Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. (56026 Views)

Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by YoshiMaster: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
phenor: I cannot be bribed

Me neither, we should form our own party, what say you?
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Ultimate001: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
wellmax: I think
1.Buhari.
2. Christopher Kolade
coming back
Pls who is Christopher Kolade?
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by meetgaya: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
wellmax: I think
1.Buhari.
2. Christopher Kolade
coming back
to plot a coup is a crime. so Buhari is out of the picture

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
james onanefe ibori
tafa balogun
farouk lawan
maina(chairman pension board)
tony anenih

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by gebest: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
1 Jonathan 2. Goodluck 3. Patience 4 Body George 5. Tafa Balogun.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by YoshiMaster: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
I nominate myself, I might not have held leadership positions in terms of Governorship, but I was the Class Captain in primary school, and a damn good one.

I love my people too much to want to steal from them, my joys should be yours as well, and your sorrows should be my sorrows too!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by largeman4u(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
The Late ICON - chief Gani fawehinmi is the only Nigerian in the grave that cannot be bribed.
i doubt if there is any other person currently.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Fishout(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
bisi akande (2)utomi (3)Ribadu (4)Okonjo (5)my daddy
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by duality(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Every one has a price. It may not be money. there is always something that will make a mortal man weak. forget all those names some of them may not be bold to speak the blunt truth about some persons.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Donmams(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
meetgaya:
to plot a coup is a crime. so Buhari is out of the picture
How much will Reno Omokri pay for this post?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by eyobeda(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Soo sad. I can't think of any nigerian that cannot be bribed.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Day11: 1. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan >sad

2. Faruk Lawan

3. madam stella obuh

>sad
olodo
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by kelEmi(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
1. Stella Oduah
2. James Onanefe Ibori
3. Government Tompolo
4. Patricia Eteh
5. "Add yours........"

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
israel007: 1. Farouk Lawal

2. Obasanjo

3. Tinubu

4. Suswan (benue governor)

5. Abacha

hahahahahahah.(no 4) opposite suswan the chief giver of bribe and the chairman bribe recievers association. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by honeric01(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
In only those that can be bribed get to rule presently.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by YoshiMaster: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
duality: Every one has a price. It may not be money. there is always something that will make a mortal man weak. forget all those names some of them may not be bold to speak the blunt truth about some persons.

Well, it all depends on weaknesses, for some it might be money, for others it might be women, and so forth.

The key here is not to tempt one's self by holding a position which exposes you to your weaknesses, i.e, someone with a weakness for money being in charge of a treasury, or a man with a weakness for women being in charge of a girls college or dormitory, it just doesn't make sense.

No man is perfect, yes! However let those without the weakness for money be in leadership positions.

At worst they might have scandals in their personal lives, but when it comes to tax payers money, they'd be thinking like hardcore Engineers, Technocrats... when it comes to implementation of projects.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
A former Director(Administration), Ministry of Information, Mrs. I.O Idowu-Ominiyi. She also served in other ministries & was known & disliked for her incorruptible self. I bet everyone that's worked or been with her would attest to this. I hope she gets rewarded some day

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by skiesoduah: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
waterhouse071: Buhari, Ribadu, Tunde Bakare, Oshiomole, Bisi Akande

I bet you have Ribadu's name there because of that shady bribe denial on James Ibori which was absolutely well planed and future executed propaganda to tower up his political score in gaining Mr. Good guy/corruption free award.

Oshimole made it to your list as well? Are you a standup comedian?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by lertee(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
2chainzz: 1st to comment
Wake up nd check undecided
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by linearity: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
OP, you are putting the cart before the horse..we need leaders first, before we start indicating which of them can or cannot be bride.

All we get right now are bunch of Opportunist.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Day11(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Buoyantic: olodo

Olododo you mean? angry
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by YoshiMaster: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
honeric01: In only those that can be bribed get to rule presently.

True! I remember a lecture I received from a professor that was once a member of the senate (not Nigerian senate).

He said, lobbyist would fly him in a helicopter, take him out to golf, offer him new rides and so on, all in a bid to get him to do some questionable things.

He said he refused them (I was like yeah right, in my mind), but he was dead serious, and he appealed to all in the class to be bold, and stand up for what is right.

We need so many good people like that at home to lead in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by funnyx(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Unfortunately, no one can name 5 Nigerian leaders (not contestable) that cannot be bribed! That is one of the reasons why Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by playboy19(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
I nominate myself, I might not have held leadership positions in terms of Governorship, but I was the Class Captain in primary school, and a damn good one.

I love my people too much to want to steal from them, my joys should be yours as well, and your sorrows should be my sorrows too!

Abeg, enough with this same story line already. Isn't this the same storyline Alao Akala, GEJ and Theo Orji used during their election campaign?

@topic, the answer is NONE. It's like asking if there is any Nigerian leader who doesn't drink water.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Timijo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Woni togun eni ba daniloju oma fin gbari ni i.e. if u are confident of your charm, you test it on yourself first.

I am the only Nigerian that cannot be bought over with money.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Chai! I've gone tru all d pages buh can't find d Otuoke clown as a nominee, even die-hard fans haven't nominated him either sad

Iz dis d signs of End-Time

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Ilaje44(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Donmams: One thing i'm proud of is that the entire south, with all its education and intellectuals does not have anyone close to Buhari and Murtala Mohammed.

How are you sure Buhari is not corrupt? And please tell me what Muritala did for Nigeria that no other leaders have done. Bear in mind that this individual personally experienced the Muritala and Buhari/Idiagbon eras.

If you read some other posts on this thread, you would have heard the name of a very distinguished Nigerian mentioned. He alone has done a lot for the betterment of the general Nigerian populace and a lot of downtrodden Nigerians. Buhari and Muritala Ramat combined have not done a quarter of what he did while he was alive. Ofcourse I am talking of Chief Gani Fawehinmi. And there were and are more like him in the South.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Redhot111(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
honeric01: I only know of 4.
BUHARI
SANUSI
BAKARE
UTOMI
Buhari, yes. Sanusi, can't say. Bakari, yes and Utomi very big YES

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Jarus(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lamido Sanusi ( at least with money).
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by YoshiMaster: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
playboy19:

Abeg, enough with this same story line already. Isn't this the same storyline Alao Akala, GEJ and Theo Orji used during their election campaign?

@topic, the answer is NONE. It's like asking if there is any Nigerian leader who doesn't drink water.

Yeah, they've all cried wolf, now when the real wolf shows up, no one will believe.

I wonder how I'd make people believe?

I guess my antecedence, and my character, would have to intercede for me.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Sloan: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lee Herds: Pastor W.F Kumuyi

I think DEFINITELY but Pastor Kumuyi has a different calling and he probably will not be interested in Politics, the type that is being played in Nigeria. But in terms of POLITICAL leadership, out of the ones that have shown ANY type of interest and honestly without sentiments:

1. Buhari - for almost 30 years after being military president and in being in the public space, NO ONE has ever been able to mention his name in any corruption deal! Whereas there are lots of Nigerians who did not even complete 2 years in the public space and their corruption is blown right into the knowledge of the entire world.

2. Nuhu Ribadu - He is so incorruptible, he had LOTS of opportunities to STEAL money or just take stolen money - bribe (not stealing according to GEJ), rather he takes the entire $15 M to the CBN and reports the case and prosecutes the man involved. Never done in the history of Nigeria.

3. Tunde Bakare - You will probably have to kill him only to discover that he still refuses to take the money , steal it or accept the bribe.

4. Col. Umar - don't know much about him in the political space but in the public space he is one person who did not care if he disagreed with his people so far as he spoke the truth the way he saw it.

5. Governor Fashola - Given his pedigree, I would add his name here too. What is known of his lifestyle, his utterances and his performance does not suggest someone who is being bribed but I realize we will know more after he completes his tenure.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by lertee(f): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
largeman4u: The Late ICON - chief Gani fawehinmi is the only Nigerian in the grave that cannot be bribed.
i doubt if there is any other person currently.
He was a man and government had it tough with him. RIP sS.A.N

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Results Of APC Presidential Primaries From 10 States So Far. / Governor Sani Bello Evacuated By Helicopter From Abuja-Kaduna Expressway / Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.