Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Love and Diamonds - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love and Diamonds (49202 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love and Diamonds by uchebest2006(m): 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Plz babe....update more,i love ur story.Ride on

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Queenxstar(f): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Oh its okay. It was only a nightmare', I said, 'let me get you something hot to drink, you are obviously running temperature'. Sweetie, someone who is running temperature shouldn't drink something hot rather cold eg a juice.

Following. Nice work

2 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by underage(f): 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nice and interesting. More grease to ur elbows.

#following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Queen xstar: Oh its okay. It was only a nightmare', I said, 'let me get you something hot to drink, you are obviously running temperature'. Sweetie, someone who is running temperature shouldn't drink something hot rather cold eg a juice.

Following. Nice work
Thank you for the correction. I will correct that.
Re: Love and Diamonds by GentleFrank(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nice !

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by rhapzidy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
AM so loving this story

thank You

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
princesa: I guess you know now that you have more mouths to feed, so don't keep us hungry......

Weldonesmiley
I guess I do now. Thank you princesa, you have been my number 1supporter .

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
underage: Nice and interesting. More grease to ur elbows.

#following

My role model on NL,welkme*smiles*

@OP,nice story line

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Queenxstar(f): 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
king kassa: dunno if itz d story or writer am fallin for...rili ope itz nt d writer . creatd an account jz to comment. ur future is bright...#scriptwriting. ope u change nollywood sumday so we finali get to watch dia muvis. kip up d gud wrk.
The first couple of lines got me laughing.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Queenxstar(f): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Oh its okay. It was only a nightmare', I said, 'let me get you something hot to drink, you are obviously running temperature'. In cases, a high temp., cold drink and not hot should be taken.
I was captivated, great work and I love the precision in your medical description.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thank you guys for all your comments, encouragement and correction. Next update will be tomorrow morning possibly before 10a.m. On my way to night vigil to keep body and spirit moving.
Re: Love and Diamonds by slimbimaz(f): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
trixandra: Thank you guys for all your comments, encouragement and correction. Next update will be tomorrow morning possibly before 10a.m. On my way to night vigil to keep body and spirit moving.
i dy follow you go. *grab my cardigan and bible*. Good nyt oooo, oya lets be on our way.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by yungdamaz(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Anoda nyc story......captivating....@op abeg d vigil neva finish??....come and drop sumtin biko

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by classicuju: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nice write up, I must read it to finish

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by persop2: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
This is a vry good write-up. Its interesting on hw characters re co-ordinated. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by mariyaizah(f): 12:06am On Dec 14, 2013
beautiful my dear

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Pororo(f): 12:21am On Dec 14, 2013
Nice one. Seriously following grin

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by jendox: 1:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Nice story so far. However, certain things needs clearing up concerning the paediatric hospital as per what Dr. Nene does. There is a difference between a paediatrician and a paediatric surgeon. U seem to be mixing it up a little. Also, a resident is someone undergoing training as such its unlikely/impossible for them to be asked to head a unit. Plus there is hierachy in medicine. U didn't tell us if she was a resident, senior resident or consultant paediatrician. The story I must confess is coming up nicely but try to avoid over describing your scenes. Waiting patiently for your next update!

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by adegwurulez(m): 1:55am On Dec 14, 2013
*following*

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by bamssy(m): 7:20am On Dec 14, 2013
Nyc story wel done mre ink 2 ur pen as i wait patiently 4 ur nxt update bt i tink Dr kainene shldn't av agreed easily on a date wt raymond mix it up wt suspence n romance nyc story line sha.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 7:36am On Dec 14, 2013
bamssy: Nyc story wel done mre ink 2 ur pen as i wait patiently 4 ur nxt update bt i tink Dr kainene shldn't av agreed easily on a date wt raymond mix it up wt suspence n romance nyc story line sha.
thank you. it's not as if they just met. They had become mutual friends from the hospital. You remember where I had written about Kaine spending at least one hour in Naeto's room. We assume that Raymond was also there sometimes
Re: Love and Diamonds by Yemlizzy(f): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Nice one Trixandra,really enjoying your writeup and in a vampire's voice i say * feed me more* well done and continue the awesome job dearie cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2013
CONTINUATION.

Later that evening, I had already showered and sitting in front of the dressing table applying my make-up when Preye entered my room.
‘Going out?’
‘Yes’
‘Where to?’
‘Dinner’
‘With who?’
‘A friend’
‘He doesn’t have a name’
‘Of course he does. I will tell you but I need help. I can’t find the right dress to wear.’
‘Amina, Amina, please come!’, Preye shouted outside my room. Amina came rushing into my room. ‘Preye what is it?’ she asked sitting down on my bed. ‘Looks like you are going out this evening Kaine.’
‘Yes I am.’ I replied. Preye who was in my closet turned around and said, ‘This our friend here likes keeping things from us. Tapping my shoulders from behind, she came and stood infront of me and continued, ‘You remember what I said on the morning of Eedris’ birthday about ....’
‘Dates, dresses and tips right?’
‘Yes, thank god you can remember things Amina. It has happened. She is now asking me which dress to wear for a dinner date with Mr No name.’
‘Its not really a dinner date Preye, it is just a thank you dinner. The man I told you about who was involved in an accident with his son three weeks ago came to the hospital this morning with his son and invited me for a thank you dinner and I accepted thats all.’
‘So he is not married?’ Amina asked.
‘He was, not until five years ago when he lost his wife during childbirth.’
‘Aww, thats so sad,so that little boy is motherless?’
‘Yes, he is.’
‘So what do you want to wear?’
‘Just something simple and nice.’ I replied. Amina stood up from the bed and went to my closet, after some minutes, she came out with a navy blue cap sleeve peplum drees stopping just above the knees. ‘I think this will do.’ She said. I collected the dress from her and wore it. I went to the mirror infront of the bathroom door and I liked what I saw. I love it, thanks guys. I didn’t even know I own this beautiful gown. I put on my silver sandals, put finishing touches to my make-up before we headed downstairs. Before we could make it to the sitting room the door bell rang and Preye answered it. ‘Just on time.’ I thought.
‘Good evening ma’am. I am looking for Nene. Is she here?’ I heard Raymond ask Preye outside the door. ‘If you mean Kainenechukwu, then yes, she lives here, you may come in.’ she said opening the door widely for him to enter. I looked at her face and I couldn’t help but laugh because she looked like someone who had just won a visa lottery to Nicargua. I stepped forward to make the introductions. ‘Hi Raymond, this is Amina and Preye my friends and housemates; guys, this is Raymond.
‘Nice meeting such beautiful ladies, he said shaking Amina and Preye simultaneously.
‘Its our pleasure, they both replied. ‘what can we offer you?’
‘Dont worry, we are going out now if Nene is ready.’
‘Yes, I am.’ I said picking my purse from the sofa. I hugged the girls and wished them goodnight then left with Ray. I knew the girls will still be checking Ray out from the windows as we made our way to his car. He looked quite debonair today in a brown chinos pants, white vest and black blazers which perfectly matched his black Nissan Rogue. He opened the door to the passenger’s seat for me, ‘thank you.’ I said as he made his way to the driver’s side and drove out of the compound.

‘We are going to a Chinese restaurant. Hope you like Chinese food?’ Raymond asked looking at me for a while before focusing on the road. ‘Well I don’t hate any food. I eat practically anything once it is good for my body.’ I replied.
‘Nice.’ After some minutes he said, ‘Did I tell you you look dazzling tonight?’
‘No’
‘Well you do. You really look elegant. I like the colour. You look very different from what I have been used to.’ He said smirking.
‘And what have you been used to? Don’t tell me that you have been checking me out at the hospital, I di egwu Raymond.’ I said pretending to be upset. He laughed and I joined too in laughing.
We had dinner in an upscale and exclusive Chinese restaurant in Maitama. I didn’t even know I could eat so much in a day. We practically tried everything that was brought to our table from the Chow mein to the Kung pao chicken to jiangchai to suan cai. The funniest part was using the chopsticks. I had eaten Chinese foods before but I wasn’t used to it. Raymond was a perfect gentleman throughout the dinner, he had taught me how to use the chopsticks properly. We talked about different things from childhood to hobbies to work. He was the owner of a popular daily newspaper though not many people knew that. He had preferred his identity hidden. He also runs a consultancy firm. We talked about Neaeto and how he had wanted to follow his daddy to dinner but then his grandma had to convince him to stay by volunteering to play x-box with him. I had laughed at his description. After the dinner, we moved to the karaoke section and thrilled ourselves to singing some oldies. It was already some minutes when we finally made our way out of the restaurant. The drive back to the house was quiet but satisfying. When we reached the house, he switched off the ignition. I turned to look at Ray and said, ‘thank you Ray, i really had fun tonight. Its been a long time I enjoyed myself this much.’
‘It is my pleasure for being the one responsible for that. I also had fun too. I am also looking forward to more of these if you will accept.’ He said. We spend some minutes in silence each to his own thoughts. The silence was broken when Ray said, ‘Goodnight Nene’ then kiseed me lightly on the cheeks. I felt tingling sensation in my stomach. ‘Goodnight Ray.’ I said opening the door and slowly made my way into the house thinking about the future.

3 Likes

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2013
jendox: Nice story so far. However, certain things needs clearing up concerning the paediatric hospital as per what Dr. Nene does. There is a difference between a paediatrician and a paediatric surgeon. U seem to be mixing it up a little. Also, a resident is someone undergoing training as such its unlikely/impossible for them to be asked to head a unit. Plus there is hierachy in medicine. U didn't tell us if she was a resident, senior resident or consultant paediatrician. The story I must confess is coming up nicely but try to avoid over describing your scenes. Waiting patiently for your next update!
thank you. I made some research, maybe I didnt research enough. the residency exam she took is probably the last one meaning she is a senior resident. lets say she both acts as a pediatrician and pediatric surgeon. the setting is a private hospital and dr olubanjo is the owner and c.e.o. he has the right to choose whoever he wants because to him hardwork matters but he cannot choose without the board thats why he only nominated. its possible she may not even become the head, thank you once again for your criticism. i will try and correct that part.
Re: Love and Diamonds by Ellabella(f): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2013
I love dis story so much.. Pls updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love and Diamonds by Ellabella(f): 9:06am On Dec 14, 2013
Love is sweet when things goes right.

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by Ellabella(f): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Love is sweet wen tins goes right.
Ellabella: Love is sweet when things goes right.
Re: Love and Diamonds by mzsparklez(f): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2013
I love this piece, it's coming up nice, keep it up dear, u just made my morning, am inlove with it! Please upload more ASAP

1 Like

Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2013
thats all for today. I will update maybe tomorrow or monday depending on my schedule.
Re: Love and Diamonds by trixandra(f): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2013
Ellabella: I love dis story so much.. Pls updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hahaha, But I just updated.
Re: Love and Diamonds by tshakes(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2013
trixandra: thats all for today. I will update maybe tomorrow or monday depending on my schedule.

ohk dear, ima following
Re: Love and Diamonds by sEGXY2(m): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Nice story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.