Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi (16161 Views)

Okonjo-iweala To Buhari: You Must Do Something About Oil Cartel / Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 11:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
nairaarea:

MY FRIEND TERRAIN IS DIFFERENT. CONSTRUCTION WORKS ARE PUT ON A HALT DURING RAINY SEASON ELSE IT WILL AMOUNT TO A COLLOSAL LOSS. JUST BE PATIENT AND AMAECHI WILL SOON GIVE YOU REASONS TO UNDERSTAND HOW HE SPENT OUR MONEY....PROJECTS ARE GOING ON.

MORE PROJECTS WILL GUARANTEE MORE VOTES FOR HIS APC CANDIDATE. HE DOESNT HAVE AN OPTION.

FG AND ALL OTHER STATES BORROW MONEY AT ONE TIME OR THE OTHER SO IT IS OUR RIGHT. IF FG DECIDES NOT TO GIVE RS. THEN IT IS UNJUST.
Why borrow to fund an essential need that you can comfortably afford. All things are lawful but not all things are expedient.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by nairaarea: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
luvinhubby:
Why borrow to fund an essential need that you can comfortably afford. All things are lawful but not all things are expedient.

OUR POLITICIANS PREFER TO BORROW....IT DID NOT START WITH AMAECHI. LAST WEEK FG BORROWED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM INDIA TO ELECTRIFY 3 STATES. FG IS STILL YET TO EXPLAIN HOW5BILLION DOLLAR{NOT NAIRA} GOT MISSING FROM OUR EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT.

MY GOVERNOR MAY NOT BE PERFECT BUT HE IS AMONG THE BEST IN NIGERIA IN TERMS OF INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
nairaarea:

OUR POLITICIANS PREFER TO BORROW....IT DID NOT START WITH AMAECHI. LAST WEEK FG BORROWED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM INDIA TO ELECTRIFY 3 STATES. FG IS STILL YET TO EXPLAIN HOW5BILLION DOLLAR{NOT NAIRA} GOT MISSING FROM OUR EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT.

MY GOVERNOR MAY NOT BE PERFECT BUT HE IS AMONG THE BEST IN NIGERIA IN TERMS OF INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
Can you throw more light on the bolded?
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by nairaarea: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by tsomething: 11:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Abagworo:

IMHO Akwa-Ibom has not done 1/10th of what Amaechi did. Only the drainage network embarked upon by Amaechi in Port-Harcourt alone along side the compensation for demolished properties will complete the entire roads in Akwa-Ibom. Port-Harcourt was worse than Aba in terms of drainage when Amaechi came and I honestly believe tens of billions have been sunk in drainage system alone.

All the major roads in Port-Harcourt apart from the ones still under construction are in perfect conditions of international standard. All the roads done by Amaechi were not done for beauty or hype but with the best of quality materials and drainage.

I would have loved to engage you in a debate of facts but I gave up when you said All majors roads in PH are in perfect conditions of international standard . It would be foolhardy engaging you in such intellectual argument if you could categorize PH roads as international standard.

You even claimed Amaechi has constructed more drainage network than Akpabio when the latter is the first government in Africa to construct the "pipe jacking system" of drainage . How much compensation has Amaechi paid that would be more than what was paid when Akpabio dualized Abak - IK, or is the IK - Uyo, or Maybe Uyo- Nung Udoe , even the current Etinan - Eket Dualization still beats all Amaechi paid.

Let's stick to the Nairaland rules, " Pictures or it never happened". I challenge you to post pictures of the international standard roads Amaechi constructed let people see your idea of "international standard".

2 Likes

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by tochman(m): 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
WE ARE JUST DEFENDING THIEVES. WHAT TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND INTERNET DATA
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 11:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
nairaarea: http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/27787-missing-sure-p-fund-senate-dares-petroleum-minister.html
The link you posted is for sure-p funds, which Mr. Gamaliel Onosode denied, what you cited is excess crude, lipsrsealed I am still waiting.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Abagworo(m): 12:57am On Dec 05, 2013
t-something:

I would have loved to engage you in a debate of facts but I gave up when you said All majors roads in PH are in perfect conditions of international standard . It would be foolhardy engaging you in such intellectual argument if you could categorize PH roads as international standard.

You even claimed Amaechi has constructed more drainage network than Akpabio when the latter is the first government in Africa to construct the "pipe jacking system" of drainage . How much compensation has Amaechi paid that would be more than what was paid when Akpabio dualized Abak - IK, or is the IK - Uyo, or Maybe Uyo- Nung Udoe , even the current Etinan - Eket Dualization still beats all Amaechi paid.

Let's stick to the Nairaland rules, " Pictures or it never happened". I challenge you to post pictures of the international standard roads Amaechi constructed let people see your idea of "international standard".

My friend there is a big difference between beauty and quality. Maybe you are talking about good finishing but not the quality of the underlying components of the roads. To construct a solid kilometer of road in Rivers State is about 5 times that of Akwa-Ibom because of the type of soil and swampy nature of Rivers State except for places like Oron, Ibeno and Ikot-Abasi. Uyo is a scanty town and does not require demolisions for road constructions and even during construction, there won't be gridlocks and community protests to stall the free flow of work. There was not an already defaced and overcrowded metropolis to displace people in, no water fronts to demolish, no blocked drainages and little urban population to manage.

Akwa-Ibom gets more money than all the States in Nigeria with little problems to solve. The Governor is looking for what to do with money while Rivers has problems that money is required to solve. Only Lagos and probably Kano has more problems than Rivers State.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by tsomething: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo:

My friend there is a big difference between beauty and quality. Maybe you are talking about good finishing but not the quality of the underlying components of the roads. To construct a solid kilometer of road in Rivers State is about 5 times that of Akwa-Ibom because of the type of soil and swampy nature of Rivers State except for places like Oron, Ibeno and Ikot-Abasi. Uyo is a scanty town and does not require demolisions for road constructions and even during construction, there won't be gridlocks and community protests to stall the free flow of work. There was not an already defaced and overcrowded metropolis to displace people in, no water fronts to demolish, no blocked drainages and little urban population to manage.

Akwa-Ibom gets more money than all the States in Nigeria with little problems to solve. The Governor is looking for what to do with money while Rivers has problems that money is required to solve. Only Lagos and probably Kano has more problems than Rivers State.

I give up on you since you call roads constructed by Juluis Berger mere beauty and not quality. I leave you to wallow in your ignorance .

2 Likes

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Akwa-Ibom gets more money than all the States in Nigeria with little problems to solve. The Governor is looking for what to do with money while Rivers has problems that money is required to solve. Only Lagos and probably Kano has more problems than ivers State.

Please stop displaying your high level of ignorance in the public. What do you know about road construction? What do you mean by international standard? Apart from RCC please name other continental standard road construction companies in PH. Is it gitto, mcc, solberg, zerock, homan, or lcc?

You talk of road quality. What makes a good road? Aside rumuobiokani-slaughter, new airport (reconstructed by Amaechi because Odili did it 1st with Bulletine). Do you how poor old aba road, okporo road (though not yet completed up to Eneka) are? A good number of roads constructed by Amaechi are narrow. Look at old aba road, okporo road (not complete), rumuokwurushi-igwurita road, etc. Are they not narrow compared with the traffic road they carry?

If you know PH very well, you will know that we need flyovers. If not for Omeha, Odili and Spiff, we may not have had any flyover in PH. Tell me how many your governor Amaechi has constructed.

Which company is adjudged as the best in Nigeria in area of road construction and/or civil engineering construction? Which company is the major contractor in Akwa Ibom? Of you know that it is Julius Berger.

1 Like

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2013
People talk of the primary schools facilities built by Amaechi in rivers state . What is the quality of education viz a viz the academic standard of those school?

It is very unfortunate that the present commissioner of education in rivers state never deemed them good and thus sent his kids to private schools.

@Abagworo please in truth, can you send your kids to those your master's primary schools? Please answer truthfully.

Do you think that is about beautiful building, recreational faciities and land scaping?

Please has there significant improvement in the enrollment in those primary schools? If the primary education in rivers state is now good, why hasn't the residents in PH moved their wards to the 0aechi's schools? The truth is that the parents that send their kids to these schools are mostly those that might not be able to pay up to N15,000 per child for the least private schools. I will prefer to send my kid to public schools if the schools are academically better than private schools afterall, I attended public schools.

Have the 13,000,000,000 teachers recruited by Amaechi resumed work? I had though not sure that not some of those Amaechi's schools are not presently in use despite their been completed.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2013
For the past 6 years, rivers state has spent approximately 2 trillion naira. What do you have to show for it?

The 450 primary schools at an average dubious N150,000,000 or so they were awarded will give you 67.5 billion naira and this is around 3.375% of the total money, though the furnishing contracts, land scaping and recreational facilities I think are different. What is the total km of roads done by Amaechi and the associated cost per km? Add the other projects, then justify the performance of Amaechi. Remember that most of the government contracts in local govts, state and federal are over bloated. For the primary schools, there is a kickback of around 10 million naira or more for those that were awarded at 120 million naira

See all politicians are the same. The political party is not the issue. Human beings are the issue. Whether APC, PDP, APGA, LP, DPP, etc: they are all the same. They all selfish, selfserving, selfcentered, etc.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2013
i laugh in chinese.people who dont live in PH will put their leperous fingers on the keyboard and type that amaechi has not done well even when,now hes lost steam,(due to distractions from the clown at abuja)projects are still being executed. By the way, what is the status of the garrison- transamadi-woji-elelenwo-akpajo project ? If he completes this project,hes done basically all strategic roads.anyone with pictures should please post them here.i hope they ll do a fly over at garrisson.rcc finish work for npogu road.i drove past okporo the other day and i was impressed.its just that its narrow.wish it was wider.they should consider a flyover at rumudara.the only major eyesore now is east west road(we all know who is responsible for that)
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Kanwulia: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2013
Amaechi FOR PREZZZZZIDENT!!!! kiss
Time to deal with this Dr. NO once and for all! kiss
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2013
phantom: i laugh in chinese.people who dont live in PH will put their leperous fingers on the keyboard and type that amaechi has not done well even when,now hes lost steam,(due to distractions from the clown at abuja)projects are still being executed. By the way, what is the status of the garrison- transamadi-woji-elelenwo-akpajo project ? If he completes this project,hes done basically all strategic roads.anyone with pictures should please post them here.i hope they ll do a fly over at garrisson.rcc finish work for npogu road.i drove past okporo the other day and i was impressed.its just that its narrow.wish it was wider.they should consider a flyover at rumudara.the only major eyesore now is east west road(we all know who is responsible for that)

That okporo road is a mess though not yet completed (because it sretches to Eneka); it doesn't worth it. Somebody might say that it is better that what is was. Well yes but it is very narrow and substandard road. Lets us see what will become of that road by december 2014: the pot holes will be much. You can't compare it with rumuobiokani-slaughter done by RCC. Did you see that mummy B/ bereton turn along the okporo road? All vehicles on both sides must wait for just one vehicle to turn at this junction: so sad.

As I said, RCC is the only reliable construction company working in rivers state. I might be sceptical in adding mcc and gitto.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical:

The that okporo road is a mess. It doesn't worth it. Somebody might say that it is better that what is was. Well yes but it is very narrow and substandard road. Lets us see what will become of that road by december 2014: the pot holes will be much. You can't compare it with rumuobiokani-slaughter done by RCC. Did you see that mummy B/ bereton turn along the okporo road?

As I said, RCC is the only reliable construction company working in rivers state. I might be sceptical in adding mcc and gitto.
taaa ! Remove gitto and put LCC o jare! Abi you ve not used olu obasanjo or ikwerre road( education to Ust) in recent times?
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2013
wahali gitto is an embarrasment.go and see what they did at tamdavid west(airport road) from obiri ikwerre.people dont use it to the airport anymore.its broken down.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 05, 2013
Personally, the very best projects in the area of road construction in rivers state in the past 6.5 years were done by sir celestine Omehia. They are the Eleme junction flyover and the Eliozu flyover. These projects have touched many people in rivers state.

Please Abagworo what is holding that shopping mall at GRA junction in PH from completion? Omehia started it and till today Amaechi has not completed it.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2013
phantom: wahali gitto is an embarrasment.go and see what they did at tamdavid west(airport road) from obiri ikwerre.people dont use it to the airport anymore.its broken down.

My brother I still maintain that the only standard construction company working for RVSG is RCC. MCC is 'relatively' good.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 10:05am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical: Personally, the very best projects in the area of road construction in rivers state in the past 6.5 years were done by sir celestine Omehia. They are the Eleme junction flyover and the Eliozu flyover. These projects have touched many people in rivers state.

Please Abagworo what is hold that shopping mall at GRA junction in PH from completion? Omehia state it and till today Amaechi has not completed it.
which eliozu? The rubbish did by bulletine for which omehia paid 100Percent upfront before the courts chased him out.amaechi had to resurface it. Eleme junction interchange was his best project but julius berger didnt finish it.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical:

My brother I still maintain that the only standard construction company working for RVSG is RCC. MCC is 'relatively' good.
mcc is very good.na them do ikwerre road far back.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2013
phantom: which eliozu? The rubbish did by bulletine for which omehia paid 100Percent upfront before the courts chased him out.amaechi had to resurface it. Eleme junction interchange was his best project but julius berger didnt finish it.

I look at Eliozu fly over viz a viz the deconjestion of the Eliozu junction. If you knew that junction before the flyover, then you will understand my point. I agree that bulletine did substandard work on the road but remember that Amaechi was still part of the rot in Odili's regime.

Yes Amaechi reworked the road and did not do any other work on that particular brigde except re-surfacing.

Now how do you judge the Eleme flyover? I am inclined to think that if Omehia had not paid 100% upfront (as we were told) maybe, just maybe, nothing would have been done at both places.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 10:14am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical:

Please stop displaying your high level of ignorance in the public. What do you know about road construction? What do you mean by international standard? Apart from RCC please name other continental standard road construction companies in PH. Is it gitto, mcc, solberg, zerock, homan, or lcc?

You talk of road quality. What makes a good road? Aside rumuobiokani-slaughter, new airport (reconstructed by Amaechi because Odili did it 1st with Bulletine). Do you how poor old aba road, okporo road (though not yet completed up to Eneka) are? A good number of roads constructed by Amaechi are narrow. Look at old aba road, okporo road (not complete), rumuokwurushi-igwurita road, etc. Are they not narrow compared with the traffic road they carry?

If you know PH very well, you will know that we need flyovers. If not for Omeha, Odili and Spiff, we may not have had any flyover in PH. Tell me how many your governor Amaechi has constructed.

Which company is adjudged as the best in Nigeria in area of road construction and/or civil engineering construction? Which company is the major contractor in Akwa Ibom? Of you know that it is Julius Berger.

akpabio can furnish julius berger with all his state's money as he likes so they can take it back to germany and invest. Gov. Ameachi the smart man that he is has a policy of "rivers money for rivers people" that is why contracts are awarded locally and beneficiaries like chief o.b lulu briggs can re invest in the state and create jobs, like the 3 hotels he has built. So stop wallowing in your ignorance that julius berger is ultimate. Sounds like a child berating another for saying mimee or dangote noodles is better than indomie noodles.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2013
And some he goats seem to be cherry picking their criticism. They have forgotten about the okrika ring road, which even ada george could not build for his people. Ameachi has done it.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical:

I look at Eliozu fly over viz a viz the deconjestion of the Eliozu junction. If you know that junction before, you will understand me point.

Yes Amaechi reworked the road and did not do any other work on that particular brigde except re-surfacing.

Now how do you jugde the Eleme flyover? I am inclined to think that if Omehia had not paid 100% upfront (as we were told) maybe, just maybe, nothing would have been done at both places.
you are right.i couldnt agree more.but the drainage on that road airport road is superb.rcc did well.my brother before that eliozu fly over it was hell there.i remember but now the terrible state of east west road is causing world class hold ups there.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2013
Symphony007: akpabio can furnish julius berger with all his state's money as he likes so they can take it back to germany and invest. Gov. Ameachi the smart man that he is has a policy of "rivers money for rivers people" that is why contracts are awarded locally and beneficiaries like chief o.b lulu briggs can re invest in the state and create jobs, like the 3 hotels he has built. So stop wallowing in your ignorance that julius berger is ultimate. Sounds like a child berating another for saying mimee or dangote noodles is better than indomie noodles.
but that ' rivers money for rivers people'nearly cost us quality on a lot of roads e.g nta choba whose contract he gave to then pdp chairman gu ake who in turn sold it to an idio.tic lebanese company that ruined that road.i am glad amaechi came to his senses and gave it to mcc for resurfacing
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Symphony007: akpabio can furnish julius berger with all his state's money as he likes so they can take it back to germany and invest. Gov. Ameachi the smart man that he is has a policy of "rivers money for rivers people" that is why contracts are awarded locally and beneficiaries like chief o.b lulu briggs can re invest in the state and create jobs, like the 3 hotels he has built. So stop wallowing in your ignorance that julius berger is ultimate. Sounds like a child berating another for saying mimee or dangote noodles is better than indomie noodles.

I guess that RCC, MCC and Gitto working for RVSG unlike Julius Berger are Nigerian companies.

You see my problem with you is that you don't verify information. LCC is not owned by Lulu Briggs as I was told. I heard that is a franchise hybrid kind of arrangement. It is owned by Lebaneese. These Lebaneese are just using the name of Lulu Brigg. He is a figure head director or so. You also know that lcc makes use of unqualified lebaneese.RCC, Gitto, LCC and I think MCC are all foreign companies working for RVSG just like Julius Berger is working for for AKSG. Ask questions my friend, verify.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2013
phantom: but that ' rivers money for rivers people'nearly cost us quality on a lot of roads e.g nta choba whose contract he gave to then pdp chairman gu ake who in turn sold it to an idio.tic lebanese company that ruined that road.i am glad amaechi came to his senses and gave it to mcc for resurfacing

Don't mind that guy. He will also telll us that Homan located along transamadi road that worked for RVSG at Choba area is is also a 'nigerian' company unlike berger.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by gazonga(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2013
MCC is own by Azuta John Mbata former senator.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by phantom(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2013
gazonga: MCC is own by Azuta John Mbata former senator.
i think he just has a stake.looks like hes on the board or something.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 05, 2013
phantom: you are right.i couldnt agree more.but the drainage on that road airport road is superb.rcc did well.my brother before that eliozu fly over it was hell there.i remember but now the terrible state of east west road is causing world class hold ups there.

Well since there is work currently going on on the east-west road (by FGN) axis, I guess that that area will soon be one of the best places. It is just that I would have preferred Julius Berger to handle the east-west road.

What I see Setraco doing is good but I don't know if they will get their compaction right to achieve the require maximum dry density, MDD.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Abagworo(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2013
jusRadical: Personally, the very best projects in the area of road construction in rivers state in the past 6.5 years were done by sir celestine Omehia. They are the Eleme junction flyover and the Eliozu flyover. These projects have touched many people in rivers state.

Please Abagworo what is holding that shopping mall at GRA junction in PH from completion? Omehia started it and till today Amaechi has not completed it.

That shopping mall was started during Odili era and I believe politics of land has a lot to do with its stagnance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IGP Idris Commissions New Interpol Office In Abuja (photos) / Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist / We Will Win Lagos In 2019, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.