Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother (5229 Views)

Jesus Final Word / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement / My Opinion And Prayer For The Feast Of The Exaltation Of Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Acidosis(m): 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Written by Jason Hauser.

Roman Catholicism has made a name for itself as a religion that highly exalts Mary the mother of Jesus.

In fact, when most Christians are asked what false teachings they are aware of in Roman Catholicism, the idolatry of Mary is often mentioned first. A great number of popes throughout history have made a point to demonstrate that Mary is to be central to their legacy.

When John Paul II, was shot in an attempted assasination, he cried out repeatedly, "Mary save me."

God's Word is not silent here and we actually do have Jesus' words on this matter in Luke 11:27-28 .

In this passage a woman in the crowd raised her voice to Jesus and His disciples and said, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the bre.asts at which you nursed."

It is in light of this woman's high view of Jesus that she likewise
recognizes how blessed His mother was for having the privilege of birthing and nursing Him. This would have been the opportunity of opportunities for Jesus to confirm, as Catholics do, that His mother should be exalted.Jesus would have simply needed to respond, "Indeed woman, praise my mother and exalt her highly." Jesus however does just the opposite. Verse 28 begins with the conjunction "but", showing the contrast of Jesus' response, "But He said, 'Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it.'" Jesus doesn't affirm His mother at all but rather draws attention to the importance of His Words and following them. We could take this principle and say that while Mary was indeed blessed for being chosen to birth Christ ( Lk. 1:28 , 48)
RATHER she is even more blessed by hearing and following the gospel of her Son Jesus Christ who is her Savior from sin (Lk. 1:47 ) and to whom she is a slave ("δούλης" Lk. 1:48 ).

Another similar account of this can be found in Matthew 12:46-50 where Jesus' mother and brothers (Mary wasn't a perpetual virgin) ask to speak with Him. Jesus makes the same point here, by stretching His hand out to His disciples and instructing that his mother and brothers are already before Him and further stating, "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother" (Matt. 12:50 ).

These two accounts are as if Jesus anticipated the coming idolatry of His mother and declared her equal standing in relationship to all believers.

http://proclaimingthegospel.org/equip/articles/182-jesus-response-to-the-exaltation-of-his-mother

Its not too late Bro/Sisters to make a U-turn...
I've learnt to know a very large % of Catholics in Nigeria are ignorant of the kind of religion they're in..

Catholicism is completely different from the same BIBLE they claim to Invent...

Many Priests in Nigeria are scared most times to tell you the truth.

Do not sit back here in Nigeria worshipping "God" when your masters in Rome have dedicated the entire religion to something you know nothing about..

This thread calls for a total reflection & a leading of the Holy spirit to all Nigerian Catholics.
May God Help/Forgive us ALL. (Amen)

5 Likes

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 3:58am On Nov 19, 2013
Weldone Op,i didnt know much abt the catholic church until i went to a community of abt 99% Catholics,then i conclude that these guys need Jesus,not the jesus that a larger %of them bow down to or the one that stretched its hand in the Philipines,but the Life given Jesus...

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 5:28am On Nov 19, 2013
*Yawns*
Still a Catholic. Next
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 5:30am On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo: Weldone Op,i didnt know much abt the catholic church until i went to a community of abt 99% Catholics,then i conclude that these guys need Jesus,not the jesus that a larger %of them bow down to or the one that stretched its hand in the Philipines,but the Life given Jesus...
you didn't know about the church, his doctrines but you were able to judge her members* to the point that you think they need Jesus?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Acidosis(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: *Yawns*
Still a Catholic. Next

smiley

Its never too late to accept the truth..

My grandmom served 'Religion' for over 70years... at 80+, she gave her life to Jesus.

Pls watch out for my next thread. (Do not take offence; I'm only opening your eyes to the truth so many Catholics do not know. The same truth that dwell in Rome, the same truth some of you here are scared to tell your Nigerian faithfuls..

I'm very sure of the fact that; some of those Catholics who read my recent threads were shocked..

It is better to tell the truth once and for all.. than pretend as though we serve the same God.

It is well with you bro.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

smiley

Its never too late to accept the truth..

My grandmom served 'Religion' for over 70years... at 80+, she gave her life to Jesus.

Pls watch out for my next thread. (Do not take offence; I'm only opening your eyes to the truth so many Catholics do not know. The same truth that dwell in Rome, the same truth some of you here are scared to tell your Nigerian faithfuls..

I'm very sure of the fact that; some of those Catholics who read my recent threads were shocked..

It is better to tell the truth once and for all.. than pretend as though we serve the same God.

It is well with you bro.
My comments got erased.pfff
Whatever
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Acidosis(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo: Weldone Op,i didnt know much abt the catholic church until i went to a community of abt 99% Catholics,then i conclude that these guys need Jesus,not the jesus that a larger %of them bow down to or the one that stretched its hand in the Philipines,but the Life given Jesus...

Great
#truth must be told
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:
My comments got erased.pfff
Whatever

Okay, Sir
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

Okay, Sir
we are the only church that can trace her origins to the apostle, you see there is no U-turn to make, there's no way. I can start worshipping pastors and their wives(mummies) ah ah
I'm really trying my best to tolerate and even read heretics like you but anyway you can open your thread we will see if it worth our presence. However keep in mind that you can't deceive 2bn people for where?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2013
Acidosis:

Great
#truth must be told
truth? I wonder what truth your pasthieves and pastcrooks are telling
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: you didn't know about the church, his doctrines but you were able to judge her members* to the point that you think they need Jesus?
yes they need Jesus because all that they do including the priest is not christ-like,nothing about it is Jesus-like,i can't begin to tell them to you.
There is a difference btw religion and salvation brought Jesus you know.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: truth? I wonder what truth your pasthieves and pastcrooks are telling

We are talking about the message of Jesus & the doctrines of Catholics, bro..

Don't derail with Pastorcrooks & thieves as if Priests don't commit fraud
www.nairaland.com/1496529/priest-aids-wife-build-without

You're only exchanging the message with the attitudes of 'some messengers' who would someday be judged alongside you & I while standing at the judgement throne of the most high God.

You, I, your popes, cardinals, pastors, bishops, priests, adults, children, EVERYONE dead or alive!! would queue, standing waiting for the judgement..

Even angels would be judged
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2013
You are confused . I can only pray for you, hopefully you will come back home.
I'm sorry but your thread is useless, how many times should we tell you that we don't worship Mary for you to leave us alone? Besides why do you guys take panadol for our headaches?
Acidosis:

We are talking about the message of Jesus & the doctrines of Catholics, bro..

Don't derail with Pastorcrooks & thieves as if Priests don't commit fraud
www.nairaland.com/1496529/priest-aids-wife-build-without

You're only exchanging the message with the attitudes of 'some messengers' who would someday be judged alongside you & I while standing at the judgement throne of the most high God.

You, I, your popes, cardinals, pastors, bishops, priests, adults, children, EVERYONE dead or alive!! would queue, standing waiting for the judgement..

Even angels would be judged
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo:
yes they need Jesus because all that they do including the priest is not christ-like,nothing about it is Jesus-like,i can't begin to tell them to you.
There is a difference btw religion and salvation brought Jesus you know.
who are you to judge? And please tell us , you don't expect me to believe in your lies, tantrums with no sensible proofs.
Expose them or remain quiet forever
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: who are you to judge? And please tell us , you don't expect me to believe in your lies, tantrums with no sensible proofs.
Expose them or remain quiet forever
proofs? I dnt v to prove anything to you,i won't do that.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2013
keep quiet then ,enough with your baseless accusations and defamation
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 11:19am On Nov 19, 2013
The Catholic church is all about religion and doctrines upon doctrines. they fail to always look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of their faith.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO: The Catholic church is all about religion and doctrines upon doctrines. they fail to always look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of their faith.
tell Mr more, how about your late in the night shouting sessions? I guess they are biblical ?

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Orikinla(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=18pt]The Woman and the Dragon[/size]

12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Footnotes:

Revelation 12:5 Psalm 2:9

(Revelation 12, Holy Bble, New International Version, NIV).
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: tell Mr more, how about your late in the night shouting sessions? I guess they are biblical ?
It isn't called Shouting sessions but vigils. Jesus prayed at night, didn't he? But don't forget what Jesus said, watch and pray. the scriptures also said pray without ceasing. If you like night prayers, go ahead, if you like it during the day, fine. Just make sure you pray.
Pope II, are you ok with my explanation? any more inquiry?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by albacete(m): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: tell Mr more, how about your late in the night shouting sessions? I guess they are biblical ?
grin grin
D day i happened to pass d night in dat church, ( Abuja branch, @ d back of Peace Park) i almost had a headache. Omo see shouting, FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!! At a time, i thought there was really a fire outbreak.

I am not the type that condemns one denomination, but if u guys insist on saying negative things about d Catholic church, then we will have to look into the activities of ur jet-loving, prosperity-preaching pastors.

Remember we have not heard the last of COZA and how one can be in a special type of grace.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
It isn't called Shouting sessions but vigils. Jesus prayed at night, didn't he? But don't forget what Jesus said, watch and pray. the scriptures also said pray without ceasing. If you like night prayers, go ahead, if you like it during the day, fine. Just make sure you pray.
Pope II, are you ok with my explanation? any more inquiry?
was he shouting and barking like mad dogs? Besides where in the bible it is said that you must organize shouting sessions? I thought you guys were sola bibla/biblical? Wetin dey happen? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
albacete:
grin grin
D day i happened to pass d night in dat church, ( Abuja branch, @ d back of Peace Park) i almost had a headache. Omo see shouting, FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!! At a time, i thought there was really a fire outbreak.

I am not the type that condemns one denomination, but if u guys insist on saying negative things about d Catholic church, then we will have to look into the activities of ur jet-loving, prosperity-preaching pastors.

Remember we have not heard the last of COZA and how one can be in a special type of grace.
my brother these heretics made me move out , the noise was becoming unbearable. Jesus enter in this body.
Demons I order you to come out of this body and leave that girl alone, Jesus enter , Satan go out were my breakfast and dinner.
I'm afraid we have to start speaking and putting some sense in their thick heretic brains .the recreation is over

grin grin

Btw did you check this thread?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by albacete(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: my brother these heretics made me move out , the noise was becoming unbearable. Jesus enter in this body.
Demons I order you to come out of this body and leave that girl alone, Jesus enter , Satan go out
were my breakfast and dinner.
I'm afraid we have to start speaking and putting some sense in their thick heretic brains .the recreation is over

grin grin

Btw did you check this thread?

grin grin grin

what thread is that?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: was he shouting and barking like mad dogs? Besides where in the bible it is said that you must organize shouting sessions? I thought you guys were sola bibla/biblical? Wetin dey happen? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The Bible didn't record that. and that is a lovely way of describing people's prayer preferences. it's called vigils ok. read the book of Act and you'll see that believers gathered together to pray even at night.
What's your point Pope?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
albacete:
grin grin

stop derailing, if you want to talk about private jets and the likes, nl has enough space for threads so please stick to the topic.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
albacete:
grin grin grin

what thread is that?

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics

@ Vicky your mod deleted my comment so EOD on this thread
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: stop derailing, if you want to talk about private jets and the likes, nl has enough space for threads so please stick to the topic.
thank you.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II:

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics

@ Vicky your mod deleted my comment so EOD on this thread
Lets talk here. your comment was deleted for a reason. restructure it
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
The Bible didn't record that. and that is a lovely way of describing people's prayer preferences. it's called vigils ok. read the book of Act and you'll see that believers gathered together to pray even at night.
What's your point Pope?
I will try again:

oo really , lemme me get this straight , so you do what the Bible didn't say or record? who asked you to do vigils? who asked you to shout when you pray?
lol you can't teach me nothing you talk about believers being gathered , what's the mass or what you guys call service according to you ? doesn't the mass represent the believers gathered? or maybe you think your services are not enough and you need to add a shouting session , is it in the bible? No , why then do you do it ?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I will try again:

oo really , lemme me get this straight , so you do what the Bible didn't say or record? who asked you to do vigils? who asked you to shout when you pray?
lol you can't teach me nothing you talk about believers being gathered , what's the mass or what you guys call service according to you ? doesn't the mass represent the believers gathered? or maybe you think your services are not enough and you need to add a shouting session , is it in the bible? No , why then do you do it ?
Believers were gathered to pray when Peter got out of prison with the help of an angel. they were praying for him and it was in the night. As to how you pray, the bible doesn't say anything about gestures during prayers. Prayer any how you like just make sure it's in line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? / 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.