Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78085 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
Haba Pastor! Where did you read in that verse that tithe was annulled? To get a proper context go back to chapter 7 and tell me your findings.

Just like vooks you are also reading carnally into the scriptures. Because there was a change of the covenant doesnt mean the new covenant doesn't have its own laws which is spiritual, eternal and internal.
you asked for a scripture to proof dat d old covenant was replaced, i showed you, instead of you to learn and thank me, you sneaked in tithe, Bidam, why are you like this?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2014
vooks:
So all you need is to catch the Spirit behind every Law in Torah right?
why would i do that? I have the Holy Spirit. He teaches me all things interpreting scriptures with scriptures. Unlike you i don't rely on strange websites who start their conversations with an argument. It is just like the JW folks who are ever arguing about the deity of Christ. Any christianity that's anchors it belief system on the basis of an argument is no christianity.
Moreso we are discussing a non essential doctrine here which to me shouldn't even be an issue to start with if at all you are for givings in the body of Christ.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2014
christemmbassey:
you asked for a scripture to proof dat d old covenant was replaced, i showed you, instead of you to learn and thank me, you sneaked in tithe, Bidam, why are you like this?
Wrong. I actually asked for the annulment of tithes not the old covenant. Check my post again.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2014
So did the Holy Spirit tell you that menstruation laws are not applicable for you? Because if scripture wisdom is as subjective as your revelation, then everything goes.d what is not. It can't be your private revelation sir. Otherwise if I woke up and started animal sacrifices while scoffing at others who are not into blood sacrifices, how can you help me?

Tithing is non-essential in the OT yet it is the one thing the Pharisee gloated before God in prayer, and it is one thing Jesus singled out in Pharisee self-righteousness. Am not surprised even today, it is a MAJOR doctrine among the evangelicals.

The Spirit teaches you the spirit behind circumcision,you abandon circumcision but retain the spiritual aspect of the same. Same case as the Feasts, but I find it decidedly convenient that you were taught the spirit behind OT tithes, you understood that BUT retained the physical tithing as well. Is this not inconsistent application of scriptures?

Am driving that there are clear objective principles we follow in picking what part of Moses is applicable to us and what is not

When you run out of sense, it is convenient to accuse your debater of being argumentative
Bidam:
why would i do that? I have the Holy Spirit. He teaches me all things interpreting scriptures with scriptures. Unlike you i don't rely on strange websites who start their conversations with an argument. It is just like the JW folks who are ever arguing about the deity of Christ. Any christianity that's anchors it belief system on the basis of an argument is no christianity.
Moreso we are discussing a non essential doctrine here which to me shouldn't even be an issue to start with if at all you are for givings in the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam,
for the umpteenth time, whene were the freewill offerings annulled?
Bidam:
Wrong. I actually asked for the annulment of tithes not the old covenant. Check my post again.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2014
Posting vooks response again just in case Bidam missed it first time.

vooks:

So did the Holy Spirit tell you that menstruation laws are not applicable for you? Because if scripture wisdom is as subjective as your revelation, then everything goes.d what is not. It can't be your private revelation sir. Otherwise if I woke up and started animal sacrifices while scoffing at others who are not into blood sacrifices, how can you help me?

Tithing is non-essential in the OT yet it is the one thing the Pharisee gloated before God in prayer, and it is one thing Jesus singled out in Pharisee self-righteousness. Am not surprised even today, it is a MAJOR doctrine among the evangelicals.

The Spirit teaches you the spirit behind circumcision,you abandon circumcision but retain the spiritual aspect of the same. Same case as the Feasts, but I find it decidedly convenient that you were taught the spirit behind OT tithes, you understood that BUT retained the physical tithing as well. Is this not inconsistent application of scriptures?

Am driving that there are clear objective principles we follow in picking what part of Moses is applicable to us and what is not

When you run out of sense, it is convenient to accuse your debater of being argumentative
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

This is part of it. Why give money to MOG if the money is likely to be diverted to funding private jet?
Lol, and what are the other parts? Trust me, most ministers with private jets you are envying do not rely on the givings of their members. That's a story for another day. But on a serious note the reason why most people will agree to your arguments is simply because it appeals to common sense and logic. Why give to a church that has a minister who owns a private jet?

You can't beat satan at his game. He is the master schemer of logic and sensual knowledge.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

You don't get it. It's not bout what God promised, it's about the motivation for giving.
You still err..there is nothing wrong in motivating folks to give if it is expressly stated in scriptures.e:g Paul motivated the corinthians to give by quoting the mosaic law. He even went as far as telling the philipian church that because they gave is credited to their account insisting that based on their givings, his God will supply ALL their needs, why didn't Paul say God has blessed them before they gave
Nobody is arguing with Paul on this one except the Malachi scripture, as if it is not the SAME Holy Spirit that spake through Paul and Prophet Malachi.

Even non-givers receive God's blessing.
and what are those blessings? My definition of a christian who is blessed is not tied to material possessions alone. These are evidence of being blessed.
If there were no blessing attached to tithing (as preached by pastor), a good number (if not all) of people will not be tithing.
The argument can also be made that a large number don't even tithe or even if they do, it's inconsistent.
Their 'giving' is conditional. This is contrary to the teachings of Christ & the apostles.
It is scriptures that gave conditions not pastors. Pls go through those scriptures to see whether conditions are there or not.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

Depends on the message. What exactly is the pastor teaching that will require quote from Malachi 3:8-10? tell me.
Giving to the church, just as Paul quoted the mosaic law to the corinthians.

If tithe is in the bible nko? How do you teach voluntary tithing? tell me.
There are people who believe saturday is a day to worship God with scriptures to back their claims. Are we to condemn them on a day they set aside to worship God? Or is it stated anywhere in the bible that sunday is a day of worship?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
Lol, and what are the other parts? Trust me, most ministers with private jets you are envying do not rely on the givings of their members. That's a story for another day. But on a serious note the reason why most people will agree to your arguments is simply because it appeals to common sense and logic. Why give to a church that has a minister who owns a private jet?

You can't beat satan at his game. He is the master schemer of logic and sensual knowledge.

Bidam and other advocators of tithing are grossly insincere beings in this case.They keep skipping two very vital questions that will settle this issue once and for all.infact this issue is debatable only to a fool.As Christians who must we emulate? Even a goat know the answer.Secondly did he pay or receive tithe?.If we go contrary to whatever is the answer then we are doing our own will and not his true follower.Were there people who truly emulated him? Did the join him in doing all that he did and refused to do?. I want a pro-tither to respond.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:

Trust me, most ministers with private jets you are envying do not rely on the givings of their members.

I don't envy pastors with PJs.

Bidam:

But on a serious note the reason why most people will agree to your arguments is simply because it appeals to common sense and logic.

That's all you need to reason. or you want to be put into a trance before you can reason?

Bidam:

Why give to a church that has a minister who owns a private jet?

Even Paul stated that those with surplus should divert their surplus to meet the funding gap of those currently in need. Why continue to pour money into an account that is already overflowing with cash?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2014
God would be more pleased with an anti-tither giving ten percent of his money to a widow or orphan in his community than if that anti-tither took ten percent of his money to a pastor who had a private jet and luxurious home. The widow and orphan are in greater need.

But it must be stressed once more that God does not require ten percent of that anti-tither's money.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
God would be more pleased with an anti-tither giving ten percent of his money to a widow or orphan in his community than if that anti-tither took ten percent of his money to a pastor who had a private jet and luxurious home. The widow and orphan are in greater need.

But it must be stressed once more that God does not require ten percent of that anti-tither's money.

Na ur papa born u!!! Abeg chop knuckle!!!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:

You still err..there is nothing wrong in motivating folks to give if it is expressly stated in scriptures.e:g Paul motivated the corinthians to give by quoting the mosaic law.

Na wa oh sad Bidam try to read my posts na. This is not about what God promised either directly or via third parties like Paul. This is about the motivation of the giver. It is not about the condition laid down by Moses, it is about the spirit urging the Christian to give. Even if Paul motivated corinthians by quoting mosaic law, he did not teach that giving must be based on promised returns. Providing assurance that God will not forget you for your good works is not the same thing as saying give so that God blesses you in return.

Bidam:

He even went as far as telling the philipian church that because they gave is credited to their account insisting that based on their givings, his God will supply ALL their needs, why didn't Paul say God has blessed them before they gave

Maybe you don't understand that God already blessed them even before they gave. You think the gift given to Paul was sourced from blessings received from satan?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
Bidam:
Can you quote a scripture to support this? That the abrahamic covenant was nullified? Scripture pls? Not side talks or eisegesis.
prophet Bidam, why are you like this?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 25, 2014
This your strawmann argument don tire me..
vooks:
So did the Holy Spirit tell you that menstruation laws are not applicable for you?
What is your fixation on menses BTW? Are you female?SMH! An argument for silence.

Because if scripture wisdom is as subjective as your revelation, then everything goes.d what is not. It can't be your private revelation sir. Otherwise if I woke up and started animal sacrifices
Is it animal sacrifice that God was interested in to start with? You still have a long way to go in your bible study...another irrelevancy that in no way address my post.

while scoffing at others who are not into blood sacrifices, how can you help me?
Who are those you scoff at? Do you know the significance of eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus( The Lamb).? What is the spiritual connotation behind what the isrealite did and what Jesus told his disciples to do before His depature?
Tithing is non-essential in the OT yet it is the one thing the Pharisee gloated before God in prayer,
Yet Jesus commended the giving of their 10percent to the temple. It was the outward pious show of hypocrisy Jesus was against..like i said giving emanates from the heart.. If you find it offensive that christians called their 10prcnt givings as "tithes" don't blame them, no one is going to hell if he tithes or not.

not and it is one thing Jesus singled out in Pharisee self-righteousness. Am not surprised even today, it is a MAJOR doctrine among the evangelicals.
Yet the evangelicals you crucify are you any better? It smacks and reeks of hypocrisy and double standard on your part too. The argument you also are fixated on and spamming all the tithe threads with can also be said to be self righteous and legalistic. I said before and i repeat here again, tithing as a form of giving is not annulled.
The Spirit teaches you the spirit behind circumcision,you abandon circumcision but retain
Wait o..i am a male, who told you i am not circumcised There is the internal circumcision of the heart, How do you interprete that? The outward circumcision argument was that it wasn't a requirement for salvation.. Just like tithing is not a requirement for salvation. Your argument about circumcision is weak, if you had check those tithe threads you spammed, you would have seen it.

the spiritual aspect of the same. Same case as the Feasts,
I keep christmas, feast,easter feast and other festivals that are christian ones like love feast...no one is attacking my liberty in Christ concerning this except you mr vook because of tithe..na wa o.cheesy

but I find it decidedly convenient that you were taught the spirit behind OT tithes, you understood that BUT retained the physical tithing as well. Is this not inconsistent application of scriptures?
It is not inconsistent, you are the fellow seeing yam, rice, oil, corn and animals as a 10percent. All i see there is my heart givings which is the toil of my sweat since am no farmer, i based it on my time, income etc i give as a service to God. Paul saya we should present our bodies(time,energy,money) as sacrifice which is a reasonable service and a spiritual act of worship. I am just fufilling scripture here. Don't blame me.
Yes, yet you couldn't accuse Paul when he picked the levetical system of giving to say the Lord commanded preachers to be paid by the folks they minister to. So what part in that law is applicable if we are to follow your line of thinking?
Since, you can't help but resort to insults as typical with you. This is my last response to your post. Have a blessed day.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:

It is scriptures that gave conditions not pastors. Pls go through those scriptures to see whether conditions are there or not.

Why did you accept Christ, why worship the Almighty? is it because you are afraid of hell fire?

Why do you give? so you can be blessed or because you love God & neighbour?

If your status as a Christian is conditional, i would say you are only deceiving ya self.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2014
christemmbassey:
prophet Bidam, why are you like this?
Haba Pastor bassey! The abrahamic covenant is not annulled o. I thought we have gone thru this turf with u before. Read Gal 3:17.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by trustman: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
You are also quick to respond without understanding. The word sarcasm doesn't exist in your dico abi?
Is it compulsory for christians to give? Tithing is NOWHERE ANNULLED IN THE NT.

What you need to get clear which apparently you have not got is that giving comes in many forms. 
Unfortunately most of you today think of it ONLY in terms of money - cash. 
So, Bidam, giving IS NOT ONLY money. 
Giving of money is NOT compulsory for the Christian today. 

You must have seen me use the term 'DEFENSE MECHANISM' before now. Maybe I even used it referring to you. You sure have a way of running away from issues.
One way you do this is by being sneaky. It's a major defense mechanism you use all the time. 
 Maybe you are not really interested in TRUTHFULLY looking at issues. Maybe you're running away from yourself. 
For example, you claim you know; you even say the Holy Spirit "teaches me all things interpreting scriptures with scriptures. Unlike you i don't rely on strange websites". Yet when asked to give your position or answer to issues you make statements like 'Go and study yourself'. The next thing you may then do is fly a kite making issues go on in a merry-go-round. You may even then accuse people of being argumentative or just simply bring up any extraneous subject or issue. Perhaps you revel in trying to 'spin' others around in circles. 

Bidam,Do you really stand for and desire the truth?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2014
chysam:

Bidam and other advocators of tithing are grossly insincere beings in this case.They keep skipping two very vital questions that will settle this issue once and for all.infact this issue is debatable only to a fool.As Christians who must we emulate? Even a goat know the answer.Secondly did he pay or receive tithe?.If we go contrary to whatever is the answer then we are doing our own will and not his true follower.Were there people who truly emulated him? Did the join him in doing all that he did and refused to do?. I want a pro-tither to respond.
Does God require giving? If He doesn't require tithing according to you.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by vooks: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2014
B idam

This your strawmann argument don tire me.. What is your fixation on menses BTW? Are you female?SMH! An argument for silence.

I picked a random Law am sure you would never in a billion years apply to Christians as a reference point. Aks Moses whey he never spared us the 'gore'

Is it animal sacrifice that God was interested in to start with? You still have a long way to go in your bible study...another irrelevancy that in no way address my post.
God was interested with their hearts BUT they still offered animals. What has changed?

Who are those you scoff at? Do you know the significance of eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus( The Lamb).? What is the spiritual connotation behind what the isrealite did and what Jesus told his disciples to do before His depature?
\
What justification would you give for abandoning animal sacrifices such as freewill offerings? Do you find their meaning in CHrist? COngratulations, but you obtusely refuse to see the tithe significance in GIVING and not a rule! SMH

Yet Jesus commended the giving of their 10percent to the temple. It was the outward pious show of hypocrisy Jesus was against..like i said giving emanates from the heart.. If you find it offensive that christians called their 10prcnt givings as "tithes" don't blame them, no one is going to hell if he tithes or not.
As long as you are not repeatedly threatened with curses and Devourers of Finances, and you make up your mind when and where not to mention whether to give, we are cool. And don't gloat over others who don't

Yet the evangelicals you crucify are you any better? It smacks and reeks of hypocrisy and double standard on your part too. The argument you also are fixated on and spamming all the tithe threads with can also be said to be self righteous and legalistic. I said before and i repeat here again, tithing as a form of giving is not annulled.

And I can quote dozens of other OT practices that were NEVER annulled that you NEVER practice. Am drilling this down your head that NEVER-ANNULLED argument is WEAK and inconsistently applied by the tithing brigade to justify their fickle attempts at tithing while ignoring so much

Wait o..i am a male, who told you i am not circumcised There is the internal circumcision of the heart, How do you interprete that? The outward circumcision argument was that it wasn't a requirement for salvation.. Just like tithing is not a requirement for salvation. Your argument about circumcision is weak, if you had check those tithe threads you spammed, you would have seen it.
Circumcision as a command is not relevant for Christians. Those who did are no better than those who didn't. Now, replace circumcision with tithing.

I keep christmas, feast,easter feast and other festivals that are christian ones like love feast...no one is attacking my liberty in Christ concerning this except you mr vook because of tithe..na wa o.cheesy
Those are Pagan. try and keep Passover,Weeks and so forth and when you do, QUIT attacking the liberty of those who don't

It is not inconsistent, you are the fellow seeing yam, rice, oil, corn and animals as a 10percent. All i see there is my heart givings which is the toil of my sweat since am no farmer, i based it on my time, income etc i give as a service to God. Paul saya we should present our bodies(time,energy,money) as sacrifice which is a reasonable service and a spiritual act of worship. I am just fufilling scripture here. Don't blame me.
God never required nothing outside farm produce and that from Israel. This is tedious repeating. and not ALL were farmers

Yes, yet you couldn't accuse Paul when he picked the levetical system of giving to say the Lord commanded preachers to be paid by the folks they minister to. So what part in that law is applicable if we are to follow your line of thinking?
Paul used illustrations from Torah. Farmer, ox and the Levitical regime. Ministers MUST be supported but did you notice this is a RIGHT Paul withheld from invoking? So there is nothing magical in supporting ministers. If that was a ticket out of poverty, he would have recommended that to the poorest. He instead saw it as a BURDEN
Since, you can't help but resort to insults as typical with you. This is my last response to your post. Have a blessed day.

Cheers bro
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:
Haba Pastor bassey! The abrahamic covenant is not annulled o. I thought we have gone thru this turf with u before. Read Gal 3:17.
BIDAM, BIDAM ok o, i NO dey ready to go round circles with you, but think about dat Hebrews8, BTW, what happened to dat ur child dedication thread? I'M very intrested in it o. Bless u!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

What exactly is the pastor teaching that will require quote from Malachi 3:8-10? tell me.

Bidam:

Giving to the church, just as Paul quoted the mosaic law to the corinthians.

"Don’t you know that those who rob God in tithe & offerings are under a curse and that the floodgate of heaven is opened and blessings poured out to those who brings the whole tithe to the storehouse? In the same way, the Lord said that those who refuse to bring their tithe to the church that there might cash in the church account is cursed and those that cooperate and bring all their tithe & offerings without deduction shall be blessed by the Lord".

This is how you use Malachi to teach giving. Can think of any other teaching that will require reference to Malachi 3:8-10?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

Na wa oh sad Bidam try to read my posts na. This is not about what God promised either directly or via third parties like Paul.
Then what is it about! And which one con be third party kwa Paul was a spokesman of God to the gentiles, just like Malachi was a spokesman.

This is about the motivation of the giver.

It is a fallacy also on you part to say people should give without having an anticipation for a reward or return whichever way you put it because it goes against clear statements penned down by the one Paul wrote to the philipians and also the malachi scripture you are arguing about.
It is not about the condition laid down by Moses,
what condition?

it is about the spirit urging the Christian to give. Even if Paul motivated corinthians by quoting mosaic law, he did not teach that giving must be based on promised returns. Providing assurance that God will not forget you for your good works is not the same thing as saying give so that God blesses you in return.
Paul actually taught givings are based on promised returns. Read your philipians. Na wa for this mixtures o. Will God bless you here or hereafter? What spirit is urging christians to give?

Maybe you don't understand that God already blessed them even before they gave.
Yes God blessed them, but in what aspect are we talking about here. Pls provide a scripture.

You think the gift given to Paul was sourced from blessings received from satan?
So in other words the widow of zarephat who ministered to Elijah her last meal was also sourced from satan abi Why are you guys thinking this way sef?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2014
Bidam:

There are people who believe saturday is a day to worship God with scriptures to back their claims. Are we to condemn them on a day they set aside to worship God? Or is it stated anywhere in the bible that sunday is a day of worship?

My question was...."How do you teach voluntary tithing?".......I have no issue with your personal decision to tithe...all am asking is HOW DO YOU TEACH VOLUNTARY TITHING?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2014
vooks:

Paul used illustrations from Torah. Farmer, ox and the Levitical regime. Ministers MUST be supported but did you notice this is a RIGHT Paul withheld from invoking? So there is nothing magical in supporting ministers. If that was a ticket out of poverty, he would have recommended that to the poorest. He instead saw it as a BURDEN

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 25, 2014
1cor.13:9 says we have a measure of understanding, not full. To use the word fraud and the likes for tithers is 'no' because it was faithfully and honestly preached by the light received on it. Tithe has been of old and it was not money but harvests/items .lets remember the 11 tribes had inheritance of land except the 12th-levi whom the tithe brought by the rest belongs.they are put in a store(storehouse).of course, in reality the devourer/pests is an attack on their farmland,so they will have poor yeild,famine...those were serious problems then. Today,our giving is not tied to just tenth but everything,the whole of us.remember the woman who gave the whole penny she had,the young richman who wants to know what to still do to get to heaven etc. The xtian life today is faith and HOLY SPIRIT led.let me shock you,how is tithe elevated in churches today? do you know that Christ Himself said it was less important! matt.23:23...

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

I don't envy pastors with PJs.
Of cos you do. You are not Jesus who is immuned to lust.

That's all you need to reason. or you want to be put into a trance before you can reason?
i reason scriptures and believe what God says not sensual knowledge.

Even Paul stated that those with surplus should divert their surplus to meet the funding gap of those currently in need. Why continue to pour money into an account that is already overflowing with cash?
You keep confusing and conflating issues here. Some folks may feed off the tithes and offering of their members but to categorically make a generalised blanket statement that ALL church givings in the body of Christ WOLRDWIDE is done that way is WRONG!

Moreso, the same Paul told folks who are ever parasitical not to be lazy abi dat wan no dey ur bible again?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
but it sure is missed by the extortioner behind the pulpit

i don't know, i wonder how you know. What i know is that some tithe preaching and accepting churches have a lot of money and that hurts you despite your not giving them a dime. Your tithe is not missed in heaven or earth.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

Why did you accept Christ, why worship the Almighty? is it because you are afraid of hell fire?

Why do you give? so you can be blessed or because you love God & neighbour?

If your status as a Christian is conditional, i would say you are only deceiving ya self.
i mentioned givings that are done with the expectation of a reward . Or do you want me to quote those scriptures to you again..?na wa for this kind reasoning sha.

Bottom line: giving in the NT is reciprocal, it is never onesided to start with and that was why i quoted philipians 4:5 to you.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
TheShopKeeper:

Yes you're right Jews don't believe in Jesus, because they still held on to some of their laid down laws and tithing is not one of them.
They even paid their tithes during the time of Jesus, so Image123, what has not believing in Jesus got to do with tithing.

What has what Jews do got to do with what i do?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zikkyy:

How come you are not offering burnt offering? is burnt offering not biblical?

auntie me me me. Rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (43) (Reply)

Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.