Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over (14402 Views)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by ghboy: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
as big as Naija is in terms of population and economy i wonder why Energy is a serious problem in the country. please i'm not trying to start no debate or war. just want to ask what the governments (past and present) are doing to curb this problem? i read Naija ran currently on about 5000MW (please correct me if i'm wrong). if true thats very low. are there any ongoing projects to solve this? solar, hydro, thermal, coal etc.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ebig22: stable and very good.i have light even now
same here bro,infact am even praying of taking it off atleast for couple of hours.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by eluquenson(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigeria Is in total darkness undecided , its only God that can judge our malevolent govt.
I prefer we split this name Nigeria into 4 pieces cos this country is like a cursed land
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by okpeter: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yesterday, PHCN brought a bill to me total N98,960. I asked the man when last did he read my meter? He said last month. Second question, who prepared the bill, the new Private company or the old PHCN? He answered Phcn. Now how can we pay bills to a company whose Assets and Liabilities has been taken over by a new company? Next I demand for his I'd card but he was unable to present it. Then I walked him out of the compound. To worsen the issue they wrote on the bill, 'please pay in Okpanam office' if I may ask, if I eventually pay the bill, where is it going to, phcn or the new private company or the Phcn thieves who want to receive the cash in their former office ?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by possibilita(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
ever since i posted my last comment i have been borrowing phone to browse nairaland,i.e i never see light for more than 3 days.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Topshow4real: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
I cant remember the last time i pressed my cloths!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
ghboy: as big as Naija is in terms of population and economy i wonder why Energy is a serious problem in the country. please i'm not trying to start no debate or war. just want to ask what the governments (past and present) are doing to curb this problem? i read Naija ran currently on about 5000MW (please correct me if i'm wrong). if true thats very low. are there any ongoing projects to solve this? solar, hydro, thermal, coal etc.

Nigeria has a comprehensive Power Roadmap in place that's targeted at producing 30,000mw by 2020. Part of the roadmap entails splitting the inefficient state owned Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) into 6 or 7 private companies - which just occurred a couple of weeks ago - as well as a programme of power plant construction of which there are about 15 power plants being built at present, with about 5 commissioned so far. So the country is moving forward. The current lull in power is obviously due to logistic and administrative bottlenecks following the handover of PHCN to private firms. We should start to see an upward trajectory once they settle in.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by idsolar(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
we prefer to complain than taking decision. my house is 90% off nepa/phcn? i hv 24/7 light. solar is d answer. plenty people think u need millions to get solar energy/inverter, WRONG. call/mail idsolar 08098740141. idsolarpower@gmail.com
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by yogun(f): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Light is non- existent in my area, we practically live on d gen. This is a very wicked country to think that the bill also doubled, for what?? May God punish all these wickedness
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
carrybreeze: WE JUST GOT A 300KVA REPLACED WITH A 500KVA. THE SAD NEWS IS THAT THE AREA BOYS HAVE REFUSED THE CONTRACTORS TO GET THE TRANSFORMER WORKING. REASON: ALL LANDLORDS MUST PAY FOR THE 'BUSH ENTRY' OF THE TRANSFORMER...TRUST CHOBA BOYS...MEKA! shocked cool

then you guys gonna roast in darkness, no light in uniport all through today and also on Monday, same for Aluu and our transformers are intact.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by ikeno(m): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
It had been terrible @ my area cuz 4 d past 2 weeks now we av been in total blackout. I jst show there bill nd it is as crazy as ever.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by SailorXY: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
You easily detect those that lie when they say the have constant power supply yet bluntly refuse to mention the area...

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Smartabey(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
the thing don turn frm bad to worse o. Total black out here in idk 4 d last 4 days. It has neva happened b4. Dis is bad
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Livinusc(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Worse than ever,now for my side na only 45mns.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by drealdoc89(m): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
terrible!!!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Blakjewelry(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Steady power supply. Only 5-10 minute if it goes off, and it doesnt go off more than 3 or 4 times daily. Ughelli delta state.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by born2boink(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Nigeria has a comprehensive Power Roadmap in place that's targeted at producing 30,000mw by 2020. Part of the roadmap entails splitting the inefficient state owned Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) into 6 or 7 private companies - which just occurred a couple of weeks ago - as well as a programme of power plant construction of which there are about 15 power plants being built at present, with about 5 commissioned so far. So the country is moving forward. The current lull in power is obviously due to logistic and administrative bottlenecks following the handover of PHCN to private firms. We should start to see an upward trajectory once they settle in.
oyinbo po, lori ina e na
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by gbadexy(m): 6:25am On Nov 14, 2013
Someone said there is a maintenance work ongoing at afam plant and I wondered how many mega watt does the afam plant generate and do other countries experience near total blackout whenever they are doing maintenance repairs?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by possibilita(m): 6:34am On Nov 14, 2013
we got lucky last night when after expecting power for 5days we finally go it at 10:49pm,but we were disappointed at 11:00pm when they took it back.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by Tintinix: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2013
Somehow the announcement of the power rationing due to the maintainace work in Afam gas station helped set my expectation, however my area started feeling tthe impact AFTER the scheduled downtime (9th of October) however we had stocked in fuel, serviced the generator...
Our Power is fairly stable now, though the outages are not during the expected periods.. I.e. We hardly experience outages at night but we do now, though it is restored after an hour or two.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by shegzy23: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2013
for now is very bad, later everything will be alright, up Nigeria
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by MrAboki: 8:32am On Nov 14, 2013
carrybreeze: WE JUST GOT A 300KVA REPLACED WITH A 500KVA. THE SAD NEWS IS THAT THE AREA BOYS HAVE REFUSED THE CONTRACTORS TO GET THE TRANSFORMER WORKING. REASON: ALL LANDLORDS MUST PAY FOR THE 'BUSH ENTRY' OF THE TRANSFORMER...TRUST CHOBA BOYS...MEKA! shocked cool

grin

More like trust Ikwerre Boys.. grin

These fools are responsible for the backwardness of Rivers State..

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by unmask: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2013
been searching for it for over two months now.....heading to cotonou to see if I can find it there
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by HarrisonAkadidi(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
the truth is... Nigerian's are suffering
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by bsbability(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
in my own opinion, I think it's too early to judge.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by lagbaja(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
The poor power situation will be worse than previously experienced particularly for domestic users. Simple economic principles are at play. Scarce resources will be allocated to the highest bidder in order to make the highest return. The private investors are capitalists who must by all means make the highest possible returns on their investment. The allocation of electricity to different geographical area was done based on political considerations under PHCN. Now, it will be different. Priority will be given by the Gencos to the transmissson companies who are willing to pay higher whether officially or unofficlally. We all know that domestic rates are lower than commercial rates. It follows that industrial areas will be their priority for now.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by idsolar(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2013
all is left to u if u wan suffer. if they wan repair no light, if militant scata gas pipe no light, any issue at all on d productn/supply line no light. decide go green, go solar.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by idsolar(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2013
all is left to u if u wan suffer. if they wan repair no light, if militant scata gas pipe no light, any issue at all on d productn/supply line no light. decide go green, go solar
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by possibilita(m): 9:38am On Nov 15, 2013
they bring light at about 4:30am and i was happy cos i wanted to watch the Leverage season on but once i slot the disc at 5:30 this morning man na disappointment things oh,ma dvd no fit close now,
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by sheelay(m): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
possibilita: they bring light at about 4:30am and i was happy cos i wanted to watch the Leverage season on but once i slot the disc at 5:30 this morning man na disappointment things oh,ma dvd no fit close now,
Just use ur hand push am in nah
Re: How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over by possibilita(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2013
sheelay:
Just use ur hand push am in nah
if you are to have s*x with your wife or girlfriend and then when its about to start your erected joystick just drop down,will you be using your hand to push it in and out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Foresaw Kidnapping, Herdsmen Menace" – Fayose / Simon Okeke: Tinubu’s Choice Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket Anachronistic, Senseless / Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.