Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

To All Atheists. Once And For All.. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Atheists. Once And For All.. (10739 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / All atheists worship and rever God / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
wiegraf:

You seem confused, insults where? Those are facts, objectively so. With thinking like that you probably still answer "president of 9ja!" when asked what do you want to be when you grow up.

I have wasted enough time on you mor.ons btw, and there's obviously nothing to gain. So please, do ignore.

You are a fool and an idio.t. That's a fact, objectively so. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

@ Jayrginal and wiegraf: Are you guys based in Lagos? Ghostofsparta is inviting dudes to test his claim of the existence of jazz. He has gotten folks from where he lives in Ogun to agree to allow their jazz be tested and recorded. Are you willing to come ?

They won't come. Its all tricks. Even if you place the jazz on them and its tested on them, its still a trick. They are all close minded atheists who are scared their strongly held belief system may be proven wrong.

They are in no way different from the religionists they so much vilify. That's why I don't call myself an atheist atimes. I don't want to be grouped with these kind of people.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

They won't come. Its all tricks. Even if you place the jazz on them and its tested on them, its still a trick. They are all close minded atheists who are scared their strongly held belief system may be proven wrong.

They are in no way different from the religionists they so much villify. That's why I don't call myself an atheist atimes. I don't want to be grouped with these kind of people.

Another bolaino.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

Another bolaino.

Lol, no bro. I'm not bolaino. I will never revert to that nonsense called religion. All I'm saying is, this guy claims to have something. Uve not even taken a look at it and ure dismissing it already saying its trick or someone has also done it before. This in my opinion is not sensible and not open mindedness.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by wiegraf: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

You are a fool and an idio.t. That's a fact, objectively so. Makes sense, doesn't it?

No it doesn't, but enjoy your folly.

Listen, you're genuinely.....foo.lish. That's not my fault...

For one, openminded != gullible and m.oronic. That's already been pointed out btw

Anyways, this time I'll really leave y'all alone to your stellar reasoning. I'll go pretend to be mature elsewhere
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Ranchhoddas: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
jayriginal:

Why will I consume such? As for a random guy, why should I trust that?

Look the point is that there are people known to do such things. No jazz/juju is necessary to explain these things.
are u sacred of being convinced?you will have to be the random guy or else u leave me no choice than to conclude that u and ur so called atheist brethren are living in denial
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by jayriginal: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

@ Jayrginal and wiegraf: Are you guys based in Lagos? Ghostofsparta is inviting dudes to test his claim of the existence of jazz. He has gotten folks from where he lives in Ogun to agree to allow their jazz be tested and recorded. Are you willing to come ?

Unfortunately Im not based in Lagos. Im rather interested in these sort of things.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
wiegraf:

No it doesn't, but enjoy your folly.

Listen, you're genuinely.....foo.lish. That's not my fault...

For one, openminded != gullible and m.oronic. That's already been pointed out btw

Anyways, this time I'll really leave y'all alone to your stellar reasoning. I'll go pretend to be mature elsewhere

Lol, read the bolded again and go back to read your previous message.

That I'm openminded doesn't mean I'll accept whatever the guy says. I've not told you I believe in jazz myself. I chatted with ghostofsparta and made my stance known to him. I will never however dismiss what proof he has until I examine the proof.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by jayriginal: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ranchhoddas: are u sacred of being convinced?you will have to be the random guy or else u leave me no choice than to conclude that u and ur so called atheist brethren are living in denial

I have no idea of what you are saying. Why will I be scared of being convinced? So if a person brings a poisonous snake to me and tells me a ring will protect me, I should pick the snake up so as to be convinced? Does this make sense to you?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
jayriginal:

Unfortunately Im not based in Lagos. Im rather interested in these sort of things.

At least, this is someone sensible talking. He would had loved to see it himself had He been in lagos.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Ranchhoddas: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

They are in no way different from the religionists they so much vilify. That's why I don't call myself an atheist atimes. I don't want to be grouped with these kind of people.
i just cannot understand this type of closed-mindedness.simple test and see and they are all claiming that you have to be dumb to believe what you seen and experienced.i cannot help but wonder who the dumb ones really are
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Ranchhoddas: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
jayriginal:

I have no idea of what you are saying. Why will I be scared of being convinced? So if a person brings a poisonous snake to me and tells me a ring will protect me, I should pick the snake up so as to be convinced? Does this make sense to you?
so that's why u dismiss it before even looking at it.i can think of only one word for that-COWARDICE
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ranchhoddas: i just cannot understand this type of closed-mindedness.simple test and see and they are all claiming that you have to be dumb to believe what you seen and experienced.i cannot help but wonder who the dumb ones really are

And for disagreeing with them, you become a moro.n.

No one is foolish here, I'll be the first to dismiss it if I find out what he calls proof is just a trick or pure nonsense. But I will never do that without even examining the proof.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by nnofaith: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
If you want to see cool tricks tune to Criss Angels or David Copperfield.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by wiegraf: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Correction. Can't help it...

rationalmind:

Lol, read the bolded again and go back to read your previous message.

That I'm openminded doesn't mean I'll accept whatever the guy says. I've not told you I believe in jazz myself. I chatted with ghostofsparta and made my stance known to him. I will never however dismiss what proof he has until I examine the proof.

The bolded is correct, even for us. Being openminded does not mean you have to accept what I say, for instance. That's silly

rationalmind:

And for disagreeing with them, you become a moro.n.

No one is foolish here, I'll be the first to dismiss it if I find out what he calls proof is just a trick or pure nonsense. But I will never do that without even examining the proof.

But this bolded is....foo.lish. That's not why you're a m.oron. If you really can't tell why we dismiss this nonsense, after all this, then.... you see my point?

Well, you don't.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by wiegraf: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
nnofaith: If you want to see cool tricks tune to Criss Angels or David Copperfield.

Derren Brown

But his tricks actually require attention.... They are not cheap, just look and wow tricks..

Not that these are cheap mind you.. That guy on discovery though, the one with arab decent, cheap...
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, no bro. I'm not bolaino. I will never revert to that nonsense called religion. All I'm saying is, this guy claims to have something. Uve not even taken a look at it and ure dismissing it already saying its trick or someone has also done it before. This in my opinion is not sensible and not open mindedness.

Lol. What's your definition of being open-minded?

Sorry, I've seen this before and I'm not interested in flying carpets and texting demons. Wait, you dismiss texting demons too? You close-minded hypocrite.

Anyone who's interested can go visit foly's place at their own peril. Just make sure you're not Igbo and feel free to claim another moniker.

NB: Most of the arguments here aren't new... I'd provide you a link soon.

edit: https://www.nairaland.com/1230142/missing-joystick...real-spiritual-phenomenon-urban
Go through the link and notice the pattern.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by nnofaith: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
wiegraf:

Derren Brown

But his tricks actually require attention.... They are not cheap, just look and wow tricks..

Not that these are cheap mind you.. That guy on discovery though, the one with arab decent, cheap...
May be we should embrace oyinbo spirituality because Criss Angels is one mean magician going by follycraze's logic
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
jayriginal:

No, I fail to see the difference.

Why can you not use your Kanoko to go to the US and give James Randi a ride in the very same Kanoko? According to you, all you need to do is press a button. Whats stopping you then?

If anyone is insincere here, its you.

That money is yours. Use the force (of Kanoko of course). #Rhymesglalore

Another insincerity with false accusation. Where did I claim to have kanako? Or is that Osanyin huh?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by jayriginal: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ranchhoddas: so that's why u dismiss it before even looking at it.i can think of only one word for that-COWARDICE

Oh so Im a coward?

What part of what I have said is difficult for you to comprehend? I even gave you an example which incidentally you havent responded to.

Now, if I brought acid to you and told you to drink it and that as long as you crossed your legs and sat on a velvet couch, the acid wouldnt harm you, would you drink it?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by jayriginal: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Another insincerity with false accusation. Where did I claim to have kanako? Or is that Osanyin huh?

Ah ok. My mistake. It was actually ghost of sparta. Its hard for me to distinguish between two of you.

Well, you can hook up with him then and both of you can fly to see the Amazing Randi.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by wiegraf: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
nnofaith: May be we should embrace oyinbo spirituality because Criss Angels is one mean magician going by follycraze's logic

Good point. However, how would we be able to call people closeminded and sellouts if we do that?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by ghostofsparta(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Plaeton and those who think if modern science can analyse and replicate feats achieved by the application of 'YAS', therefore therefore there is some sort of scientific tricks behind whatever is purported to be juju/jazz :

First of all,

How I wish I had the funding to finish my book.

In it, I explained that science as we know it is inherently incapable of breaking down feats, if proved to be 'Supernatural'.

Often times I weep inside knowing what I have seen and yet skeptics, atheists and scientists like James Randi, Carl Sagan, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins etc, with their volcanoes of knowledge strongly believe science can provide all answers to our reality. Ofcourse religion can't and so is modern science as we know it, is inherently incapable of explaining all phenomenon. I so wish the whole world sees the kind of supernatural feats mastered by ancient pagan Yorubas of old, of esoteric knowledges still in possession of us few who have returned or returning back to understand our ancestral believe systems.

If they see and experience, then surely will either science be redefined or left to cater for the physical world. Those of you invoking the vague and incoherent science of quantum to explain a term I hate to use 'spirituality' or 'spirit' (there's no such thing as far as I can be concerned), can quantum mechanics and other useless scientific theories such as that of gravity and conservation of matter/energy explain a coin tossed up and when grabbed in mid air becomes another object, mostly weapon such as ida (native sword) and at times gun. I have my metaphysical explanation for these deeds, borrowing very little of scientific explanation sometimes. A human moving through solid wall live in front of you or changing to an insect. (yeah another crazy claim abi). Okay, plaetton explain to me why gravity accelerating at 9.8ms^2 failed to bring down a jazzed gourd staying still in mid air after been thrown up? How would their foolish science that claims to have every clue on how the univere operates proffer a theory to explain an act inwhich during a school football match turned freefight, one of the local student traced a gun symbol on the sandfield, spoke some abracadabra and tapped the drawing and a locally made pistol emerged from it? How will any Albert Einstein explain many many of these jazz in action. There are people who have done jazz to such extent that when their photograph s taken, they will be missing against the background. How can Chemistry explain fire lit and placed on top of our normal drinking water.

Even if the US military somehow developed a pseudo-invisibility tech with the costly application of their understanding of quantum, photons and whatever, how can they achieve teleportation? A feat that native pagans here have it in various versions, thing is they hoard these knowledges, and at times render for those who always turn out to apply it towards crime.

@Folykaze
Remember I told you, that you lack certain level of interpretative insight in responding to these rigid lots. Ofcourse I too can dismiss Osayin on the basis of someone throwing his/her voice towards the carving from a distant (VR BTW, Osayin is not carving per se. I wouldn't go into that now. But
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by UyiIredia(m): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

Another bolaino.

Shigting scope. I wish you were in the country to come and verfy. We need at least 2 respected Nairaland atheists as witnesses. Weigraf has chickened out.

@ plaetton: Are you available to test these claims ?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by UyiIredia(m): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

Another bolaino.

Shifting scope. I wish you were in the country to come and verify. We need at least 2 respected Nairaland atheists as witnesses. Weigraf has chickened out.

Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by UyiIredia(m): 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
nnofaith: Criss Angels does neater tricks!

But we know how a number of them are done. Or we can make reasonable speculations. More importantly we know it so because he doesn't admit its voodoo, just a neatly done illusion. At least, let's see if they can do these 'tricks'.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Gamer mean he loves playing fool on people. Nigerian dictionary.

When your gal tells you she game you....then you are atm or bumboy.

What do you call a Fifa13 addict? Gameboy?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Shifting scope. I wish you were in the country to come and verify. We need at least 2 respected Nairaland atheists as witnesses. Weigraf has chickened out.

Of course, if I were, you wouldn't see me close to Folykaze. Why should I associate with mor0ns?
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

What do you call a Fifa13 addict? Gameboy?
Na una get time .
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
aManFromMars:
Na una get time .

I'll rather believe in the bible than this yoruba spirituality nonsense!!!

@folykaze The day you'll send me any email with your Yoruba jazz without a fone or a lappy then we can have a conversation.

In this 21st century?? Why you never use ur waltzing through walls and travelling jazz to appear in CNN's live news? That will put you and your ancestors on the world map. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I'll rather believe in the bible than this yoruba spirituality nonsense!!!

@folykaze The day you'll send me any email with your Yoruba jazz without a fone or a lappy then we can have a conversation.

In this 21st century?? Why you never use ur waltzing through walls and travelling jazz to appear in CNN's live news? That will put you and your ancestors on the world map. Rubbish!

People in desperate search for an identity.... I don't blame them.
Re: To All Atheists. Once And For All.. by nnofaith: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Question is, if yoruba pple had these supernatural powers how come the white people conqured and colonized us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Describe Your Church In One Word? / Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.