Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional (2929 Views)

A Guy Just Told Me " I Virtually Threw Myself At Him" ( Pictures Attached) / Advice to d Ladies:Stop Being A Beaufiful Face With An Empty Head. / Why Being Emotional About Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Adex097: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2013
Horror Movies would help grin

*evil grin*
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2013
Adex097: Horror Movies would help grin

*evil grin*
how would dat help
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2013
Dannylux: You shouldn't wish to stop being you. Don't strive to live someone else's life.

This isn't weakness per se, you were made that way for a reason. The one work you need to do is to know the limits.

Embrace it but always use your head when it's time for business.

tnx danny
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by HisRib(f): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: This is really killing me,I'm jus way too emotional, I worry about little things that shouldn't just disturb me, I get emotions in almost evry aspect of life,ranging from family,environment,situations,skul etc, I hardly blame myself,I think its as a result of d way I was brought up,but this is really killing me.pls I need advice from professionals,pyscologists,health personnels everybody, pls Mod I beg u ,help me get this to FP.I'm really going nuts, I rily need advice & tips on how to stop this as its seriously affecting every aspect of my life,,,ill apreciate ur comments,,insults are welcomed ,I don't mind,I jus want to stop this

Hi Dear,

Can you please explain these emotions in detail?
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: This is really killing me,I'm jus way too emotional, I worry about little things that shouldn't just disturb me, I get emotions in almost evry aspect of life,ranging from family,environment,situations,skul etc, I hardly blame myself,I think its as a result of d way I was brought up,but this is really killing me.pls I need advice from professionals,pyscologists,health personnels everybody, pls Mod I beg u ,help me get this to FP.I'm really going nuts, I rily need advice & tips on how to stop this as its seriously affecting every aspect of my life,,,ill apreciate ur comments,,insults are welcomed ,I don't mind,I jus want to stop this

Instead of burying your emotions, explore them fully usually your emotions are pointing to something that you need to look into instead of burying them or ignoring them and proving to be macho try and let it flow, when you let it flow you learn how to control it, you learn yourself and eventually you master yourself. Because you feel things deeply does not make you a weak man.

Give an example of an event that made you think you are too emotional. How were you brought up?
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
HisRib:

Hi Dear,

Can you please explain these emotions in detail?

wen I get attached to a particular thing,I find it so hard to forget abwt dat tin,be it place,event etc, wen I remember sad events I jus go into a very sober mood, wen I remember good times,I wish de can com bak again,I'll ponder on dem and wit d realization dat it can't com bak again,I becom sober,I'm jus too sensitive abwt some tins,sometimes I worry abwt tins dat others wudnt,I ponder abwt so many tins, existence,why I'm here on earth,y I'm from a particular race.wen I read some philosophical articles my mind jus goes into excitement of wonderin hw pleasant it is,I tink of a happy life happy world,wen I can't find everytin bein happy around me,I go into a sober mood,I could go on and on,jus dat I'm jus sensitive to anytin I'm seriously attached to
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
andromida:

Instead of burying your emotions, explore them fully usually your emotions are pointing to something that you need to look into instead of burying them or ignoring them and proving to be macho try and let it flow, when you let it flow you learn how to control it, you learn yourself and eventually you master yourself. Because you feel things deeply does not make you a weak man.

Give an example of an event that made you think you are too emotional. How were you brought up?
i once lost someone very close to me,its d first and only time I've lost a close dear person,its been 2yrs nw, bt its stil like yesterday,I try nt to tink abwt it,bt I jus cnt help it.I was brought up in a way dat made me believe no one should care for me,bt nw wen some1 does ,it seems so unusual and wen I'm seriously involved,it gets hard to seperate even if I knw dat ill surely be seperated one day,I can't just reason in dat direction
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by EvyE: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
its fine bra. dont be too hard on yourself. i used to be like that too. i used to stress about everything. even if something did not really need my attention. Just take it 1 day at a time. When you wake up talk to yourself and make it an effort to pass a day without being too emotional and really praise yourself if the day passes and u did not act up. When u find your self loosing it during the day just quickly pause and debate it in your mind as if u r talking to your friend. come up with a solution at that time and if its something u can't solve just lv it or postpone. I still find my self snapping sometimes but yoh i really really try so just take it 1 step at a time
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Evy E: its fine bra. dont be too hard on yourself. i used to be like that too. i used to stress about everything. even if something did not really need my attention. Just take it 1 day at a time. When you wake up talk to yourself and make it an effort to pass a day without being too emotional and really praise yourself if the day passes and u did not act up. When u find your self loosing it during the day just quickly pause and debate it in your mind as if u r talking to your friend. come up with a solution at that time and if its something u can't solve just lv it or postpone. I still find my self snapping sometimes but yoh i really really try so just take it 1 step at a time
tnx dear
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: i once lost someone very close to me,its d first and only time I've lost a close dear person,its been 2yrs nw, bt its stil like yesterday,I try nt to tink abwt it,bt I jus cnt help it.I was brought up in a way dat made me believe no one should care for me,bt nw wen some1 does ,it seems so unusual and wen I'm seriously involved,it gets hard to seperate even if I knw dat ill surely be seperated one day,I can't just reason in dat direction

You mean someone close to you died? Sorry for your loss. You mean your parents didn't care for you? or you just along the line while growing up believe you are unlovable.? Its always a loss when we lose the love of someone dear to us. Your post is confusing you mentioned seriously involved and separating so i am assuming a break down in your relationship with a loved one. That can be shattering especially if it cannot be mended, the best thing to do is to grief the loss. Don't rush into another relationship, i believe there are a lot of things going on here maybe from childhood trauma to this present loss,it seems to me you may have been stuffing your feelings for a long time and now everything is erupting. This is my advice let it spill, don't stuff it anymore let it all out. If you feel like crying- cry it does not make you less of a man it just means you are crying because you are in pain. Do this when you are alone sha. You don't want to spill the whole story so there is a limit to the advise you will get no one can know whats going on with you unless you speak out.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by HisRib(f): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: wen I get attached to a particular thing,I find it so hard to forget abwt dat tin,be it place,event etc, wen I remember sad events I jus go into a very sober mood, wen I remember good times,I wish de can com bak again,I'll ponder on dem and wit d realization dat it can't com bak again,I becom sober,I'm jus too sensitive abwt some tins,sometimes I worry abwt tins dat others wudnt,I ponder abwt so many tins, existence,why I'm here on earth,y I'm from a particular race.wen I read some philosophical articles my mind jus goes into excitement of wonderin hw pleasant it is,I tink of a happy life happy world,wen I can't find everytin bein happy around me,I go into a sober mood,I could go on and on,jus dat I'm jus sensitive to anytin I'm seriously attached to

I see. You need to learn how to control your emotions. And you also need to understand, things aren't always as bad as they seem. You are creating unnecessary stress in your life. Just live and leave the rest to God.

There's something I do whenever I'm under a lot of stress or highly emotional; I take a deep breath and I let go. This always helps me. Next time you find yourself worried about something, just take really deep breath and let go, and you will feel so much better.

If you are a Christian, I would suggest asking God to help you control your emotions.

I speak emotional stability into your life in the name of JESUS!
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Stop wanking.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
At one point or the other we all wonder why we are here, i do too but i make it fun.And yes you can be happy infact it is my believe that we all have a right to be happy, i think to be happy you need to not invest in unhappiness when challenges show up life will always throw challenges our way to test our resolve, our believe in ourselves and our faith in God and everything that makes us who we are. Its all about discovering who you are, what you want and how you will engage with other people. You are young and this is such a great time to discover yourself, the earlier you find yourself the easier and happier life will be although discovering yourself at any point in life is great.

You will be sad sometimes,you will be happy sometimes,you will be angry,you will be moody at other times, all sorts of feelings at different times the trick is to allow yourself feel whatever it is and not dwell in victim hood or negative feelings. This is life.

One thing i have discovered makes people happier and makes life easier is to be your authentic self, when you are yourself the confusion lessens and you have a chance to handle life in an easier and healthier way, you give yourself a chance to have healthier relationships,true happiness and true success and most importantly you open yourself up to learn. The good news/badnews/truth is that you are the only one who can change your life and make you happy. No one can do it for you so you see you can't pass bulk,shift the burden to anyone or blame anyone. YOU have to do the hard work. The key is to learn yourself and give yourself permission to be yourself. smiley

This is long but i don't want you to spend too much time in sad/depressedville.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Les: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: we'll I dnt cry, wen I rememba a sad event,I fell moody, wen its good,I jus wish d memories can com bak to reality which stil meks me moody, wen I feel a lover hasn't shown so much care,I fell bad, I'm jus tired,its jus as if my happiness depends on some factors which wen not there, soberness sets in. men shudnt behave dis way
how should men do?? Don't be deluded. You are not too emotional, you don't just let things go, this can draw you back in life. Try to let go, it's the fastest way to move forward.
word
and please, try occupying your mind cause your mind will never remember who died or when if it was busy solving some calculus, ASUU please help us ooooo.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
andromida:

You mean someone close to you died? Sorry for your loss. You mean your parents didn't care for you? or you just along the line while growing up believe you are unlovable.? Its always a loss when we lose the love of someone dear to us. Your post is confusing you mentioned seriously involved and separating so i am assuming a break down in your relationship with a loved one. That can be shattering especially if it cannot be mended, the best thing to do is to grief the loss. Don't rush into another relationship, i believe there are a lot of things going on here maybe from childhood trauma to this present loss,it seems to me you may have been stuffing your feelings for a long time and now everything is erupting. This is my advice let it spill, don't stuff it anymore let it all out. If you feel like crying- cry it does not make you less of a man it just means you are crying because you are in pain. Do this when you are alone sha. You don't want to spill the whole story so there is a limit to the advise you will get no one can know whats going on with you unless you speak out.
tnx dear,I'm very lovable, dia are somtins our parents mosttimes do,de tink its in our interest bt rili de are depriving us of good love.ya a lot of tins went tru my childhood,trauma I may say,and I tink it really affected my way of reasonin nw. Bt nw I dnt knw if I shud live my life and try to manage d emotions, or just try to cut them out entirely,is it posible?
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Les: how should men do?? Don't be deluded. You are not too emotional, you don't just let things go, this can draw you back in life. Try to let go, it's the fastest way to move forward.
word
do u think I dnt rili hav too much of a problem?most pipul wud reason dat I'm effeminate,and de mgt nt be so wrong,a woman shud be d one wit so much emotions
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Les:
word
and please, try occupying your mind cause your mind will never remember who died or when if it was busy solving some calculus, ASUU please help us ooooo.
lol ASUU is nt really helping,,and hw do u knw I solve calculus,I'm actually a mathematician,ya my course
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Idowuogbo(f): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Les: how should men do?? Don't be deluded. You are not too emotional, you don't just let things go, this can draw you back in life. Try to let go, it's the fastest way to move forward.
word
Hmmm....Chameleon.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
HisRib:

I see. You need to learn how to control your emotions. And you also need to understand, things aren't always as bad as they seem. You are creating unnecessary stress in your life. Just live and leave the rest to God.

There's something I do whenever I'm under a lot of stress or highly emotional; I take a deep breath and I let go. This always helps me. Next time you find yourself worried about something, just take really deep breath and let go, and you will feel so much better.

If you are a Christian, I would suggest asking God to help you control your emotions.

I speak emotional stability into your life in the name of JESUS!

amen dear,,bt learning hw to control ur emotions and learning to drop emotions, which would produce more results?
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Les: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: do u think I dnt rili hav too much of a problem?most pipul wud reason dat I'm effeminate,and de mgt nt be so wrong,a woman shud be d one wit so much emotions
not really. The problem is not your emotions and feelings but you not knowing how to let go. I bet when someone hurts you, you wouldn't forgive easily. One funny thing is that negative thoughts lingers more in your mind more than positive
sweetestguy: lol ASUU is nt really helping,,and hw do u knw I solve calculus,I'm actually a mathematician,ya my course
I really don't know what you do but it plays a big role herer.calculus. Made me run from maths and I bet too if you were solving calculus, you might not be here now
Idowuogbo:
Hmmm....Chameleon.

sweetest lady, what do you expect?? From grass to grace, glad you. Noticed.. kiss kiss
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by vizboy(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
when it comes to been emotional am also like that, but fact is you have to learn to control it.

For me when I become emotional I always do one thing which is put on my music set dance a little bit to take my mind off that thing.

When you become emotional try to find something you know you love to do in other to take your mind off that thing

It works well for me. And learn to think with your head.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
[quote author=Les] not really. The problem is not your emotions and feelings but you not knowing how to let go. I bet when someone hurts you, you wouldn't forgive easily. One funny thing is that negative thoughts lingers more in your mind more than positive I really don't know what you do but it plays a big role herer.I forgiv easily,bt negativity lingerin more? Hmm fear of d unknown
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
vizboy: when it comes to been emotional am also like that, but fact is you have to learn to control it.

For me when I become emotional I always do one thing which is put on my music set dance a little bit to take my mind off that thing.

When you become emotional try to find something you know you love to do in other to take your mind off that thing

It works well for me. And learn to think with your head.
I listen to hardcore sometimes,kinda helps
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Les: 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: do u think I dnt rili hav too much of a problem?most pipul wud reason dat I'm effeminate,and de mgt nt be so wrong,a woman shud be d one wit so much emotions
that bolded is so,wrong. Men and women have emotions alike but women tend to express their feelings more often than men.
Eg; if your gf catches you talking with another lady, she would make a scene there but if you catch your gf talking with another guy, even if you get jealous, you won't show it, you can go over there, greet the guy, wait for them to finish their discussion, before you go with her. You can then ask her who was that.
When a child is lost by a parent, the mama,will cry and wail but the papa won't but does that mean he us less devastated than the mum"? No, he's just controlling it like a man.
The fact you have emotions make you human, the fact you control it makes you a man. Try and be a man.
I hate long stories but I hope that helps. cool
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by lymelyte(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
TO ADD TO MY POST,START LISENING TO REAL HIPHOP FROM the folks like nas,rickross,jay z,papoose,raekwon etc..And also,try to take weed half tie, it will build your mind up. nor go join cult ooo.i nor send you message oo
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by vizboy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: I listen to hardcore sometimes,kinda helps

Music helps, whenever you are down just try to listen to music
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Les: that bolded is so,wrong. Men and women have emotions alike but women tend to express their feelings more often than men.
Eg; if your gf catches you talking with another lady, she would make a scene there but if you catch your gf talking with another guy, even if you get jealous, you won't show it, you can go over there, greet the guy, wait for them to finish their discussion, before you go with her. You can then ask her who was that.
When a child is lost by a parent, the mama,will cry and wail but the papa won't but does that mean he us less devastated than the mum"? No, he's just controlling it like a man.
The fact you have emotions make you human, the fact you control it makes you a man. Try and be a man.
I hate long stories but I hope that helps. cool
tnx so much bro
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Tnx everyone for ur advice,I'm actually writting then down,,u can't afford to waste ur time wit ur useful words and I won't change for good..I appreciate
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: tnx dear,I'm very lovable, dia are somtins our parents mosttimes do,de tink its in our interest bt rili de are depriving us of good love.ya a lot of tins went tru my childhood,trauma I may say,and I tink it really affected my way of reasonin nw. Bt nw I dnt knw if I shud live my life and try to manage d emotions, or just try to cut them out entirely,is it posible?

Manage your emotions? cut them out entirely? hmmm you are not getting the point you don't manage your emotions you live them they are part of you, you appreciate that they are pointing something out to you and you look into what they are pointing out AND resolve it not ignore or dismiss it. How can you cut out your emotions entirely are you planning on becoming a zombie? just kidding. You are human and we all have emotions, everyday of our lives we live through them. So you want to feel only happiness,joy,comfort,peace etc well welcome to reality where there are moments of sadness, tough times, hard decisions etc

Consider life an adventure not a burden.

I see you blaming your parents for something about good love. Honestly you cannot blame anyone for any choice you make. Personal responsibility is a great thing and that is how you learn how to become a great man you don't live for others not even your parents. Lets get serious here if your parents tell you to set yourself on fire you will instantly refuse them so blaming them for a choice you made is still well......your choice. You honor and respect your parents but you live for yourself because when it comes down to it its really your life. Maybe you should look into the trying to please your parents thing it could be one of the things that is eating you and causing this heaviness in your spirit. You need to find yourself, what you want and who you really are. Not to sound harsh but what i am reading between the lines is that you are a people pleaser wanting to impress your parents and others. Better cut out the act, become courageous,drop the mask just be yourself this is the road to happiness and this is how you live with your emotion.

And please how is being emotional being effeminate for a man? Human beings male and female have emotions and different personalities.
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Boll2010: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Stop being a PU!SSY....stop listening to all these emotional rappers like drake.......listen to some 2pac&BiG or some THE GAME,JADAKISS,DMX,kendrick....I bet ya you won't know when you hate being a pus!sy,......any GANGSTER RAP I mean real HIPHOP will make you hardened
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by sweetestguy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
andromida:

Manage your emotions? cut them out entirely? hmmm you are not getting the point you don't manage your emotions you live them they are part of you, you appreciate that they are pointing something out to you and you look into what they are pointing out AND resolve it not ignore or dismiss it. How can you cut out your emotions entirely are you planning on becoming a zombie? just kidding. You are human and we all have emotions, everyday of our lives we live through them. So you want to feel only happiness,joy,comfort,peace etc well welcome to reality where there are moments of sadness, tough times, hard decisions etc

Consider life an adventure not a burden.

I see you blaming your parents for something about good love. Honestly you cannot blame anyone for any choice you make. Personal responsibility is a great thing and that is how you learn how to become a great man you don't live for others not even your parents. Lets get serious here if your parents tell you to set yourself on fire you will instantly refuse them so blaming them for a choice you made is still well......your choice. You honor and respect your parents but you live for yourself because when it comes down to it its really your life. Maybe you should look into the trying to please your parents thing it could be one of the things that is eating you and causing this heaviness in your spirit. You need to find yourself, what you want and who you really are. Not to sound harsh but what i am reading between the lines is that you are a people pleaser wanting to impress your parents and others. Better cut out the act, become courageous,drop the mask just be yourself this is the road to happiness and this is how you live with your emotion.

And please how is being emotional being effeminate for a man? Human beings male and female have emotions and different personalities.
tnx dear, we'll ure ryt I was forced into many tins, choice of study,skul etc..we'll tnx for ur time I rily apreciate,I've learnt alot
Re: Pls Help Me: I Want To Stop Being Emotional by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
sweetestguy: tnx dear, we'll ure ryt I was forced into many tins, choice of study,skul etc..we'll tnx for ur time I rily apreciate,I've learnt alot

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Current Relationship Status Among This? / This Booty Gets People Totally Confused! / Should I Quit Or Stay And Bear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.