Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). (8378 Views)

I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / She Wants A Sugar Daddy Without Sex, Guy Replies Him / Meet Abuja Big Girl Who Dumped Her BF & Payed 10million Naira Into His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Smh! U'll receive your healing IJN
hahahahahahaha......healing received
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
T3 @_@ Amo:
Maybe because the devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know. I am in a relationship and i trust my bf 95% but not 100%, because at times i have doubts or thoughts etc, he is a good guy at end of day so am not going to leave him because i do not trust him 100%.

Anyway if the man is a great giver himself and genuinely had need for assistance i would if i had, BUT not when he hardly ever gave me any, then suddenly coming to ask me for some, ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER U KNOW!

Most importantly On the issue of borrowing; don’t lend it to him if you know that you still need that money; it’s either you give him and forget about it, or you tell him you don’t have any money.

And finally avoid making it a habit of giving him money regularly because he might just turn you into his private bank

Her approach was wrong. She had legitimate concerns, especially since she went through bad experience before but she didn't handle this well. You are not comfortable giving 400k out. How much are you comfortable with? Let's say 50k. He knows you have the money, so come up with a 'Super Story' on how your funds are tied up and how you can only release 50k. Act the scene very well grin grin grin.... The bf goes away feeling you have tried your best, you have your chance to test him with the 50k. Everybody is happy grin grin grin
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AyeeIdris(f): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
I can't believe all the readers suggesting that it is better to lie and come up with some excuse not to give him the money if the girl doesn't trust him. Abi did I miss the memo where lying in a relationship would also lead to loss of trust. Let's face it. I don't even trust myself all of the time because I am human. Why then would I have complete blind trust in a boyfriend, when he is not infallible. The world don change o. We hear too many stories of girls duping their boyfriends and vice versa. If she gives him the money, he dumps hers and takes off and she comes here with her story, na this same Nairalanders go abuse the babe for not being wise.
There is a fat line between a gift and a loan. If you are giving out a huge sum that you clearly want back, secure yourself jo. No need to do 'had I known' later. And as per the cost of suing him to recover your money, your suit better also ask him to cover all legal and court costs incase of a favourable judgment to avoid being shortchanged.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AZeD1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ayee Idris: I can't believe all the readers suggesting that it is better to lie and come up with some excuse not to give him the money if the girl doesn't trust him. Abi did I miss the memo where lying in a relationship would also lead to loss of trust. Let's face it. I don't even trust myself all of the time because I am human. Why then would I have complete blind trust in a boyfriend, when he is not infallible. The world don change o. We hear too many stories of girls duping their boyfriends and vice versa. If she gives him the money, he dumps hers and takes off and she comes here with her story, na this same Nairalanders go abuse the babe for not being wise.
There is a fat line between a gift and a loan. If you are giving out a huge sum that you clearly want back, secure yourself jo. No need to do 'had I known' later. And as per the cost of suing him to recover your money, your suit better also ask him to cover all legal and court costs incase of a favourable judgment to avoid me shortchanged.
Will signing a document stop the guy from duping her if that was his intention?
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by UyiIredia(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ freecocoa: Very very good. Watch 'Street Court' and see how ladies get scolded or lose xases for not getting IOU's. I have no problems signing or asking for a signed IOU before getting or lending money. It will lend credence to you if the matter gets to the police. Peace.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
A-ZeD:

Will signing a document stop the guy from duping her if that was his intention?

It won't but will better her chances of recovering her money afer being duped.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AZeD1(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

It won't but will better her chances of recovering her money afer being duped.
Says who? Even banks get duped you know
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ayee Idris: I can't believe all the readers suggesting that it is better to lie and come up with some excuse not to give him the money if the girl doesn't trust him. Abi did I miss the memo where lying in a relationship would also lead to loss of trust. Let's face it. I don't even trust myself all of the time because I am human. Why then would I have complete blind trust in a boyfriend, when he is not infallible. The world don change o. We hear too many stories of girls duping their boyfriends and vice versa. If she gives him the money, he dumps hers and takes off and she comes here with her story, na this same Nairalanders go abuse the babe for not being wise.
There is a fat line between a gift and a loan. If you are giving out a huge sum that you clearly want back, secure yourself jo. No need to do 'had I known' later. And as per the cost of suing him to recover your money, your suit better also ask him to cover all legal and court costs incase of a favourable judgment to avoid me shortchanged.

How is she asking for a collateral being wise or 'securing' it with a contract wise?. You are dealing with a loved one here, not a business entity or a colleague at work whom you have no emotional/romantic feelings for. If he defaults as she suspects he would, it would merely be a pyrrhic victory if she manages to get her money back. The whole process to recover the money is not just worth it for that amount , coupled with the emotional trauma of betrayal and the stress involved.

The real wisdom is to not give the money out in this first place, or give out an amount you are comfortable with all of which still boils down to trust. Everything works on trust, forget all these talk about there is no trust again in this world. Big deals work on trust, the stock markets all work on trusts, Governments relate with each other based on trust. Politics, leadership...I could go on and on and on.

I am not naive at all I know about all the countless stories you talked about. I heard them too. But that's not the way to run your life. I most definitely don't want to be in a relationship where my gf doesn't completely trust me and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Idowuogbo(f): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Donxavier:

How is she asking for a collateral being wise or 'securing' it with a contract wise?. You are dealing with a loved one here, not a business entity or a colleague at work whom you have no emotional/romantic feelings for. If he defaults as she suspects he would, it would merely be a pyrrhic victory if she manages to get her money back. The whole process to recover the money is not just worth it for that amount , coupled with the emotional trauma of betrayal and the stress involved.

The real wisdom is to not give the money out in this first place, or give out an amount you are comfortable with all of which still boils down to trust. Everything works on trust, forget all these talk about there is no trust again in this world. Big deals work on trust, the stock markets all work on trusts, Governments relate with each other based on trust. Politics, leadership...I could go on and on and on.

I am not naive at all I know about all the countless stories you talked about. I heard them too. But that's not the way to run your life. I most definitely don't want to be in a relationship where my gf doesn't completely trust me and vice versa.
POW!!!!!! U on fire!! Gbam! Gbam! Gbamiaaaaano!!!!
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ freecocoa: Very very good. Watch 'Street Court' and see how ladies get scolded or lose xases for not getting IOU's. I have no problems signing or asking for a signed IOU before getting or lending money. It will lend credence to you if the matter gets to the police. Peace.
This is exactly the need for an IOU.its a well known fact that sentiments can kill a business.Some people are advocating that she shud have lied to him about not having any money,to me I think that is even worst.This lady is just tryin to protect her financial interest.In this present Nigeria,400k is no joke!!Money get spirit wey dey follow am, so he shudnt be surprise.Nobody wants to play a game of lose.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by LoveDecay(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
didicold: Abeg op, dont mind Mr Aboki o, men like him wont tell u d truth, until its his sister.ur relationship wit ur parents is different, u av had years of building unconditional trust, so d whole father-loan thing doznt wash.if she doesnt feel comfy wit it ,dont loan without collateral. Personally, i wouldnt loan him even with d collateral(from personal experience). All d not picking calls and so on is what we call emotional blackmail, a real hustling guy who has d intention of paying back will probably sign d IOU,use d money, return it, den treat her Bleep-up (as he perceives it). Make she no gel give am d money like dat, one should be wary of such guys with such a huge sense of entitlement.

This is the most logical statement here. Straigth to the point - no BS.

If i were the guy, i would sign the IOU. Go out use the money, pay the girl on time. That very day, i pay you -- the relationship ends.

The very moment, she asked for the legal, she demonstrated what i call hiscupus muscupis - in other words , i get sense !

But, by the grace of God , my actions will teach her more about the old saying - cunny man die, cunny man bury am !
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by freecocoa(f): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Okay update thingy, make people wey dey here dey speak english continue, as if anybody plucks money from trees that they should hand it out anyhow, ehen where was I?

So homegal came calling today, Boyfy came to meet her saying he loves her and still needs the money, truth is, he couldn't borrow from others cos they gave excuses bla bla bla and he doesn't want to go to the bank (interest issues and what not) the business he wants to invest the money in, is one of importing a container of electronics(there are others involved as well).

Their relationship is 5 months old, the dude is a teacher in a private secondary school(he's doing that but still on the lookout for something better, he has his Msc btw) and they don't live in the same cities.

Now she says she still maintains that he has to sign but he can forget about collateral, he is still forming "I don't believe you don't trust me" and says if she can't give him on trust levels then she should forget about it, my friend dey get double mind but I'm still telling her to stand her grounds.

P.S I didn't have all the details earlier(sorry).
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Idowuogbo(f): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
Correct guy! kiss
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by LoveDecay(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
freecocoa: Okay update thingy, make people wey dey here dey speak english continue, as if anybody plucks money from trees that they should hand it out anyhow, ehen where was I?

So homegal came calling today, Boyfy came to meet her saying he loves her and still needs the money, truth is, he couldn't borrow from others cos they gave excuses bla bla bla and he doesn't want to go to the bank (interest issues and what not) the business he wants to invest the money in, is one of importing a container of electronics(there are others involved as well).

Their relationship is 5 months old, the dude is a teacher in a private secondary school(he's doing that but still on the lookout for something better, he has his Msc btw) and they don't live in the same cities.

Now she says she still maintains that he has to sign but he can forget about collateral, he is still forming "I don't believe you don't trust me" and says if she can't give him on trust levels then she should forget about it, my friend dey get double mind but I'm still telling her to stand her grounds.

this changes the entire formula.

1. He is teacher - what kinda of school . British American, Greensprings... ?
2. Are they in the same social class - personally , i dont date chicks above or below my social class.... wink

If the guy teaches in one of those schools where they pay, 13K/month. She should ask for details of the business, a collateral wont be enough in this case.

There has to be proof of life' so to speak.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by chineloSA(f): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
5 months? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some people got big liver, eeehn shocked shocked shocked
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
freecocoa: Okay update thingy, make people wey dey here dey speak english continue, as if anybody plucks money from trees that they should hand it out anyhow, ehen where was I?

Does your friend know his parents?
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AyeeIdris(f): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
Donxavier:

My brother, business and love should not mix. Let's examine the options you gave. She refuses to give the money or gives him only a bit when he knows she has the whole sum.........it will still boil down to lack of trust but now stinginess and wickedness would be added to the table, cos the bros will still lament that[i] my babe has the money and she is refusing to give me or my babe has the full money but is being tight fisted with it.[/i] There is no action that he won't complain.

A lot of things work with trust, but not complete blind trust. Gone are those days where a man's word is his bond. Complete trust is reserved for God only. For man, trust with one eye open. There is a big difference between being unwilling to trust anyone and being cautious with your dealings with people that are not blood.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Free Cocoa since she is so intent on having some form of evidence can't she record the voice calls? there are a lot of apps available that record voice calls. She should drop this he must sign a contract thing abeg. The bobo can lie it's not his signature grin grin grin
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by freecocoa(f): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Oga rotten-love, I don't know how much he earns o but I'm not sure its upto 40 or even 30k from what the lady told me.

As for social class, hmm the babe na big girl cos her family dey ok(not that she depends on them but still) and she works, she's a very humble girl in nature.

Bado just sharrapp joor, this girl lost close to 800k to an ex via "lend me", you come expect her to not shine eyes? I go wound you o.tongue

Me thinks this guy wan use skills on her that's why he's still forming, nansense grin.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by freecocoa(f): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Donxavier:

Does your friend know his parents?
She doesn't know them o, she's only met a guy he said is his
cousin.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ayee Idris:

My brother, business and love should not mix. Let's examine the options you gave. She refuses to give the money or gives him only a bit when he knows she has the whole sum.........it will still boil down to lack of trust but now stinginess and wickedness would be added to the table, cos the bros will still lament that[i] my babe has the money and she is refusing to give me or my babe has the full money but is being tight fisted with it.[/i] There is no action that he won't complain.

A lot of things work with trust, but not complete blind trust. Gone are those days where a man's word is his bond. Complete trust is reserved for God only. For man, trust with one eye open. There is a big difference between being unwilling to trust anyone and being cautious with your dealings with people that are not blood.

I understand you well. She should come up with a story on how the funds are tied up, since she doesn't trust him enough to loan that amount. Chikena.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
@updated.O boy! Me I no go loan one naira even with collateral.If I get the tho,I fit just dash the amount wey I can bear.Different city you say?My mind no gree me.I gi dey fear cheesy grin Obi mmafu!!!

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by freecocoa(f): 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
DonXavier, I don't know about recording calls jare, come to even think of it.

If you are a trustworthy person, why won't you just sign the damned IOU? and even if things don't turn out the way you planned, it would be more understandable than behaving as if there's some hidden agenda that makes signing an agreement a herculean task.

Agreeing to sign will make me trust you sef, its amazing how we all see things differently.

With the kind of person this girl is sef, if her boyfriend attempted to sign, she may have even asked him not to but the way he behaved just makes her doubt him all the more. 5 months is a short time to trust someone completely, is it even wise to trust anyone a 100%? I sure doubt that.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Idowuogbo(f): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
freecocoa: Oga rotten-love, I don't know how much he earns o but I'm not sure its upto 40 or even 30k from what the lady told me.

As for social class, hmm the babe na big girl cos her family dey ok(not that she depends on them but still) and she works, she's a very humble girl in nature.

Bado just sharrapp joor, this girl lost close to 800k to an ex via "lend me", you come expect her to not shine eyes? I go wound you o.tongue

Me thinks this guy wan use skills on her that's why he's still forming, nansense grin.
I go blow u! Let d guy b abeg! If he vex dump d babe, then so b it.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by freecocoa(f): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
lynpetra: @updated.O boy! Me I no go loan one naira even with collateral.If I get the tho,I fit just dash the amount wey I can bear.Different city you say?My mind no gree me.I gi dey fear cheesy grin Obi mmafu!!!
Lmao grin, no mind people jare.

I've since learned that its not wise to listen to what most people on NL say cos they are often very unrealistic, plus most of them live outside naija so they don't understand that things hard over here.

Na faceless forum na, so most people go like form one thing one thing.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Idowuogbo(f): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
^ I see ya indirect o!

1-0
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
freecocoa: DonXavier, I don't know about recording calls jare, come to even think of it.

If you are a trustworthy person, why won't you just sign the damned IOU? and even if things don't turn out the way you planned, it would be more understandable than behaving as if there's some hidden agenda that makes signing an agreement a herculean task.

Agreeing to sign will make me trust you sef, its amazing how we all see things differently.

With the kind of person this girl is sef, if her boyfriend attempted to sign, she may have even asked him not to but the way he behaved just makes her doubt him all the more. 5 months is a short time to trust someone completely, is it even wise to trust anyone a 100%? I sure doubt that.

Thing is the IOU gives you/ her confidence. But it's nothing if the guy is actually the devil in sheeps clothing. If she doubts him she just shouldn't give him. Simple as that. We already assume the bros wont pay, that's why I asked if she knew his parents or people that he listens too that could compel him to pay up incase of default. I agree 5 months is too short for that kind of confidence. She should give him any amount she's comfortable with or forget about it and not loan anything at all.

My whole point is the whole stress of recovering the money in the instance he defaults is too stressful for 400k IOU or No IOU. It's not worth it.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AZeD1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Donxavier:

Thing is the IOU gives you/ her confidence. But it's nothing if the guy is actually the devil in sheeps clothing. If she doubts him she just shouldn't give him. Simple as that. We already assume the bros wont pay, that's why I asked if she knew his parents or people that he listens too that could compel him to pay up incase of default. I agree 5 months is too short for that kind of confidence. She should give him any amount she's comfortable with or forget about it and not loan anything at all.

My whole point is the whole stress of recovering the money in the instance he defaults is too stressful for 400k IOU or No IOU. It's not worth it.
God bless you. If the guy doesn't have the intention of paying back, there is no amount of IOU he signs that will make him pay back.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by AZeD1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Oh and for some that earns about 40K, what is she going to do with the IOU note because assuming the business fails, there is no way the guy will be able to pay back.
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
A-ZeD:

God bless you. If the guy doesn't have the intention of paying back, there is no amount of IOU he signs that will make him pay back.

Thanks cheesy
Re: She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
A-ZeD:
Oh and for some that earns about 40K, what is she going to do with the IOU note because assuming the business fails, there is no way the guy will be able to pay back.

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Posts Controversial Picture Of Himself And Female Partner After Sex. / Beautiful Fat Lady With Big Tummy & Big Hips Shows Her Dance Moves (photos) / Who Remembers When This Soap Opera Was Hot On TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.