Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? (37168 Views)

How Is Divorce Obtained Under Islamic Law / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Is Divorce The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 09, 2013
Well so do a lot of folks in this forum apparently.
At this rate I guess we'll all have someone to visit in prison smiley smiley

Anyway stop looking for 50's trouble o
I no dey o. grin
Sagamite:

He believes in beating women if they speak to him rudely and is proud of that mentality.

So you might have to visit him in prison sometime.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 09, 2013
He hasn't been found.
Shabby investigation if you ask me
They came and arrested his father. Lmao
Poor old fellow. Only to release him when they discovered that he's an occassional victim of his son's beatings too.the girl's family has taken the kids.

We hope he's found and punished.
Donxavier:

whatsup with the husband? Has he been arrested? what of the family of the woman in question?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
lorretta u: Well so do a lot of folks in this forum apparently.
At this rate I guess we'll all have someone to visit in prison smiley smiley

Anyway stop looking for 50's trouble o
I no dey o. grin

They are all fucktards that need their heads smashed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by yinkeys(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Well any female cud divorce as long as she can pay her bills. Love this days shudnt b something worth dying for. Unless na ur mama
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Luvskid(m): 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
RIP
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
chaircover: We should be trying to tackle the root of the problem and not fire fighting.

Wife number one leaves but anther woman will happily step into the Mrs abused position without batting an eyelid and the cycle continues. Thats some women for you!

As mothers we should be teaching our daughters self esteem and our sons how to respect woman. Charity begins at home.
A girl with self worth and esteem wont accept abuse in any form from anyone and a boy taught to treat his sisters with respect and protect them will find it very hard to raise his hand against another woman.

. . .and the people already in the violent situation should walk. Its no good saying that you ar staying for the kids, because the same kids that you say you are staying for are potential abusers/susceptible to being abused themselves since they dont know any other life.

Dads please spend time with your daughters especially. Praise them and make them feel loved and special. When they hear it from you, they dont need to hear it from some inappropriate man.
1 BILLION LIKES

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Flygerian1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hunger go waya dem die!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chikachike86(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
obyrich: Wife bashing is unjustifiable under any pretext. If a man thinks his wife is too annoying for his liking and has exhausted all peaceful means of making her change her attitude, he should divorce and not kill her! One's wife is not his goat or dog. Only few people can get the mind to personally kill their pet. Don't marry her if you do not see her as your PARTNER in life's journey.
Most woman would rather bath you with an acid than accept losing a guy they ve courted for yrs. So must guys end up with a lady they are not compatible with out of fear that they might encounter misfortune as a result of threat from such lady. Moreover if most ladies would accept the fact that some guys are not their so called PARTNERS, then the better for everyone. Most ladies feel they are being used and dumped , not understanding that allowing such guy to leave would invariably save them a long marital torment. So ladies, if he wants to live, pls allow him to go its not a do or die affairs, neither is it a case of "being used" and dumped. Its for the best.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
chika.chike86:

Most woman would rather bath you with an acid than accept losing a guy they ve courted for yrs. So must guys end up with a lady they are not compatible with out of fear that they might encounter misfortune as a result of threat from such lady. Moreover if most ladies would accept the fact that some guys are not their so called PARTNERS, then the better for everyone. Most ladies feel they are being used and dumped , not understanding that allowing such guy to leave would invariably save them a long marital torment. So ladies, if he wants to live, pls allow him to go its not a do or die affairs, neither is it a case of "being used" and dumped. Its for the best.

Nnaa, its not a problem to let go. But its a big problem if you waist my time oo. Why wait yrs before you see that I no fit your wife specification angry angry angry Eeeeehn?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Divorce is not an option ,no matter what your husband does to you .
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by nora544: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: Divorce is not an option ,no matter what your husband does to you .

so when he kill me it is also okay, sorry but this could come only from you your name tell me all about you.

I know what woman have for a life in Afganistan, where woman have no rights, where an animal has a better life than a woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
nora544:

so when he kill me it is also okay, sorry but this could come only from you your name tell me all about you.

I know what woman have for a life in Afganistan, where woman have no rights, where an animal has a better life than a woman.
shut up .what does my name have to do with divorce? Do you even know the meaning of that name? Besides I'm not Afghan
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: Divorce is not an option ,no matter what your husband does to you .

Aaaaaah, when a man physical abuses me, I should stay. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

If I could, I was gonna beat you with a whole tray off eggs. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Aaaaaah, when a man physical abuses me, I should stay. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

If I could, I was gonna beat you with a whole tray off eggs. undecided undecided undecided

Allah knows best, stay in your marriage and fix it. Check yourself ,change your behaviors etc .

Allahu akbar

Why do you want to beat me ?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by nora544: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: shut up .what does my name have to do with divorce? Do you even know the meaning of that name? Besides I'm not Afghan

I know what your name mean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen

you write that a woman has no right for a divorse but you have it and you can divorse her very fast only with 3 words
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Allah knows best, stay in your marriage and fix it. Check yourself ,change your behaviors etc .

Allahu akbar

Why do you want to beat me ?

I want to beat you because you deserve that. How can you say that, Did God send anyone to beat the wife and hence, the wife should stay. Leave God out of this, abeg.

What if its a man who is being physicallly abused. Should he stay?? sad sad
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
nora544:

I know what your name mean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen

you write that a woman has no right for a divorse but you have it and you can divorse her very fast only with 3 words
so what's wrong with trying to walk on the path of Allah.

As for the rest of your write up : Allah knows best. embrace Islam and you will understand a lot of things.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

I want to beat you because you deserve that. How can you say that, Did God send anyone to beat the wife and hence, the wife should stay. Leave God out of this, abeg.

What if its a man who is being physicallly abused. Should he stay?? sad sad
Allah didn't send him to beat you lol, he sent with his good and bad sides. No one is perfect.
You should Learn to appreciate your husband the way he is.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: Allah didn't send him to beat you lol, he sent with his good and bad sides. No one is perfect.

I don't want a perfect man neither. If your religion say that woman should be beaten and endure, I choose Satan. Aaaaaaah aaaah. Maybe Satan is better. shocked shocked

So a woman should appreciate that she is being abused, demeaned for the community to see??
I asked you should a man stay if he is being abused
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by nora544: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: Allah didn't send him to beat you lol, he sent with his good and bad sides. No one is perfect.

a husband should love his wife not beat her.

I know some man when they have problems with there work and they go home they put all what they want to say to there boss, so when a man want to beat his boss he will beat his wife when she say something what he didnot like and if it is only that he has to wait for the dinner 5 minutes more.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

I don't want a perfect man neither. If your religion say that woman should be beaten and endure, I choose Satan. Aaaaaaah aaaah. Maybe Satan is better. shocked shocked

So a woman should appreciate that she is being abused, demeaned for the community to see??
Allah knows best.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mujah1deen: Allah knows best.

Abeg, leave God out of this. He doesnt like abuse sef. smiley smiley See your religion undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
nora544:

a husband should love his wife not beat her.

I know some man when they have problems with there work and they go home they put all what they want to say to there boss, so when a man want to beat his boss he will beat his wife when she say something what he didnot like and if it is only that he has to wait for the dinner 5 minutes more.
you are throwing conjectures that don't make any sense.
Why does he have to wait? What are you doing? Must he wait before you serving him?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Abeg, leave God out of this. He doesnt like abuse sef. smiley smiley See your religion undecided
are you a Christian? You should check yours.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Honey drop this
You're just gon get tired trying to talk from a point of reason.
smiley
chineloSA:

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by obyrich(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Some men are mad! I was discussing this issue with some friends yesterday when someone told us that a man in his kindred applied ground pepper to his wife's Va*gina to settle a score. The worst thing is that the issue has nothing to do with infidelity. The man invited the wife to bed for love-making in the night and while wife is undressed he reached for the pepper paste and deposited it on her vagi... This happened at Umuchima in Okigwe LGA, Imo state. The wife has run to her parents house.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
obyrich: Some men are mad! I was discussing this issue with some friends yesterday when someone told us that a man in his kindred applied ground pepper to his wife's Va*gina to settle a score. The worst thing is that the issue has nothing to do with infidelity. The man invited the wife to bed for love-making in the night and while wife is undressed he reached for the pepper paste and deposited it on her vagi... This happened at Umuchima in Okigwe LGA, Imo state. The wife has run to her parents house.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Settle score about what? What if she did the same thing first? grin grin

Anyway funny story, maybe her **** wasn't tasty enough

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by obyrich(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: Settle score about what? What if she did the same thing first? grin grin

Anyway funny story, maybe her **** wasn't tasty enough
I made that post in response to your earlier assertion that divorce is not an option no matter what the man did to the wife. Assuming your daughter ran home to you with such a story of inhumane treatment from her hubby, would you ask her to go back to the man as divorce is not an option. Eburu ozu nwa onye ozo, o di ka ebu ukwu nku.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
obyrich: I made that post in response to your earlier assertion that divorce is not an option no matter what the man did to the wife. Assuming your daughter ran home to you with such a story of inhumane treatment from her hubby, would you ask her to go back to the man as divorce is not an option. Eburu ozu nwa onye ozo, o di ka ebu ukwu nku.
I will send her back.
Can you translate your last sentence for me ?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by obyrich(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: I will send her back.
Can you translate your last sentence for me ?
It roughly means 'We regard the corpse of another man's child as a bundle of firewood'. Your reply to the last two posts of mine justifies this statement.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
obyrich: It roughly means 'We regard the corpse of another man's child as a bundle of firewood'. Your reply to the last two posts of mine justifies this statement.
I said I will send her back , the place of wife is in her household with her husband. Period

And Allah knows best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife / The Finger Nails Pregnant Woman Got For Her Baby Shower... / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.