Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,779 members, 7,959,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? (37516 Views)

How Is Divorce Obtained Under Islamic Law / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Is Divorce The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by obyrich(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: I said I will send her back , the place of wife is in her household with her husband. Period

And Allah knows best.
I can't help but laugh and shout Allahu Akbar at your cold response.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
obyrich: I can't help but laugh and shout Allahu Akbar at your cold response.

me i join you shout sheriya u akbar
@muja ....you will send your daughter to the animal again ....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
pickabeau1:

me i join you shout sheriya u akbar
@muja ....you will send your daughter to the animal again ....
yes, what if he stumbled and regret what he did ? What if you have the possibility to see the future and in this future you have the confirmation that he will never touch her ?

I know many couples who went through what you guys call abuse, today they are happy, they went through their difficulties and fixed their marriage.
And Allah knows best.

Allahu Akbar
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
me i dont know what you mean by you guys but all i know is if my daughter is beaten n bloodied by her hubby... i no go take am easy

if u are gracious with your daughters life since they are many of them, me i am not
Mujah1deen: yes, what if he stumbled and regret what he did ? What if you have the possibility to see the future and in this future you have the confirmation that he will never touch her ?

I know many couples who went through what you guys call abuse, today they are happy, they went through their difficulties and fixed their marriage.
And Allah knows best.

Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen: Divorce is not an option ,no matter what your husband does to you .

I thought Islam supports divorce?

Is this your personal opinion or Islam's position?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1: me i dont know what you mean by you guys but all i know is if my daughter is beaten n bloodied by her hubby... i no go take am easy

if u are gracious with your daughters life since they are many of them, me i am not

As they are not plenty! Lol!

One guy behind me on Friday's Vigil reminded me of you

He was just carrying his child jelenke
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2013
Yes now... i know how much i have invested in their lives both materially and time wise more so daughters who deserve more daddy time..
Daughters are fragile and need that so they dont miss it with poisonous relationships

na hin one ahzewipe go wan beat cos huin get 2 heads

Baga!

bukatyne:

As they are not plenty! Lol!

One guy behind me on Friday's Vigil reminded me of you

He was just carrying his child jelenke
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1: Yes now... i know how much i have invested in their lives both materially and time wise more so daughters who deserve more daddy time..
Daughters are fragile and need that so they dont miss it with poisonous relationships

Baga!

Softly softly

Do you live at Badore, Ajah?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by dasparrow: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Post

Its unfortunate. Some Nigerian women would never learn. Its unfortunate that they have to sacrifice their lives. Its their children I feel sorry for. This is the disadvantage of coming from a backward 3rd world country like Nigeria as a female. You come to realize that you have no rights and your life has no worth.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
bukatyne:

Softly softly

Do you live at Badore, Ajah?

Ok.. smiley

No.. not that far
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1:

Baga!
ROTFL en go hear am.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1:

Ok.. smiley

No.. not that far

Not that far to where?

Mujah1deen?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
bukatyne:

Not that far to where?

Mujah1deen?
bukatyne:

Not that far to where?

Mujah1deen?

On that axis...not that far more like femi okunnu..agumgi..why ajah...that b stop known for fighters
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1:

On that axis...not that far more like femi okunnu..agumgi..why ajah...that b stop known for fighters

Meaning angry embarassed

I saw one guy that reminded me of you in my church on Friday

Femi Okunnu? You are a big boy! grin cool
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
bukatyne:

Meaning angry embarassed

I saw one guy that reminded me of you in my church on Friday

Femi Okunnu? You are a big boy! grin cool

Hahahah not so ma....
Its a range...
It could be there up till agungi....

Big boy ke.... na toro kobo I dey dooo ohh
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1:

Hahahah not so ma....
Its a range...
It could be there up till agungi....

Big boy ke.... na toro kobo I dey dooo ohh

I met one NLer inside the bus on day

The first I actually spoke with
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
Interesting. ...
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1: Interesting. ...

Lol!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
So pickabeau is a man
The name sounds feminie smiley
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
lorretta u: So pickabeau is a man
The name sounds feminie smiley

Former Biolabee

I did not say anything
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1: Interesting. ...

bukatyne:

Lol!

he he he

You better enter the fun room for better rapport.

Big boy and Big girl.
Abeg don't derail this thread jare

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
pickabeau1: me i dont know what you mean by you guys but all i know is if my daughter is beaten n bloodied by her hubby... i no go take am easy

Allah gives and takes. BTW I don't have any yet .

Anyway I thought you were against divorce, so what are you going to do? Beat her husband too ?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
Royal Roy:

he he he

You better enter the fun room for better rapport.

Big boy and Big girl.
Abeg don't derail this thread jare

Give us transport na tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen: Allah gives and takes. BTW I don't have any yet .

Anyway I thought you were against divorce, so what are you going to do? Beat her husband too ?

Im not a fan of divorce bar exceptional circumstances and spousal abuse.
in my opinion there should be a time of seperation for the parties involved to come to their senses and the families to get involved

This usually helps as the issues come to the fore and reconciliation

if abuse persists after family reconciliation... then e get as e be ...

I will not blindly send my daughter back into hell...

@Roy,, shon sir! grin
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
bukatyne: Give us transport na
grin grin grin

2mb for your internet transport.

Lol
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mujah1deen: anyway, sooner or later it will happen
In your dream.... Keep dreaming
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sunglow: In your dream.... Keep dreaming
.what do you mean?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
slimmy05: You still have a long way to go. You still have a lot to experience in life and as karma will, you'll definitely test the sweet and BAD aspect of life and one advice I'll give is to respond with all these vile and insultive words you've been using on nairaland to solve it. You'll be the worst nincompoo.p if you don't use them on that random stranger you call your bf. You need to work on your attitude cos beauty without attitude is like beauty with no brains. Your attitude is pathetic, worrysome and ofcourse a huge turn-off to most men. You feel you can spew those thrash at people cos its a faceless forum, it tells a lot on your attitude, you're very rude, insultive, silly, pathetic and a whole lot of negative thought. Work on your thought pattern, see peoples opinion as welcomed, try to be constructive in your criticism and response to their opinion and don't go all round as if you're miss OVER-CORRECT. Shows how you'll act if you ever become a boss in life. When your wild dream of geting married to a man from "obodo oyibo" becomes reality as you've been craving being the money-hungry usual girl that you are, then you'll know they also have them over there as well. I won't fold my arms see you bash at men in a very disrespectful and uncultured manner. Learn to have respect and work on your attitude.
Its obvious your gf dumped you for a obodo oyibo man!why are you so angry and ranting like a wounded lion!its painful I know but get over it and move on.I don't support abuse of Amy kind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
Royal Roy:

2mb for your internet transport.

Lol

RR, thanks cheesy

Pickabeau1, oya come and take 1Mb so that we can transport ourselves to .....

RR, please confirm destination thread grin
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mujah1deen: shut up .what does my name have to do with divorce? Do you even know the meaning of that name? Besides I'm not Afghan
why are you telling her to shut up is she your mate ;Dand what she said is the truthyour women are the worst hit ehwhen it comes to divorce. What is the meaning of that your name again. angry angryoh OK I remember the meaning a$$ wiping things
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sunglow: why are you telling her to shut up is she your mate ;Dand what she said is the truthyour women are the worst hit ehwhen it comes to divorce. What is the meaning of that your name again. angry angryoh OK I remember the meaning a$$ wiping things
do you have a problem with me ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Man Spotted Carrying His Wife's Handbag...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.