Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Marriage Proposal Without A Ring - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal Without A Ring (25515 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Can one propose with a small crown?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
therealMcCain: our parents did & experienced the following
1.no engagement ring
2.in some cases, no white wedding
3.had premarital sex
4.our mothers did a lot of cooking, washing etc before marriage
5.our mothers endured a lot of crap from our fathers before marriage, this includes serious beatings, verbal assault kissing the bottom of inlaws etc

What was the result, long lasting marriage (20yrs above)

I know there are exceptions

Today we are clamoring for
1.engagement ring
2.bachelor party
3.court wedding
4.NO premarital sex
5.No going over to the guys house to cook, wash etc
6. if a guys hits u in courtship or relationship(walk out) etc

Where has it landed us

DIVORCE LEFT RIGHT & CENTER

pls keep clamoring for engagement, it's a sign of seriousness my foot

Married ladies ate taking off their WEDDING RINGS in Nysc camp

Married men are compositing adultery with their WEDDINGS RINGS on

you're equating engagement ring with seriousness or love, SMH

Even though I do not advocate for the craze for engagement rings and all,

I do not support abusive and crappy marriages

Our parents marriage is nothing to write home about in ref to the bolded. It is not how long but how well.

I think bachelor eves are crap though; why would I allow my hubby to be sleep with random women or get lap dances because he wants to leave bachelorhood?

Is marriage to me a bondage? undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Seun: Can one propose with a small crown?

Who hacked Seun's account?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Seun(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore: Who hacked Seun's account?
smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by puffynatty: 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Seun: smiley

She will be parading around town with the crown.

You are very creative.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UjSizzle(f): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Danhumprey: And is that a guarantee that none of the party would cheat on the other? Is that a guarantee that the marriage would last? Learn to think long-term,not short-term! Think of the future of your relationship not about proposing with a ring or not!
A ring does not guarantee the success of a relationship, but then neither does the absence of one too. Give her a ring cause it's important to her period. I don't see what you stand to lose in buying one.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UjSizzle(f): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Seun: Can one propose with a small crown?
Only if it's accompanied with a glass slipper cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Like duuuh, if my bf proposes without a ring its not like I'm gonna say NO undecided

Its d asking that counts!!!

But op! U shuld know d kind of man u have!
There r some easygoing men who don't care much and give u d ring even if u don't want!! Its their nature.

Then there are those ones who certain tings don't freak and try as u may, u can't change them, whatever they say stands.

So btw d two u shuld know where ur guy stands and then don't bother much about it.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adabeke12(f): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Enegod: The ring is just a symbol the sincerity of
the proposal is what matters and
accepting should have nothing to getting a ring.

Thank you, my parents didnt do it that way neither did my grandparents or greatgrandparents. Is that even part of the "african culture"?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adabeke12(f): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!

whose culture is it to propose with a ring
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by therealMcCain: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
bukatyne:

Even though I do not advocate for the craze for engagement rings and all,

I do not support abusive and crappy marriages

Our parents marriage is nothing to write home about in ref to the bolded. It is not how long but how well.

I think bachelor eves are crap though; why would I allow my hubby to be sleep with random women or get lap dances because he wants to leave bachelorhood?

Is marriage to me a bondage? undecided

I get u, am not an advocate for some of those things, but my point is a lot of their marriages where better off, yes at the beginning it was hell, but they stuck in there, and it paid off at the end for some (patience & perseverance seems not to be in our dictionary anymore)

Eg in my home, it was always wrestle mania, then we all grew up, it became just arguments & we the kids will always laugh at them cos the cause of the argument was always trivial & senseless

my Dad is late now, the year he died would have made it 35yrs marriage anniversary, it pained my mum greatly & she was always saying "now that they would have enjoyed their labour, death came calling"

My Dad was ill close to a year & he got the best care from my mum, there is something about companionship in ur old age that money can't bring, not even ur kids but ur spouse fill that!!! So how do we get that companionship with this our mentality of this is the 21st century, marriage is no bondage etc

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by deols(f): 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
hehehe

when will men start wearing engagement rings?

I think men should be more concerned about getting the rings. It helps them put a mark on her so other men can keep off.

I actually wont care about whether he gives a ring or not. I'd be proud of getting myself whatever I need. not engaged, if I want a ring, I'd get me one. I wouldnt want to be boxed by a mere ring presentation.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by cutiepie01(f): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Bride Price is tradition. It's something that has been done for years by our ancestors. Why are you trying to twist things? All this because of a mere engagement ring?!

Is this a sick joke? I can't believe we're even having this conversation. How in the world can you as a man ask for a woman's hand in marriage without a ring & feel good/okay with it? That's just crazy!

I refuse to believe I'm talking to grown men. You lot must be teenagers. I'm in complete disbelief.

A MAN does not run away from responsibility. A boy? Yes. But not a MAN!
I so hate it,when men try 2 run away 4rm responsibilities 4 flimsy reasons
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by juman(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
adaeze#123:
Do you guys think its necessary for a guy to propose with a ring. Please give your suggestions....

It depends on the way the lady like it, If the lady wants it with rig so it be.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by omomame: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!

Invariably, what you are saying is that, even if the guy has no ring he has no love and respect for her. Well that's your perception but your advice for the lady is irrational, I no you will never accept the blames if she fall into a fake guy with ring......
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by BB013(m): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
orjifavour:

minus me oooo angry angry angry angry

Comman marry me
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Forwetinnah: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Abeg buy the Ring joor!! Can any1 get into a business deal without signed Documents?(Seal, Siggies etc) You want your partner to say 'I no follow' much later. With the ring.. Even if it doesn't work out, people will know you were about getting married. Human being$ will always play smart and be selfish..that a girl cheats after being engaged is not enough reason Not to give her a ring, your prayer should be catching her in the act and calling it off. That Married men wear rings and still cheat doesn't mean the girls who patronize them don't know what they're getting into..nutshell gist be say "buy the ring give her mbok", e symbolize chomthing and e easy to wear errday. How pesin go dey wear one head scarf, shoe abi 1 clothe errday? grin kiss
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by cutiepie01(f): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
druid06:

Lol

In short, any girl wey I wan marry, na belle straight. Make we come see who go beg who for marriage.
thats d kind of mentality broke ass niggas like u carry.Mtcheeew.I smh 4 d girl dat'll fall in2 ur trap..Very irresponsible statement
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by cutiepie01(f): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
Wickedness. But why a ring? You never answer that one ooo.

Can I give her a necklace instead?
Why not?What works 4 james may not work 4 Jack..So long as there's a sign of commitment,carry on.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Who knew Nairaland was "cheap men central"?! I'm simply appalled at the number of guys who've said they plan on proposing without a ring. You clearly have no consideration or respect for your future spouse. Reality is, every woman wants a ring -- and a beautiful one to be more precise.

The engagement ring carries a symbol. It lets others know that the woman is officially taken. By putting a ring on her finger, you are saying "This is my woman & I want the world to know."

Not only is that romantic, it's simply the right thing to do. Ladies, leave these cheap African men alone & get with a white man. They will make sure to give you the ring of your dreams. White men are VERY thoughtful and romantic.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by creativemusic: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
i dey laughter ooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by druid06(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
cutiepie01: thats d kind of mentality broke ass niggas like u carry.Mtcheeew.I smh 4 d girl dat'll fall in2 ur trap..Very irresponsible statement

It was meant to be a joke. Idiiot!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by cutiepie01(f): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
jay bee:
Why should a girl in a relationship be having all those admirers? If you focus on your relationship then surely you will have no reason to warn off admirers, no?

Commitment is all about mindset
A girl does not determine d number of admirers she'll have.As long as she's got a gud character and well composed,admirers'll def. Come.Its her duty 2 set a boundary and let dem know she's not available.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adabeke12(f): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Bride Price is tradition. It's something that has been done for years by our ancestors. Why are you trying to twist things? All this because of a mere engagement ring?!

Is this a sick joke? I can't believe we're even having this conversation. How in the world can you as a man ask for a woman's hand in marriage without a ring & feel good/okay with it? That's just crazy!

I refuse to believe I'm talking to grown men. You lot must be teenagers. I'm in complete disbelief.

A MAN does not run away from responsibility. A boy? Yes. But not a MAN!

since bride price has been done for years by our ancestors, did they also give engagement rings? or are choosing what we want to practice when it deems us fit?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adabeke12(f): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Idowuogbo:
So proposing without a ring is what you call romance? Idonbulivit!! shocked

yes gurl. you can just throw a party and invite your closest family and friends!
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
anselm791:

I'd like to think you're worth more than precious stones and expensive objects, but if you insist though, I can pay for you like I paid for my car and change when the latest one come in store.
This is already building a marriage on a sand, stones and other unimportant things, e no go last.
I know you understand what I mean. So I won't draw this out into long talk. smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib: Who knew Nairaland was "cheap men central"?! I'm simply appalled at the number of guys who've said they plan on proposing without a ring. You clearly have no consideration or respect for your future spouse. Reality is, every woman wants a ring -- and a beautiful one to be more precise.
Why not crowns? Crowns are more beautiful than rings. And more expensive too.

The engagement ring carries a symbol. It lets others know that the woman is officially taken. By putting a ring on her finger, you are saying "This is my woman & I want the world to know."
Putting a crown on her head will make the same statement, only much bolder! "You won't wear my crown? It means you don't lub me!"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adabeke12(f): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
i dont want a ring neither do i want a white wedding, but i want a traditional wedding dat will last for a week kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wofai Fada Hot In "Wonder Woman" Themed Bikini / Why Do Many Young Girls Get Deflowered On Valentine's Day? / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.