Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over (14396 Views)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by JAYWORLD(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2013
Why govt is fooling the masses ? They sold PHCN to various people that are in-charge of Oil and generator importation and we expect miracle. Que sera sera!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by codemasta(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2013
Here in Ibeju - lekki, it is going to 5 month now
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by docjuli(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2013
PHCN:
Good, Gooder, Goodest & Bad, Badder, Baddest.

After November 1st 2013:
Worst, Worster, Worstest
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by KelsAltair(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2013
Miss Temidire, how can you compare Naija with Canada?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by KelsAltair(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2013
I must confess,,,,I stay around iju area,,,,,d light is too much....at least....in my area...we use roughly 23hrs 30mins out of the 24hrs [/quote] baba una dey enjoy for there
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by hotwax: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2013
Same or worst.

Is it not the same infrastructure they are using?

We are just deceiving ourselves
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Ray1251(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2013
terrible here in adewole estate Ilorin 3h from 10 h university from 24h to 10 h
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
In where I stay in Enugu, we hardly get upto 8hrs these days and it all started since last week Wednesday. Previously, we used to get a whooping 20hrs atleast, buh its down d drain for Phcn from here on
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by mukoloAndy(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
In my area, BEHIND IBORI GOLF, ASABA.. the light situation has improved ... to a very good extent..... Nuttin less than 8-10 hrs a day..... Unlike the "kobo kobo 45mins - a week low current" we wer used to receiving! grin
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Ajibel(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2013
I'm currently in Iju-ishaga and I no go lie, we experience above 20hrs of power supply buh unfortunately in my new base at Aguda, we've been experiencing power drop unlike before to now 10hrs per day sad
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Ajibel(m): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Kels Altair: I must confess,,,,I stay around iju area,,,,,d light is too much....at least....in my area...we use roughly 23hrs 30mins out of the 24hrs baba una dey enjoy for there

Wa gbayi *chop knuckle* I packed out of iju cuz the light was terrible, buh nau I dey regret cry cry
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Chrisx1x(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Improvement dey o.if i say improvement nor dey na lie i lie.l just hope them nor dey use us play this time
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by jimmydaviez: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2013
Walahi 4 like two weeks now, me neva see any flash of light. Com to tink of it e b like say PHCN beta pass ooo!!!

Walahi 4 like two weeks now, me neva see any flash of light. Com to tink of it e b like say PHCN beta pass ooo!!!

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by SailorXY: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2013
Bogije & environs around the Lekki Expressway has no light for almost 6 months now, as not even a flash. That is not even amazing!
The amazing aspect is that NEPA/PHCN don't remember or deliberately/are scared to bring any bills cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by cyril10(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2013
The situation is BAD BAD BAD
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by SeyiGodspower: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Supply has considerably improved. No more incessant outages and it is no longer business as usual for the devilish and corrupt staff of the defunct PHCN. Generator which has hitherto been an essential power supply commodity is beginning to be a thing of the past. Light is now available 24/7 everywhere. Kudos to the president of Light, president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by ajoskele(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2013
Perfect,since 1986!!

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by smokeyupu(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2013
The situation has not improved and has gotten worse here in Lagos.

I have been running my generators for the past three weeks due to the eratic power supply. It comes and goes without warning (as usual) and the tariff has been increased by the "new" (?) owners without any justification whatsoever.

If the PHCN was sold off to new owners, the service is expected to improve but the reverse is the case. It's not that the supply was previously better (dont get me wrong pls) but it is now unacceptable. How can you increase the charges/rates without improving service to customers? Where is the monies from the sale? Who has it? Is it going to be used to improve our roads and current tattered infrastructure?

Nigerians are beginning to get fed up with this leadership imposed problems. What did we do to these guys in power to deserve this sort of punishment/wickedness/cold bloodedness? For how long are we goinig to continue to provide our selves with electricity, water and good health care? ALL THESE ARE SERVICES THAT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO EVERY LAW ABIDING NIGERIAN BY RIGHT but .....................

How many governors and their families sleep in the dark? How many ministers and their families pay rent and electricity bills? They all live in splendour and oppulence and totally cut off from the reality. Most of these people were ordinary Nigerians just a few years back but have now forgotten where they came from. THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT!!!!

Why do they travel abroad for medicals? Why do their children attend schoolS abroad and not here in Nigeria? Do they travel by road within the country? NO............. These days most of them have airstrips constructed in their villages for helicopters and small aircraft hence they dont care about the roads.

we cant continue like these for ever...
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by toskut(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2013
Its been horrible
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by koolJ1(f): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Electricity? What's that??
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Jorian1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Truely speaking. I stay at itam in uyo in akwa ibom state, light is 47 out of 48 hrs. Am really enjoying the liht ooo
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by feasy1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
Arnergy, a renewable Energy company is weighing out the options of providing 24/7 Power Supply to Nigerian homes. Look Arnergy up on facebook /arnergy and on Arnergy website, arnergy sit com

That's the immediate answer to 24/7 Power Supply in Nigeria
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by born2boink(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
I won't mention ogun state, no PHCN at all not to talk of power. Also in lagos, it worst supply.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by puzuwe: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
Guys, phcn was sold to the same generator and oil distributors. Now, imagine what will happen.

Worst is the cas that:
1. They are using the same staffs - meaning the foundation is very very bad.

2. They will never give out prepaid meters.....never. even if they did it will be in 2050.

Money will never be enough for our leaders, it's a course to them.

Nigerians - fight for your rights for the benefits of the children unborn. Our leaders just have to be accountable.

Hmmm....i fear Oooooooooo
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Used to have like 22hrz b4...buh now like 17hrz...lite dey now gan....lasu area lagos...
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Runaway: 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls guys always put where u r writing from, so we can have first hand info about ur area. As for my, Aduwawa in benin city, we nor no waytin dem dey call Light here o. In fact I get one shape cutlass for my huz nw, make una nor me what for.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by KelvinC1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
i have wanted nepa to take the light at least for 24hour so i can strol out but they refused... i don complain tire... am tired of this constant light na.. ASUU why na... i now knw all the tv programs and their time... up nepa @ G.R.A jos plateau state...
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by DexxyAlebs(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
who noticed the outrageous bill dey are sharing today from 600 - 1500 - 3500 - 5000 and nw 9000, awon people yii ti crase.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by slimmygold1(f): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
it is terrible,no night for d past two weeks now
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Youngpo413: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
So people still dey depend on NEPA or whatever they call it now,na wao.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Miami732: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
The change has come., before we hardly see electric power supply; talk more about making use of it.., but this this days: we've been experiencing a constant electric power supply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawan: It Is Petty To Say Corruption Thrives Under This Government / Lai Mohammed: Terrorists And Bandits Did Not Create A Caliphate In Nigeria / Elections: FG Announces Closure Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.