Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:
Callmebabe love your response die..that is why some people are silent followers on here because when you ask questions that are not clear to you some people tends to use that advantage to insult you...

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. - Elbert Hubbard

I like criticism. It makes you strong. -LeBron James
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
eghost247: Hello house i20 says this school requires English proficiency student is not yet proficient English instructions will be given at school and on the school website it says its only required from students from countries where English not an official educational language so my question is if the VO asks why i did not write TOEFL do i tell him its because its not required from countries where English is not an official educational language or tell him English instructions will be given at the school?

You could just say it was waived — you should also take evidence with you just in case.

*By evidence, I mean a letter showing you have been exempted from the exam or a printout of your school's requirement for admission where what you have stated above is clearly shown.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Thanks a lot, bro. It means a lot. More blessings cheesy

Bro can I send you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:

Bro can I send you a PM

Sure, why not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. - Elbert Hubbard

I like criticism. It makes you strong. -LeBron James

@ juntod mouth sealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Sure, why not?

Bro I need to ask cus there was a time I had to beg a fellow Nairalander here to read my PM and could you believe she told me to state my problem here..I felt so bad because that would be the first time I would seek for help from an opposite sex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:

@ juntod mouth sealed

LOL.. Very wise decision you've made. We should always expect criticism. It makes us stronger. I am sure someone is seriously searching for schools by herself now and that will definitely give her more confidence about her choice of school while defending herself before the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:

Bro I need to ask cus there was a time I had to beg a fellow Nairalander here to read my PM and could you believe she told me to state my problem here..I felt so bad because that would be the first time I would seek for help from an opposite sex

That's alright. I've seen and replied your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

By being one sided without hearing from the other party? Keep reading. Don't stop.
lmao cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

LOL.. Very wise decision you've made. We should always expect criticism. It makes us stronger. I am sure someone is seriously searching for schools by herself now and that will definitely give her more confidence about her choice of school while defending herself before the VO.

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't put her tru..have seen a lot of people been refered to some sites like usnews, gradschool.e.t.c I think that is a better idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
...and the drama goes on undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
eghost247: Hello house i20 says this school requires English proficiency student is not yet proficient English instructions will be given at school and on the school website it says its only required from students from countries where English not an official educational language so my question is if the VO asks why i did not write TOEFL do i tell him its because its not required from countries where English is not an official educational language or tell him English instructions will be given at the school?
i didnt take TOEFL but on my i20 it states i needed english even when they know am from nigeria. well some school waive it, i guess you going for UG , maybe when the school checked your waec result and noticed you didnt have a good grade, maybe a C, so they decided you will take esl test when you arrive. just explain to the VO, say the truth. you can print a copy of the page on the website that says student from english speaking countries are exempted from taking toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
coobboy,

How is your application going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't put her tru..have seen a lot of people been refered to some sites like usnews, gradschool.e.t.c I think that is a better idea
cutelekush, go back and read the posts well ok. we referred here to all the sites and she still insisted she wants people to search for schools for her and i gave her my own blunt advice and she didnt like it. anyone is free to search for her if they gat the time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
cutelekush01:

Yeah. Someone gave her those sites already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2: Where there are large groups of people with clashing personalities, there will always be a conflict of interest and opinion — Socrates: Defining concept of society. (Political science, baby! Gotta be smart for my profession — Amefrica, come here!)

I have learnt over my very long time on here, there will ALWAYS be drama on this thread — We should try to be mature on here.

My nigga! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:

My nigga! cheesy

How far nau! You don collect am?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeezahbee: cutelekush, go back and read the posts well ok. we referred here to all the sites and she still insisted she wants people to search for schools for her and i gave her my own blunt advice and she didnt like it. anyone is free to search for her if they gat the time

Oh I see...#fact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Yeah. Someone gave her those sites already.
Ok bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

That's alright. I've seen and replied your mail.

I replied yours too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Callmebabe(f): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
Being polite is a moral virtue. If you want to criticize or advice someone, their are sensible ways to do it, not lashing out at people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

How far nau! You don collect am?

I dey close to the emb. I dey wait the 'pick-up' message.

I'm calmed - I no resemble u, wey been dey piss 4 body cuz u nor receive am quick grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jamoyakz: 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hello peeps I have being an ardent follower of this thread and I have never seen the need to comment on it!!! 1st and foremost I have to thank those who started the trend for giving people insight on how to get F1 Visas with less stress.. My main motive of posting these is to say that I'm totally disappointed in the comments of some of the followers 1.) Zeezahbee please you talk too much and act like you know everything, we are all here to learn not because you have entered yankee you will be acting saucy to everyone mind you, you never really see life and try to be a lil polite coz you are not feeding anyone here and also stop being sentimental 2.) Teddy I feel what you are saying but in life not all will show gratitude for ones favour to them an please there was no need for all that long speech coz things are suppose to be keep secret 3.) Idazbawz brother no need for all this bad blood cause we live in a small world, I have being liking your personality previously but guess your immaturity take the better part of you(not insulting you) but please learn how not to answer everyone coz if you had schooled in UNIBEN if for don over you an Zeezahbee 4.) Amerinancy try an settle stuff even if you know one side is wrong... No gain in taking side 5.) Calimebabe please try and stop using foul language on this thread cause it don't speak well of you..
May God bless us all an help us in our hustle!!!!!!!! I greet the house an Ramadan Kareem to my muslim brothers and sisters!!!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Callmebabe(f): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
I didnt insist that people should search for me, it seems you have a big problem comprehending. And after giving your lousy advice why would you try to discourage people from helping? Atleast i have seen two to three people that are willing to help, why do you have a problem with that? Dont try and play the innocent with your lies. angry whatever your name is...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
jamoyakz: Hello peeps I have being an ardent follower of this thread and I have never seen the need to comment on it!!! 1st and foremost I have to thank those who started the trend for giving people insight on how to get F1 Visas with less stress.. My main motive of posting these is to say that I'm totally disappointed in the comments of some of the followers 1.) Zeezahbee please you talk too much and act like you know everything, we are all here to learn not because you have entered yankee you will be acting saucy to everyone mind you, you never really see life and try to be a lil polite coz you are not feeding anyone here and also stop being sentimental 2.) Teddy I feel what you are saying but in life not all will show gratitude for ones favour to them an please there was no need for all that long speech coz things are suppose to be keep secret 3.) Idazbawz brother no need for all this bad blood cause we live in a small world, I have being liking your personality previously but guess your immaturity take the better part of you(not insulting you) but please learn how not to answer everyone coz if you had schooled in UNIBEN if for don over you an Zeezahbee 4.) Amerinancy try an settle stuff even if you know one side is wrong... No gain in taking side 5.) Calimebabe please try and stop using foul language on this thread cause it don't speak well of you..
May God bless us all an help us in our hustle!!!!!!!! I greet the house an Ramadan Kareem to my muslim brothers and sisters!!!

#Ramadan Kareem....Good words and I think it might be helpful in one or two ways#Run Run Run
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by eghost247(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thanks am actually going for masters and i have B3 in English did the VO ask you why you didn't take TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:

I dey close to the emb. I dey wait the 'pick-up' message.

I'm calmed - I no resemble u, wey been dey piss 4 body cuz u nor receive am quick grin

Your money never finish on transit before that's why. Shiet mehn! Those 4days were the longest of my life. Lol.

All these things no fit phase me for the shekpe wey you promise me though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by eghost247(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeezahbee: i didnt take TOEFL but on my i20 it states i needed english even when they know am from nigeria. well some school waive it, i guess you going for UG , maybe when the school checked your waec result and noticed you didnt have a good grade, maybe a C, so they decided you will take esl test when you arrive. just explain to the VO, say the truth. you can print a copy of the page on the website that says student from english speaking countries are exempted from taking toefl

Thanks am actually going for masters and i have B3 in English did the VO ask you why you didn't take TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
Callmebabe: I didnt insist that people should search for me, it seems you have a big problem comprehending. And after giving your lousy advice why would you try to discourage people from helping? Atleast i have seen two to three people that are willing to help, why do you have a problem with that? Dont try and play the innocent with your lies. angry whatever your name is...

Look, you have been told to let things slide. Be mature.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good day gurus, I am new to this trend please is the South dakota state university a red flag? I intend going for an Msc in Mechanical Engineering this spring 2015. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
eghost247:

TOEFL is not much of a big deal if you are able to convince the VO that you have a good command of English language. What Nigerians should really worry about is SAT/GRE/GMAT.. That doesn't mean you should not take the TOEFL is your school requires it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
bartino: Good day gurus, I am new to this trend please is the South dakota state university a red flag? I intend going for an Msc in Mechanical Engineering this spring 2015. Thanks

It's a great school. You're good to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.