Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Love and Diamonds - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49245 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2013
Eveluv: Nice one. Keep it up
thank you
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
CONTINUATION

Dr Biola sat in her office seething furiously. How can chief nominate that little girl of yesterday Head of Pediatrics in this hospital when I am there? That cannot happen. I must fight it. I have been in this hospital for more than ten years and I deserve a reward. She thought. Dr Biola even though a pediatrician has never liked children. She was only in it because it was a thriving career then and it paid very well. Immediately she finished her housemanship, she had applied for internship at St Anne's Hospital and has been there since. She isn't married even though she had been in relationship but none led her to the altar. Recently, it has been on the hospital's grapevine that she was currently in an abusive relationship with a man who was separated from his wife when she had been seen in the hospital with either bruised cheeks or a black eye which she usually wore glasses to cover up. Still thinking of the perfect plan to render chief's attempt futile, she picked her bag from the table and left the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
RAYMOND'S POV.

When I opened my eyes blinking a couple of times, the lights were really bright everything seemed so blurry at first. I felt a numbing pain all over my body. I lifted myself with difficulty and looked around, the room was not familiar to me. These walls are painted blue but mine was painted white and purple. I can remember driving home with Naeto after our night out around 7:45 pm before..... Oh God! The accident. Where is Naeto? Where is my son? I can't stay here without knowing the whereabouts of my son. Olivia will not forgive me if anything happens to him. I had promised her that by the grace of God that I will make sure he grows up to be a successful young man even better than me his father. I could remember Naeto and I were singing to the lyrics of Tuface's 'true love' when suddenly an upcoming trailer from the opposite side of the road rammed into ours and before I could slam the brakes, the deed had been done. My head had hit the steering and I lost consciousness. I have to get an answer. As I stood up to go in search of Naeto, the door to my room opened and a tall,slim and beautiful nurse walked in carrying a tray. When she realized what I was trying to do, she dropped the tray she was holding and quickly rushed to my side. 'Don't move sir, you will only hurt yourself more'

'But I have to know where my son is. I have to find him. I need to be sure he is safe. Please nurse, do you have any idea of his whereabouts?' I asked her as she helped me adjust the bed setting to enable me sit properly.

' He is in the children's ward currently being looked after. Why don't you relax, take your medication and maybe in an hour's time if your energy is up to it then I will take you there. You must love your son so much to be this anxious to see him.'

'Oh yes, I do love him so much, he is all I have got in this world. I can't bear losing him. Thank you nurse.' I said taking the medicine she handed to me and gushed it down with water.

One hour later, we were on our way to the pediatrics wing of the hospital. I opened the door to my son's hospital room and behold there on the bed was Naeto lying down with all sorts of wires on his body and a lady holding Naeto's hand and whispering some words I couldn't fathom who on hearing the door open turned and infront of me was a beautiful lady with the most gorgeous pair of brown eyes I had ever seen.a

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please as you read, please please comment. I really need your encouragement. please.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by babyzai(f): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Ur story is vry vry vry interesting. I love it nd am following till d end. Muahhh

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:41am On Dec 12, 2013
babyzai: Ur story is vry vry vry interesting. I love it nd am following till d end. Muahhh
Thank you so much
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abeg make una comment o. No dey chop clean mouth
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 5:59am On Dec 13, 2013
So I will be introducing the main characters and write in their POVs so you don't get confuse along the line.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2013
KAINENE'S POV.

When I heard the sound of the door open and close I turned and in front of me was the same handsome man who was involved in an accident last night on a wheelchair looking at me. Last night I couldn't see his face properly but right now it was as clear as crystal. He looked like he had just stepped out of the cover of a GQ magazine. We stood there staring at each other for some minutes before I said,' Good morning Mr Nwachukwu, I am Dr Kainene and I am the pediatrician in charge of your son.' he nodded and I continued 'I and my team have been able to stabilize him so he is out of danger. But we have to keep him for a week or more depending on how quick he recovers.'

' Thank you doctor, can I stay with him for a while?'

'Yes you can. He will need a familiar face when he wakes up. If your strength is up to it then fine.' I replied while adjusting the pillows on the bed.'Nurse make sure you contact me if there is any change in his condition.' As I turned to leave, the door was already opened from outside even before I could touch the door handle, an elderly woman probably in her early sixties in iro and buba came in shouting, 'Where is my son and grandson? They want to kill them for me, Olorun o ni je a raburu! Is my boy alright? She asked hugging Raymond then going close to the bed to see Naeto.

Yes he is, the doctor said he is out of danger but he needs time to recover.'

'Oh my boy. Omo omo mi yo yee. Enitan will live.' She had named him Enitan when she first came to the hospital room after Naeto was born.. 'How are you Raymond?'

'I am fine mama. I will be discharged tomorrow. When did you come?'

'Just now o, I heard it from Abdul the driver who came to pick me from the airport so I told him to drive me to the hospital.' she said while unwrapping and wrapping back her buba.

'Lauretta is at the house. Why don't you go home and freshen up, by the time you come back, Naeto will be awake by then.'

'Okay my son, if you say so but don't hesitate to call me if Enitan wakes up.' Then she turned to me and said,'Thank you doctor.'

'You are welcome ma. I am just doing my job. I will be going now.' I said.

'Thank you doctor Nene.' Raymond said. I just smiled and left the room.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by lolabridget(f): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Captivating ...following

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
CHAPTER FOUR

Three weeks later as I drove into the hospital to resume work, I saw Naeto approach me in the parking lot. I smiled and spread my arms for him. He came running into my arms.'Hey Naeto, how are you today? I asked him gently ruffling his hair and pulling his chubby cheeks. He chuckled and said ' I am very fine thank you doctor.' He handed me a bouquet of flowers. The wonderful scent of the flowers wafted to my nose, 'Oh this is so lovely, thank you honey.' I said hugging him tightly then tickling him. He was chuckling and wriggling under my arms. Naeto had been discharged a week ago with a clean bill of health. I usually came to work early so I would be able to spend at least one hour talking to him. We had become good friends during those visits. I don't know what made me do that but I felt I had a deep connection with him. I may not be a psychologist but I was aware that he was lacking something emotionally. I later found out that it was the lack of a mother in his life. Pulling me to bend towards him, he whispered to me, 'my daddy is over there' he pointed to his father. I turned and saw Raymond at the door of a sleek Nissan Pajero. He waved at me and I waved back and mouthed 'thank you'. He smiled and came to meet us. 'How are you Nene?' He had shortened my name to 'Nene', in his own words, 'Kainenechukwu is too long but Nene was sweeter on the lips. After a short argument that the full name makes it meaningful, he still didn't concede and I had left it at that.
'I am fine, thank you.' I replied.

'Hey buddy, why don't you go to the car and wait for me while I discuss with the beautiful lady.' Raymond said to his son. I hugged Naeto again before he pulled away to make his way to his father's car. We watched him go until he entered the car then Ray turned to me and said,

'My boy really likes you. He couldn't stop talking about you since we came back from the hospital. He actually threw tantrums that he wanted to see you and I had to bribe him with chocolates and promise him we would see you today and here we are.'

'I really like him too. I missed him and his funny stories. But thank God he is well now.'

'Why don't we go out later tonight for a thank you dinner? '

'Are you asking me out on a date?' I asked. He grinned and replied, 'well think of it as one.'

'That will be lovely, thank you.'

'I will come and pick you up by 7:00 p.m.. What's your address?'

'Its 179 Jibola street, Wuse Zone 2 behind Ministry of Tourism.' I replied.

'I think I know the place. Thank you for accepting my invitation.'

'It's my pleasure. I have to head in now.'

'Yes, let me not keep you waiting. See you later tonight.' I smiled, picked my bag from the passenger seat then closed the door. I saw Naeto waving at me from the back of his father's car. I waved back and blew him a kiss. I watched them drive away from the parking lot then I turned and made my way into the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by mrphysics(m): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
be fast and complete the story, am still at shiloh 2013, when we are done, then i will use ur story to rest

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by sammyyoung2(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hope I wld see a corelation btw 'love' and 'Diamonds'

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Ellyeen(f): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Keep up the good work, you really are good. I will follow, cos you got me already.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by onose1(f): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Interesting so far

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by phyla(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Following,fascinating piece!

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by ttime(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hhmmmmnn. I smell romance here..
I bliv it would b a gr8 read...
Definitly 4lown.
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Nancydearie(f): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
What a good story line,keep it up.May GOD strengthen and inspire u.All the best dear*winks*

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Wow, thanks guys. Just waking up now and I decided to check whats up. I don't even know what to write. I wasn't even looking for front page but I am still grateful. Your encouragements have really helped. Writing mood activated. Thanks to the mods
Re: Love and Diamonds by Diamonddamsel: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Beautiful story im already hooked.Im following immediately.Cant wait for your next Update.Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Akinlekanwr(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Let the good work continue... I'm so loving it.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by yegbamee: 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Very creative, well-written, captivating and interesting. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by sommyqueen(f): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Interesting and captivating

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by ismogimo: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
I trust, this kind thread will surely record a very low traffic. To say na manutd vs chelsea now chaiiii. Nice one there @writer, keep it up. Next update paa-paa-paa (sharp-sharp) No long thing.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by slimbimaz(f): 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
smiley im falling in love with this write-up. I just cant help it. OP, keep it up, more ink to ur pen. Plss, update shap shap.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by DEllaluv(f): 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Following,though jst begining

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by nkemjikaesther: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
trixandra i luv ur creativity.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by chinex276(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
oya na... *grabs roasted yam nd pure water*

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
nkemjika esther: trixandra i luv ur creativity.
Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by princesa(f): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
I guess you know now that you have more mouths to feed, so don't keep us hungry......

Weldonesmiley

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by zyzxx(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
am enjoyin dis, can't wait.....

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by kingkassa: 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
dunno if itz d story or writer am fallin for...rili ope itz nt d writer . creatd an account jz to comment. ur future is bright...#scriptwriting. ope u change nollywood sumday so we finali get to watch dia muvis. kip up d gud wrk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.