vex you
Lol make we see na
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Movingcoil: did u notice she called u after 3 days in this episode and that u picked the call, u've not dropped it.... Now watch again...
that was a mistake on my part actually I never did pickup her calls....I always rejected them and callback
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Ghadafy: Hey Wasak, I have been following this post from day 1 and I really commend you for a effulgent work in presenting this prodigious cliffhanger. I'm just hoping you were able to knack this girl (Funke) as a form of honorarium for all your gargantuan effort.
Lol everyone talks about knacking!!! I Hope I did sha!
Re: First love. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wasak,d lover boycheesysmileycheesysmiley
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
continues

Not long after I dropped the call, I received a call from my coursemate Mt, it was the first time we were hearing from each other since we parted ways for the compulsory vacation courtesy of ASUU. I actually did not know how to ‘miss’ someone as long as he or she wasn’t ‘Funke’, reason I was surprised when Mt accused me of not calling him, true that, since my relationship with Funke began, I could count the amount of times I called someone else, even my activities on social networks reduced drastically save for whenever I needed relationship tips.

After my dinner that night, I retired to my room as usual, My relationship with Funke actually marked a new era in all aspects of my life, as I pondered over the few months with Funke on that night, I couldn’t but laugh at so many instances where I had acted out of rationality. Even my siblings had noticed the changes in me as I always kept to myself. Funke had become the centre of my life, and all my thoughts revolved around her, I was convinced that we were meant to be, my connection with her was obvious, because despite her harshness, my love for her never grew, it started all over again each passing day…

I kept a vigil that night, it wasn’t a prayer session, rather it was a patient wait for ‘12.30 a.m’ the time free night calls were allowed on Etisalat network. I could have saved myself the stress of waiting by setting an alarm, but jeopardizing the opportunity to call my Queen was the last thing I would do. As soon as it was time, I inserted my Etisalat sim card and called her.

The zenith of anxiety overwhelmed me as soon as she picked for unlike before, I didn’t plan whatever I intended to tell her, I tried to cover up by asking her what she had to tell me when she snapped angrily at me ‘talk jor’ … he words were like a button on a remote control, it worked perfectly, I didn’t know where the words came from, I just started the usual gist, why a girl would never get fed up of sweet words eluded me.
I did the most of talking, saying many things most of which I can’t recollect any longer, but a sure fact was that the most part of the call was purgation of emotions, an act I did with all sincerity. Whenever I was on call with her, I was usually connected to a spiritual realm, one which sent revelations such that I never lacked anything say

When the call reached an hour, it automatically disconnected, I called back almost immediately but she didn’t pick, I called again, yet no answer,o became worried for i wasnt sure whether i had offended her inadvertently. I continued calling for umpteen times without any answer, sometimes I paused and prayed that she may pick the call and every other call I promised myself was my last, yet I continued calling till 4 a.m by that time dialing her number was already a reflex action that i had the least control over...

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by sconp: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
this kind of love na fire o. Observin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Guys How Do You Respond To What Do You Want From Me ? / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video) / Husband Pees Inside Wife During Sex!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.