Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,097 members, 7,859,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? (2744 Views)

Are You In A Distance Relationship?is It Working For You?Pls Share Your Secret / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by MrCrackles(m): 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
donkay:

hey peeps! i really don't think it works, my present girlfrnd lost her ex boyfrnd because d guy's far away and mi, im alwys there 4 her! (i didnt mean to snatch her from d guy though, grin) moreover, d guy'z not very serious wit da thin, alwys takn my girl for granted! we're fine 2geda but i alwy thnk about somethn: what if we're far away frm each othr too, does that mean another idiot shocked would tak ma place??

oh yes donkey, if u screw up, another dude who has been lying in wait would pounce and chew ur meat! grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by cbase: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
donkay:

hey peeps! i really don't think it works, my present girlfrnd lost her ex boyfrnd because d guy's far away and mi, im alwys there 4 her! (i didnt mean to snatch her from d guy though, grin) moreover, d guy'z not very serious wit da thin, alwys takn my girl for granted! we're fine 2geda but i alwy thnk about somethn: what if we're far away frm each othr too, does that mean another idiot shocked would tak ma place??

@donkay

for sure, Guys are mean, there's always somebody around to take your place. Especially if she's pretty and you know like what guys want, even if she isn't, Since you saw something in her that attracted you to her, somebody else would see that.

Happened to me just this few months back, Thought i was all she wanted, kept calling her all day, cos i was on my IT and she was down in school, My friends kept me up to date with her doings, Two months after, I started hearing Rumors 'bout her, If I hadn't trusted her i would have lost her for good by my actions, cos i'm hot tempered.

Trust Guys that was why i told you WE GUYS ARE MEAN, even my friends who knew what we had for each other went behind my back asking her to come to them, since i wasn't around and couldn't cater to her needs. I couldn't believe it.
Nobody told me to seek permission from my Boss, spun him some lies and traveled down to school, good a thing i came back the time i did, if i had wasted more time, I would have lost her. I couldn't believe her, we were like 2 strangers again, we seemed not to understand each other.
There was this guy who she had started seeing, said at first he was a friend to her, but she couldn't understand what was happening to her, I felt confused and angry with her, but what could i do, I understand twas the distance having effect on her, I guess what helped me too was we were always able to tell each other stuffs 'bout our lives
when i told her i was coming down to school, she sounded so indifferent to the news, that made me hasten my preparations.
I started all over again with her, spending more time with her, before i left, she was back again 2 her senses and all throughout my stay i never even saw the guy, he never came around when i was around, i didn't blame him sha, i blame my girl for not knowing better.
I couldn't agree more with my best friend when he told me that gals were "Present Values" i.e if you're not there at the moment, There's another Investor ready to invest in her.

Don't get me wrong, she had never slept with the guy, but i was pretty sure if i hadn't come at the moment to strengthen her resolve, sooner or later it would have happened, now i know better,

I don't love her as much as i did when i left for my IT, I mean if i was so strong for her that no girl here in Lagos imagine that could make me misbehave, then why would some asshole shake her that way, it would take me time to get back to that level we were before, Guys check am na.

I'm gonna play around small sha, see if it would help ease the hurt a bit, what do you think?, I mean no guy loves losing his place to another punk ass, even if averted mine, but it still hurts to know she betrayed my love for her even if twas little as she did, Imagine her telling me she was confused as to what she was feeling 'bout us
Before i went I was very sure, we were back to where we were before i left, but i know deep in my heart i couldn't be committed to it as i was b4, she pretty does all the calling now and texting, i call 2 but not as much as b4, i've taken time to INSURE my heart, n be pretty sure that if ever something like this happens i wouldn't be brokenhearted.
whoever said having one girlfriend is good
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by gabelogan(m): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2008
cbase:

@donkay

for sure, Guys are mean, there's always somebody around to take your place. Especially if she's pretty and you know like what guys want, even if she isn't, Since you saw something in her that attracted you to her, somebody else would see that.

Happened to me just this few months back, Thought i was all she wanted, kept calling her all day, because i was on my IT and she was down in school, My friends kept me up to date with her doings, Two months after, I started hearing Rumors 'bout her, If I hadn't trusted her i would have lost her for good by my actions, because i'm hot tempered.

Trust Guys that was why i told you WE GUYS ARE MEAN, even my friends who knew what we had for each other went behind my back asking her to come to them, since i wasn't around and couldn't cater to her needs. I couldn't believe it.
Nobody told me to seek permission from my Boss, spun him some lies and traveled down to school, good a thing i came back the time i did, if i had wasted more time, I would have lost her. I couldn't believe her, we were like 2 strangers again, we seemed not to understand each other.
There was this guy who she had started seeing, said at first he was a friend to her, but she couldn't understand what was happening to her, I felt confused and angry with her, but what could i do, I understand twas the distance having effect on her, I guess what helped me too was we were always able to tell each other stuffs 'bout our lives
when i told her i was coming down to school, she sounded so indifferent to the news, that made me hasten my preparations.
I started all over again with her, spending more time with her, before i left, she was back again 2 her senses and all throughout my stay i never even saw the guy, he never came around when i was around, i didn't blame him sha, i blame my girl for not knowing better.
I couldn't agree more with my best friend when he told me that gals were "Present Values" i.e if you're not there at the moment, There's another Investor ready to invest in her.

Don't get me wrong, she had never slept with the guy, but i was pretty sure if i hadn't come at the moment to strengthen her resolve, sooner or later it would have happened, now i know better,

I don't love her as much as i did when i left for my IT, I mean if i was so strong for her that no girl here in Lagos imagine that could make me misbehave, then why would some asshole shake her that way, it would take me time to get back to that level we were before, Guys check am na.

I'm going to play around small sha, see if it would help ease the hurt a bit, what do you think?, I mean no guy loves losing his place to another punk ass, even if averted mine, but it still hurts to know she betrayed my love for her even if twas little as she did, Imagine her telling me she was confused as to what she was feeling 'bout us
Before i went I was very sure, we were back to where we were before i left, but i know deep in my heart i couldn't be committed to it as i was before, she pretty does all the calling now and texting, i call 2 but not as much as before, i've taken time to INSURE my heart, n be pretty sure that if ever something like this happens i wouldn't be brokenhearted.
whoever said having one girlfriend is good

while i was reading this story, i was scared, why? beacuse somethin similar happened to me. this time, i was the guy scoring with my friends gfriend. hope its not u. the guy was on it, he came back and caught me in a compromising position with his girfriend and he still made the relationship work even after he caught her. really nice and mature guy.

fast foward, months later, i was in a long distance relationship (i was in lagos, my girl was in gombe) and i found out she was screwing around.

my take on long distance relationships, i dont really know. they say out of sight is out of mind but on the other hand, it takes a lot of trust and resolve to make it work.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by cbase: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2008
@gabe_logan

while i was reading this story, i was scared, why? beacuse somethin similar happened to me. this time, i was the guy scoring with my friends gfriend. hope its not u. the guy was on it, he came back and caught me in a compromising position with his girfriend and he still made the relationship work even after he caught her. really nice and mature guy.

fast foward, months later, i was in a long distance relationship (i was in lagos, my girl was in gombe) and i found out she was screwing around.

my take on long distance relationships, i don't really know. they say out of sight is out of mind but on the other hand, it takes a lot of trust and resolve to make it work.

@gabe_logan

Guess you now feel what your friend, the one you were with his gal must have felt, you know as they say wht goes around surely comes around.
I so much believed in true Love, but now i know until i'm ready and very sure to get married then i would leave my heart to love that way, but as for now, OMO na love nwa nti nti, jeje
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by gabelogan(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2008
cbase link=topic=14996.msg2655646#msg2655646 date=1218715518@gabe_logan
Guess you now feel what your friend, the one you were with his girl must have felt, you know as they say wht goes around surely comes around.
I so much believed in true Love, but now i know until i'm ready and very sure to get married then i would leave my heart to love that way, but as for now, OMO [sub:

na love nwa nti nti[/sub], jeje

guy, i feel you. i no go lie, after that incident, shame catch me. i didnt go out for about 3days. i had never felt more ashamed of myself.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by cbase: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2008
ha ha ha

@gabe_logan

you're an honest and truthful guy, takes a lot to admit that
but tis all over, all we need do now is get a wee bit serious and
take care of our hearts.
for God's sake na we suppose to dey break hearts and not vice-versa.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Ola8(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND,

PLEASE, USE YOUR SENSE
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2008
It's possible, though it rarely works I hear
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by deept(m): 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2008
love is not enough.

its lots of work trust me. If you dont have anything solid on ground i'll advice you break it.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by lucabrasi(m): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2008
long distance relationship is all commitment ,commitment commitment everything else is seconday
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 16, 2008
It may work for some, and not for others
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Gsawlah(f): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2008
its okay! in as much as you two know wat your doing.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by eyinojunl: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2008
am in total agreement to wat hot stepper said cos am also in to distance relationship and i love it just dat at times i get bord and need som1 like him close to me but his nowhere to be found and the only thing that encourages me is that even when u are not to trust ur partner try to trust cos it solves a lot of problem
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by adeboo(f): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2008
I dont think i can endure these long distance relationships - there are too many cold nights and too many temptations.
I would never agree to it.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by lonelypal(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2008
adeboo:

I don't think i can endure these long distance relationships - there are too many [b]cold nights and too many temptations.[/b]I would never agree to it.

u have ur blankets and cover cloths, so ? grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2008
I tried it once. . . Let me just say i wont be doing it again grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by topup: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2008
This is one of the very few things in life I feel that no advice can change. You honestly have to look independently at the relationship at hand. Would you two do anything for each other? It's not about HOW long you've been with or the things you've done, it is about the QUALITY of the bond between you. I believe you should have some doubts, but if you start to worry too much that can indicate lack of faith or trust in the relationship. You need both to hack the LD relationship out. You need to trust each other A LOT, not just like each other LOVE each other, and BOTH of you should truly believe that there is no one better. This will make it a lot easier on both of you if you already feel that the relationship is validated. If you don't feel this way, little things have an opportunity of getting in the way. You can also choose to ease off the relationship a bit during the LD part, so that you both have time to breath and decide what you want in future, otherwise, I don't see why LD wouldn't work, if the two are committed and love each other and most importantly mature enough to handle the ups and downs.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by topup: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2008
cbase, man I wish all men could be as committed to their girlfriends as you 'were'. I think if you go and screw around ,you will regret it because you compromised your standards because of your feelings. Cheating is bad full stop, you didn't like it when it happened to you. If you must, maybe leave her so she will realise what she has lost but my prefered advice is to have an honest chat with her, telling her ALL your feelings and desires. I knew for a fact when my guy had gone that I might get tempted, but I knew I would never do anything to compromise myself. There WILL be temptations but to compromise yourself is a terrible thing to do to ones self and the other person in the relationship. I have to mention though, I would NOT have felt the temptation as much if at the stage we were at, my guy (at the time) was treating me right. It sounds like you treated your girlfriend with nothing but respect and love --- she took that for granted (it happens a lot in couples - as they say, you don't realise what you have until it's gone). Honestly, if my guy had been loving and caring instead of the uncaring, distant and awkward guy he slowly began to be, I would have been loyal to him. My ideal situation is to have one man and one man only, I don't care about attention, the only attention I want is from my guy.

Sometimes, it annoys me, how unfair love is, how people talk about girls being unfaithful yet you know you gave your all to your guy and he still disrespected you, or guys being unloving when cbase gave his all to his girlfriend yet she confused him and wasn't being completely honest to him.
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by babyooo: 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2008
the only thing in it is if u guys trully love each other then carry on its no big deal
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by Jtlyrics(m): 12:13am On Aug 17, 2008
Its cool, pretty cool runnin a distance relationship, it makes u wanna cry somex wen ur missing dat 1 u really do luv, tz sucha sensual tin, it depends on ur psychological strength nd mental indepth-some ppl fill der totz wit ill stuffs-thinkin dat der baby cld be bangin another dude or gal wen der far apart,n it kills der level of trust, dats a major set back tu distance relationship, u need ta access before u process, dont go thinkin wat u wont want he or she thinkin, tz a basic, remember"life z a journey"we r bound tu leave de presence of our luv'd ones during life process,
Re: What Do You Think About A Distance Relationship? by cbase: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2008
topup:

cbase, man I wish all men could be as committed to their girlfriends as you 'were'. . If you must, maybe leave her so she will realise what she has lost but my prefered advice is to have an honest chat with her, telling her ALL your feelings and desires.
It sounds like you treated your girlfriend with nothing but respect and love --- she took that for granted (it happens a lot in couples - as they say, you don't realise what you have until it's gone).

Sometimes, it annoys me, how unfair love is, how people talk about girls being unfaithful yet you know you gave your all to your guy and he still disrespected you, or guys being unloving when cbase gave his all to his girlfriend yet she confused him and wasn't being completely honest to him.

Hi Topup, I really appreciate the advice, yah as u said,
I talked with her, as i said in my post, I won her back, but In my place we have this saying "Ass wey ant bite, dey always dey alert" what i mean is that, even as i won her back, That level of trust and Placing i had 4 her ain't there again, she feels bad 'bout 4 havin' wavered in her love 4 me.
Sometimes I'm even confused myself, I'm sure i don't love her as before, twill take some time even If it will.
Maybe i gave her much attention and love, as u said, she even says it. twas one of her excuses. she says she fears our relationship, that i love her 2 much and that leaves her wondering if she was worth me, that she's afraid and ain't sure of herself leaving up to my love, that left me wondering whether she loved me at all. cos i've neva heard of gals leaving their guys because they loved em 2much, have u?
I'm just half commited to the whole thing now. When I'm thru School n made enough money cos thats the main thing, then I think i'll give a try again, bt 4 now, I just can't waste my energy loving again, I don't think any girl deserves it 4 now, until i'm ready for it again. I've got enough female friends, i think i'll leave it at that, when I'm Hot, i find a girl, but i dont think i wanna love again 4 now, till I'm ready
wht do u think?
and once again thanks for the advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Women Hypocrites? / Help Me Out / He Loves Me But I Dont Love Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.