Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. (9539 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

At least you have learned a thing or two about "history" today. smiley

That's got to count for something.

cool

Actually... not really. Some inaccuracies....But, u try. Still think all Christian churches are steeped in 'evil' (according to the OP's definition of 'evil'). Y'all should become Witnesses.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
I dont know Whether You have two Monickers,but someone i was chatting with sometime ago on this section,quoted the Exact passage you quoted........
Like i told the Person,not Unless you stay in your house and Worship by yourself alone,You sure should do yourself a favour by answering the question bro!!

Which time did I suddenly become your "bro"?

See you will do yourself a biiiig favour by finding out about the Church of Jesus Christ that consists of all believers/disciples of all ages and everywhere globally.

Let me give you an example from a post by a brother: https://www.nairaland.com/1140562/true-church

Ihedinobi: ... Then an amazing thing happened: A small band of Japanese visited the little mission chapel at Nagasaki and caught the eye of Father, later Bishop, Petitjean, by their unusually pious demeanor. Conversing with them, he was dumbfounded to learn that they were believing Christians who had secretly managed to hold onto the essentials of the Christian faith for two centuries, although without priests and totally isolated from the outside world. Other groups of these crypto-Christians were gradually discovered scattered in the islands and mountains around Nagasaki - numbering in all some ten thousand. Their organisation was almost everywhere the same: Usually there were two male leaders who conducted the prayers every Sunday, baptized, and ministered consolation to the dying.

When news of this reached the ears of the Japanese authorities they reacted with fury, for Christianity was still a proscribed religion. They meted out cruel punishment to these heroic believers, some of whom died, while others went into exile.

World opinion stirred up by press reports, however, finally brought an end to the persecution, and in 1889 complete freedom of worship was granted in the new constitution.

You see that? No priests, no "popes"! BUT they are still members of my Church, members of the Christian Church.

I know that the Roman Catholic Church will not allow such to share in "the eucharist" BUT they are welcome to 'holy communion' with me anytime! smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

Actually... not really. Some inaccuracies....But, u try. Still think all Christian churches are steeped in 'evil' (according to the OP's definition of 'evil'). Y'all should become Witnesses.

Yeah, now you know about Athanasius' letter which you probably had never heard of; so free "history" lesson there.

You also learned better about Carthage, Jerome, Gregory, Cajetan etc.

I have been quite generous. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think every catholic will go to hell.
I detest some of these teachings myself, but I don't think it is enough reason to arrive at such conclusion.
u mean someone can practice idolatry and still enter heaven? It means anybody can stroll into heaven irrespective of whatever sin they indulged in then. If u read the scripture in my first post carefully, u wont be saying this.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

Yeah, now you know about Athanasius' letter which you probably had never heard of; so free "history" lesson there.

You also learned better about Carthage, Jerome, Gregory, Cajetan etc.

I have been quite generous. smiley

grin You were wrong about Jerome; I pointed that out nicely. Still haven't gotten round to reading about Gregory and Cajetan.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Let me show one further generosity especially about the canon identified by Athanasius being now denigrated by our friends as "private" or "unofficial". Yeah, right! lol grin

From another I made earlier - see what some people who even have a stronger claim than Roman Catholics to be called "the Catholic Church" say:

And naturally, the Eastern orthodox (unlike the Roman Catholics) give quite some respect to Athanasius' role in developing the canon of the Bible. Well, he was one of theirs after all. wink

From http://www.pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/orthodox_catechism_of_philaret.htm#ii.xv.iii.i.p41

The Longer Catechism of The Orthodox, Catholic, Eastern Church

31. How many are the books of the Old Testament?

St. Cyril of Jerusalem, St. Athanasius the Great, and St. John Damascene reckon them at twenty-two, agreeing therein with the Jews, who so reckon them in the original Hebrew tongue. (Athanas. Ep. xxxix. De Test.; J. Damasc. Theol. lib. iv. c. 17.)

33. How do St. Cyril and St. Athanasius enumerate the books of the Old Testament?

As follows: 1, The book of Genesis; 2, Exodus; 3, Leviticus; 4, the book of Numbers; 5, Deuteronomy; 6, the book of Jesus the son of Nun; 7, the book of Judges, and with it, as an appendix, the book of Ruth; 8, the first and second books of Kings, as two parts of one book; 9, the third and fourth books of Kings; 10, the first and second books of Paralipomena; 11, the first book of Esdras, and the second, or, as it is entitled in Greek, the book of Nehemiah; 12, the book of Esther; 13, the book of Job; 14, the Psalms; 15, the Proverbs of Solomon; 16, Ecclesiastes, also by Solomon; 17, the Song of Songs, also by Solomon; 18, the book of the Prophet Isaiah; 19, of Jeremiah; 20, of Ezekiel; 21, of Daniel; 22, of the Twelve Prophets.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

grin You were wrong about Jerome; I pointed that out nicely. Still haven't gotten round to reading about Gregory and Cajetan.

Nope, I was not wrong whatsoever. You need to sharpen your comprehension my good mucker. smiley

Read again what I wrote. And of course if we want to point to who was "wrong" you will have to admit to how much you were truly ignorant until you came across me today. wink

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorised by the order of Dowager Empress Irene of constantinopole, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son Constantine VI, and she called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply idolatry in the bible and is severely condemned (read exodus 20:4, 3:17, deuteronomy 27:15, psalm 115).
Olodo when people make claims like this they should try and attach links to credible sites to back up their claims.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ Enigma: Oh dear.... Did you miss what I wrote about the Old Testament already being in use by the Jews who compiled it into two parts, the Law (the Torah) and the Prophets even before Christianity came along?

What we've been arguing (I believe) is the origins of the Christian Bible (comprising the Old and the New Testament.)
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
I must point out here that the canon proposed by Athanasius did not include the book of Esther and included books like Baruch and the letter of Jeremiah.The OT canon is not identical to the jewish canon and is not adopted by any of the churches today

Athanasius on the Canon

Athanasius of Alexandria (A.D. 296-373) was the most prominent theologian of the fourth century, and he served as bishop of Alexandria. His list of canonical books was published as part of his Thirty-Ninth Festal Epistle of A.D. 367. After the list he declares, “these are the wells of salvation, so that he who thirsts may be satisfied with the sayings in these. Let no one add to these. Let nothing be taken away.”

From his Thirty-Ninth Festal Epistle, A.D. 367.

The Greek text here is according to Johannes Kirchhofer, Quellensammlung zur Geschichte des Neutestamentlichen Kanons bis auf Hieronymus (Zürich: Meyer and Zeller, 1844), pp. 7-9. The English translation is based upon the version published in A Select Library of the Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers of the Christian Church, Second Series, vol. 4 (New York: 1892), pp. 550-5, slightly revised.

Περὶ τῶν θείων γραφῶν.

Concerning the Divine Scriptures

Ἀλλ' ἐπειδὴ περὶ μὲν τῶν αἱρετικῶν ἐμνήσθημεν, ὡς νεκρῶν· περὶ δὲ ἡμῶν ὡς ἐχόντων πρὸς σωτηρίαν τὰς θείας γραφάς· καὶ φοβοῦμαι μήπως, ὡς ἔγραψεν Κορινθίοις Παῦλος, ὀλίγοι τῶν ἀκεραίων ἀπὸ τῆς ἁπλότητος καὶ τῆς ἁγιότητος πλανηθῶσιν, ἀπὸ τῆς πανουργίας τινῶν ἀνθρώπων, καὶ λοιπὸν ἐντυγχάνειν ἑτέρους ἄρξωνται, τοῖς λεγομένοις ἀποκρύφοις, ἀπατώμενοι τῇ ὁμωνυμίᾳ τῶν ἀληθῶν βιβλίων· παρακαλῶ ἀνέχεσθαι εἰ περὶ ὧν ἐπίστασθε, περὶ τούτων κἀγὼ μνημονεύων γράφω, διάτε τὴν ἀνάγκην καὶ τὸ χρήσιμον τῆς ἐκκλησίας.

2. But since we have made mention of heretics as dead, but of ourselves as possessing the Divine Scriptures for salvation; and since I fear lest, as Paul wrote to the Corinthians, some few of the simple should be beguiled from their simplicity and purity, by the subtilty of certain men, and should henceforth read other books—those called apocryphal—led astray by the similarity of their names with the true books; I beseech you to bear patiently, if I also write, by way of remembrance, of matters with which you are acquainted, influenced by the need and advantage of the Church.

Μέλλων δὲ τούτων μνημονεύειν, χρήσομαι πρὸς σύστασιν τῆς ἐμαυτοῦ τόλμης τῷ τύπῳ τοῦ εὐαγγελιστοῦ Λουκᾶ· λέγων καὶ αὐτός· Ἐπειδή περιτινες ἐπεχείρησαν ἀνατάξασθαι ἑαυτοῖς τὰ λεγόμενα ἀπόκρυφα, καὶ ἐπιμῖξαι ταῦτα τῇ θεοπνεύστῳ γραφῇ, περὶ ἧς ἐπληφορήθημεν, καθὼς παρέδοσαν τοῖς πατράσιν οἱ ἀπ' ἀρχῆς αὐτόπται καὶ ὑπηρέται γενόμενοι τοῦ λόγου· ἔδοξεν κἀμοί προτραπέντι παρὰ γνησίων ἀδελφῶν, καὶ μαθόντι ἄνωθεν ἑξῆς ἐκθέσθαι τὰ κανονιζόμενα καὶ παραδοθέντα πιστευθέντα τε θεῖα εἶναι βιβλία· ἵνα ἕκαστος· εἰ μὲν ἠπατήθη, καταγνῷ τῶν πλανησάντων· ὁ δὲ καθαρὸς διαμείνας, χαίρῃ πάλιν ὑπομιμνησκόμενος.

3. In proceeding to make mention of these things, I shall adopt, to commend my undertaking, the pattern of Luke the evangelist, saying on my own account, Forasmuch as some have taken in hand to reduce into order for themselves the books termed Apocryphal, and to mix them up with the divinely inspired Scripture, concerning which we have been fully persuaded, as they who from the beginning were eye-witnesses and ministers of the Word, delivered to the Fathers; it seemed good to me also, having been urged thereto by true brethren, and having learned from the beginning, to set before you the books included in the Canon, and handed down, and accredited as divine; to the end that anyone who has fallen into error may condemn those who have led them astray; and that he who has continued steadfast in purity may again rejoice, having these things brought to his remembrance.

Ἔτι τοίνυν τῆς μὲν παλαιᾶς διαθήκης βιβλία τῷ ἀριθμῷ τὰ πάντα εἰκοσιδύο· τοσαῦτα γάρ, ὡς ἤκουσα, καὶ τὰ στοιχεῖα τὰ παρ' Ἑβραίοις εἶναι παραδέδονται. τῇ δὲ τάξει καὶ τῷ ὀνόματι ἔστιν ἕκαστον οὕτως· πρῶτον Γένεσις, εἶτα Ἔξοδος, εἶτα Λευιτικόν, καὶ μετὰ τοῦτο Ἀριθμοί, καὶ λοιπόν τὸ ∆ευτερονόμιον· ἑξῆς δὲ τούτοις ἐστὶν Ἰησοῦ ὁ τοῦ Ναυῆ, καὶ Κριταί. καὶ μετὰ τοῦτο ἡ Ρούθ. καὶ πάλιν ἑξῆς Βασιλειῶν τέσσαρα βιβλία· καὶ τούτων τὸ μὲν πρῶτον καὶ δεύτερον εἰς ἓν βιβλίον ἀριθμεῖται· τὸ δὲ τρίτον καὶ τέταρτον ὁμοίως εἰς ἕν· μετὰ δὲ ταῦτα Παραλειπόμενα α καὶ β, ὁμοίως εἰς ἓν βιβλίον ἀριθμούμενα, εἶτα Ἔσδρας α καὶ β ὁμοίως εἰς ἕν, μετὰ δὲ ταῦτα βίβλος Ψαλμῶν, καὶ ἑξῆς Παροιμίαι. εἶτα Ἐκκλησιαστής, καὶ Ἆσμα ᾀσμάτων. πρὸς τούτοις ἔστι καὶ Ἰώβ, καὶ λοιπόν Προφῆται· οἱ μὲν δώδεκα εἰς ἓν βιβλίον ἀριθμούμενοι. εἶτα Ἡσαΐας, Ἱερεμίας, καὶ σὺν αὐτῷ Βαρούχ, Θρῆνοι καὶ ἐπιστολή, καὶ μετ' αὐτὸν Ἐζεκιὴλ καὶ ∆ανιήλ. ἄχρι τούτων τὰ τῆς παλαιᾶς διαθήκης ἵσταται.

4. There are, then, of the Old Testament, twenty-two books in number; for, as I have heard, it is handed down that this is the number of the letters among the Hebrews; their respective order and names being as follows. The first is Genesis, then Exodus, next Leviticus, after that Numbers, and then Deuteronomy. Following these there is Joshua the son of Nun, then Judges, then Ruth. And again, after these four books of Kings, the first and second 1 being reckoned as one book, and so likewise the third and fourth 2 as one book. And again, the first and second of the Chronicles are reckoned as one book. Again Ezra, the first and second 3 are similarly one book. After these there is the book of Psalms, then the Proverbs, next Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Songs. Job follows, then the Prophets, the Twelve [minor prophets] being reckoned as one book. Then Isaiah, one book, then Jeremiah with Baruch, Lamentations and the Epistle, one book; afterwards Ezekiel and Daniel, each one book. Thus far constitutes the Old Testament.

Τὰ δὲ τῆς καινῆς πάλιν οὐκ ὀκνητέον εἰπεῖν· ἔστι γὰρ ταῦτα. εὐαγγέλια τέσσαρα· κατὰ Ματθαῖον, κατὰ Μάρκον, κατὰ Λουκᾶν, κατὰ Ἰωάννην. εἶτα μετὰ ταῦτα Πράξεις ἀποστόλων, καὶ ἐπιστολαὶ καθολικαὶ καλούμεναι τῶν ἀποστόλων ἑπτά· οὕτως μὲν α. [Ἰακώβου] Πέτρου δὲ β. εἶτα Ἰωάννου γ. καὶ μετὰ ταύτας Ἰούδα α. πρὸς τούτοις Παύλου ἀποστόλου εἰσὶν ἐπιστολαὶ δεκατέσσαρες, τῇ τάξει γραφόμεναι οὕτως· πρώτη πρὸς Ρωμαίους· εἶτα πρὸς Κορινθίους δύο. καὶ μετὰ ταῦτα πρὸς Γαλάτας. καὶ ἑξῆς πρὸς Ἐφεσίους. εἶτα πρὸς Φιλιππησίους καὶ πρὸς Κολοσσαεῖς. καὶ μετὰ ταῦτας πρὸς Θεσσαλονικεῖς δύο· καὶ ἡ πρὸς Ἑβραίους· καὶ εὐθὺς πρὸς μὲν Τιμόθεον δύο· πρὸς δὲ Τίτον μία. καὶ τελευταία ἡ πρὸς Φιλήμονα. καὶ πάλιν Ἰωάννου Ἀποκάλυψις.

5. Again, it is not tedious to speak of the books of the New Testament. These are: the four Gospels, according to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. After these, The Acts of the Apostles, and the seven epistles called Catholic: of James, one; of Peter, two, of John, three; after these, one of Jude. In addition, there are fourteen epistles of Paul the apostle, written in this order: the first, to the Romans; then, two to the Corinthians; after these, to the Galatians; next, to the Ephesians, then, to the Philippians; then, to the Colossians; after these, two of the Thessalonians; and that to the Hebrews; and again, two to Timothy; one to Titus; and lastly, that to Philemon. And besides, the Revelation of John.

Ταῦτα πηγαὶ τοῦ σωτηρίου, ὥστε τὸν διψῶντα ἐμφορεῖσθαι τῶν ἐν τούτοις λογίων· ἐν τούτοις μόνοις τὸ τῆς εὐσεβείας διδασκαλεῖον εὐαγγελίζεται. μηδεὶς τούτοις ἐπιβαλλέτω, μη δὲ τούτων ἀφαιρείσθω τι. περὶ δὲ τούτων ὁ κύριος Σαδδουκαίους μὲν ἐδυσώπει, λέγων· πλανᾶσθε μὴ εἰδότες τὰς γραφὰς. τοῖς δὲ Ἰουδαίοις παρῄνει· ερευνᾶτε τὰς γραφάς· ὅτι αὐταί εἰσι αἱ μαρτυροῦσαι περὶ ἐμοῦ.

6. These are the fountains of salvation, that he who thirsts may be satisfied with the living words they contain. In these alone the teaching of godliness is proclaimed. Let no one add to these; let nothing be taken away from them. For concerning these the Lord put to shame the Sadducees, and said, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures. And he reproved the Jews, saying, Search the Scriptures, for these are they that testify of me.

Ἀλλ' ἕνεκά γε πλείονος ἀκριβείας προστίθημι καὶ τοῦτο γράφων ἀναγκαίως· ὡς ὅτι ἔστιν καὶ ἕτερα βιβλία τούτων ἔξωθεν· οὐ κανονιζόμενα μέν τετυπωμένα δὲ παρὰ τῶν πατέρων ἀναγινώσκεσθαι τοῖς ἄρτι προσερχομένοις καὶ βουλομένοις κατηχεῖσθαι τὸν τῆς εὐσεβείας λόγον· Σοφία Σολομῶντος, καὶ Σοφία Σιρὰχ, καὶ Ἑσθὴρ, καὶ Ἰουδὶθ, καὶ Τωβίας, καὶ ∆ιδαχὴ καλουμένη τῶν ἀποστόλων, καὶ ὁ Ποιμήν. Καὶ ὅμως ἀγαπητοί, κἀκείνων κανονιζομένων καὶ τούτων ἀναγινωσκομένων οὐδαμοῦ τῶν ἀποκρύφων μνήμη· ἀλλὰ αἱρετικῶν ἐστιν ἐπίνοια, γραφόντων μὲν ὅτε θέλουσιν αὐτά· χαριζομένων δὲ καὶ προστιθέντων αὐτοῖς χρόνους· ἵνα ὡς παλαιὰ προφέροντες, πρόφασιν ἔχωσιν ἀπατᾶν ἐκ τούτου τοὺς ἀκεραίους.

7. But for the sake of greater exactness I add this also, writing under obligation, as it were. There are other books besides these, indeed not received as canonical but having been appointed by our fathers to be read to those just approaching and wishing to be instructed in the word of godliness: Wisdom of Solomon, Wisdom of Sirach, Esther, Judith, Tobit, and that which is called the Teaching of the Apostles, and the Shepherd. But the former, my brethren, are included in the Canon, the latter being merely read; nor is there any place a mention of secret writings. But such are the invention of heretics, who indeed write them whenever they wish, bestowing upon them their approval, and assigning to them a date, that so, using them as if they were ancient writings, they find a means by which to lead astray the simple-minded.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/athanasius.html
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
chukwudi44:
Olodo when people make claims like this they should try and attach links to credible sites to back up their claims.
i thought u wud follow ur brother advice to keep quiet.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

Which time did I suddenly become your "bro"?

See you will do yourself a biiiig favour by finding out about the Church of Jesus Christ that consists of all believers/disciples of all ages and everywhere globally.

Let me give you an example from a post by a brother: https://www.nairaland.com/1140562/true-church

You see that? No priests, no "popes"! BUT they are still members of my Church, members of the Christian Church.

I know that the Roman Catholic Church will not allow such to share in "the eucharist" BUT they are welcome to 'holy communion' with me anytime! smiley

Bro,no matter How u try to disguise the question,You are still ending up Begging the Question{Petitio Principii}.....
2ndly,all you have been doing is having irrelevant conclusions{Ignoratio elenchi}....
Those your Japanese folks as you said,have a name,they have an organisation and they have people making sure that things get done......Whats Yours?{if you cant answer this simple question,that means you are not worth discussing with!}
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo: @ Enigma: Oh dear.... Did you miss what I wrote about the Old Testament already being in use by the Jews who compiled it into two parts, the Law (the Torah) and the Prophets even before Christianity came along?

What we've been arguing (I believe) is the origins of the Christian[i] Bible (comprising the [i]Old and the New Testament.)

I have not been "arguing" anything with you. What I have been doing is explaining and teaching.

Even as it is, you are better to go away and learn simple things first; the "protestants" and the Roman Catholics are agreed on the New testament (others disagree with both of them).

The disagreement between the "Protestants" and the Roman Catholics is centrally about the Apocrypha which you Roman Catholics call the Deuterocanonicals.

The secondary issue is when the books were "compiled" and by whom. And on that I have already shown that they were compiled from the apostolic age and essentially completed before there was any such thing as either "the Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.

My generosity is beginning to ebb and I'm beginning to think I should refer you to go and do your homework.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
The rosary or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit. This was copied from Hindus and Mohammedans. Catholic simply share similarities with the muslims folks. Counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is in variance with the teaching of christ-MT 6:5-13.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
Bro,no matter How u try to disguise the question,You are still ending up Begging the Question{Petitio Principii}.....
2ndly,all you have been doing is having irrelevant conclusions{Ignoratio elenchi}....
Those your Japanese folks as you said,have a name,they have an organisation and they have people making sure that things get done......Whats Yours?{if you cant answer this simple question,that means you are not worth discussing with!}

Go and learn about the Church of Christ i.e. the Church that the apostle Paul described as "those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours"

Meanwhile what was the name of the church of those Japanese people?

Who says two or three people gathered together in Jesus' name cannot have an "organisation" and make sure that they get things done?

And are you aware of the various churches that met in houses in the Bible?

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
As can be clearly seen Athanasius Apocrypha is differant from the today's protestant Apocrypha as it contains the Book of Esther while Baruch and letter of Jeremiah are included in his canon.

This canon IS NOT USED BY ANY CHURCH IN EXISTENCE TODAY
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

I have not been "arguing" anything with you. What I have been doing is explaining and teaching.

Even as it is, you are better to go away and learn simple things first; the "protestants" and the Roman Catholics are agreed on the New testament (others disagree with both of them).

The disagreement between the "Protestants" and the Roman Catholics is centrally about the Apocrypha which you Roman Catholics call the Deuterocanonicals.

The secondary issue is when the books were "compiled" and by whom. And on that I have already shown that they were compiled from the apostolic age and essentially completed before there was any such thing as either "the Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.

My generosity is beginning to ebb and I'm beginning to think I should refer you to go and do your homework.

smiley

Well...*shrugs*... No point in continuing this conversation. Especially as you can't tell the difference between translating the Bible from Hebrew to Vulgar Latin (which was what Jerome did) and formulating a new canon. You guys, keep at it. I'll just watch from the sidelines, and leave when I eventually get bored.

#Peace.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

Well...*shrugs*... No point in continuing this conversation. Especially as you can't tell the difference between translating the Bible from Hebrew to Vulgar Latin (which was what Jerome did) and formulating a new canon. You guys, keep at it. I'll just watch from the sidelines, and leave when I eventually get bored.

#Peace.

I have already been bored because you brought a fat zero to the table and contributed nothing tangible as far as I can see. You could not even show enough comprehension and/or honesty about my post which mentioned Jerome. wink

Adios! smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
@chukwudi44 and Radoillo

Bros,:
Just free this two people.....They can rant on! You can remain though,but this thread is useless,and i have seen it die as it should....
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

#Peace.

Abeg help me tell them
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon: @chukwudi44 and Radoillo

Bros,:
Just free this two people.....They can rant on! You can remain though,but this thread is useless,and i have seen it die as it should....
but the truth can never die
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Suchie(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Crazy fellow,make I go receive Holy communion jor!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: but the truth can never die
Exactly....To that effect,i want to leave you With this wise counsel:
Acts5:34-39....Stay blessed bro...
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

#Peace.

Even non-Catholics are beginning to see the dishonesty that makes we Catholics just ignore him. grin

Sorry bro...its the kinda rubbish we been facing in the past from that organism.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Crybaby still looking for comfort. grin

Oh and he and the other crybaby trying to discuss by proxy --- the posts that they do not read! wink

grin
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Anyway, why am I even surprised that crybabies are liars.

The whole edifice of Roman Catholicism is built on lies and fraud! So they are just following in the footsteps of their "fathers"! grin

cool
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma: Anyway, why am I even surprised that crybabies are liars.

The whole edifice of Roman Catholicism is built on lies and fraud! So they are just following in the footsteps of their "fathers"! grin

cool
Enigma darling, the day the catholics will meet you ourside, get ready for some gangster beating. Dem go tear cloth 'discipline' you. grin grin
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Enigma darling, the day the catholics will meet you ourside, get ready for some gangster beating. Dem go tear cloth 'discipline' you. grin grin

Why?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ishibabes

You no tross me?

Dey will take! Na that day they will know say kijipa kii ṣe awọ! grin
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ishilove: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma: Ishibabes

You no tross me?

Dey will take! Na that day they will know say kijipa kii ṣe awọ! grin
Twale!! grin

Lol cheesy
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ishilove: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

Why?
It's a joke.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by COvo(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

Who told you Dec 25 is Jesus birthday?

It's a pagan feast day and you celebrate it.
In my church we don't celebrate christmas and I'm very very proud of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Make Heaven Or Die Trying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.