Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (71990 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by holyvirgin: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
People die everyday either through land, sea or air. I dnt know why this is different or is it because it involves a man who while he was minister abi governor he never bothered about people's wellbeing?

May be the minister of transport should also resign for accidents that occur daily.
Useless tribalists
This was the same way nigerians never valued Barth Nnaji until he left then we felt his absence.

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by callmenow: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
There has been accusations from everyone, @femikayode to @NASSSenate that @stellaoduah is responsible. She is not responsible for the Pilots lack of critical judgement and fallibility. However, someone must take the overall blame. Some blame should also go to the minister if after the incident, she did not address the public about the incident in a cogent way. Nigerian Pilots must be ordered to go on a re-training courses. The actions deciphered so far suggest that the PILOT is under some influence ( such as intoxicant, lack of sleep, etc), which enabled him to exhibit lack of judgement. The indiscipline and corruption that is endemic in the wider population can also be a factor. Stella must admit to the nation that there is more work to be done human capital in the aviation sector. On a sadder note, hundreds of Nigerians perish daily on the road network. Most often on commuter services. Yet no outcry is visited on this. No other country will tolerate the carnage on Nigeria's road. This Christmas could see a record number die. Let us campaign for a safe Christmas for all on Nigeria roads

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Okijajuju1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There's a limit to what the minister and NCAA can do. The pilots, airline engineers,etc also have some responsibility. The minister or NCAA cannot accompany every aircraft to press the right buttons and take decisions for pilots. Assuming a pilot decides to commit suicide or ignores very important warnings, how is the minister or NCAA supposed to know or remedy the situation? That is why they call it is called SHARED RESPONSIBILITY. Everyone has his responsibility towards ensuring safety. The minister cannot take critical decisions for a qualified pilot and vice versa. Dont forget the mentality of "I can manage the situation" of the average Nigerian.

On one of the cases I posted on another thread, the NTSB discovered that the pilot actually dived the plane in a suicidal act.. It was an egyptian flight.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
idlaw2k3: We will manage it...... That was just what the pilot was thinking, after all the flight is less than 45mins. undecided

That is the attitude of Nigerians in general.

We can manage anything in this country,

rickety cars? no problem, we import them and manage it!,

unsafe boats we get on them and manage it,

even bad Governments officials who are supposed enforce laws meant to protect the public
we manage them.
After all it did not start today.
Exactly. I even used the exact words- "manage it" mentality in the post I made earlier before I read yours. I think every Nigerian working in the aviation sector must be de-Nigerianised of this "manage it" mentality. The slogan for every Nigerian working in the aviation sector should be, if its not hundred percent, then its not good to go.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Maybe na Boko haram agent o
Yakubu Abdurahman are muslim names. The bearer of the name could be Yoruba, Igbo, Ibibio, Itsekiri muslim. Not necessarily Hausa.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Rastamann: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=Tintinix]....And Stella Oduah should resign because of a blatant disregard for safety warnings!!!!!![/quote

Was she the pilot and how will she know that the pilot ignored the warnings?

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Okijajuju1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Maybe when more advanced fly-by-wire technology comes along, the Tower or a separate flight control base woukd be able to control a plane remotely.. Until then, so far the blame is on the pilots poor judgement call as it is with most accidents both air, land and sea..

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by pobosky20(m): 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Simple warning and d zombie pilot ignored!! Idiot.
*spits on d floor*
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by lastmessenger: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jensen_elizz: How the plane no go crash when na hausa man won fly am.....shey im thnk say na herd of cattle na im dey drive......mtchewwwwwww....i don provoke angry *tears cloth off and nearly use hammer nak my lumia* angry
so this is all you have got to say.please make another comment
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Arysexy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Okija_juju: Maybe when more advanced fly-by-wire technology comes along, the Tower or a separate flight control base woukd be able to control a plane remotely.. Until then, so far the blame is on the pilots poor judgement call as it is with most accidents both air, land and sea..

Pilotless plane? I no go enter dat one cha cha!
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
kaeyame: Was this pilot on a self suicide pact? How can someone ignore such a warning, knowing that there are no pit-stops in the air?

Me, I tire for some people o!

HE MUSTVE IMAGINED THERE WAS GOING TO B A PITSTOP
SOMWHERE IN THE CLOUDS
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
I suspect something fishy; until this is confirmed by a foreign body like our NCAA, I remain indifferent. This report may have been doctored to save the job of Stella Oduah and the rot in the aviation sector which is shrounded in the deceit peddled in airport renovation.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by GentleMimi: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

ehnnnn,but at least him english beta pass ya own.Make him manage dat one
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by millhouse: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
hmm
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Okija_juju: Maybe when more advanced fly-by-wire technology comes along, the Tower or a separate flight control base woukd be able to control a plane remotely.. Until then, so far the blame is on the pilots poor judgement call as it is with most accidents both air, land and sea..

Haha, who would want to enter a plane without a pilot? You know Boeing is currently exploring that option -the airplane will take off, land and taxi itself using several computers and other systems on board. I await to see in the next 10years what it will look like grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!
alas! someone with a brain
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by babadem2much(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
the captain is bokoharamic in nature. dis is my views since he refused the warning na suicidal tinz nau dazzall!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by dabrake(m): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
I wonder why people are surprised. For God damned sake, It was an aboki who piloted the plane. What else were you guys expecting??

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmmm. I have read most comments here... Lost of folks belive the report of the AIB, Based on

1 The analyses of the black box.

2 because history supports the report that most plane crashes are a result of pilots error.

But i have this to say;
1 we dont have an history of investing crashes and incidents in Nigeria and coming out with a report... Though i stand to be corrected.

2 we nigerians dont react fast too issues like this, i know nigerians well, the response was prompt and unlike nigeria,pls let us reason carefully here, is it that we have started to adopt new attitude to issues like dis or someone somewhere wants to score points. This was thesame crash that took them over 10hours to release the manifest of 20 people and i remember watching the journalist waiting for the manifest feeling fustrated.

I am just afraid, is it that we have changed or what, because we dont normally hear of the black box analysis of most previous crashes, but this one that is analysed in nigeria we are gathering reports barely a week after. Are we fast becoming efficient

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by 50calibre(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
The appalling state of Nigeria, reflects everywhere, even in aviation. Lots of ill trained pilots & junk aircrafts, patrolling Nigeria's airspace everyday, catastrophe(s) waiting to happen.

This is the level of unprofessionalism rife in Nigeria's aviation industry, blatantly ignoring warning signs, arguing with your fellow pilot, damn! This is enough to ground the operator, fine them heavily & order all their pilots back to training.

This time it was an argument, who knows what transpired on all other ill fated flights, maybe the pilots were sleeping or even drinking!

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by phil5(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Meeeeeennn ,hw person go jump inside death
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by curtain: 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR PASSENGERS TO KNOW THEIR PILOT BEFORE PLANES TAKES-OFF? Some crashes can be avoided by simply knowing where the pilot hails from.

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by busterr(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Blame stella oduah only if she's the die hard pilot who disregaded the warnings

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Greatken007(m): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
some times passengers also share in the blame,we mount pressures on pple too much,We hardly listen to pple who are in charge,probably if he had complained that the plane is nt certified safe pple would have raised dust,and they are nt ready to be purnished by any commisioner

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by mrlaw93(m): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
not only d plane needs to be examined before takeoff, also d pilots... i see him blaming himself.. pity soul. RIP
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by kraftykc(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!

BROS....you case bad gan.

But the truth is pilots are usually very cocksure and headstrong. The International aviation industry is actually now weary of pilots and our shenanigans. The highest percentage of air accidents are caused by human errors and the highest percentage of those can be blamed on pilots.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by waja(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tintinix: ....And Stella Oduah should resign because of a blatant disregard for safety warnings!!!!!!
. What role did she play here? Grow up dude.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by stantob(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God

Stella: Wow it is 30th of Sept, That my Spanish bobo is arriving later to night.

Charity: Ah you mean, you're inviting that little boy ?

Stella : You call him a little boy,

Charity : Ah, that boy is only 19 years.

Stella : That boy is making my day for me during this independence celebration.

Charity : Hmmm, that means, for one week, the bobo will be all over you ?

Stella : I need to refresh myself with fresh blood

Charity : Don't forget you're the Air Minister, you need to monitor events strictly during this holiday.

Stella : I can't believe you are saying this, for this our country, I'm in charge, who get mouth

Third of October Stella phone rings grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Stella sluggishly picks up the call,

Madam, the air craft conveying the body of the late Ondo state governor just crashed

Stella angrily drops the phones and shout: " what a stupid idiot, cutting short my enjoyment just to report about a crash, this boy must be stupid.

Stella contemplates: What do I tell this people now, what what what , okay

Stella in summary : CRASH IS AN ACT OF GOD. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by victorv12(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Most of our pilots needs a psychological test before boarding to fly a plane. How can a professional pilot ignore the warning message on board a flight! I wonder why Nigerians are always in a hurry to get to their destination. This gra-gra spirit in most of us, it's only education that can curb it, and our useless leaders are not ready to invest in it. Again, we need a lot of psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria...Many of our pilots are suffering from different psychological disorders. The ministry of health in conjunction with the avaition ministry needs to start working together before these crazy pilots mess up the avaition sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.