Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Love and Diamonds - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49247 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love and Diamonds by Yemlizzy(f): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Captivating update you got here,following with keen interest. Thumbs upcheesy
Re: Love and Diamonds by zyzxx(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Love and Diamonds by amijid2012(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
More blood to ur thumb, as u type d next update., *sips agbalomo juice* smiley
Re: Love and Diamonds by PreanceMapiae(m): 11:15am On Dec 29, 2013
Wey u Na...Abi u wan kill person for waiting
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Next update comes up tonight. Stay tuned
Re: Love and Diamonds by stefikal(f): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Amaka just saw your story today via twitter...

Still on the first page and I have to admit...I don't even know the proper adjective to use in describing your work..

I love it... Well done dear

btw are you a medical student?

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by stefikal(f): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
*sighs*

I'm done and I want more...

Waiting patiently for the next updatesmiley
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
stefikal: Amaka just saw your story today via twitter...

Still on the first page and I have to admit...I don't even know the proper adjective to use in describing your work..

I love it... Well done dear

btw are you a medical student?
Thank you dear. To answer your question, no I am not a medical student neither am I in the medical line.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
CHAPTER SEVEN
RAYMOND’S POV

I found myself pacing around the sitting room. Its’ been two hours trying to get through to Nene’s number but it always rang out sometimes being sent to voicemail. I had wanted to remind her of our date tonight even though I knew she wouldn’t forget. I bet she was looking forward to our date night just as I had been since morning. I had even lost concentration during the board meetings of the editors of THE CHROME thinking about Nene and our date and suspended the meeting till Monday. Many weird thoughts crossed my mind “what if she was involved in an accident’. I ruled that bout because Nene is a very good driver maybe even better than I am though I wouldn’t tell her (ego things). What if she had been robbed? I cancelled that too because the phone would have been switched off by the thief due to the incessant calls. What am I still doing here? I asked myself. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 6.47pm. I took my car keys from the table, I dashed out of the house after informing Lauretta that i would be coming back later.
Preye opened the door to let me in, when I entered their compound. I had looked towards the garage and had seen Nene’s car parked at her usual parking space.
“Hey,” I greeted Preye walking into the house behind her.
“Hi, Ray, good evening, she replied as she sat down on the sofa with the remote control scrolling through the television channels.
“Evening Preye, I respond eager to know where Nene was. How is Naeto?” She aske d offering me a bowl of popcorn previously on her laps.
“He is fine Preye. I replied. The eagerness to know where Nene was promoted by my next question, “Is Nene around?
“Yes she is in her room. I felt so relieved to know that she was safe. Can I go and see her now?” I said standing up to go to her room.
“Sure, why not. I don’t have the power to stop you you know?”
“Okay o.”
Emm…Ray?” I turned back to answer Preye.
“Yes.”
“Kaine has been in her room ever since she came back from the hospital. We don’t know what went wrong at the hospital but we heard her sobbing. We had tried talking to her but she would neither budge nor open the door. We know she is like that sometimes locking herself up in her room but this one has passed the normal Kaine’s ‘deaf and dumb mode’ syndrome. Maybe you can use that your magical touch to coax her into opening the door and bring my friend out. You know how it works for you guys in the lovey love things.”
“Haha Preye, love love things eh I chuckled. You never cease to amaze me but I will surely get back to you on this.” I retorted back at her.
“Oya please continue going to where you were heading to. Remember your girlfriend needs to be dragged out of her room.’
“Yes ma.” I said and left the room. When I got to the front of Nene’s door, I knocked three consecutive times and waited for a response.

KAINENE’S POV
I woke up to the incessant knocking on my door. I wiped my eyes to rub off sleep and grabbed my phone. Twenty-two missed calls; fourteen from Ray and eight from Chris. I let my mind drift back to the events that happened earlier today at the hospital to the call from Chris. I remember our conversation
“Christopher Meludu.”
“Yes, it is me Kaine your brother. I am sorry for what happened. I am sorry for leaving you and momsy after dad’s death.”
“Chris, I don’t even know why I am responding to you. How can you leave me and mom for twenty-two years and you come back apologizing on a phone? How did you even get my number?”
“I have tried looking for you. I just got your number from Barbra yesterday. I am very sorry Nene. I just called to know if I can see you in person to apologize and know if I can see mum. How is she Kaine?
“Mum is dead Chris. She died five days after you left to God-knows-where. She died on her way to Aswani market. She died thinking of you Chris. Mum died because of you. You left without notice, without informing anybody. You left when we needed you the most.” I shouted my voice rising ten times higher.
“Yes I know Nenechukwu and that’s why I have come back to Nigeria to mend my ways. I can explain what happened. I have come back to my family. You are my family now Kaine.”
“Chris, your family died years ago. Goodbye Chris, we have nothing to say to each other.” I finally said and disconnected the call.
Another knock brought me back from my reverie. I felt so exhausted. Since I wasn’t dressed properly to answer the door, I walked to the mirror and the image of myself wasn’t encouraging but I couldn’t care less at the moment. My face was swollen, my eyes red and my head was like something that got itself into a battle of the titans sighed. The knocking continued and I proceeded to the door and turned the knob. Ray was at the door. He was clad in formal dinner jacket then I remembered. “Oh”, I gasped, today was supposed to be our date night. “I am sorry Ray.” I said as I felt the first drop of tear on my cheeks.
“Come here.” He said as he held out his arms. I went into his waiting arms immediately and sobbed. I couldn’t pray for a better comforter right now than him. He patted my back as I threw my arms over him. ‘It’s okay Nene. I am here now okay.” My sobbing turned to crying as he pulled us into my room closing the door behind us.

LOVE AND DIAMONDS continues on Tuesday. DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AFTER READING. THANK YOU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
benedictilemona: Chai c suspense.pls dnt tel me dat ha broda z behind evrytin wen am suspectin BIOLA
lol,I think I have quenched the suspense for now.
Candis009: No No,It cnt b Chris,hs apologisin fro smetin else, trixandra ds update s short,I hpe we get more b4 d day runs out
I know it was short but I have increased the length. Thanks for reading.
alicia cutie: am lovin dis story keep the gud work, but ur last update is too short more update pls
Another Oliver wants some more. lol.. thank you dear
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Yemlizzy: Captivating update you got here,following with keen interest. Thumbs upcheesy
thank you Yemi.
Hkana: My take on d last update:
I'm guessin Chris z 1 of d goons Biola hired. Now, he's realised his sister z d target hence his apology/repentance.
Just a guess smiley
lol, you tried sha. thank you.
Aliydave: Hmmmm.... Walie me i lyk dis story, i just d follow lyk olodo, More ink 2 ur pen.
thanks dear.
philtrum: suspense catch me with last spoon of rice*****
haha, only the last spoon?
zyzxx: more ink 2 ur pen.
thank you.
amijid2012: More blood to ur thumb, as u type d next update., *sips agbalomo juice* smiley
thank you dear.
Preance Mapiae: Wey u Na...Abi u wan kill person for waiting
not at all though it doesn't kill to wait...
Re: Love and Diamonds by stefikal(f): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tuesday?sad
Hmmmm...I pray I'd be so patient oooo
Re: Love and Diamonds by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
It soooo amazin,I was alredi engrossed in d love scene wen u took it away just lyk d@ *vexed*
Re: Love and Diamonds by Cronyy: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2013
See me see suspense oo. Anyway, Following with keen intrest
Re: Love and Diamonds by Hameenat94(f): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2013
Tuesday z a bit far. Pray i hav d patient oh!
Re: Love and Diamonds by uchebest2006(m): 9:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Mehn...tuesday na 31st ooo,reading ya story as if na season film i dey watch.Na u be the anchor.I will still wait for tuesday nwa oma!
Re: Love and Diamonds by phyla(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Ahhhhh,Tuesdy bawo?I think I need to kidnap you so you can forcefully narrate "love and Diamonds to my ears....lol
Re: Love and Diamonds by Godwinigweh: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
No Word to express hw i feel abt ur write-up. nice one dear
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal: Tuesday?sad
Hmmmm...I pray I'd be so patient oooo
lol Patience is a virtue
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Candis009: Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
It soooo amazin,I was alredi engrossed in d love scene wen u took it away just lyk d@ *vexed*
sorry dear. I didn't mean to get you vexed. thanks for reading and commenting.
Cronyy: See me see suspense oo. Anyway, Following with keen intrest
thank you Cronyy
Hameenat94: Tuesday z a bit far. Pray i hav d patient oh!
you will my dear
uchebest2006: Mehn...tuesday na 31st ooo,reading ya story as if na season film i dey watch.Na u be the anchor.I will still wait for tuesday nwa oma!
Thank you Uche.
phyla: Ahhhhh,Tuesdy bawo?I think I need to kidnap you so you can forcefully narrate "love and Diamonds to my ears....lol
lol, how far?
Godwinigweh: No Word to express hw i feel abt ur write-up. nice one dear
Thank you dear.
Re: Love and Diamonds by philtrum(m): 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
suspense *GRADE A++
Re: Love and Diamonds by lolabridget(f): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Amazing story....waiting patiently
Re: Love and Diamonds by TrishaP(f): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2013
Finally Tuesday is here.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Bonnybaby(f): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2013
Amazing story........ nice write-up dear.........i'm so following
Re: Love and Diamonds by Bonnybaby(f): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Amazing story........ nice write-up dear.........i'm so following
Re: Love and Diamonds by zyzxx(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
nice work.... Weldone

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bonny baby: Amazing story........ nice write-up dear.........i'm so following
Thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
philtrum: suspense *GRADE A++
lol, really?
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
zyzxx: nice work.... Weldone
Thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
TrishaP: Finally Tuesday is here.
Yes it is
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
lola_bridget: Amazing story....waiting patiently
Thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by Nancydearie(f): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR,wishing everybody a fruitful and blessed. Year. May GOD be with us.... AMEN!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.