Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. (9540 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo: Hey, OP, we are all going to hellfire! All of us! Catholics and Protestants! You have no idea the amount of so-called 'paganism' that survives even in the most rigid Pentecostal churche today. grin

Abeg at your spare time, find out

* Why most Christians worship on Sunday instead of Saturday, the original sabbath

* When did Christendom officially recognise Jesus as God

* When did the belief in Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit) enter Christian teachings

* What do you know about the origins of Christmas

* And the origins of Easter. Do you even know what the word 'Easter' means. I'll give you a hint - Ancient European goddess of dawn.

* Do you know the origins of 'Christian' marriage customs like 'best man' and the exchange of rings

* Do you know when the Bible started being used in its present form. Did you know it was Catholic scholars who went around collecting ancient books and debating whether or not they were 'good' enough to include in the Bible (which they were compiling)? Do you know the criteria they used to determine which books was 'good' and which was 'bad'? Did you know there was a time when the Gospel of John, the Second and Third Letters of John, Jude, Letter to the Hebrews, and Revelation were not recognized as part of Scriptures? Yes, the 'evil' Catholic church complied and edited the Bible over many centuries. So you might want to reassess the validity of that document, seeing that it was 'evil' people that bequeathed it to you. You might also want to go back and check some of the books they left out, like the Gospel of Thomas and the book of Enoch, and see why those 'evil' people decided to exclude them. Maybe they were trying to hide some 'ancient' truth from you, eh? wink

Mscheew! You are such a small-minded person. Even had the balls to call me blind and deaf.

You come up here spewing crap about hell fire and Christianity when you don't understand jack about those concepts. Keep your uninformed nose out of other people's practices and face your own.

i dnt know pls tell me more. Even If the catholic did all that, did it stop d fact that they have gone against the word of God and corrupted themselves with fetish and accursed things. They have turn their back on God and set up their own evil system which they coined as church. They need to return to the lord now for mercy and purge themselve of every defilment in which they've entangle themselves with. To make heaven is nt a joke.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

One of our "evil man-made traditions" is Christmas...and you participate in it.

You're evil then.
i celebrate the birth of jesus which is in d bible. U can go and hug transformer for all i care.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: i celebrate the birth of jesus which is in d bible. U can go and hug transformer for all i care.

Who told you Dec 25 is Jesus birthday?

It's a pagan feast day and you celebrate it.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: When the issue concerning the catholic is raised, they always talk about the canonisation of the scriptures to defend their evil man-made traditions as if canonisation of the scripture will save them. They cant even be the one wu canonised the bible because if they do, they will nt blatantly and defiantly go against its teaching like that. This will simply tell u dat catholic is a pagan infested church.

Ukuts, it will be nice if you shut up now. I'm trying to focus on the far more intellectual points Enigma is making.

@Enigma, I gotta admit I didn't quite know about disagreements between Rome and Carthage at that time. The sources I see state that Boniface, who later became the Bishop of Rome was represented at that council in Carthage.

Also I tend to agree with the guy who said that the list made by Anasthasius and others were non-canonical, non-official.

The books of the Bible (and some that didn't finally make it into the Bible) were in use and were read. Just that they were individual books, not yet compiled into the single volume we use today.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Teespice(f): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
P.O.I:

But Teespice, u no dey go church na . cheesy

Ermmm. I have noticed you.

Waka pass abeg.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: i celebrate the birth of jesus which is in d bible. U can go and hug transformer for all i care.

Oga, first-century Christians didn't celebrate Christmas and easter. I have already asked you, do u know that Easter means Eostre, a Germanic goddess of dawn and that we celebrate our Easter the same day (the day actually varies because a different calendar is used to fix the date) those ancient people celebrated the feast of Eostre?

Going by what u've been arguing, u'll have to admit that 'paganism' and 'evil' lie at the very heart of modern Christendom.

Celebration of Christmas is in the Bible, yea? Book, chapter and verse?

You want to escape all the 'paganisms'? Go join Jehovah's Witnesses. grin
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

Ukuts, it will be nice if you shut up now. I'm trying to focus on the far more intellectual points Enigma is making.

@Enigma, I gotta admit I didn't quite know about disagreements between Rome and Carthage at that time. The sources I see state that Boniface, who later became the Bishop of Rome was represented at that council in Carthage.

Also I tend to agree with the guy who said that the list made by Anasthasius and others were non-canonical, non-official.

The books of the Bible (and some that didn't finally make it into the Bible) were in use and were read. Just that they were individual books, not yet compiled into the single volume we use today.

If you are talking about what you Roman Catholics use which you "canonised" in the 16th century, then I will not really be all that bothered. Roman Catholic Bible is Roman Catholic Bible. Meanwhile even during its canonisation in the 16th century, they did not know which version of the Vulgate was accurate. So that is Roman catholic business.

A question that I have put to your fellow Roman Catholics, if Carthage had canonised the Roman Catholic Bible then why did Jerome up to 20 years later, Gregory I up to 200 years later and Cajetan up to 1400 years later(!) all not see that Carthage had "canonised" the Roman catholic Bible? wink

As for Athanasius' list, I will leave you again to read what he said as I quoted above and see if you can still say that was "unofficial". Oh, and of course as I also said, the lists of "popes" by Irenaeus, Eusebius etc must also be seen as "unofficial" with the implication that they are unreliable --- and they are what Roman Catholics are relying upon (which in any event even conflict with Jerome and Tertullian's lists). smiley

Well, the Christian Bible started being compiled during the apostolic era and the "compilation" was essentially completed before there was any such thing as "the Catholic Church" or even the Roman Catholic church.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

compile my foot. The catholic tactics are well known. They always bring the issue of the compilation of the bible to avoid the questions posed b4 them. Catholic is really a mess.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

Thank you! I am happy to be a "fool" for Christ and for the Christian Church!.

By the way, I hope you know that some of the "popes" of Roman Catholicism were murderers, heretics, inces.stuous people, adulterers etc. In other words they were worse than just being "Fool". grin

smiley
A "FOOL" means someone Who lacks good Sense or Judgement....Its a pity how people dont undastand simple English....
You said there was nothing like "Authority" among the early Christians,and i showed You that it existed then by referring You to "Acts15" ...What did you do? You started saying i was "lying deliberately or ignorant".......What does that make You? It suggests You are a Fooooool,and a Big one at that!!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

If you are talking about what you Roman Catholics use which you "canonised" in the 16th century, then I will not really be all that bothered. Roman Catholic Bible is Roman Catholic Bible. Meanwhile even during its canonisation in the 16th century, they did not know which version of the Vulgate was accurate. So that is Roman catholic business.

A question that I have put to your fellow Roman Catholics, if Carthage had canonised the Roman Catholic Bible then why did Jerome up to 20 years later, Gregory I up to 200 years later and Cajetan up to 1400 years later(!) all not see that Carthage had "canonised" the Roman catholic Bible? wink

As for Athanasius' list, I will leave you again to read what he said as I quoted above and see if you can still say that was "unofficial". Oh, and of course as I also said, the lists of "popes" by Irenaeus, Eusebius etc must also be seen as "unofficial" with the implication that they are unreliable --- and they are what Roman Catholics are relying upon (which in any event even conflict with Jerome and Tertullian's lists). smiley

Well, the Christian Bible started being compiled during the apostolic era and the "compilation" was essentially completed before there was any such thing as "the Catholic Church" or even the Roman Catholic church.

smiley

Big bro, you have mail. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

I believe I already stated i'm not Catholic. I'm not even particularly a religious person. My interest in all of this is purely academic. Christians pointing fingers and calling one another names (like the OP has been doing) is so funny i'm sick of laughing at it. And only those who haven't delved into the Church's history with critical, open minds will engage in it.

I didn't know Jerome compiled a new biblical canon. I always thought what he did was to translate the Bible into Latin (what is called the Latin Vulgate). Perhaps you should look again at your sources. Is your source objective and not anti-Catholic? Cajetan and Gregory, I'll look up when I have the time, 'cause I really don't know the roles they played in Bible-compiling history.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
A "FOOL" means someone Who lacks good Sense or Judgement....Its a pity how people dont undastand simple English....
You said there was nothing like "Authority" among the early Christians,and i showed You that it existed then by referring You to "Acts15" ...What did you do? You started saying i was "lying deliberately or ignorant".......What does that make You? It suggests You are a Fooooool,and a Big one at that!!

As I said, I don't mind being called a "FOOL"; BUT then Roman Catholic "popes" are worse because they are generally LIARS, many have been fraudsters, murderers, heretics, adulterers etc. Look, even Roman catholic bishops and historians say so! I can give you "quotes" if you want. wink

And of course you are ignorant about Acts 15 having been brainwashed by the fraudulent Roman Catholic interpretation of the passage; I would have explained it to you but it is not even worth my while.

Yep, so I am a "Fooooool"; but Roman Catholic "popes" are murderers, heretics, fraudsters, liars etc.

Ask yourself which is worse. wink

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Big bro, you have mail. smiley

Thanks, I will look into it. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: compile my foot. The catholic tactics are well known. They always bring the issue of the compilation of the bible to avoid the questions posed b4 them. Catholic is really a mess.

Oga, you are not making sense. Could you just sit back and read? smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

I believe I already stated i'm not Catholic. I'm not even particularly a religious person. My interest in all of this is purely academic. Christians pointing fingers and calling one another names (like the OP has been doing) is so funny i'm sick of laughing at it. And only those who haven't delved into the Church's history with critical, open minds will engage in it.

I didn't know Jerome compiled a new biblical canon. I always thought what he did was to translate the Bible into Latin (what is called the Latin Vulgate). Perhaps you should look again at your sources. Is your source objective and not anti-Catholic? Cajetan and Gregory, I'll look up when I have the time, 'cause I really don't know the roles they played in Bible-compiling history.

I am certain you suggested in a number of posts that you were a Catholic. And I did read your posts. wink

I would say go and do the looking up you want to do then come back and seek any further clarification you then require. On my part, I stand by what I have posted.

cool
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Oya,i don catch You!
Quote Where it is in the Bible?@bolded
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

I am certain you suggested in a number of posts that you were a Catholic. And I did read your posts. wink

I would say go and do the looking up you want to do then come back and seek any further clarification you then require. On my part, I stand by what I have posted.

cool

You find where i said that. And post the quotes here.

Or did you also misread my first post like the OP did?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
If you mean where you suggested that you were Roman Catholic, there is this post and and this post and and this post as well as one or two others where you were going on about "dogmas" and all that.

If you now tell me you are not a Roman Catholic I will take your word at face value but I have seen a lot of tricks and see through a lot of things. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Let me state here that the deuternocanons were not the only disputed books of the bible so many other books were disputed by differant church fathers.The book of hebrew,james,Jude,Revelation,1 and 2 Peter ,2 and 3 John among other books were disputed.
The book of hebrews for instance was not named as the church fathers could not agree amongst themselves about the identity of the authour

It was when the church councils eventually met and selected the books of the bibles that these objections were waved aside.

The only reason the protestants continue kicking against these books is that they were not canonised @ the jewish council of Jamnia in AD 100 where the 39 books of the current protestant OT was selected.It is noteworthy to note that this council is of jewish origin and equally rejected Jesus and the entire NT.The protestants in effect are implementing what I would call a hybrid canon(the jewish canon+ the catholic NT)

The point I am trying to make is that theearly church fathers disputed amongst themselves about the books of the bible before it was canonised as differant groups had their own idea of the canon which of course was unofficial and private until the church councils created the canon.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilegomena
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

As I said, I don't mind being called a "FOOL"; BUT then Roman Catholic "popes" are worse because they are generally LIARS, many have been fraudsters, murderers, heretics, adulterers etc. Look, even Roman catholic bishops and historians say so! I can give you "quotes" if you want. wink

And of course you are ignorant about Acts 15 having been brainwashed by the fraudulent Roman Catholic interpretation of the passage; I would have explained it to you but it is not even worth my while.

Yep, so I am a "Fooooool"; but Roman Catholic "popes" are murderers, heretics, fraudsters, liars etc.

Ask yourself which is worse. wink

smiley
Thank God You said "Popes"..............."Popes" is nobody's name!!
2ndly,i dont know What You being a "fooooool" has to do With Christ!! I see You are hell bent on condemning Catholics...But then,Be bold enough to answer this Question:
What Church do You Worship With?
If you wont answer this{of course i know You wont},Then Shut Your mouth Already....
,.....If you dont answer my question,then this follows:
If You are a Catholic on Thread,Please just keep quiet,let the thread die naturally as it should...NO COMMENTS======>The thread dies!
@OP and Enigma,you can talk urselves out!!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
2ndly,i dont know What You being a "fooooool" has to do With Christ!! I see You are hell bent on condemning Catholics...But then,Be bold enough to answer this Question:
If you wont answer this{of course i know You wont},Then Shut Your mouth Already....
If You are a Catholic on Thread,Please just keep quiet,let the thread die naturally as it should...NO COMMENTS======>The thread dies!

I am being nice to you, you just don't know. I could easily have pointed out to you that you too must have come out from the loins of a fool. wink
I chose not to but to focus on historical facts about Roman Catholic "popes" instead. smiley

As for my "church", I am part of the Church, I am part of the Christian Church. You will see my "church" anywhere you see two or three people gathered in Jesus' name. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorised by the order of Dowager Empress Irene of constantinopole, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son Constantine VI, and she called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply idolatry in the bible and is severely condemned (read exodus 20:4, 3:17, deuteronomy 27:15, psalm 115).
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
but that wont stop the truth which the topic of the thread affirm.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
I don't think every catholic will go to hell.
I detest some of these teachings myself, but I don't think it is enough reason to arrive at such conclusion.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

I am being nice to you, you just don't know. I could easily have pointed out to you that you too must have come out from the loins of a fool. wink
I chose not to but to focus on historical facts about Roman Catholic "popes" instead. smiley

As for my "church", I am part of the Church, I am part of the Christian Church. You will see my "church" anywhere you see two or three people gathered in Jesus' name. smiley
Exactly What i knew You Would say..Thats What The Previous folks has been saying,and You are not Different From Them.......
2ndly,I dont take a jibe at people,so if i called You a foool,that means You are a fooool!!
Alwaz quick to remove a speck in a another persons eyez,but You have Solid stones in Yours!!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma: If you mean where you suggested that you were Roman Catholic, there is this post and and this post and and this post as well as one or two others where you were going on about "dogmas" and all that.

If you now tell me, you are not a Roman Catholic I will take your word at face value but I have seen a lot of tricks and see through a lot of things. smiley

LOL. Its amusing that my stance on this debate is taken as evidence that I'm Catholic.The only time i have ever engaged in a religious debate on this forum, I did state that I didn't have belief in organized religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/1317012/amazing-accounts-near-death-experiences/7#19225555

Wow... Ok, I've heard a lot about reincarnation, but I never met anyone who could remember anything from a previous life. If you don't mind my asking, are you a Christian?

(If it makes it easy for you to be honest I'm kind of an agnostic. smiley )

I'm still trying to figure out how the posts you pointed out implied I was Catholic.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorised by the order of Dowager Empress Irene of constantinopole, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son Constantine VI, and she called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply idolatry in the bible and is severely condemned (read exodus 20:4, 3:17, deuteronomy 27:15, psalm 115).

You have been busy posting nothing!!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
Exactly What i knew You Would say..Thats What The Previous folks has been saying,and You are not Different From Them.......
2ndly,I dont take a jibe at people,so if i called You a foool,that means You are a fooool!!
Alwaz quick to remove a speck in a another persons eyez,but You have Solid stones in Yours!!

Just like I knew what you would say -- the same thing that the mumu ogas at the top of Roman Catholicism have brainwashed you people with.

Come let me show you my Church; please remember to first take off the Roman Catholic glasses preventing you from seeing! grin

1 Corinthians 1:2

To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

LOL. Its amusing that my stance on this debate is taken as evidence that I'm Catholic.The only time i have ever engaged in a religious debate on this forum, I did state that I didn't have belief in organized religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/1317012/amazing-accounts-near-death-experiences/7#19225555

I'm still trying to figure out how the posts you pointed out implied I was Catholic.

Like I said, if you tell me that you are not a Roman Catholic, I will take that at face value. smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

Like I said, if you tell me that you are not a Roman Catholic, I will take that at face value. smiley

*sigh* OK. Why do I bother....
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo:

*sigh* OK. Why do I bother....

At least you have learned a thing or two about "history" today. smiley

That's got to count for something.

cool
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

Just like I knew what you would say -- the same thing that the mumu ogas at the top of Roman Catholicism have brainwashed you people with.

Come let me show you my Church; please remember to first take off the Roman Catholic glasses preventing you from seeing! grin

1 Corinthians 1:2

To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours

smiley

I dont know Whether You have two Monickers,but someone i was chatting with sometime ago on this section,quoted the Exact passage you quoted........
Like i told the Person,not Unless you stay in your house and Worship by yourself alone,You sure should do yourself a favour by answering the question bro!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Make Heaven Or Die Trying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.