Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother (5244 Views)

Jesus Final Word / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement / My Opinion And Prayer For The Feast Of The Exaltation Of Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I will try again:

oo really , lemme me get this straight , so you do what the Bible didn't say or record? who asked you to do vigils? who asked you to shout when you pray?
lol you can't teach me nothing you talk about believers being gathered , what's the mass or what you guys call service according to you ? doesn't the mass represent the believers gathered? or maybe you think your services are not enough and you need to add a shouting session , is it in the bible? No , why then do you do it ?
and this doesn't relate to the topic anyways.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
and this doesn't relate to the topic anyways.
running away . lwkmd . bunch of hypocrites
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by albacete(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: stop derailing, if you want to talk about private jets and the likes, nl has enough space for threads so please stick to the topic.
Really?

So u would rather have me listen to the doctrines of a man who probably, out of hunger and frustration, or in the quest to be famous, opens a kiosk, calls it a church and starts teaching people nonsense? No! His teachings most times are flawed, all centered on how much will go to his pocket @ d end of the day.

Sorry if i sounded harsh
#unfollowing.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
*unfollwing* I had my share of heretics for today
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: running away . lwkmd . bunch of hypocrites
I am here....... and I am nowhere connected to that word. I responded to your post. it's the last one on the first page. read it
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Believers were gathered to pray when Peter got out of prison with the help of an angel. they were praying for him and it was in the night. As to how you pray, the bible doesn't say anything about gestures during prayers. Prayer any how you like just make sure it's in line.
don't you have night services/masses? ohh so you admit that we can do stuffs that aren't in the bible? so what's you beef with catholic ? did we ever claim that we are sola bible?
how is the rosary against the teaching of Christ or the Bible?
why does praying the rosary(hail Mary + Our father ) make you tremble? na wa oo with you ?
how does honoring Mary is anti biblical?

or you want to tell that our practices are not in your so called line?
next time you will tell us that kneeling is anti biblical , making the sign of the cross is anti biblical lmao
yet you don't mind our easter , our christmass ( all of them catholic) you don't mind the calendar we gave you , and you say you ain't hypocrite ?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: don't you have night services/masses? ohh so you admit that we can do stuffs that aren't in the bible? so what's you beef with catholic ? did we ever claim that we are sola bible?
how is the rosary against the teaching of Christ or the Bible?
why does praying the rosary(hail Mary + Our father ) make you tremble? na wa oo with you ?
how does honoring Mary is anti biblical?

or you want to tell that our practices are not in your so called line?
next time you will tell us that kneeling is anti biblical , making the sign of the cross is anti biblical lmao
yet you don't mind our easter , our christmass ( all of them catholic) you don't mind the calendar we gave you , and you say you ain't hypocrite ?
you are blowing things out of proportion. Gosh! All we are saying is revisit your doctrines, you can remain a catholic but make sure you test the doctrines and select the few that goes along with the scripture. Talking to you is like talking to a pre teen.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
you are blowing things out of proportion. Gosh! All we are saying is revisit your doctrines, you can remain a catholic but make sure you test the doctrines and select the few that goes along with the scripture. Talking to you is like talking to a pre teen.
please don't run away , tell me exactly why the rosary is anti biblical or is against the scriptures
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: please don't run away , tell me exactly why the rosary is anti biblical or is against the scriptures
is it in the Bible? no. the very mode of worship or prayer has been stated in the Bible and rosary was never mentioned...............
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
is it in the Bible? no. the very mode of worship or prayer has been stated in the Bible and rosary was never mentioned...............
mode of worship? it is obvious that you don't know what is the Rosary.
anyway I guess shouting was mentioned
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: mode of worship? it is obvious that you don't know what is the Rosary.
anyway I guess shouting was mentioned
I always think of ways to enlighten you but your irrational attitude really frustrates me. i repeat test the doctrines, if it's in line with the scriptures follow it and vice versa. and conclusively, the Bible says renew your mind. be open to change, if you change you won't die. even God change his mode of relationship with us. i rest my case............. Good luck in your decisions, i don try/taya.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Olugbenger(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: *unfollwing* I had my share of heretics for today
Sure you would have ur share.
Now they are not burnt on the stake as the catholic church used to.
What do you make of this?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by POPEII: 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
I miss the old days grin cheesy
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Olugbenger(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
POPE II: I miss the old days grin cheesy

I sure you don't understand what you are meddling with.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
I don't know where the bible commands us to pray using some kinda beads or we pray mentioning Mary and asking her to pray for us. I don't know where the Bible says we shld bow down to a man-made image.
I think Vicky is right,there is a need for a re-visit,re-visit the doctrines and align it with the scriptures.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo: I don't know where the bible commands us to pray using some kinda beads or we pray mentioning Mary and asking her to pray for us. I don't know where the Bible says we shld bow down to a man-made image.
I think Vicky is right,there is a need for a re-visit,re-visit the doctrines and align it with the scriptures.
God bless you.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Ubenedictus(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
How do you expect a civilised discussion when your opening post was full of accusations against those you believe aren't christians.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Olugbenger(m): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: How do you expect a civilised discussion when your opening post was full of accusations against those you believe aren't christians.
My brother please address the issue raised and stop pontificating.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo: I don't know where the bible commands us to pray using some kinda beads or we pray mentioning Mary and asking her to pray for us. I don't know where the Bible says we shld bow down to a man-made image.

where did the bible ask the catholics to compile the bible? where did the bible ask us to brose on nairaland?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukwudi44:

where did the bible ask the catholics to compile the bible? where did the bible ask us to brose on nairaland?
what are you saying?? browse*
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by try69: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Believers were gathered to pray when Peter got out of prison with the help of an angel. they were praying for him and it was in the night. As to how you pray, the bible doesn't say anything about gestures during prayers. Prayer any how you like just make sure it's in line.

Where in the bible did jesus pray shouting FIRE FIRE FIRE! Madam vicky?

Learn to be quiet when you know nothing!!!

Did you read more than scott hann

Na wa oh... Serve God and let catholics be pls
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
try69:

Where in the bible did jesus pray shouting FIRE FIRE FIRE! Madam vicky?

Learn to be quiet when you know nothing!!!

Did you read more than scott hann

Na wa oh... Serve God and let catholics be pls
does shouting fire fire contradict any part of the scriptures think before you post undecided
What did Elijah do
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukwudi44:

Lols,can you hear yourself? Does it make sense to you? We are talking abt an eternal and spiritual matter,and you are asking me 'where did the bible ask us to go to the toilet'...smhg
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo:
Lols,can you hear yourself? Does it make sense to you? We are talking abt an eternal and spiritual matter,and you are asking me 'where did the bible ask us to go to the toilet'...smhg

ok. where in the bible did the bible ask us to compile the bible
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
it is unbilical to shout during prayer.Jesus and the Apostle never practised such.

Jesus taught us how to pray

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever.
Amen

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you

Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukwudi44:

ok. where in the bible did the bible ask us to compile the bible
smh,u r just wasting my time seriously,except you want to tell catholics has another Jesus,which i wldnt even doubt!
I repeat majority of the stuffs you guys do,i snot find the Holy Scriptures,it is nt even found in the catholic version of the Bible.
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
does shouting fire fire contradict any part of the scriptures think before you post undecided
What did Elijah do

did Elijah shout fire? smh
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mintayo:
smh,u r just wasting my time seriously,except you want to tell catholics has another Jesus,which i wldnt even doubt!
I repeat majority of the stuffs you guys do,i snot find the Holy Scriptures,it is nt even found in the catholic version of the Bible.

where is sola bible or sola scruipture in the bible?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sola scripture is unscriptural as it is a human tradition invented by the father of protestantism martin luther.So why should i listed to a man like Martin Luther who tried to remove books from the bible and even called the book of James the epistle of straw? why should i listed to a man who advocated genocide against the jews?
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by vickyO(f): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukwudi44: it is unbilical to shout during prayer.Jesus and the Apostle never practised such.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
Amen

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you

So praying along with believers in the church is hypocritical...... the early church are hypocrites too cause they were in the upper room praying when foreigners heard they speaking in their languages. Piss off if you've got nothing relevant to say
Re: Jesus' Final Response To The Exaltation Of His Mother by Mintayo(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukwudi44: it is unbilical to shout during prayer.Jesus and the Apostle never practised such.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
Amen

and from the above where did you see' Holy Mary,mother of God pray for us', huh.
I pray the Lord GIVES you the understnding of the scriptures.
Let me ask you,when Jesus was at Lazarus tomb,what did he do when he called forthe Lazarus?
May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / Catholic Priest Gerald Njoku In Imo State Sends Old Man To Jail In A Bid To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.