Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals (9966 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
coogar:

my foreskin restoration appointment is next week. my partner signed for better for worse so she ain't going anywhere.
After your appointment, come back and tell us when her reaction to se.x
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lol! Chilli, I think you have been confused by the power of the blokos. There is no result to wait for! grin

Buuahahaha don't mind chilli. I was also wondering which results she was talking about. All these non multitasking women. She could not even balance chopping a circumcised yekini and debate.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 27, 2013
jennykadry:

Buuahahaha don't mind chilli. I was also wondering which results she was talking about. All these non multitasking women. She could not even balance chopping a circumcised yekini and debate.

Rotfl!! Yekini tins can be very distracting you know. It can make one lose focus! grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by dayokanu(m): 2:48am On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Rotfl!! Yekini tins can be very distracting you know. It can make one lose focus! grin grin

Hmmm does yekini distract Ileoba too?
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Hmmm does yekini distract Ileoba too?

No comment. lipsrsealed

grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Obinoscopy(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Thank you my esteemed judges for your appraisals. I've noted my flaws and will improve on them in subsequent presentations.

TV01, your presentation was great. You also did good in your rebuttals. But the fact remains that there were some flaws in yours as well as mine. The judges pointed out those flaws for us to improve on them in subsequent presentations. Your trying to justify your presentation by faulting the judges appraisals is very wrong.

You need to display the spirit of sportsmanship. This is not a do-or-die affair. The fact that you lost out - albeit narrowly - doesn't mean that marriage shouldn't be a lifetime commitment. It might even surprise you to note that I, personally, am against divorce. I also strongly believe that marriage should be for life!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by bellong: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2013
I have made a covenant with my eyes and heart, why should I read Yekinni things...

Pour holy water and holy ghost fire on thread and walks sanctimoniously to the altar to ask for forgiveness on behalf of Coogar, Jenny, Chilli, Steph and Ile....

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2013
There is no multi tasking when it comes to yekini, it's either yekini or others.
I was jejele reading the debate and all of a sudden, yekini appeared from no where. And I got distracted.

Anyway, on topic,

Congrats to the winner and runner up!

smiley
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2013
Chillisauce: There is no multi tasking when it comes to yekini, it's either yekini or others.
I was jejele reading the debate and all of a sudden, yekini appeared from no where. And I got distracted.

Anyway, on topic,

Congrats to the winner and runner up!

smiley

Chili, some of us can handle yekini and cleaning the dining table at the same time, so speak for yourself. See who was reading jejely, why didn't you close yay eyes like others and waka pass? Body dey sweet you tintinly cheesy

@Efe

Stop that rough play now, which amount of money will make you support hoody? angry your plan indeed is to support hoody but go for ya backward and enjoy my hoodless faka faka fuku fuku, champion horse-sagamite angry
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by TV01(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Obinoscopy: Thank you my esteemed judges for your appraisals. I've noted my flaws and will improve on them in subsequent presentations.

TV01, your presentation was great. You also did good in your rebuttals. But the fact remains that there were some flaws in yours as well as mine. The judges pointed out those flaws for us to improve on them in subsequent presentations. Your trying to justify your presentation by faulting the judges appraisals is very wrong.

You need to display the spirit of sportsmanship. This is not a do-or-die affair. The fact that you lost out - albeit narrowly - doesn't mean that marriage shouldn't be a lifetime commitment. It might even surprise you to note that I, personally, am against divorce. I also strongly believe that marriage should be for life!

Obinoscopy, in terms of the debate your comments are actually spot on. But it's more about some elements of the wider dynamic on the Family section, which you need'nt concern your self with.

Once again, all the best for the finals.

TV
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
jennykadry:

Chili, some of us can handle yekini and cleaning the dining table at the same time, so speak for yourself. See who was reading jejely, why didn't you close yay eyes like others and waka pass? Body dey sweet you tintinly cheesy

@Efe

Stop that rough play now, which amount of money will make you support hoody? angry your plan indeed is to support hoody but go for ya backward and enjoy my hoodless faka faka fuku fuku, champion horse-sagamite angry

Handling weapon of mass destruction while cleaning dinning table? Hmmm.
You care to explain how you do that because me I look for the MSDS before handling grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by DrummaBoy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Obinoscopy: Thank you my esteemed judges for your appraisals. I've noted my flaws and will improve on them in subsequent presentations.

I want to congratulate you sir on this well deserved win. From day one after your presentation and looking at your opponent's presentation too, I was convinced you had already won. Being an advocate of "Marraige for Life" according to the biblical text, I was hoping to diffuse a bit of your confidence in that comment in page 1, but lo and behold I may have failed. Though I remain un-convinced by your argument: my marraige is for life by fire by force; you did well.

I particularly like the fact that your provided references for many of your positions in that paper and in addition to what the judges have asked you to improve on in the final, I think you could keep up that aspect: I mean in providing verifiable references.

Congrats again!

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by EfemenaXY: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
jennykadry:

@Efe

True that. But woman must not live by yekini alone. (Revelations chapter 40 verse 25b) lipsrsealed cool

At least you sabi the concept of multitasking - which is what I'm doing na. tongue
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
bellong: I have made a covenant with my eyes and heart, why should I read Yekinni things...

Pour holy water and holy ghost fire on thread and walks sanctimoniously to the altar to ask for forgiveness on behalf of Coogar, Jenny, Chilli, Steph and Ile....

grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by EfemenaXY: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
bellong: I have made a covenant with my eyes and heart, why should I read Yekinni things...

grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2013

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by EfemenaXY: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Why do I always have to leave when the drama's about to kick off?? angry angry

Can't ya'll wait till I get back later this evening? embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Efemena_xy: Why do I always have to leave when the drama's about to kick off?? angry angry

Can't ya'll wait till I get back later this evening? embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Lol! Don't worry, I'm leaving for work now too.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by coogar: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo: ..

don't sweat that, my dear....
meanwhile, what about the small detail of the deposit in your account. i want my share(51%).
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
coogar:

don't sweat that, my dear....

Well I'll try. But lord knows I don't appreciate unwarranted attacks on my person.

coogar:

meanwhile, what about the small detail of the deposit in your account. i want my share(51%).

Ole. Go and make do with the yams you collected before round 1. Abi you ate them all already ni?
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by coogar: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo:
Well I'll try. But lord knows I don't appreciate unwarranted attacks on my person.

unless the attack is from coogar, right? i am glad i have tamed you. grin

Ole. Go and make do with the yams you collected before round 1. Abi you ate them all already ni?

i gave back everything o - that dude came to my apartment with his face covered in powder, a juju-embroided red mini-skirt with a dane gun. i lost my cojones instantly & handed back the yams.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Whats all these wahala about

Hmm So Ileoba and coogar are now cohabiting

God is a wonderful
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by jaybee3(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hi guys,
We have our end of year charity initiative going on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year/7#19829417
so any help rendered would be much appreciated.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by TV01(m): 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo: Ah! The more they speak, the more they expose their lack of integrity.

So all along it was just a diversionary red herring for the hate and bitterness that lie inside.

One would have thought an 'intellectual' can separate senseless personal beef from the business of the day which is the debate.

What shameless hypocrisy.

I knew exactly what ideological bias and personal difference I would face in the judging if I entered the debate. With the ideological gulf and personal differences do you really believe I would willingly subject myself to having my input judged by this panel, let alone expect to win?

No, I knew it was important to make sure that you and your cohorts weren't allowed to stage a false dialectic and propagate those untruths you so love. I have what achieved what I came for. Those who will hear will hear.

TV

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by debosky(m): 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
^^ Just to clarify, are you stating that all/some of the judges are biased and have an agenda they are pursuing in this debate? How widely do the statements in your fist two paragraphs apply?

I'm not trying to interject in your exchanges with Ile, but I would like to know if you're questioning the integrity of the process.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ TV. I wish I could help you with all of your delusions and lies you believe but I personally don't have the time and I really couldn't care less about your psychological issues. Also, if you are not astute enough save your sister from entering an abusive marriage by recognizing an abuser, that's your problem and hers, not mine.

I will only address your question about your definition and why I said I was stumped by it (continuously, meaning I was stumped by it the first time also but since the judges were not asked to critique the contestants at that point, I did not make any comments). But before I do that, I will address your hypocrisy. Prior to me making my comment (ON ALL CONTESTANTS PERFORMANCES BTW), there were at least 3 people who questioned you about your definition. NONE of them received the vitriol you had preplanned to direct my way. That shows you are nothing but a pointless butthurt hypocrite not to be taken seriously. AFTER I made my comment, another judge alluded to the same point that I made. Again, no vitriol. No hypersensitive, estrogen laden, inappropriate rant. Again, will any one with an iota of common sense take you seriously? Only an imbe*cile will agree that you have any form of point whatsoever.

Now, back to the problem with your definition. I will give you one more analogy. I'll dumb it down so hopefully you can grasp it this time.

I could define a woman as 'anyone with a va*gina'. Now women have va*ginas, so that part is NOT wrong. But having a va*gina is in no way an all encompassing definition of a woman. Also, not everyone with a va*gina is a woman. So it would be quite foolhardy of me to give that definition with a straight face. If I insisted on defining a woman that way, I would have to simultaneously present a good reason why I chose to do that as it applied to the situation on ground.

If you do not get the analogy now, then you can add intelligence issues to your list of problems. Again, not something I can help you with.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
debosky: ^^ Just to clarify, are you stating that all/some of the judges are biased and have an agenda they are pursuing in this debate? How widely do the statements in your fist two paragraphs apply?

I'm not trying to interject in your exchanges with Ile, but I would like to know if you're questioning the integrity of the process.

Excellent question. And I would really like to know why Tgirl is NOT addressing this issue.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Excellent question. And I would really like to know why Tgirl is NOT addressing this issue.

Have you cooked coogars dinner and are you on your knees serving him before you start these argument
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Have you cooked coogars dinner and are you on your knees serving him before you start these argument

Coogar knows the way around the kitchen better than I do. tongue

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hilarious Pictures Of Drunk People. / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? / How Do You Punish Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.