Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? (1417 Views)

Is It Bad For A Lady Who Is About Graduating Not To Have A Boyfriend ? / I'm 18 Years Old Student And I've Sleep With Fourmen, Is It Bad PHOTOS / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by egift(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yesterday I lost a grant application. Sadly, everything was due and certain disbursement will be done that yesterday - I had hoped my life and business would have turned around completely for good and it was significant enough to attend to my immediate needs.

Where it pained me is that a woman who was both my contact person and one who was acting to be "helping me" was actually the only one in the board who took it upon herself to criticize my application and insist that even if I should be granted, it should be next year. Myself and others were just look looking in amazement. She even when to the extent to be saying "He is into ICT services", "How many people need a website", "How many people are using Internet", "How many people even have a computer", etc. All my efforts to present facts and clarify fell on deaf ear - she even use an Internet-enabled Computer on her desk.

The point of this thread is that since that yesterday, I have been doing all I can do suppress the pain, disappointment and move pass it. But if I subdue the terrible feelings will it cause me any mental or psychological breakdown? Is it wrong to suppress pains and heartbreaks? How best can I handle the feeling?

Kindly share your opinion. I just don't want to run mad now or in future. This will be one of my most steep heartbreak so far.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Am so sorry about what you are passing through. Sometimes life goes in wrong directions but who knows this might be a stepping stone to something better. As for the feelings of pain and disappointment,do not suppress it,if you feel hurt express it if you need to cry,cry..just let the pain go and look forward to something better..talk to someone who you know you can confide in..hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by egift(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thanks a lot.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Co-sign with Princess Asinya.

OP, I'm really sorry you were disappointed and the person you trusted to help you turned her back on you. Bottling things; excess worrying and stress are terrible for your health and well-being. Cry if you want to, find someone you can talk to about it, pray about it, write about it (I think you've taken a big step by sharing your experience here), exercise - it will elevate your mood, find a hobby you enjoy and do it, listen to uplifting music. The sadness won't go away immediately, but you can do things to manage it well and with time, you will be much more encouraged and won't dwell on what happened anymore. Things don't always work out the way we plan and people will disappoint you, but you can't let that get you down. Every disappointment is a blessing, they say. You gotta keep trekking.

Keep your head up.

2 Likes

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by didicold(f): 6:31am On Oct 12, 2013
Heya pele op, God go better one for u, since its not a big secret,talk to someone about, a friend or sometin who isnt connected wit d grant ppl @all, u dont want ur words to come back and bite u in d ass, just vent and talk to that friend ,pray about it too. I feel for u,life is like dat,but we just have to keep going. Once more unto the breach.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Don't suppress anything. Feel it, accept it, understand it and let go. This is what strong people do. We have different emotions for a reason. Pain is just weakness leaving your body. We all have to go through pain every now and then.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by sparko1(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2013
egift: Yesterday I lost a grant application. Sadly, everything was due and certain disbursement will be done that yesterday - I had hoped my life and business would have turned around completely for good and it was significant enough to attend to my immediate needs.

Where it pained me is that a woman who was both my contact person and one who was acting to be "helping me" was actually the only one in the board who took it upon herself to criticize my application and insist that even if I should be granted, it should be next year. Myself and others were just look looking in amazement. She even when to the extent to be saying "He is into ICT services", "How many people need a website", "How many people are using Internet", "How many people even have a computer", etc. All my efforts to present facts and clarify fell on deaf ear - she even use an Internet-enabled Computer on her desk.

The point of this thread is that since that yesterday, I have been doing all I can do suppress the pain, disappointment and move pass it. But if I subdue the terrible feelings will it cause me any mental or psychological breakdown? Is it wrong to suppress pains and heartbreaks? How best can I handle the feeling?

Kindly share your opinion. I just don't want to run mad now or in future. This will be one of my most steep heartbreak so far.
If you think there will not be disappointment, then you are in for a big shocker. Just in case of future application, think of the worst case scenario along with best. And finally trust no one expectially ladies.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
What kind of grant are you talking about?
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by iterator25: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
It's not an easy road bro. Just be strong. Better opportunities will come. You probably didn't get the grant because something bigger is on the way.

I understand how you feel. I lost something big recently. Not the first, not the second... All i do is sit in the rain or a bathtub, and tell myself that i'm bigger and more adequate than the opportunity missed, another will surely come.

Sometimes i just cry and sing: "I just can't give up now. I've come too far from where i started from...nobody told me the road will be easy and i don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me."

Believe me, a bigger and better one will come. Like Seffi Atta said, "EVERYTHING GOOD WILL COME"

1 Like

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Seun(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Go for counselling. Talking to someone about it will really help.

1 Like

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by egift(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks everyone for your great support. I am feeling a lot better now (I MAY have just succeeded in suppressing the whole thing - lol).

Am glad I have a community of good people I can always lean on. Best wishes to you all.
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by vcvibes(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
egift: Yesterday I lost a grant application. Sadly, everything was due and certain disbursement will be done that yesterday - I had hoped my life and business would have turned around completely for good and it was significant enough to attend to my immediate needs.

u can always buy a gun and there two things u can use the gun for
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
vcvibes: u can always buy a gun and there two things u can use the gun for
3 things actually
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by vcvibes(m): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
click2cbn: 3 things actually
wat is d third one??
Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
vcvibes: wat is d third one??
1. Shoot d Lady
2. Shoot himself
3. Shoot Lady then himself

1 Like

Re: Suppressing Depression And Disappointments: Is It Bad? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Double post

(1) (Reply)

9 Places Men Want To Be Touched / How Do I Break My Friend's Relationship? / 7 Ways To Trick Your Wife Into Having S*x Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.