Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi (16160 Views)

Okonjo-iweala To Buhari: You Must Do Something About Oil Cartel / Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by nairaarea: 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSSDA SCHOLARSHIP HAS GIVEN SCHOLARSHIPS TO MORE THAN 1000 RIVERS PEOPLE THANKS TO CRA. TALK ABOUT YOUR STATE AND LEAVE AMAECHI ALONE http://www.rssdangscholars.org/hcd/scholar.asp?id=scholar

THE FG IS UNJUSTLY VICTIMIZING RIVERS STATE. VILLAGES THAT NEVER HAD SCHOOLS NOW HAVE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS.

13000 TEACHERS EMPLOYED

MORE THAN 150 HEALTH CENTRES WITH DOCTORS AND NURSES

MORE THAN 450 MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOLS

SHONGAI FARMS

WORK MANSHIP TRAINING CENTRES

BANANA PLANTATIONS TO BOOST THE AGRIC SECTOR ETC.

SO MANY OTHERS THAT I CANNOT MENTION HERE

IF YOU WANT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST/ 2013 YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE RIVERS STATE(FREEDOM OF INFORMATION BILL)
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by eliz1: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: In response to the two posters above, governor ameachi bought that jet to save rivers people the cost of running an old jet which the state had used since. Futhermore it is a fraction of what would have cost to provide water so they decided to do the comprehensive borrowing to execute the project once and for all. It says alot that the guy is willing to provide water for his people.

Let's talk about his lordship, goodluck jonathan who spends 58.47 million dollars that's over 9 billion naira, to run his presidential airfleet annually. That money equals a new rivers state government jet every year. So you folks never get tired of attacking ameachi for buying one jet during his administration while your man is spending that same amount of money used to buy the jet just to maintain his 10 others every year. And this is an administration with no scheme whatsoever on providing water for the nigerians people; and they have the guts to attack others for trying. Pathetic.

P/s: tell pres. Jonathan and his people to release rivers government jet they grounded since. He has 10 jets already. Does he need to add rivers people's jet to his fleet? Please return!

Jesus said to his disciples, if people hated me they will hate you. this is what is happening in naija and nairaland, the content of the post is on finance minister and amaechi, what has GEJ, the peoples' President has to do with this post that you are abusing him? please, do not only bring boko haram to make GEJ's regime ungovernable but bring the lucifer himself, nonsense. GEJ come 2015 if you like "go and die"

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidential-fleet-larger-than-three-domestic-airlines/
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by eliz1: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: In response to the two posters above, governor ameachi bought that jet to save rivers people the cost of running an old jet which the state had used since. Futhermore it is a fraction of what would have cost to provide water so they decided to do the comprehensive borrowing to execute the project once and for all. It says alot that the guy is willing to provide water for his people.

Let's talk about his lordship, goodluck jonathan who spends 58.47 million dollars that's over 9 billion naira, to run his presidential airfleet annually. That money equals a new rivers state government jet every year. So you folks never get tired of attacking ameachi for buying one jet during his administration while your man is spending that same amount of money used to buy the jet just to maintain his 10 others every year. And this is an administration with no scheme whatsoever on providing water for the nigerians people; and they have the guts to attack others for trying. Pathetic.

P/s: tell pres. Jonathan and his people to release rivers government jet they grounded since. He has 10 jets already. Does he need to add rivers people's jet to his fleet? Please return!

Jesus said to his disciples, if people hated me they will hate you. this is what is happening in naija and nairaland, the content of the post is on finance minister and amaechi, what has GEJ, the peoples' President has to do with this post that you are abusing him? please, do not only bring boko haram to make GEJ's regime ungovernable but bring the lucifer himself, nonsense. GEJ come 2015 if you like "go and die"

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidential-fleet-larger-than-three-domestic-airlines/
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
tomwealth: It pains a lot that a man would could not pay corp' members in his own states who were substituted for teachers can boldling come out to accuse other folks. Rotimi should pls first of all clear all the money's owned all the corp's posted to rivers b4 any other bla bla bla!!!
Talking about building schs, he should lean from gov. Oshomole of Edo state. Oshomole has built more than 200 schools in edo state and U̶̲̥̅̊ don't hear it in median house.
The state government do not owe you a dime for your service. Copy that?
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: how many states in nigeria has built 250 schools and over 150 healthcare centers within 5 years and hired the most public servants in nigerian state government history?

The schools and health care centers (?) were built in his first tenure. Amaechi has been an absentee Governor for the larger part of his second tenure and Rivers people have long since changed their song regarding Amaechi. What new projects are on now? The roundabout at airport junction, okporo road that they''ve refused to dualize, slaughter roundabout + whatever else you can remember = 257billion?

Meanwhile, "they want Rivers people to die"? Amaechi is such a drama queen!

1 Like

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by plaindealer: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
t-something:

from the way you listed these things its very obvious you haven't been to Rivers state , but lifted these so-called projects from the online projects being brandished by Amaechi. Please go to Rivers state and look for 250 schools, it shouldn't be difficult finding at least 150 of them since Rivers state isn't that big.

This thread comes to mind....

Amaechi's school VS Akpabio's schools..

https://www.nairaland.com/1442142/amaechis-schools-vs-akpabios-schools/2

Amaechi is still the man....
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by plaindealer: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1330443/amaechis-health-centres

Another one...

He's still the best in that region no doubt...
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by JaaizTech: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
The only saving grace for Amaechi now will be for him to perform excellently as the Governor of Rivers; because any slip-up on his side will see him getting consumed by GEJ like wild fire. Amaechi I admire your courage and I hope you won't get badly burnt in this fight.

1 Like

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by doublewisdom: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
southsouthman:
I live in Port Harcourt and also voted for Amaechi because of his great achievements in his first term. If he has continued with the same pace PH would have been far better than as it is today. These beautiful schools were all built in his first term. He lost his bearing when he got himself involve with some people from the other part in the country. The mono rail project and bogus projects are all lying unattended to for God knows why. He should leave Okonjo Iwealla alone and come back to the state and concentrate.
Exactly! He started misbehaving when he began eating the wrong type of soup. He needs to learn from what happened to Ngige.

3 Likes

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Onuokwu: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
thisisayus: Let Amechi steal accumulate the moni and spend it here to boost our economy and the harvard frog to go to hell coz she'll end up in U.S after Jona's tenure and improve their economy with our oil moni. I bet pple dnt knw all her children are in harvard.
Wicked woman.

Dude, I sorry for you sha!
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
I know Amaechi is not a saint and i also knw he didnt use the 257 billion naira Rivers allocation 100 percent am sure he stole some of the money undecided but i think he is the best or second best govenor in Nigeria right now after Fashola. He has done a lot for Rivers people. pics below

Garden City Sport Complex

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Garden City Sport Complex

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rivers Mono Rail

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rivers Mono rail

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rivers Monorail

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mass transit

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ph International Airport Renovation

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
obakovich:
You people just seat in front of ur laptops and say rubbish,what healthcentre? The ones wey grass don cover?
you lie from alll sides of the mouth. Please show me a pic of any healthcare center in rivers state that's covered by grass.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Garden city complex aerial view

Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
santa62: building 250 schools and 150 healthcare is not luxreel for rivers people but a necessity, with the amount of money received from FG and other bodies every month we should not only be talking of school and healthcare. how many employment has he created, the road construction he claims to be constructing how many are they. he should stop deceiving himself and think he is deceiving people because self decit is the worst thing a man or anybody can do them self. (Don't compare the money river state collect with other state)
how much employment has he created? You have'nt heard that rivers state is employing more people than any state in the federation? Over 13,600 teachers, over 500 doctors, over 500 med lab scientist, thousands of nurses and midwives? Give me any state that can break that record. And you think this multitude of people are given coconut as salaries? Do you know how much it cost to employ and keep them?
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by naijanaso: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: As per development in Rivers State, they are about to commission about 300 primary schools, they are about to commission another 70 health centres, to add to the 60 they have commissioned before. They are about to commission the Kelsey Harrison Hospital at Emenike Street, there is a new one inside Rivers State University of Science and Technology campus. There is a partnership between the rivers state government and Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), for which they have paid NDDC about N960 million, for the Mother and Child Hospital and NDDC is expected to bring about N900 million to make it N1.8 billion for the hospital. The stadium is about to be completed and many more.

Maybe you are one of those sharing Rivers money, hence your support for non-existing stories that all of you carry about Amaechi. I am from Rivers State, born and grew up there. I know the state in and out. Rivers state is a one city state and a small one for that matter. Amaechi has not really given the state a good facelift as you all claim. Before you get me wrong, I am not saying he didn't do anything at all. Everything you mentioned here were done in his 1st tenure. All he is doing in his 2nd tenure is cause confusion and get power drunken.There is no stretch of road in Portharcourt that is good. Come and find out. People should stop singing unwarranted praise for this man so he can think straight.
You are talking about Hospital...is it not same Amaechi that demolished old UPTH and said he was to build a state of the art hospital by a canadian firm which they claimed he had paid up to a billion naira upfront and later told Rivers people stories concerning that? Abeg, make I hear.
80% of car owners in PH now go for SUV/Jeeps not because they love it, but because the roads are terribly bad.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
jazzydee: Schools and healthcare centres are not the only infrastructures that rivers state need at the moment. If this is the only thing that Amaechi can point to in 6yrs of administration, then he has failed the people woefully, when compared with the huge resources that comes into the state monthly.

All Amaechi achievements were in his first term. from january to october 2013 Amaechi has recieved a whopping N257 billion or $1.5Billion naira from the federation account!
that amount is more than the yearly budgets of many african countries. The big question is what has he done with that amount within the said period?
gov. Ameachi has spent billions of naira on roads, schools, bridges, hospitals, and many other infastructural projects. Let's not forget the RSSDA, nigeria's first state government development agency which set up stuff like the shonghai faem, buguma fish farm, ogoni banana plantation, erc.. All these cost money dear. Go check out tthe RSSDA budget. They have sent more students abroad than any other state. Futhermore cool billions is going into the development of the greater port harcourt city. Also currently, the rivers state government has more civil servants than some small african countries. With over 15 thousand teachers, thousands of medical doctors, med lab scientist, nurses,pharmacist,etc on it's payroll. Making rivers state to incure perhaps nigeria's largest wage bill running into billions per month. Be luminated!
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by lagcity(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
clip: Ameachi, waiting for your reply.
Warning: Ameachi please don't try madam, she is good at figure and keeping record because of her profession( PhD in Economic Development ).While you re good at talking because of your profession( B.A English)

She got her Ph.D. in Urban Planning
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Abagworo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
naijanaso:

Maybe you are one of those sharing Rivers money, hence your support for non-existing stories that all of you carry about Amaechi. I am from Rivers State, born and grew up there. I know the state in and out. Rivers state is a one city state and a small one for that matter. Amaechi has not really given the state a good facelift as you all claim. Before you get me wrong, I am not saying he didn't do anything at all. Everything you mentioned here were done in his 1st tenure. All he is doing in his 2nd tenure is cause confusion and get power drunken.There is no stretch of road in Portharcourt that is good. Come and find out. People should stop singing unwarranted praise for this man so he can think straight.
You are talking about Hospital...is it not same Amaechi that demolished old UPTH and said he was to build a state of the art hospital by a canadian firm which they claimed he had paid up to a billion naira upfront and later told Rivers people stories concerning that? Abeg, make I hear.
80% of car owners in PH now go for SUV/Jeeps not because they love it, but because the roads are terribly bad.

In what way is Rivers State a small or one city State? So Bonny, Ahoada, Obigbo, Onne and Bori are all one city. Maybe you mean one large city. Nothing in this world can hide the fact that Amaechi has tried even though there's every room for improvement. Once FG is done with East-West Road, Port-Harcourt will achieve 80% accessibilty and free flow of traffic. What will be left is now the new airport link road. Woji, Iwofe and Trans-Amadi are today under re-construction and when completed means 100% of internal major roads within Port-Harcourt metropolis is in best form. The schools speak for themselves.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Symphony007: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
vividovy: u forgot to add dat rubbish monorail he has spent billions constructing, it has been under construction 4 d past 4 yrs. I guess its jst to beautify station to azikiwe road cos if dat rubbish is meant 4 transportation den amaechi is definitely dreaming.
myopic people like you are the reason nigeria never attempts anything big. So you think a monorail is like a road that can be built within months? Go find out how long it took to construct the miami monorail, new york's east side monorail,etc...it's a working progress it took the city of maimi 10 years to complete one phase of their monorail(1987 to 1994) and another 7 years to complete another phase(1994-2002)..and you bunch expect the rivers state government is complete their's in the twinkle of an eye. The government of chibuike ameachi will complete the station to UTC phase before leaving office. It will be up to the next administration to complete the next phase. UTC to garrison. But God forbid the next rivers governor thinks like you less the project will die.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by tsomething: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Abagworo:

In what way is Rivers State a small or one city State? So Bonny, Ahoada, Obigbo, Onne and Bori are all one city. Maybe you mean one large city. Nothing in this world can hide the fact that Amaechi has tried even though there's every room for improvement. Once FG is done with East-West Road, Port-Harcourt will achieve 80% accessibilty and free flow of traffic. What will be left is now the new airport link road. Woji, Iwofe and Trans-Amadi are today under re-construction and when completed means 100% of internal major roads within Port-Harcourt metropolis is in best form. The schools speak for themselves.

Stop lying!! You guys just sit behind your laptops in Lagos and write lies. So now its only the East West road that is bad in PH? Lemme ask you, name any stretch of 10 to15Km road in PH that is motorable? If you live in PH you will know that they are very few. Take a journey to the nearby state Akwa Ibom, and see how oil money is spent and its visible in all sectors not just some over hyped schools. I call them over hyped cos those buildings are the regular buildings we construct everyday only that the landscaping and furnishing gives it this janded look which people like you use in bragging. Amaechi should stop crying like a baby and focus on giving his people value for their money. Akpabio has constructed hundreds of Km of FG roads which he hasn't been paid yet he ain't crying , rather he's constructing more, why? Because he promised to change the face of his state and giving excuses for failure to keep that promise won't be entertained
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by Abagworo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
t-something:

Stop lying!! You guys just sit behind your laptops in Lagos and write lies. So now its only the East West road that is bad in PH? Lemme ask you, name any stretch of 10 to15Km road in PH that is motorable? If you live in PH you will know that they are very few. Take a journey to the nearby state Akwa Ibom, and see how oil money is spent and its visible in all sectors not just some over hyped schools. I call them over hyped cos those buildings are the regular buildings we construct everyday only that the landscaping and furnishing gives it this janded look which people like you use in bragging. Amaechi should stop crying like a baby and focus on giving his people value for their money. Akpabio has constructed hundreds of Km of FG roads which he hasn't been paid yet he ain't crying , rather he's constructing more, why? Because he promised to change the face of his state and giving excuses for failure to keep that promise won't be entertained

IMHO Akwa-Ibom has not done 1/10th of what Amaechi did. Only the drainage network embarked upon by Amaechi in Port-Harcourt alone along side the compensation for demolished properties will complete the entire roads in Akwa-Ibom. Port-Harcourt was worse than Aba in terms of drainage when Amaechi came and I honestly believe tens of billions have been sunk in drainage system alone.

All the major roads in Port-Harcourt apart from the ones still under construction are in perfect conditions of international standard. All the roads done by Amaechi were not done for beauty or hype but with the best of quality materials and drainage.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
N257 billion or $1.6 billion plus IGR (internally Generated Revenue) of almost same amount in 10months shocked shocked, that is more than the annual budget of most African countries and with a population of 6.5 million people within a land mass of 1.9million hectares and Amaechi cannot provide portable water for them except he gets a $200 million loan, which is like 6 percent of the state gross income and he is trying to blame NOI and GEJ.

This Amaechi is a thieving crook trying to divert attention from himself with all kinds of political rhetorics.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by nairaarea: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
NICE WORK Abagworo, ikp4succes, Akainzo and Symphony007.

IT IS SAD THAT AN ACHIEVER LIKE AMAECHI IS BEEN UNJUSTLY INSULTED BY PEOPLE WHO CANNOT EVEN LEAD A WARD.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Symphony007: myopic people like you are the reason nigeria never attempts anything big. So you think a monorail is like a road that can be built within months? Go find out how long it took to construct the miami monorail, new york's east side monorail,etc...it's a working progress it took the city of maimi 10 years to complete one phase of their monorail(1987 to 1994) and another 7 years to complete another phase(1994-2002)..and you bunch expect the rivers state government is complete their's in the twinkle of an eye. The government of chibuike ameachi will complete the station to UTC phase before leaving office. It will be up to the next administration to complete the next phase. UTC to garrison. But God forbid the next rivers governor thinks like you less the project will die.
Dubai did their`s in 3 yrs, I was there when it started and finished.
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by luvinhubby(m): 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
ikp4succes: Garden city complex aerial view
Misplaced priority, another sports complex when there are two existing stadia in the same city of Port Harcourt and he is looking for a loan to provide portable water. lipsrsealed
What is been siphoned spent on that complex can comfortably cater for the water needs of PH people, between a third stadium complex and portable water which is higher in the scale of preference?
Haaa !!! Politrickcians. shocked
Re: You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi by nairaarea: 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
luvinhubby:
Dubai did their`s in 3 yrs, I was there when it started and finished.

MY FRIEND TERRAIN IS DIFFERENT. CONSTRUCTION WORKS ARE PUT ON A HALT DURING RAINY SEASON ELSE IT WILL AMOUNT TO A COLLOSAL LOSS. JUST BE PATIENT AND AMAECHI WILL SOON GIVE YOU REASONS TO UNDERSTAND HOW HE SPENT OUR MONEY....PROJECTS ARE GOING ON.

MORE PROJECTS WILL GUARANTEE MORE VOTES FOR HIS APC CANDIDATE. HE DOESNT HAVE AN OPTION.

FG AND ALL OTHER STATES BORROW MONEY AT ONE TIME OR THE OTHER SO IT IS OUR RIGHT. IF FG DECIDES NOT TO GIVE RS. THEN IT IS UNJUST.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet T.B. Joshua Have Done It Again INSTANT MIRACLE Must See / Miyetti Allah Disowns Member Over 'Saraki Resign Or Be Forced Out' / 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.