Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
li2pac1717: may be he's referring to the full summary of the score. You can print it on your collegeboard account.
shld i dwnld dt or beta stil go wit the single one am having dt was wht sat posted to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: this days everybody wants to be in the arts or sciences in a college.

Bro,nobody wants to be a pilot again..cos of the number of big birds either dropping from the skies or just getting lost to God knows where.

That's a lie and you know it.
Plane dropping/disappearing hasn't stopped people from flying anymore than it has stopping people from becoming a pilot.

We all know the real reason why young people don't wana be a Pilot.

College ain't fun mehn... A lot of students are just forced to go through that route.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: hit on them and u will thank me later. men love food. na so one ask me, are you related to DMX, i said yeah, whats up, any problem? cheesy the man sitting beside me was just laughing.... grin omo see food everywhere. she was giving me food as if tomorrow no dey. cheesy
Ur journey to America begins once u r on the plane. So take note of this. But don't lie if ur speaking does not sound cool.

Lmfao!
Roger That bro!
Tell me you got her number.

...and here you were saying I wanted to spoil you. Bro, you stink!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
iluvmybishop: Pls I nid someone to clarify dis issue of using printed copy of standardized test results for interview instead of d original score card which most of d time has not bin sent b4 d interview.
knowin fully well DAT u one cud be denied visa using d print out.
becos I tot d Vos were suppose to verify d result online...........pls I nid ur advice ppl.

Please I need advice on this as well.
I do not have my TOEFL score card yet . Can i go with printed copy from the Internet ?
Also I received a new I20 but I have a new sevis Number so i emailed the school and they said they have cancelled the first sevis number since i did not register with it (cos i was denied Visa January so i deferred till Fall now ) but the school said i can go to the embassy with the new I20 but the former service fee receipt which has the formal sevis number as its valid for a year. please shed more light for me. thanks.

am hitting the embassy soon .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

That's a lie and you know it.
Plane dropping/disappearing hasn't stopped people from flying anymore than it has stopping people from becoming a pilot.

We all know the real reason why young people don't wana be a Pilot.

College ain't fun mehn... A lot of students are just forced to go through that route.
not everybody wants to tow the path of being a pilot bro,same way not everybody wants to be a medical doctor.

I appreciate you bro,make Nigeria proud in your choosen profession
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
steve4ever: shld i dwnld dt or beta stil go wit the single one am having dt was wht sat posted to me
download it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
laura2014:

Please I need advice on this as well.
I do not have my TOEFL score card yet . Can i go with printed copy from the Internet ?
Also I received a new I20 but I have a new sevis Number so i emailed the school and they said they have cancelled the first sevis number since i did not register with it (cos i was denied Visa January so i deferred till Fall now ) but the school said i can go to the embassy with the new I20 but the former service fee receipt which has the formal sevis number as its valid for a year. please shed more light for me. thanks.

am hitting the embassy soon .
No more light to shed anymore. Yes, SEVIS is valid for one year. So, there's nothing to worry about, unless you want to be a Santa Claus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: not everybody wants to tow the path of being a pilot bro,same way not everybody wants to be a medical doctor.

I appreciate you bro,make Nigeria proud in your choosen profession

Make Nigeria what?
...I'm doing this for me! Luckily they get to share in the glory.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: No more light to shed anymore. Yes, SEVIS is valid for one year. So, there's nothing to worry about, unless you want to be a Santa Claus.

thanks for your help i appreciate.
so you mean am good to go . I have the new I20 and sevis fee receipt with different sevis number but from same school cos i defer ed my admission so the new i20 came with a different sevis number.

also please answer the second question. can i go with printed toefl online result as i do not have the paper score card yet .

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2014
laura2014:

thanks for your help i appreciate.
so you mean am good to go . I have the new I20 and sevis fee receipt with different sevis number but from same school cos i defer ed my admission so the new i20 came with a different sevis number.

also please answer the second question. can i go with printed toefl online result as i do not have the paper score card yet .

thanks
firstly, inform your school about the change of SEVIS no, it might be an error... the SEVIS no is not suppose to change... if ur schools tells u to move on, send an email to SEVIS notifying dem of transfer of payment from one SEVIS no to another... be sure to include the two SEVIS no.

About TOEFL, of cos u can use your print out... be sure to remember your login details...

Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 1:26am On Aug 02, 2014
Hello houz. Pls just want to have a good idea of how to confirm my sevis payment in order for me to upload it. Thanks!.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sammykm2030: 2:33am On Aug 02, 2014
This is a wonderful thread . I read some post and comments about going to community college in US; that it is a red flag . So going through university will be the best bet I think? My other questions are, do Embassy discriminates about age when it comes to granting visa to an undergraduate student after getting the admission and (I-20) from a university in US. Will TOEFL be enough with someone that has completed 100L studies here? Is SAT compulsory even if your school is not asking for it? Other questions will depend on the answers to these above questions. Thanks and May God bless you richly. Happy new month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sidraah11: 2:47am On Aug 02, 2014
ase65:

cool Thanks I already mailed the school waiting for their response tho. So u mean once I get an extension letter, I'm good to go.
[color=#000099][/color]

Please I need to send you and email,I don't knw how to use this site,my little sis wants UCO for her graduate studies ( does she have to pay any deposite of 8k)

Thanks ase65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 3:08am On Aug 02, 2014
Its crazy mehn. but worth it after all. Thanks Boss, where are you?
Stewee:

Pele!
My own is worse.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 3:13am On Aug 02, 2014
My Ibo Chief. grin How are you sir? Great pleasure meeting and traveling with you sir eventhough u left with my pen. I actually saw you at the POE queue at JFK but then you later disappeared. Hope you were able to board your connecting flight early enough? Hope to see you again soon mahn. Stay Blessed.

Rijo02: Wat a long journey.........I thank God for journey mercies granted to all passengers on board Emirates from Naija to Dubai to JFK. Never knew I had a NLder on board, Datanonymous, until we stopped over at dubai. It was fun to have met such a humble fine yoruba guy. We didn't meet again when we landed at JFK cos he has an aunt yo chill with in NY but I had to connect to GA via US Airways.
Pls guys I will post my travel experience as soon as I can.....I truly need to sleep bt the worst is dat the sleep has refused to come.
Less I forget, I rejoice with all who are rejoicing n mourn with those whom it hasn't worked for.
@Stevecum.....continue to stay off those bad things you stayed off before you got your Visa. It definitely will keep you in a good work with the Lord.
All the best house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 3:31am On Aug 02, 2014
All Thanks to the Almighty God of heaven and earth for journey mercies, landed safely in New York and chilling grin Met Rijo02 in Dubai coincidentally and amazingly. I actually met a Rijo quite different from the Rijo i pictured, please people dont judge anyone on here, everyone is unique please. *wouldnt say more than that*
My travel experience is pretty much the same as that of Rijo02 so i would leave the job to the boss, let him deliver the package... lol
if you chose emirates, I am categorically assuring you that you made a great choice, might not b the perfect choice, but it is definitely an excellent choice. Looking forward to reading the travel experience to be written by my mahn... Rijo. I am available to answer any questions as per the travel experience please. God Bless Nairaland!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 3:33am On Aug 02, 2014
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Datanonymous:
My Ibo Chief. grin How are you sir? Great pleasure meeting and traveling with you sir eventhough u left with my pen. I actually saw you at the POE queue at JFK but then you later disappeared. Hope you were able to board your connecting flight early enough? Hope to see you again soon mahn. Stay Blessed.

Lol......my fine yoruba friend has finished me. It wad really nice meeting a calm and peaceful guy like u. I saw u at the POE queue but u weren't looking my way.
Yea I boarded and it was cool......though the distance to the boarding gate was like a trip from Mushin to Obalande.
Got to Atlanta at 10:40pm cos of some delays connecting to ATL via Charlotte.
How did it go with ur aunt? How u chilling in NY? What happened at the Agriculture section? Anything discarded?
I can't wait to see u again bro.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Datanonymous: All Thanks to the Almighty God of heaven and earth for journey mercies, landed safely in New York and chilling grin Met Rijo02 in Dubai coincidentally and amazingly. I actually met a Rijo quite different from the Rijo i pictured, please people dont judge anyone on here, everyone is unique please. *wouldnt say more than that*
My travel experience is pretty much the same as that of Rijo02 so i would leave the job to the boss, let him deliver the package... lol
if you chose emirates, I am categorically assuring you that you made a great choice, might not b the perfect choice, but it is definitely an excellent choice. Looking forward to reading the travel experience to be written by my mahn... Rijo. I am available to answer any questions as per the travel experience please. God Bless Nairaland!!!

Abeg make una no gree......he has to put up his own transcript. LOL.
Guys sorry I haven't posted my experience......am on it and will soon show.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:23am On Aug 02, 2014
Ashigolo: congrats on your safe trip bro. Pls, how many
hours interval did you leave between your time of arrival at jfk and time of departure to your destination. How many hours did you spend on POE clearance?.. I'm yet to book my connecting flight from jfk so I wanna make sure I leave enough time for the clearance.
if you flying qatar or emirates, just leave like 3-4hrs, those 2 flights land even few minutes ahead of time. So if you landing JFK by 1pm, you can book a connecting flight for 5pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:26am On Aug 02, 2014
Guys please I need advise on phone line

Which service provider should I go with? How does the service providers give Internet services? How can I get the package that charge least for calls to Nigeria?
I think MsNas and others who has the experience show explain to me.
I will appreciate a great deal.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Joenice: cool. Miami is nice. have been there before.
joenice na everywhere you don reach before, kilode, u go don reach bermuda triangle before oo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Rijo02: Guys please I need advise on phone line

Which service provider should I go with? How does the service providers give Internet services? How can I get the package that charge least for calls to Nigeria?
Thanks.
I do t-mobile and its $40 for 500mb , unlimited calls and sms in the US. For the $50 for 1G, unlimited calls and sms in the US. I use the $40 because I got wifi in my apartment and most places I go. So u can do the 40 or the 50. Then to call naija, I buy the $5 boss revolution and I can speak for 2hrs.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:49am On Aug 02, 2014
Stewee:

Arik is cool regionally but anything outside Africa is a No No!
Intending passengers beware!
sebi I people kept saying arik aint cool for international, but you still went with them. Thank God for everything sha and welcome to america
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Stewee:

Lmao
Zeezabee is awesome.
I'm not teaching you anything you havnt learnt before.
...ur so spoilt, you stink!
yimu for u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:56am On Aug 02, 2014
Rijo02: Guys please I need advise on phone line

Thanks.
I'd advise you to get StraightTalk, SimpleMobile or MetroPCS. They're the cheapest oo. AT&T is also cheap. But sometimes they get crazy. You can subscribe for StraightTalk or SimpleMobile every month with as low as $30.

Stay away from SPRINT!!! Its not prepaid but postpaid. They will even allow you to call international, but when the bill comes at the end of the month, you will nearly pee your pants. If you're like me who keeps my phone inside the back pockets of my pants and allows the phone to butt-dial sometimes, you're in soup. cheesy Verizon and T-Mobile ain't no better. I wanted to downgrade my monthly payment with T-Mobile because I rarely use my data, wifi is in abundance everywhere, these yeye people no gree. Okay o, lemme downgrade into another thing, no luck. And their 4GLTE will be sucking my 4G allowance anyhow sef.

StraightTalk rides on AT&T network; but its cheaper than AT&T (an AT&T has one of the best coverage in America). SimpleMobile and MetroPCS rides on T-Mobile Network, but they're cheaper than T-Mobile. It even allows you to text international for free. T-Mobile no dey gree me text international.

For International calling cards, don't go near Rebtel. They're thieves. Use Boss Revolution. Its cheaper. Don't blame me, I'm a broke college girl cheesy

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:59am On Aug 02, 2014
zeezahbee: I do t-mobile and its $40 for 500mb , unlimited calls and sms in the US. For the $50 for 1G, unlimited calls and sms in the US. I use the $40 because I got wifi in my apartment and most places I go. So u can do the 40 or the 50. Then to call naija, I buy the $5 boss revolution and I can speak for 2hrs.

Wow......thanks zee. U are gud. Bt wats the boss revolution stuff? How can I get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:59am On Aug 02, 2014
Stewee:

I've heard. smiley
Better come again soon so we can both go hunt for one of those Kadarshian gurls grin

Zeezabee is preparing egusi soup for too many guys already. tongue
na first come, first serve.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:01am On Aug 02, 2014
Rijo02:

Wow......thanks zee. U are gud. Bt wats the boss revolution stuff? How can I get it?
just go to the store or buy it online and you good to go. Its like a calling card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:06am On Aug 02, 2014
Idazbawz: Hello all...
I wanna choose my flight(emirate) seat..... how can I get a seat beside window??
ping me big head
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 5:13am On Aug 02, 2014
MsNas:
I'd advise you to get StraightTalk, SimpleMobile or MetroPCS. They're the cheapest oo. AT&T is also cheap. But sometimes they get crazy. You can subscribe for StraightTalk or SimpleMobile every month with as low as $30.

Stay away from SPRINT!!! Its not prepaid but postpaid. They will even allow you to call international, but when the bill comes at the end of the month, you will nearly pee your pants.If you're like me who keeps my phone inside the back pockets of my pants and allows the phine to butt-dial sometimes, you're in soup. cheesy Verizon and T-Mobile ain't no better. I wanted to downgrade my monthly payment with T-Mobile because I rarely use my data, wifi is in abundance everywhere, these yeye people no gree. Okay o, lemme downgrade into another thing, no luck. And their 4GLTE will be sucking my 4G allowance anyhow sef.

StraightTalk rides on AT&T network; but its cheaper than AT&T (an AT&T has one of the best coverage in America). SimpleMobile and MetroPCS rides on T-Mobile Network, but they're cheaper than T-Mobile. It even allows you to text international for free. T-Mobile no dey gree me text international.

For International calling cards, don't go near Rebtel. They're thieves. Use Boss Revolution. Its cheaper. Don't blame me, I'm a broke college girl cheesy

MsNas......Thanks a bunch. I think I will go for the AT&T cos a friend who got an AT&T phone had a line in it which he doesn't need. He offered to give me. I hope it works in my Samsung.
Hey how do I do the boss revolution thing?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:30am On Aug 02, 2014
Rijo02:

MsNas......Thanks a bunch. I think I will go for the AT&T cos a friend who got an AT&T phone had a line in it which he doesn't need. He offered to give me. I hope it works in my Samsung.
Hey how do I do the boss revolution thing?
If your phone is unlocked, then it should work. SIM cards costs next to nothing anyways. You get yours or someone gives you his, you still have to pay for the activation (except your friend has activated it already).

For Boss Revolution, go to www.bossrevolution.com and just follow instructions. You need to have a working number before you can load Boss Revolution tho. It will ask for your number. So make sure your phone works before attempting to buy Boss Revolution. After you load up, go to Google App Store and download the Boss Revolution App. It will give you an extra $1 worth of call credit for downloading the app. That way, it will save you the stress of using the access number before you can connect International. Just dial the International number preceded by the international calling code of the country you're calling in the dial-pad of the app and it connects you directly. No stress.

PS: You can also buy Boss Revolution cards in the stores.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.