Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454776 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:55am On Aug 01, 2014
pls I need somebody 2 help pay 4 connection flyt 4rm jfk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
DanjaNinja:

Thanks bro. I believe there's love in sharing. Couldn't keep all that info 2 myself. I wish someone had told me all that before i took the exams. smiley smiley smiley
i cudnt agree with u more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls my boss,which dates are available for interview,i wish to reapply ASAP and sincerely am ready,i was denied yesterday.and i was told to reapply.i think all faults was from me.i was of point.i nver xpected such questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
thibcyrain: Pls my boss,which dates are available for interview,i wish to reapply ASAP and sincerely am ready,i was denied yesterday.and i was told to reapply.i think all faults was from me.i was of point.i nver xpected such questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
thibcyrain: Pls my boss,which dates are available for interview,i wish to reapply ASAP and sincerely am ready,i was denied yesterday.and i was told to reapply.i think all faults was from me.i was of point.i nver xpected such questions
post ur transcript bro..let the big men here see to your mistakes.

Sorry,once again for your denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Theflint1:

Thanks a lot, bro. I'll check it out.

Edited: I just found out the exam isn't held in Nigeria — The closest place one can take the ACT test is in Ghana.

Does anyone know where I can download ACT study materials?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2014

Am sorry for your denial bro,
Pls post your interview transcript first before reapplying so the gurus can correct you before rushing to book another appointment.
I just checked for you the next available date for Lagos embassy is on the 16th august.
Goodluck Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

Pele!
My own is worse.

how u take book ur connection 4rm NY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2014

Sorry about your refusal...
Post your transcripts so we all can help.
Don't be in a hurry to go back. Let's review everything.

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
streetMic:

how u take book ur connection 4rm NY?

I ain't going through JFK bro!
My flight ends in my state...Gonna take a 3.5 hour taxi ride to final destination...my wait times between connecting flight is what my folks are on about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
Graviton2:

Thanks a lot, bro. I'll check it out.

Edited: I just found out the exam isn't held in Nigeria — The closest place one can take the ACT test is in Ghana.

Does anyone know where I can download ACT study materials?
use Google, find out d major books on it and see if u can download the books free, used same process for my SAT study materials and I have a ton of 'em currently... have u tried calling d schools to see if they wud accept SAT? or u got another reason for preferring ACT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Theflint1: use Google, find out d major books on it and see if u can download the books free, used same process for my SAT study materials and I have a ton of 'em currently... have u tried calling d schools to see if they wud accept SAT? or u got another reason for preferring ACT?

Yeah, bro. ACT is particularly known to have a fairer scoring scheme than the SAT — I want to score the best possible score. I'm applying for a full ride.

Just sent you a PM, let's brainstorm!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Graviton2:

Yeah, bro. ACT is particularly known to have a fairer scoring scheme than the SAT — I want to score the best possible score. I'm applying for a full ride.

Just sent you a PM, let's brainstorm!
replied bro...aiming full ride too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Theflint1: replied bro...aiming full ride too.

The more reason we should help each other out. Let me check my mail cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
bbdd:

Oh ok.
It is.

The recommendation thing though. Im doing 7 schools. Now tell me about that stress.

One thing is this and I've told myself over and over.
I don't care if the lecturer can't press a keyboard.

Im getting my recommendation.
Simple and short.

Get like 5 lecturers and disperse it among them
They hardly say no to these things.
So if you have like 5 you can just share if among them so they don't feel like you're disturbing them or something.

Just to give my two cents...you can apply to as many schools as you like and get the number of LORs u want. It depends on how you go about it. It is important to note that inasmuch as it's desirable to get LORs from top professors, these folks are not readily accessible especially in our schools. So it's wise to choose ur cohort of referees bearing in mind who will turn in the letter in time to meet the deadline and who would say great things about you and then their designation. Sit down and make a list of potential referees and see who would do the job best. From experience I know Nigerians whom you ask for LORs especially the academic folk can virtually stall ur application. If ur program accepts professional and academic LORs then take advantage. The professional folk will most likely turn up promptly. In all the personality of the referee and ur previous relationship with them matters. Permit me to say that I had a huge issue getting references for just four schools for fall 2013 admission and ended up not getting admitted because the LORs came in later than the deadline amongst other problems. This yr I applied to ten schools and I didn't not sweat at all to get the rec letters. Start early to talk to potential referees and keep reminding them. Be proactive. Some may ask u to write what u want and send to them to sign and turn in for u. It all depends. My two cents...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ashigolo: it depends on the school but most schools accept online recommendation. They automatically send a 'request for recomendation' email to your referee once u fill in his/her details in your application. I could remember during my application, 2 of my recomenders (drs) would ask me to bring my system with my modem to their offices (claimed they were busy) so they could just send the letter (I would even composed and filled myself while they jst vet) and a prof even trusted me with his email and password that I logged in into his account to send a recomendation whenever I needed one..lol. It all depends on your relationship with them.

Exactly!!! I had the log in details of about two of my referees and with their permission I could respond to the requests for LORs once I got them. It's indeed abt your relationship with the referee in time past
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
painful,but I think I accept my faults.
vo-u are 20
me-no sir i am 22
vo-good
vo-so what have u been doing for 5 years now
me-in 2010,i took traning in electrical simulation software and object orientated programming,i finished 2012 AND IMPROVED my soldering skills to prepare for d electrical world
i stated sat class in 2012
vo-good,can i see ur SaT results
me-sure sir,
vo-u have missed over 9 pages
me-that is d summary,u can please confirm
vo-i dont have acces to that *keeps typing for like 2mins
vo-so why so*i didnt hear
me-i have a very curious*cuts in
vo-that not what I asked
me-pls repeat ur self
vo-why are u choosing sdsu and not MIT,conel,Harvard,texas
me-IEEE,is d largest professional bodi for electrical engineers,they rank sdsu with this schools*cuts in
vo-am sure u did not memorise that on d school web
me-no
vo-so u saying if I check I won't find it
me-yes air
vo-so what else
me(I shud have said low tution and killed it)me-dey allow undergraduate research while I no this other schools allow at graduate level.
vo-ok,so which other school did u choose
me-claflin universityvo* cuts in
vo-that is a small school,and u going for a demanding course
vo-so which order 1
me-howard university and clever land state
vo-u shud b going to Harvard,texas,mit and not small schools
vo-keeps typing
vo-starts blinking eyes like a frog
vo-so u paying
me-smiles,my uncle
vo-what does he do
me-he own a civil engineering firm that installs boreholes for lagos state government
vo-so why shud he sponsor u and not or dad
me my dad is late and he as been in charge of my edu ever since I was in primary school
vo.so his going to sponsor u and u not going to offer him noting,xpecially now that u not going into his field
me-i have promised him I will start up an electrical department with his firm to expand himhim
vo-smiles*shey I b mumu abi
vo-does he have a visa*starts blinking eyes like a gay again
me-no
vo-starts typing
vo-whr does he live
me-he stays here on d island
vo-ok
vo-types for like 5 mins
me-already feeling fly say I have it
vo-keeps typing
vo-i will give u or passport back u not qualified
me-(*in my mind)she u dey wine me no.stop am
vo-gives me passport and looks to his computer like a mugumugu
me-works out like a boss.

pls gurus hep,I dont no if I shud reapply or just continue with my bsc am currently in my third year studying electrical engineering
oyinbo come dey use me wash
hep me gurus to decide sha.confused tho

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
thibcyrain: painful,but I think I accept my faults.
vo-u are 20
me-no sir i am 22
vo-good
vo-so what have u been doing for 5 years now
me-in 2010,i took traning in electrical simulation software and object orientated programming,i finished 2012 AND IMPROVED my soldering skills to prepare for d electrical world
i stated sat class in 2012
vo-good,can i see ur SaT results
me-sure sir,
vo-u have missed over 9 pages
me-that is d summary,u can please confirm
vo-i dont have acces to that *keeps typing for like 2mins
vo-so why so*i didnt hear
me-i have a very curious*cuts in
vo-that not what I asked
me-pls repeat ur self
vo-why are u choosing sdsu and not MIT,conel,Harvard,texas
me-IEEE,is d largest professional bodi for electrical engineers,they rank sdsu with this schools*cuts in
vo-am sure u did not memorise that on d school web
me-no
vo-so u saying if I check I won't find it
me-yes air
vo-so what else
me(I shud have said low tution and killed it)me-dey allow undergraduate research while I no this other schools allow at graduate level.
vo-ok,so which other school did u choose
me-claflin universityvo* cuts in
vo-that is a small school,and u going for a demanding course
vo-so which order 1
me-howard university and clever land state
vo-u shud b going to Harvard,texas,mit and not small schools
vo-keeps typing
vo-starts blinking eyes like a frog
vo-so u paying
me-smiles,my uncle
vo-what does he do
me-he own a civil engineering firm that installs boreholes for lagos state government
vo-so why shud he sponsor u and not or dad
me my dad is late and he as been in charge of my edu ever since I was in primary school
vo.so his going to sponsor u and u not going to offer him noting,xpecially now that u not going into his field
me-i have promised him I will start up an electrical department with his firm to expand himhim
vo-smiles*shey I b mumu abi
vo-does he have a visa*starts blinking eyes like a gay again
me-no
vo-starts typing
vo-whr does he live
me-he stays here on d island
vo-ok
vo-types for like 5 mins
me-already feeling fly say I have it
vo-keeps typing
vo-i will give u or passport back u not qualified
me-(*in my mind)she u dey wine me no.stop am
vo-gives me passport and looks to his computer like a mugumugu
me-works out like a boss.

pls gurus hep,I dont no if I shud reapply or just continue with my bsc am currently in my third year studying electrical engineering
oyinbo come dey use me wash
hep me gurus to decide sha.confused tho

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Blings eye like a frog,blinks eye like a gay..

Those statements on your transcript made me laugh out loud bro..

Which visa officer interview u?Which cubicle?

Your interview was okay,but u were not composed..
Me,i do like say i no send the visa yesterday,my left elbow on the window slab,i was then waving my right hand while explaining with my starched designer shirt.

Apply again bro,print the main college board test page and don't skip pages..Hope u did not state on your ds160 that your're still in school in Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi gurus in the house,

I have a valid b1/b2 visa (Including my wife and 1 year old son) and I have been to the US once. Now I intend to go there for my MSC (Spring 2015). I have my admission letter but awaiting my I-20. My questions are:

1. Should I apply for the F1 visa with my family or I should go 1st then my wife and son go at a later date? (The reason I asked this question is that, wont the VO be suspicious that we are immigrating?)

2. God forbid that the F1 is refused, will my b1/b2 still be valid?

3. What are the likely questions considering the fact that I traveled to the US in April 2014 with my family?

4. I didnt take the GRE test before I was given my admission. Is that a problem?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hello houz. Pls how long does it takes embassy to reply an emergency request
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
PedigreeCity: Hello houz. Pls how long does it takes embassy to reply an emergency request

Maximum, 2days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by azeezbaba(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
davidgunther:

You're good to go BUT prayers, prayers, and prayers. Put it in his hands.

I am in similar situation as davidgunther, although self sponsored
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
How do I request for emergency appointments?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
PedigreeCity: How do I request for emergency appointments?

Log on to ustraveldocs.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by timodam4real: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Amen
domex007: AUGUST 2014.
I release this word of prophesy on this trend to those going for visa interview:
May the Lord send His angels to make our path smooth, amen
May He grant us safety and preserve us from any accident.
May He show us Mercy as he show David in Ps51.
May He lead us from every denying VO.
May He protect us from our enemies and bad wishes with the prayers of ps 91.
May He cover the Embassy with the Blood of His son Jesus..
May He give us testimonies now and forever more, AmEN, AMEN, AMEN..
Happy new month and goodluck..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: Blings eye like a frog,blinks eye like a gay..

Those statements on your transcript made me laugh out loud bro..

Which visa officer interview u?Which cubicle?

Your interview was okay,but u were not composed..
Me,i do like say i no send the visa yesterday,my left elbow on the window slab,i was then waving my right hand while explaining with my starched designer shirt.

Apply again bro,print the main college board test page and don't skip pages..Hope u did not state on your ds160 that your're still in school in Nigeria?
yeah d chuuby guy,looks fresh.
I wont b stupid to tell dem am in a Nigeria school.i was on a green native,i think i was easily noticed.i have a natural frowning face

pls do u no d next available date and do u think i will b granted emergency appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
pls the gurus in the house my gre account have been locked pls what can i do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: post ur transcript bro..let the big men here see to your mistakes.

Sorry,once again for your denial

i have donr that already,but d men are saying notin to it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
went to Emirates head office at lekki to book a flight.... my flight is gon' takeoff 28th Aug. and touchdown JFK NY on 29th.. anyone travelling this time?? I'm really looking for a travel partner
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
PedigreeCity: How do I request for emergency appointments?
choose the earliest available date and submit... after submitting, just by the left of your profile, you'll see where you can click emergency request .... click it, and be ready to upload your i20 and SEVIS confirmation.. also be ready to explain the matter of urgency...

goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
azeezbaba:

I am in similar situation as davidgunther, although self sponsored
namesake... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.