Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Dearth Of Development In The South-east - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (24729 Views)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by rafindo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Bros, don't worry again, all you stated below have just been deliberated upon by South East 'Who is who' and great personalities after those war of words and have truly developed a time frame on how we as a group can move forward.

First, we are getting to solidifying our political identity in APGA, grow and nurture the brand as a voting block then see what bargain and alliance we can get/enter as one people.

We are determined to bringing a great change hence forth by taking our destiny and that of our people in our hands.

Thanks for your previous inputs and God bless.

.the same reason we are not developed.wat makes apga an igbo party.does the constitution recognised tribal party.was ojukwu not a member of app before chekwas asked him to sell the party to ndiigbo.if apga is an igbo party then we are doom for life.no blueprint,no draft agenda.all d parties are all criminals.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
ike gwuru
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
PabloAfricanus:

Aren't you getting rather paranoid?

The Northerners have been consistently using the Igbos as politcal jobbers.
And no they are not afraid of Igbo "domination".

I will not go back and forth with you because you are intentionally wasting my time by putting the argument upside down by feigning ignorance on how Nigeria truly work.

I will address only two valid points you made.

1. The only person being paraniod here is you the yoruba, knowing that every other Nigerian group now know you for who you truly are. You can no longer deceive and play one group or region against another, thus your severe paranoia.

2. Northerners using Igbo? You've got to be kidding! The Igbo have no better political friends than northerners! Infact, it becomes more obvious everyday as things unfold in Nigeria. The north need Igbo to stay relevant,such as the Igbo need the north to navigate the minefield the west has laid for her in Nigeria.

Igbo must not be deceived by the yoruba propaganda of "north using Igbos" which is targeted at breaking the north's relationship with the SE. Negotiations of Igbo political future in Nigeria must be with the north, nothing more,nothing less.Indeed, i shall personally write all Ohaneze Chieftains to reconsider the now irrelevant stance of not accepting the vice presidential position from the north. For a lot of strategic reasons, which are thus;

What PDP must focus on now as it's utmost priority is to retain power.

PDP is the biggest and only truly national political party in Nigeria. That advantage must spur them now to go indoors and do some serious political re-engineering and re-alignment of political forces. Before PDP begin to map out which subregion must produce what key position, they must secure 2 critical agreements.

1. Persuade President Jonathan to cede his right to run as President for re-election in 2015 to Vice President Namadi Sambo

2. Beg the South east to accept the Vice President position for 2 strategic reasons. Which are, only the PDP can guarantee an Igbo President and someone who is a Vice President for 8 years will have got enough political clout to do it,than just anyone who is picked from nowhere.

The rest of the political re-engineering to retain power can follow as soon as these two critical pieces have been secured.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by PabloAfricanus(m): 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

I will not go back and forth with you because you are intentionally wasting my time by putting the argument upside down by feigning ignorance on how Nigeria truly work.

1. The only person being paraniod here is you the yoruba, knowing that every other Nigerian group now know you for who you truly are. You can no longer deceive and play one group or region against another, thus your severe paranoia.

Sorry dude...I'm not the one to play the "you are Igbo" vs "you are Yoruba" game.
I like to keep it objective and address issues affecting any ethnic group with as little
emotions as possible.
I do not think it is of any consequence if I'm Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
Even if I'm Yoruba,it should not affect your reasoning when I point out certain facts to you however unpalatable they seem.
I'm just a concerned Nigerian who has a stake in most of the ethnic groups in the country.
If I'm Yoruba, I can assure you I'm not losing sleep over anything "Igbo".
Neither am I paranoid over any of your supposed discovery of "who the Yorubas truly are".
I am convinced there is little you can do about that.
Heck, the Yorubas are safely ensconced in the highest echelons of industry and commerce!
Also, Igbos are the ones who are trooping uninvited to the SW and not the other way round.
Moreover, OBJ is still alive and happens to be the current power behind the throne.
So you might want to adjust your lens a lil bit and just quit being paranoid.

Back to the topic.
Chima_Agbalajob:
2. Northerners using Igbo? You've got to be kidding! The Igbo have no better political friends than northerners! Infact, it becomes more obvious everyday as things unfold in Nigeria. The north need Igbo to stay relevant,such as the Igbo need the north to navigate the minefield the west has laid for her in Nigeria.

If you prefer it that way...then good for you. But bear in mind that you are not Muslim, have no ideological or cultural
background which the Northerners respect or want to be a part of. I don't know how conversant you are with Northern
politics, but it seems the Northerners do not see the Igbos as "equal partners" in the Nigerian state.
They like your republican nature due to its sharp contrast to their feudal societies.
Beyond that, the Igbos are the ones seeking "friendship" from the Northerners and not the other way round.
So, your assertion that the Igbo have no better political friends than northerners is a lil bit far fetched IMO.
As they do not really want you in the North, have no qualms with sponsoring violence against you with no
apologies and generally have no respect for your brand of politics.
Sorry, but the general consensus among the Northern politicians is that the Igbo politician
can always be bought before,during or after any major or minor political engagement.
I prefer to say, they wont mind partnering with the Igbos to advance their political aims.

Chima_Agbalajob:
PDP is the biggest and only truly national political party in Nigeria. That advantage must spur them now to go indoors and do some serious political re-engineering and re-alignment of political forces. Before PDP begin to map out which subregion must produce what key position, they must secure 2 critical agreements.

1. Persuade President Jonathan to cede his right to run as President for re-election in 2015 to Vice President Namadi Sambo

2. Beg the South east to accept the Vice President position for 2 strategic reasons. Which are, only the PDP can guarantee an Igbo President and someone who is a Vice President for 8 years will have got enough political clout to do it,than just anyone who is picked from nowhere.
[/b][/size]

Its either you are naive or just not familiar with the current political terrain.
But atleast you reasoned intelligently unlike your kinsmen who can't seem to formulate
a plan to gun for the 1st or 2nd positions in the country. Your analysis was spot on and
the Igbos need to atleast clinch the VP slot.
However, you demonstrated effortlessly the same insensitivity that plagues the typical Igbo man.
In your calculations, you must have assumed the Yorubas will be calmly sitting and observing...or maybe
cheering you as you make PDP "Beg the South east to accept the Vice President".
Or that the Ijaws will just "waka pass" come 2015 huh?
FYI, OBJ is the big masquerade in PDP right now and he happens to be the force behind GEJ.
Also, OBJ is the reason the North did not sideline the Igbos as they are wont to.
The Niger-Delta/SS owe their visible political relevance to OBJ and his PDP machinations.
Even more, Tony Anenih and his silent cabal also have their interests which will be protected.
And as at the last time I checked, an Igbo VP was not among them.

Having said that, the Igbos indeed stand a major chance of producing the VP-if they can
get the formula right.
And to the best of my knowledge, the formula includes a major deal with the Yorubas, Edos, SS
and may be the Middle Belt.
The current clannish "errand boy" politics played by your kinsmen will not cut it.
You have to form alliances and build bridges...if you can just quit the finger pointing.

Chima_Agbalajob:
The rest of the political re-engineering to retain power can follow as soon as these two critical pieces have been secured.[/b][/size]

That's the point I have been trying to make. Who is carrying out the "political re-engineering"?
From what I can see, definitely not the Igbos. They do not even seem to understand the term.
You highlighted one point I'll give you kudos for however, which is "the North needs the Igbos to stay relevant".
I'd add not just the North, but the Yorubas, SS and the whole of Nigeria.
Currently there is no equilibrium at the center as the Northerners and Yorubas are all actively
pursuing ethnic goals openly...not bad...but that ensures Nigeria will not move forward.
Igbos need to become politically relevant, to do that...a deft measure of political engineering is
required. I highlighted these in my first post on this forum.
It's left to see how your kinsmen plan to achieve that.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by PabloAfricanus(m): 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ngokafor: @pabloafrican you raised some salients points while some others deserve the trashcan(sorry )....
...Igbos needs to invest more in our region fine!,especially now that the country's future is getting more uncertain by the day...
...however,i dont think other regions are much better than the @Eastern region to be honest apart from Lagos and Abuja and we all know why!!!!...the entire country is one huge slum and needs some sort of marshal plan when compared to countrries like say SouthAfrica...
...so all these feel-good and condescending epistles from you is comical to say the least cos your own region has not gotten it right as well...goodmorning.

Sure, lack of development is a phenomenon that is prevalent in every state in the country.
Igbos, Edos, Nupes, Hausas, Annangs, Yorubas and Tiv all share the same dividends
of bad governance.
This thread however, is focused on the SE.
I'm failing to see how my posts are "feel-good and condescending epistles" or even "comical" for that matter.
You are entitled to your opinions and do not have to agree with any of mine.
Would you have preferred me declaring I'm a Nupe man and openly dissing the Igbos
and thereby giving you room to embark on your beloved ethnic bashing sprees?
It seems the brains of Nigerians are permanently tuned to the ethnic "us vs them" channel.
You see every thing through ethnic colored lens.
That there exists a possibility you could work with, use or even manipulate other ethnic groups
to achieve your goals seems to be beyond the Igbos.
Would you have also found it comical if I had resorted to Femi Fani-Kayode's style?
Believe you me, I'm sufficiently familiar with Igbo land, language and culture to
write anything good and bad about you.

Address the topic of the thread.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by revolt(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

Igbo must not be deceived by the yoruba propaganda of "north using Igbos" which is targeted at breaking the north's relationship with the SE. Negotiations of Igbo political future in Nigeria must be with the north, nothing more,nothing less.Indeed, i shall personally write all Ohaneze Chieftains to reconsider the now irrelevant stance of not accepting the vice presidential position from the north. For a lot of strategic reasons, which are thus;

[size=10pt]What PDP must focus on now as it's utmost priority is to retain power.

The rest of the political re-engineering to retain power can follow as soon as these two critical pieces have been secured.
[/sie]
nna neveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr,! !!!!!!!!!!! I assume the alliance ure tlkn bout is igbo n middlebelt cos we will nvr allign wif mallams again!!!!! Nèvèr,! U cnt b so bland in posting this after watching ahmadu bellos intviews n their deliberations in the npc controlled parliamnt. Pls someone shul provde materials for this nwanna to see.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
stop derailing this thread @ pablo
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by biafranqueen: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2013
sCun: The Prseidency stuff is not our problem, we should first of all get the governors to work with the little they have, our private investors should begin to invest more in Igbo land creating jobs in the process, then we can collectively campaign for more federal government presence in the South East.
@Pabloanus the reason why the Gwaris, Yorubas and Hausa aren't building houses in Igbo land is the same reason why they aren't building in other parts of Nigeria outside their region. A yoruba man working in the oil industry in Port Harcourt or Eket and earning millions will rather live in a self-contained with his family there while building houses in his state / region, same goes for Hausas. But the Igbos freely build houses in any part of Nigeria they find themselves as long as they have made enough money to do so. Many of the Igbo top earners in the oil industry in Port Harcourt have houses of thier own, while the Yorubas live in rented houses, even an Igbo trader who has made enough money in the north, feels free to build a house there. So if you are wondering why the Yorubas and Hausas aren't building in Igbo land, you should first of all wonder why they aren't building in other parts of the country outside their region. Look closer home for your answers, it isn't an Igbo thing.
I agree with you. How many Igbo Governors have benefited the citizens more then their personal wealth portfolio. Our focus now should be on building the Eastern region by any means necessary. If we hold our leaders responsible and invest in the eastern region, we are the ones that will benefit in the long run. Our land in the east is not on a 99 year lease. Anything we build, any value we create will benefit our people for generations. We have to tell ourselves the truth, take everything he says with a grain of salt, but the truth of the matter is we need to refocus are efforts and priorities!
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Bluemetal: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2014
Brother, Sister,

Are you tired of the continuous talk on Igbo issues. If you want where we move to the next level on these issues, text or call 09033130321 for further info. cool shocked angry
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by makhez019(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dear moderators, I posted a thread online, "20 reasons why we shld not vote for the general". I tink it shld be at d front page, for the sake of equity and fairness. Pls ma esteemed moderator see to it
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by cjrane: 2:05am On Sep 05, 2017
ChimaAgbalajob:

What PDP must focus on now as it's utmost priority is to retain power.

What happened to all these smart guys?

Our citizens are waaaaay smarter than our political leaders. People predict things most accurately here well before it happens.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers / ‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar / Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.