Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? (2730 Views)

Are You In A Distance Relationship?is It Working For You?Pls Share Your Secret / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by edygirl(f): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2006
What do you think about distance r/ship between you and your patner? Is it good or bad? Would you engage yourself to it. If yes give your reasons and if not please also tell me why you wouldn't.
              I am really confused now and I need your response to this.

Thank you so much as you partake in this.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2006
edy-girl, it's all bout love yeah?? kiss kiss kiss

well if U' were already in the relationship before One of U had to travel or sumtin, then U guys could still carry On depending On how strong the love is but if U werent seeing him before, then just do what your heart tells ya kiss

U've got to be strong thou, Cuz there're bound to be temptations here and there,
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by eveseh(f): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2006
i think it's foolish,
u cant see da person,u just call da person ,u just dey call da
person u dont know what's da person's doing behind u there,
it's nuthing to me,
me and u will just play,but it's foolish
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by eveseh(f): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2006
but some does it,they say it's love
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Hotstepper(f): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2006
itz a choice u have to make so wuteva we get 2 say here won't matter, am involve in one and lovng it, itz all about love and trust whether da person is 100 miles away or lives next to u, as i alwayz say, love has no boundaries

@eve, u make me laugh, let me tell u what u might not know, even if your b/f lives beside u, if he want to cheat or do rubbish, he can still do it without u knowing so cheating or wuteva is not distance friendly or player hater so it all comes down to love and trust and diz issue depends on individuals

moreova, there r people that can't date people in their locality because they get bored easily so we r now back 2 diz famous proverb, one man's food is another man's posion.

my dear, so itz a decision u gotta make, let distance not destroy wuteva love you 2 have 4 eachother. good luck
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by sade511(f): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2006
I agree.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2006
and just whats Stupid in a long distance relationship Some funny perception u've got!!!!!!! lame shxt!

@hotstepper
word! kiss kiss
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by dominobaby(f): 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2006
U said it well hotsteper.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Hotstepper(f): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2006
10x ma dear
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by eveseh(f): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2006
hotstepper i gave up
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by dominobaby(f): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2006
U're welcome dear.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Hotstepper(f): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2006
yea u r welcome, lol
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by eveseh(f): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2006
heheheh,thanks
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by 2fine4u(f): 12:53am On Jun 12, 2006
distance relationship is lame, don't waste ur time involvin in it. u neva kno what ur so called partna is doin where he or she is at. what if that cravin for cuddlin or kissin starts knockin on ya door, who u gon turn to? phone intimacy or whateva ain't gon cut it.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by jgirl3: 5:17am On Jun 12, 2006
Hotstepper, i so agree with you. Long distance can be lovely and it can be bad - it just depends on the people in the relationship
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by haywhy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2006
It works if you are unlucky to not catch your partner. Believe me, even in a  true love shit happens but if you do not  catch him/her, i think you would say it works.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by iice(f): 3:56am On Jun 16, 2006
Am not really for the whole Long distance dating thing, it takes 2 much effort and as everyone has said, u really don't know what your partner is doing the whole time your away.  If u really love each other, u'd make it work in the sense that you'd find a way to stick 2geder either by you moving or your partner moving so that you'l be close.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Kave(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2006
I'v been in it since 2001. Though d challenges are just too much as d guy,am stil into it.She loves me so dearly and i love her more dearly.
My girl is a simple girl.I trust her with all my heart.Though some times i start tinkin otherwise. It takes a strong guy to get involved in distance R. An undetermined guy will surely get carried away.Wit time,i noticed that i cud neva give my heart out to another girl. Though its distance,to me its true love.Am even tinkin of writin a movie bout it sef. NB.My girl is in Jos while am in Lagos.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Kave(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2006
I'v been in it since 2001. Though d challenges are just too much as d guy,am stil into it.She loves me so dearly and i love her more dearly.
My girl is a simple girl.I trust her with all my heart.Though some times i start tinkin otherwise. It takes a strong guy to get involved in distance R. An undetermined guy will surely get carried away.Wit time,i noticed that i cud neva give my heart out to another girl. Though its distance,to me its true love.Am even tinkin of writin a movie bout it sef. NB.My girl is in Jos while am in Lagos.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by haywhy(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2006
I'm sorry but i think jos to lag is not too much a distance relationship. If it were to be different countries, yeah right! You'll get to know what we are talking about. More than 99% of ladies have cheated wink one way or the other even in a non distant relationship, although they still love their partner but they just couldn't always hold on. Anyone who's daily activity (job,school e.t.c) involve lots of ladies would definitely feel n smell me. ITS HIGH TIME WE GUYS STOPPED BEING A ******* grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by diddy4(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2006
aint even down with this long distance shiit. no way. nahhhh, its too much and i hail those that do it. una strong.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Rhea(f): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2006
From experience:

A long distance relationship is feasible but tasking and challenging. The key ingredient there is constant communication and mutual trust. If you do not believe in these and also practise them, then forget it.

If you believe that your boyfriend is shinning one white chick on a particular friday night, then that's exactly what he's doing. However, if you believe that he's working his ass out or studying so hard, then that's exactly how it is.

You desist from heresay and caste your mind on the positive aspects of it.

However, it is a very difficult way to handle a relationship. It also often tends towards heartbreak.

My 2cents shaa
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Rare(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2006
Distance can only work for two people who are committed by marriage, " for better; or for worse".

Any other way gives room for loopholes!!
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by haywhy(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2006
As a lady, if you are a marriage material, a damn good one then your guy would surely come back for you. Let him enjoy himself and stuffs. We guys have got brain tongue, Yes! we know who is right & who is wrong. It's ladies that shouldn't cheat or do similar things. It's still ok if some ladies are saying the governor of so so so & so state was once my boo but not one guy saying i once banged the 1st lady undecided. Noooooo
Leave your guy alone, no matter what he is doing, a part of him will always remind him he's got a marriage material some where which is you. Though you must not do anything ooo grin. Just zip up kiss
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by babymine(f): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2006
It rarely works.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by thupsie(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2006
Just keep ur mind of evil or stop thinking about what he is doing now or whatever the circumstances and live free within ur mind and body if he loves u he do all the 80% calling an u will just do the 60%

For babymine it does work if only u practise
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by thupsie(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2006
Just keep ur mind of evil or stop thinking about what he is doing now or whatever the circumstances and live free within ur mind and body if he loves u he do all the 80% calling an u will just do the 60%

For babymine it does work if only u practise
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by amaikama(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2007
it good for Casanovas but bad for serious minded, loving guys. believe me.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by kike001(f): 2:56pm On May 17, 2007
it never workes unless if u r determined 2 keep in contact like call eachoda everyday
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by donkay(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2008
hey peeps! i really dont think it works, my present girlfrnd lost her ex boyfrnd because d guy's far away and mi, im alwys there 4 her! (i didnt mean to snatch her from d guy though, grin) moreover, d guy'z not very serious wit da thin, alwys takn my girl for granted! we're fine 2geda but i alwy thnk abt somethn: wat if we're far away frm each othr too, does dat mean anoda idiot shocked wud tak ma place??
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by maykay(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
long distance relationship still works, atleast if l was not really directly affected , l have a friend who now is married atfter a honest and sincere relationship witha girl outside nigeria for 6 years, so there are exception ooo
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
I believe it works!tlking from experience

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Our Nigerian Ladies Love White Guys? / What Should She Do / HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.