Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,839 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

The Dearth Of Development In The South-east - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (24963 Views)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Afam4eva(m): 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
asha 80: i hope you know you the one that started the comparision?read your opening post well.
I didn't intend for it to be a comparison though i juxtaposed the SE with some other parts of the country and i expected that we'll discuss our problems instead of abdicating them for comparisons with other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by asha80(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I didn't intend for it to be a comparison though i juxtaposed the SE with some other parts of the country and i expected that we'll discuss our problems instead of abdicating them for comparisons with other parts of the country.
appearance is different from reality...you should have known better than writing in a way that suggests comparision....by the way some of those things you listed as developments going on in other places are least of the real infrastructure the ordinary or average person needs(not wants).
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam what do you take at times that runs you crazy. When it appears that you are ok, you will suddenly loose from you shackles.

Your state may not be progressing on big projects that will grow its economy, but my Anambra is on the move without stopping. All other SE states maybe behind but Anambra is steadily moving forward.

These are some of the biggest investment attracted from foreigners or built by Anambra in the last 4years. The world second largest brewer injected over 15 billion into Anambra:

7 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam, I think you should blame your state gov who does not see development beyond repaving and existing roads only in the state capital.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Kponkwem(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam4eva:

This is the problem. Instead of you to look inward, you always want to compare yourself to others who are probably like you in order for you to look better. That's how failures reason.

You forget that you said other zones are building new airports and other projects? That's why I posed the question. I accept there is paucity of development ideas in the SE but Enugu and Imo are a pride. That apart I have my utmost faith in this much derided region. It's just a matter of time before they get it right.

There will be multiplier effects in its huge diaspora remmitances, commercial and industrial sectors, agro-allied industries etc. But for Fed Allocations, the conspiracy since the end of the war is to limit the progress of the area. My guess though.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:
Afam, I think you should blame your state gov who does not see development beyond repaving and existing roads only in the state capital.
If you're expecting that i'll engage you in a State Vs State comparison then you're on a long thing. if perrson follow your mouth, the person go think say Anambra don turn heaven on earth. Biko ga noro ana.

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
eggheaders:

Add this to your list, osun state has the best power supply in Nigeria and one of the best road networks in southern Nigeria. Couple with second best in agricultu re, dusted by only zamfara in the whole nation, rapid educational development. Think over this while I get back.
Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria. Anambra has the highest human capital in Nigeria, Ogun state comes a distant second.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
This is done by a governor that has a vision as to what development is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_W9Rh1B1k
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kponkwem:

You forget that you said other zones are building new airports and other projects? That's why I posed the question. I accept there is paucity of development ideas in the SE but Enugu and Imo are a pride. That apart I have my utmost faith in this much derided region. It's just a matter of time before they get it right.

There will be multiplier effects in its huge diaspora remmitances, commercial and industrial sectors, agro-allied industries etc. But for Fed Allocations, the conspiracy since the end of the war is to limit the progress of the area. My guess though.
Nwanne, what has war got to do with anything. The Imo and Enugu that you cite are just residential cities and it's expected that they'll be the most beautiful cities in that region cos they don't have the commercial prowess that the likes of Aba, Onitsha and Newi have. That's why my eye has always being on Abia and Anambra cos i believe they have the key to unlock the commercialization of the east but unfortunately, those leading the states have not been up to scratch especially for Abia.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by agbameta: 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:
Afam what do you take at times that runs you crazy. When it appears that you are ok, you will suddenly loose from you shackles.

Your state may not be progressing on big projects that will grow its economy, but my Anambra is on the move without stopping. All other SE states maybe behind but Anambra is steadily moving forward.

These are some of the biggest investment attracted from foreigners or built by Anambra in the last 4years:

And you posted 2 nameless pictures to prove that? Is this the score card for the departing governor? If so, you really shouldn't have bothered

What you posted boils down to measly and paltry N450 million monthly in IGR and N100 billion budget.. meaning the state is basically on it's economic death bed, meaning the future is very bleak economically, meaning the state can not deliver or invest quality and visionary infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you're expecting that i'll engage you in a State Vs State comparison then you're on a long thing. if perrson follow your mouth, the person go think say Anambra don turn heaven on earth. Biko ga noro ana.

For goodness sake you talk like an unlettered person at times. Why will you generalize this your post? Why not focus on your state instead of this blanket assumption? If your state is not witnessing investment, Anambra is witnessing it in great numbers.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:

For goodness sake you talk like an unlettered person at times. Why will you generalize this your post? Why not focus on your state instead of this blanket assumption? If your state is not witnessing investment, Anambra is witnessing it in great numbers.
Keep fooling yourself. Is your name not chino again?

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
agbameta:

And you posted 2 nameless pictures to prove that? Is this the score card for the departing governor? If so, you really shouldn't have bothered

What you posted boils down to measly and paltry N450 million monthly in IGR and N100 billion budget.. meaning the state is basically on it's economic death bed, meaning the future is very bleak economically, meaning the state can not deliver or invest quality and visionary infrastructure.

As an insider I cannot engage you in you usual trolling.

Anambra classified its IGR for a reason. Presently Anambra is netting about over 3billion.

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by agbameta: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kponkwem:

Is the same responsible for a 20 million people state like Lagos collecting less than half of what a 2-5 million people state like Akwa Ibom is collecting in allocations?

7 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by asha80(m): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
there are basics of development that our leaders overlook....it makes no utter sense to me when a governor builds an airport while the health centres in the state are only fit for rats and building a gigantic stadium in the capital while just two km drive out of that capital you begin to wonder if you are still in the 19th century.

14 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Keep fooling yourself. Is your name not chino again?

I never denied am not. But focus on your state and tell us why Chime cannot see beyond his nose in terms of development. Anambra attracted Sabmiller, Chrisoral Group, Orange Drugs, Emzor and kickstarted the Orient Petroleum etc. Do you know the economic implication of these capital injections in the state?

Stop generalizing biko.
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by eggheaders(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria. Anambra has the highest human capital in Nigeria, Ogun state comes a distant second.

Sunny my boy, which anambra?? The one in mars. Its seems you are high on camel menstral flow. The same anambra I know like the back of my palm. Upper iweka - main market through uberfish junction deathtrap. Onitsha - Enugu expressway, oguata road potholed, unizik junction accident on a regular. Human development gini nwoke, the same place that has the highest number of gun wielding touts collecting levels from traders(mpaizu), what about the uzo boy(truck pusher). Carry your lies go front before I turn your dentition formulae to 0/0/0. Pa saranya gi there.

22 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
I will advise all u Igbos to talk to urselves when u go home this december. This year alone should be an eye opener for u guys. Instead of showing off ur wealth to one another this Christmas, u should put heads together and discuss d way forward.

8 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by agbameta: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:

As an insider I cannot engage you in you usual trolling.

Anambra classified its IGR for a reason. Presently Anambra is netting about over 3billion.

Trolling is you peddling pointless pictures without facts.

Btw, do you have any documented evidence to back up the red highlight?

The report said that Anambra's IGR has remained very low hovering around N500million monthly

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304030103.html

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
eggheaders:

Sunny my boy, which anambra?? The one in mars. Its seems you are high on camel menstral flow. The same anambra I know like the back of my palm. Upper iweka - main market through uberfish junction deathtrap. Onitsha - Enugu expressway, oguata road potholed, unizik junction accident on a regular. Human development gini nwoke, the same place that has the highest number of gun wielding touts collecting levels from traders(mpaizu), what about the uzo boy(truck pusher). Carry your lies go front before I turn your dentition formulae to 0/0/0. Pa saranya gi there.

See an oshun champion.. grin grin

Those places you mentioned are like New York when your compare it to your rural state capital oshogbo.

Am coming with pictures of oshun right away. Dont call the mods oo.. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by eggheaders(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
Afam4ever why is one-east1 aka chino still posting. Is it no longer an offence on nairaland to go around a ban??

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by eggheaders(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:

See an oshun champion.. grin grin

Am coming with pictures of oshun right away. Dont call the mods oo.. grin

Gracious god, like I use to tell you. First of all cross headbridge once in your life before I take you serious.

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
one.east1:

I never denied am not. But focus on your state and tell us why Chime cannot see beyond his nose in terms of development. Anambra attracted Sabmiller, Chrisoral Group, Orange Drugs, Emzor and kickstarted the Orient Petroleum etc. Do you know the economic implication of these capital injections in the state?

Stop generalizing biko.
it is neimeth not emzor....i have not heard of emzor opening in anambra?
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by oneeast1: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
asha 80: it is neimeth not emzor....i have not heard of emzor opening in anambra?

Ok
Re: The Dearth Of Development In The South-east by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
gratiaeo: AFAM not until you point out what's happening in other states apart from development on white papers i wouldn't comment
@ least use Osun state as a yardstick
If the yardstick Afam pointed at is anything to go by, Osun State qualifies to be one of the states he is asking the five governors to learn from. Afam cited building of airports - Osun is building one, in fact with the longest run way in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

APC Queries Akeredolu For Working Against Party In National Assembly Election / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2019) / Bolaji Idris Ajimobi's 30th Birthday Dinner Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.