Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Love and Diamonds - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49265 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love and Diamonds by Jhymrod(f): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2013
Good work @ trizandra,puleeeese don't keep us waiting.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by BreeChoco: 11:54am On Dec 14, 2013
Lovely writeup... Do keep it up!
Certain facts don't jive here though-

1. St Anne's or St Maurice's hospital?

2. Kainene went to bed around 6:45am and woke up 6:00am?

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by slimbimaz(f): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
adegwurulez: *following*
oga ade, you are here doing follow follow, abeg go fnsh that story for ur thread.
Re: Love and Diamonds by sfada(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Wow......so lovely ! I can't wait for the next chapter

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
BreeChoco: Lovely writeup... Do keep it up!
Certain facts don't jive here though-

1. St Anne's or St Maurice's hospital?

2. Kainene went to bed around 6:45am and woke up 6:00am?

. Try and read it again. What I meant was that her usual time for waking up is 6:00a.m. But she woke up7:30a.m. Thank you for noticing the mistake about the hospital. I have corrected that.
Re: Love and Diamonds by jendox: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Well, for u to be a padiatrician or paediatric surgeon as d case may be u have to undergo different residency training. One is under d college of surgeon n the other college of physician. In nigeria, very few hospital (private) are accredited to train residents and dey r nt in isolation. Plus do u mean st claire is d largest children hospital or largest hospital in northern nigeria?
trixandra: thank you. I made some research, maybe I didnt research enough. the residency exam she took is probably the last one meaning she is a senior resident. lets say she both acts as a pediatrician and pediatric surgeon. the setting is a private hospital and dr olubanjo is the owner and c.e.o. he has the right to choose whoever he wants because to him hardwork matters but he cannot choose without the board thats why he only nominated. its possible she may not even become the head, thank you once again for your criticism. i will try and correct that part.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
jendox: Well, for u to be a padiatrician or paediatric surgeon as d case may be u have to undergo different residency training. One is under d college of surgeon n the other college of physician. In nigeria, very few hospital (private) are accredited to train residents and dey r nt in isolation. Plus do u mean st claire is d largest children hospital or largest hospital in northern nigeria?
what I write is fiction. I do not necessarily have to write down what happens around us in Nigeria. It is called creativity. Thinking outside the box. St Anne is the largest hospital in Northern Nigeria
Re: Love and Diamonds by showmaama: 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Luvly story. When are we getting the concluding part.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Marytess(f): 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Omo u nailed dis story.punctuate ur words.u are a good writter.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by jendox: 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
I understand its fiction u write but I'll suggest u lace it with some facts to make it more believable n real. All the same more grease to ur elbow!
trixandra: what I write is fiction. I do not necessarily have to write down what happens around us in Nigeria. It is called creativity. Thinking outside the box. St Anne is the largest hospital in Northern Nigeria
Re: Love and Diamonds by Ifedechidex: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sweerie, u're doing a gr8 job ooo. Bt biko, pls, dan alla, ejo... Come n finish up abeg... I dey beg. N pls dnt wait till monday, its way tooooooooooo far...... Nice write up.... More grease!

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by adegwurulez(m): 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
slim_bimaz: oga ade, you are here doing follow follow, abeg go fnsh that story for ur thread.
i also like good stories na, and so far i have reasons to believe this is an interesting one
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 4:52am On Dec 15, 2013
I would have updated if I could help it. I am in an area where there is poor network service. Please bear with me.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Lamcibagulation: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
trixandra: CONTINUATION
####################

Olivia, my late wife, best friend , companion,lover and the mother of my child died five years ago while giving birth to my joy Naeto. I can still recall the gory details of her death. She had a high risk pregnancy caused by pre-eclampsia during the second trimester but we were able to manage it until the eight month when she had to be admitted into the hospital. She had had an emergency surgery to save her and our baby but unfortunately she didn't survive. I felt as if my world has gone dark and there was not even a glimpse of light at the edge of the tunnel. She had made me promise even as she went into the theatre that no matter what happens to her that I would love our son, our miracle and that I would find happiness. She also told me not to grieve so much for her that she had fulfilled her mission on earth and her Creator has called her back to Him. Even as she held my hand in a tight grip and continued talking, I kept on wondering why she had leave me when we were still beginning our lives together. She was only twenty-six years. Even in pain, she had tried to cheer me up. I told her that I know she would come back to me but that was the last time we saw each other because unfortunately she didn't make it. She died one hour after giving birth to my son due to excessive bleeding.

After Olivia's death, I decided to focus on my son and shower him with lots of love which I knew was what Olivia would have loved me to do instead of grieving to long for her. Olivia's parents were very helpful during those dark moments. Even though the had lost their precious daughter, they helped me take care of Naeto. After the burial mass held for Olivia, Chief Coker drew me aside and told me, ' It was a lovely ceremony.' I blinked away the tears pooling at the corner of my eyes. He continued, 'I know Olivia is happy wherever she is. It is very painful to lose a loved one most especially a wife. I want you to know that we are ever ready to help and support you and our grandson. My wife is willing to nurse our grandson till he is old enough to stay on his own.'
I thanked him. I was grateful for having such wonderful parents-in-law.

'Lauretta!', I called the housekeeper who came in from the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel. 'I will pick Naeto from school myself so don't worry about preparing lunch for him or dinner for us cos we will be eating out and we will be late.

'Yes sir, have a nice day and you too Naeto.' she said .

'Have a nice day too Lauretta' Naeto replied.

'Thank you Lauretta.' I said. She smiled and returned to work while we left.

END OF CHAPTER ONE. I need your comments and encouragement to continue. Thank you.
[center][/center]nice story.gud beginin.but I dnt understand so far is it 2ple dat av talked about there lifes?
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lamcibagulation: [center][/center]nice story.gud beginin.but I dnt understand so far is it 2ple dat av talked about there lifes?
I am making use of two narrators. The female lead and the male lead. Don't worry, in my next updates, I will introduce their POV's with their names
Re: Love and Diamonds by yegbamee: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
NB: Paediatricians are physicians. They don't perform surgeries. Nice write-up still. Lovely

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by may01(f): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
I love the writer,I love the story, I love Nene and I love Raymond!!!
More updates please

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
may01: I love the writer,I love the story, I love Nene and I love Raymond!!!
More updates please
Thank you. I am blushing...lol
Re: Love and Diamonds by Friendz4blue(m): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2013
nice write up.nice story.nice concept.ur a fyn writer.keep up d gud work trixy......

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Nancydearie(f): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
I must confess that u are a good writer,keep it up.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chapter five comes up today. Stay tuned
Re: Love and Diamonds by phyla(m): 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Why has it taken so long tho,too much suspense isn't good for a young heart like mine

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by onose1(f): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Plss,dnt make us wait 4 2 long,
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 12:15am On Dec 17, 2013
RAYMOND’S POV

The past two months had been quite fun for me. I had never felt so alive since Olivia died. After that dinner I had with Nene, I wanted to see her more and more. Sometimes when she is leaving the hospital after work, I will corner her and convince her to go out with me to one of the restaurants located close to her house or her church to sit and talk. We had talked about different things. I had gotten to know her better through our talks. Talking to her had achieved a lot of things I couldn’t achieve even with all the visits to the psychologist after Olivia’s death. She was so good with Naeto maybe because she was a paediatrician but to me she was a natural. Nene made me to see a different aspect of life. The bright and funny side of life as she calls it. When she had told me about losing her father at an early age to lymphoma and her mother shortly afterwards and her brother who was a teenager then left the country in search of a better life and she hadn’t heard from him since then. I had felt for her at that moment but I was amazed at how she had grown to be a very successful young woman. I had asked her her secret and her response was ‘It’s God’s doing Ray. You know that trying moment when it seems that all hope is lost, when you have nowhere to run to, when the tunnel is dark, I experienced that Ray but the moment I handed all my worries to God, he took care of my troubles ,I didn’t have to worry anymore. He already knows what you are about to ask him even before you do. Some people may think that you are putting all your eggs in one basket but there is nothing wrong in doing that because you trust the basket not to break the eggs. That’s my secret Ray, trusting God and he has never disappointed me.’ I was not really a church going person. The last time I remember going to church was at Olivia’s burial but I made sure Naeto goes to church on Sundays with Lauretta. Nene had taught me how to say some thanksgiving prayers to God because that is the first step to being close to God. Sometimes, we ended our outings by attending the late evening mass at her church. Last Sunday, I had found myself in Church. When we do not see during the day, we spend hours talking on the phone till we sleep off.
Naeto and I were driving back from our usual Friday’s night out when he called me from the back seat where he was, ‘my daddy.’
‘Yes buddy.’ I answered focusing on the road
‘Can we go on a picnic with doctor Nene tomorrow?’ he asked chirpily.
‘And why is that/ I thought you saw her when she took you out for a milk shake yesterday?’
‘Because…….because….’ Naeto stuttered.
‘I am listening’
‘Because I want her to be my new mommy.’
I felt a sharp pang on my chest. I had thought I was the only person thinking along that line, I didn’t even know that my little boy was also thinking the same.it is no surprise that she had gradually warmed her way into our hearts and has decided to say.
‘Let me be the one to decide that buddy but you will still be considered okay. About the picnic, ehhm lt me see.’ I pretended to think about it. I had already made up my mind to see her. We haven’t ally had time to talk or see each other this week due to my business. I had been trying to finalize the take-over of an almost liquidating newspaper and fortunately it came through yesterday. I really missed her smiles and laughter.
‘Don’t you have homework to do?.’ I asked
‘My daddy, our teacher didn’t give us any homework.’ he replied pouting. I could see him from the front mirror.
‘Okay, you are lucky son but it depends on..’
‘Depends on what my daddy?’
‘if she is going to agree.’
‘She will dad.’ He said sounding so sure of himself.
‘And how are you so sure of that?’
‘Because I like her, she likes me, she likes you and you like her my daddy.’
‘Hmmm, we will call her when we get home okay.’
‘Yes, yes, I love you my daddy!’ he screamed excitedly from the back.

When we got home after showering and having dinner, Naeto came up to me and asked ,’dad, can we call her now?’ I picked my phone from the side stool and dialled Nene’s number. It rang about two times before she finally picked. She sounded so tired. We spoke for about three minutes. ‘Naeto wants t talk to you.’ I said and handed the pone to Naeto. We had decided to go to Gurara waterfall. They chatted for about 20 minutes before Naeto yawned tiredly telling me he is already feeling sleepy. He handed the phone back to me and laid on the couch.
‘ I hope he didn’t wear you out because he has already fallen asleep on the couch.’
‘Haha, No he didn’t, you know I actually forgot I was so tired till he yawned. Thank you for the invitation. I was just thinking of a very good way to spend tomorrow after all the stressful time at the hospital.’
‘I wasn’t the inviter. It’s Naeto who brought the idea. ‘Oh that’s so nice of him. Please don’t forget to give him two beautiful kisses for me.’ ‘ I will dear’ I said. We talked for some 10minutes before we said our goodnights and hung up. I picked Naeto from the couch and carried him up to his room. I tucked him and gave him the two kisses Nene requested I watched him sleep for some minutes remembering how he was talking so animatedly to Nene and when he declared his love for her. I smiled. I can’t wait for our little family to be complete and with that smile still on my lips, I walked to my room, said some thanksgiving prayers to God and slept off.

3 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 12:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Please don't forget to comment. Continuation of chapter five will continue tomorrow.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 17, 2013
Nyc update #teamrayandnene#
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Candis009: Nyc update #teamrayandnene#
Lol.. Thank you.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Candis009: Nyc update #teamrayandnene#
Lol..thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by babyzai(f): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2013
I find myself cming back here 4 more. Ure good,keep it up nd may God bless u nd all dat concerns u. Amen
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2013
babyzai: I find myself cming back here 4 more. Ure good,keep it up nd may God bless u nd all dat concerns u. Amen
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
babyzai: I find myself cming back here 4 more. Ure good,keep it up nd may God bless u nd all dat concerns u. Amen
Amen. Thank you for the kind words. I am grateful.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Yemlizzy(f): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.