Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over (14394 Views)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by BrightCar: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
gbadexy: The power supply in •̸Ϟ•̸y area is terrible, we only have about two hours of electricity supply in a day and yet the still brought inflated bill that include N750 fixed charge and VAT.
I pay N5000 monthly now from the average of N2500 monthly and the power supply is even worse.
Maybe the privatization process would take some time to be fully functional but I expected a little improved service and not worse from before the hand over.
I've been skeptical about this process from the start because nothing stops these companies from offering abysmal service and charge high since we have no other option.
I really hope it would get better with time.
MY FRIEND ARE YOU WRITING A HYPOTHESIS. NO CORRELATION IN YOUR SENTENCES. angry
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by OlamideGirl(f): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Worse o.........no lite for d past 4days nw
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by ibietela2(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=30pt]WORST[/size]
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Bome01(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ebig22: stable and very good.i have light even now
U must be living in Aso rock then?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Whitecoal711: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
ajetunde: NA DIEEEE. I have never experienced electricity so poor, I've been spending 2k on generator at home in 3 days for the past 2 weeks. ABEG MAKE DEM RETURN AM TO HOW E DEY BEFORE.
Why privatise?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Bome01(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
From Bad to Worst! So Pathetic!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Bome01(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
temidire222: Power ssupply is constant here in Saskatchewan undecided
Thank u, Now we know you're in Canada! Mtcheeewww!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by khattab02: 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seyi Godspower: Supply has considerably improved. No more incessant outages and it is no longer business as usual for the devilish and corrupt staff of the defunct PHCN. Generator which has hitherto been an essential power supply commodity is beginning to be a thing of the past. Light is now available 24/7 everywhere. Kudos to the president of Light, president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
light is not available 24/7 everywhere ooo
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Fidelcruiz(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Disappeared
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nja147: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
EPE Lagos state. l have seen light twice this year 2013. And it less than an hour each time. The use of Generator is compulsory.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by creativemusic: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bad bad bad worst worst worst baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by khattab02: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
I have even lost count of when there is light and no light. I think the supply is close to 10hrs that is if you join 5hrs from 6pm or 5pm to 11pm or 10pm with the bring and take in the day.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by dasparrow: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Post

Nothing much has changed in my area. Honestly, I really want this light situation to improve in this country. Nigeria has never had constant light for as long as I have known this country. How difficult is it to provide light for the citizens of this country?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by afroluciferans: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Power has improved from 10 mins to 15 minutes a day. That's an improvement of 50% by GEJ standards. WTF!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seyi Godspower: Supply has considerably improved. No more incessant outages and it is no longer business as usual for the devilish and corrupt staff of the defunct PHCN. Generator which has hitherto been an essential power supply commodity is beginning to be a thing of the past. Light is now available 24/7 everywhere. Kudos to the president of Light, president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
So Gej has another acct on Nairaland?? undecided undecided or are yu Abati??
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by robi55(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
There is no need to panic. We are currently experiencing a shortfall in power supply due to repair works going on at the Afam VI power station. Everything will return to normal when it has been fixed, possibly before the week runs out.
bros abeg no talk dis kind tin again nd for God sake make una giv dis power contract back to phcn,they are far better dan dis tcp.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Jiteshell(f): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
From about 20hours a day to 5hours(that's if it's even up to 5)
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by guy1234: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Guys, don't u notice that we won't see d likes of :taharqa, sinnce9igerians and all d other jona guys on this kind of thread?....
They are always scared of the thruth.naija can neva have any significant improvement in any sector under any pdp arrangement.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by odizeey(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
itz_suave: . Mid nite lyt u mean
yes o
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by whyman(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
It is the worst ever for Osogbo - the seat of power! Added to that is lack of patriotism. Light just come and go anyhow. less than 1 min. - 12 hrs. It is terrible!.
Final match day - u17 World cup, just start the match and lo and behold Almighty Shylock (no PHCN again) struck. It was brought back 7hrs later. I pray this is not the beginning of exploitation galore! We don't depend on Afam - Kainji Dam straight. Maybe water is at lowest ebb ever. We fold hand they watch.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by judedwriter(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
idlaw2k3: I usually have like 20 hours of power daily.

No difference here.
really? Abeg send me your area, I wan relocate from surulere. wink
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by 9jatatafo(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
The light situation is terrible in my axis, we get light for 6 hours once in 12 days. The worst part of it is that the areas close to industrial estates (such as Odogunyan in Ikorodu) are having steady light. I heard people saying that PHCN oga @ d top have diverted our light to the industries around since the industries can provide heavy egunje (illegal payment for the diversion of light). Where is the card meter? Reporting from Ita-Oluwo/Agbede in Ikorodu, Lagos.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by robi55(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
:oThere's no powere at all now tongue
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by carrybreeze: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
WE JUST GOT A 300KVA REPLACED WITH A 500KVA. THE SAD NEWS IS THAT THE AREA BOYS HAVE REFUSED THE CONTRACTORS TO GET THE TRANSFORMER WORKING. REASON: ALL LANDLORDS MUST PAY FOR THE 'BUSH ENTRY' OF THE TRANSFORMER...TRUST CHOBA BOYS...MEKA! shocked cool
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by sheelay(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
And to think they brought 14k as bill for this month, I go kill person. Any of them wey dem born well make he come disconnect light, na stone I go take drop am from that ladder.. No light for the past 2 days, a drop from the 30mins a day for close to 2weeks, and they have the guts to bring 14k bill.... Na die dem dey.... Reporting from Orile-Iganmu, Lagos
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by afamgod(f): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Its been superb! Very wonderful! I sleep and wake with light. If they had to disconnect, it doesn't take more than 1hr before its restored. But the bill? Hmmm-#7,500. I sometimes forget that i'm in Nigeria, cos of the constant electricity supply.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by ayula44(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
my area (gbemisola adenubi str. Ago okota lagos)is the worst in nigeria.sometimes,we usually dont av light for six straight days (they're yet to break their record to make it a full week) and even wen dr is power supply,they dont usually leave leave it for up to ten minutes.sometimes,they simply flash it n at the end of d MONTH,BAM.....We pay for electricity as usual ! I'm sick of dis
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by domido(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
nat set my eye on electricity in the past one week.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by stevejoy(m): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
My area power supply is going bad...we hardly see it for 6hrs straight unlike before the taking over.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by gretafutor: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
[quote
author=ajetunde]NA DIEEEE. I have never experienced electricity so
poor, I've been spending 2k on generator at home in 3 days for the past 2
weeks.

ABEG MAKE DEM RETURN AM TO HOW E DEY BEFORE. Ishhhh[/quote]

Isrealites of old,impatience.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by jenniest(f): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ebig22: stable and very good.i have light even now
Abeg,which area is dat?here in PHC,eagle island, no show o
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by deelobe: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
I really do not understand what is going on. the situation worsened since the take over. Most days the most we enjoy electricity is for 2 hours. to my consternation, they brought the bill yesterday. I do understand that change comes with challenges but nobody is explaining anything. I leave at Palmgrove and it has been unbearable. I am saying this for those in charge. When people begin to respond it will not augur well for those in charge now. At least carry us along on what is happening.

African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram / Those Against Buhari’s Ministerial Position Are Crooks – Presidency / Falana Seeks Rejection Of Morocco’s Application To ECOWAS