Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611736 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Amefrica: Nwanne! Thanks so much bro, for the wish. cheesy I hope you're faring good? It is well
I'm good man! Thanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hello house,

Quick question please! (Doing a Copy/Paste of a message I sent to the CIC enquiry email. Not certain if I'll get a response). So here is my question: DO YOU KNOW ANY1 WHO WAS OR IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THIS. (Please check the message below). Thank you! smiley

I've been accepted into a 2 year masters program at the University of Ottawa which is to start in January 2015. I'm aware that for a Canadian visa to be issued to me, a major requirement for my passport is that it should be valid for the duration of my study period.

However, my passport expires on the 31st of August, 2016 which is about 2 years and 2 months from now.

I intend on applying for a study visa this month, July 2014 and hopefully, travel to Canada in December 2014 so as to have ample time to prepare for studies, but I'm not certain on whether to apply now and risk a visa rejection for not fulfilling the passport requirement.

I've considered reapplying for a new passport nevertheless, but its quite difficult renewing a passport which has over 2 years validity left.

So house, what I think might happen is that when I get the visa by God's grace this year, and they collect my passport, they would issue the passport upto how much validity i have left and then expect me to renew when i get to canada. But i want to be certain that someone else has exprienced this before. If this doesnt happen, the only other possiblity is that the application might be rejected with the reason being that I dont have a passport valid for the whole study period (thats if such a reason exists, lol wink.) SO PLEASE HOUSE, HELP A BROTHER OUT WITH A RESPONSE!!

Thank you cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yes dear, you welcome hun
chichi89: Oh really? Nice! Thank you dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hello dear if you stay in Lagos you can proceed to asaju or children's practice at ikoyi for your medicals both of them are fast and efficient

@ bashorunbazok

[quote author=bashorunbazok][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
vinnygod:

Pls give details.......
Paid my tuition fee on the 30th of may with my Gtb naira master card (ATM card) I equally used it for my school application as well as my visa application, so basically it is secure and efficient. Transfer rate is also good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
ms.anon:
Please house, can i go for my biometrics if i don't get the biometrics request letter? I'm thinking of going to the VAC with my confirmation of submission, confirmation of online application and visa application receipt of payment. Will i be attended to? I applied online. Somebody please help abeg. Many people here applied through the online route and i presume would be able to shed some light on my situation. Please guys!
Have you checked your spam?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Don't mind them jor.everything is rush lol

I have no biz with u. Do ur own application @ a snail pace.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
vinnygod:

Pls bro did u ever read his write up bfore advicing him to redo his bio.its barely a week he did his biometics r. I rather advice him to chill until a week elapses before a second thought...

Bro, I only gave him my own opinion. If only u knw aw many applications r bn treated in July n August (peak time) u will knw he has to gt his biometric done asap again.

Without any glitch, biometric done shud reflect in the applicant cic acct within 24hrs.
It bn 5days already n its still nt showing biometric done. IF AM THE GUY, AM GOING BCK TO HAVE IT DONE. Shikena!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
jckeme: Hello house,

Quick question please! (Doing a Copy/Paste of a message I sent to the CIC enquiry email. Not certain if I'll get a response). So here is my question: DO YOU KNOW ANY1 WHO WAS OR IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THIS. (Please check the message below). Thank you! smiley

I've been accepted into a 2 year masters program at the University of Ottawa which is to start in January 2015. I'm aware that for a Canadian visa to be issued to me, a major requirement for my passport is that it should be valid for the duration of my study period.

However, my passport expires on the 31st of August, 2016 which is about 2 years and 2 months from now.

I intend on applying for a study visa this month, July 2014 and hopefully, travel to Canada in December 2014 so as to have ample time to prepare for studies, but I'm not certain on whether to apply now and risk a visa rejection for not fulfilling the passport requirement.

I've considered reapplying for a new passport nevertheless, but its quite difficult renewing a passport which has over 2 years validity left.

So house, what I think might happen is that when I get the visa by God's grace this year, and they collect my passport, they would issue the passport upto how much validity i have left and then expect me to renew when i get to canada. But i want to be certain that someone else has exprienced this before. If this doesnt happen, the only other possiblity is that the application might be rejected with the reason being that I dont have a passport valid for the whole study period (thats if such a reason exists, lol wink.) SO PLEASE HOUSE, HELP A BROTHER OUT WITH A RESPONSE!!

Thank you cheesy

U r good to go. Use ur passport like dat. If ur given visa, u can always renew it wen u gt to canada. Thank God ur school is in Ottawa so also the Nigerian high commission.
Getting ur visa elongation in canada is easy as all u will need to provide is ur course registration n tuition receipts.
No fret! Carry go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
halle2: Hi guys,

Good news!!!!!!!!!!! I have just been called for medicals
Congrats!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
chizzy01: my sister just gave birth to quadruplet. three boiz n a gal. plz help me and thank God
Wow! That's awesome news! Congrats to her and you the Aunty of four

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DutchessE: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
hello halle2,
sent you a mail kindly respond
thanks
halle2: thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ValerieXO: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Congratultions to every one who got notified for Medicals/Trv this week. Many more next week IJN. Slimdel love, where art thou?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
pyhz:

I have no biz with u. Do ur own application @ a snail pace.

Did I ask you for help Over sabi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Did I ask you for help Over sabi

I knw u, uv always lacked manners!
Since u dont wonna learn from other pples mistakes, u will learn from ur own mistakes soon!

Birds of the same feather flocks 2getha!
Lovelyruky n lovelydamsel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
pyhz:

I knw u, uv always lacked manners!
Since u dont wonna learn from other pples mistakes, u will learn from ur own mistakes soon!

Birds of the same feather flocks 2getha!
Lovelyruky n lovelydamsel.

I won't answer you because I have not insulted anyone if you want to pick up a fight go somewhere else.just because me and my friend share the same handle you want to fight with me.check yourself.i was only joking if you don't understand lol then mind your business.I did not ask anyone for help in the first place.you sound like someone that wants a fight I really sorry for you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hi. Try finding out from the school if they'll accept a debit card transaction for your fees payment. If they will, then a Gt bank naira mastercard (from my own experience) or any good debit card from a solid bank will make your life very easy.

vinnygod: @ all the gurus in da huz....for those of you who had paid their tuition fee and accomodation fee from naija to their respective canadian school pls your opinion is needed.how did you carry out the transaction, was it via current acct or via domicillary acct. Was in the first bank this morning for bank(naija) to bank(canny) transfer via my current acct but was told this method isn't realistic accept via dom acct.though was told by school I can pay in local currency while the deduction will be made in canadian dollar.
Your contribution is highly needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
mPop:

did u finish from unaab?
Did you also finish from UNAAB. what course and set. I'm a proud UNAABITE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
@chichi89, big congrats. One step in front of the other! God is at work.

@Frosti, sorry about the denial bro. In actual fact it's only a delay. Weigh your heart, and if you can still find the spark for your dream, then by all means deliberately repackage, and refire.

Happy weekend everyone. More Super news next week in Jesus' name.

And the believers said...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
UzoTheZone: @chichi89, big congrats. One step in front of the other! God is at work.

@Frosti, sorry about the denial bro. In actual fact it's only a delay. Weigh your heart, and if you can still find the spark for your dream, then by all means deliberately repackage, and refire.

Happy weekend everyone. More Super news next week in Jesus' name.

And the believers said...
thanks. God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Frosti: Got denied/delayed. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: 1. Your travel history. 2. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. 3. Purpose of visit. 4. Your personal assets and financial status. I am tired. Applied 30/05/14

Are you going for graduate or undergraduate, who is your sponsor and how old are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mtxatx: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
chidexhenry: helo gurus in the ous! want to appreciate everyone for the wonderful impact.My friend introduced me to this trend,he told me all my questions will be answered SHAPALY! pls frds I just wrote my GRE I had 286. I want to apply to schools in Canada for my MS in telecom and networking.Buh my problem is dat I dont kn any sch in Canada. don't even kn hw to go abt it. pls I seriously nid help. MKE UNA PLS HELP ME.

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrNeoCortex(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Dear all,

Is there anyone here going to Uvic or BC this summer? If you're here please holla. You can send a DM. Thank you.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjbonafide(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
halle2:

Pls note that pension account is a retirement savings account that cannot be accessed by d owner except he attains d pensionable age of 50 or is sacked. So it is not a proof of available funds.if d pension account is urs it can only serve a home tie. My humble advice is to beef up d account with 3.5million

Should I move the entire 12m at once or intermittently?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
pyhz:

Bro, I only gave him my own opinion. If only u knw aw many applications r bn treated in July n August (peak time) u will knw he has to gt his biometric done asap again.

Without any glitch, biometric done shud reflect in the applicant cic acct within 24hrs.
It bn 5days already n its still nt showing biometric done. IF AM THE GUY, AM GOING BCK TO HAVE IT DONE. Shikena!!!

Well, have forgetten how many dayz it took mine to reflect in my cic acct..though I'm aware it doesn't take time to reflect to one's acct.. nevertheless, if you re speaking from experience I'd still suggest he holds on 4 a week b4 going back to vfs..a week isn't long to chill
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
halle2: Hi guys,

Good news!!!!!!!!!!! I have just been called for medicals

Congrats dear #TeamMUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
Honeypie I'm here kiss kiss was busy earlier

ValerieXO: Congratultions to every one who got notified for Medicals/Trv this week. Many more next week IJN. Slimdel love, where art thou?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidimma1: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
my dad cannot find his original employment letter but has the photocopy, i used it in the previous application, could it be the reason why they doubted the authenticity of my docs, that was part of there reason.
pyhz:

Purpose of visit :Ur sop must b convincing as to y u going for the course u picked!

Also include ur dad employment letter n payslips if hes working or his business registration documents n business transaction receipts if he owns his business.
Sworn affidavit from ur sponsor(dad).

Upload all ur parents(both ur mum n dad) documents that u think will help ur application, dnt think because ur dad is ur sponsor u dnt need ur mom's documents.
Ths r important!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidimma1: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
hello house i think refusal rate is more online than paper application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by halle2: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
rawlizo:

Congrats dear #TeamMUN
thanks...yea team MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
chidimma1: my dad cannot find his original employment letter but has the photocopy, i used it in the previous application, could it be the reason why they doubted the authenticity of my docs, that was part of there reason.

Have the photocopy notarised!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.