Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36668 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
rexbuton: As soon As The dialogue begins, all exploration rights,mining concessions and ownership of oil blocks must be revoked. And fresh negotiations would be decided. You cannot have alh. dantata owning oil blocks in The creeks, it is against federal character. They would also decide on demilitarised zones close to The borders And free trade areas, afterall we Are all brothers, aren't we?

Interesting. If the owners of those blocks are not fairly compensated, I'm sure this idea may die very quickly.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by expert1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Asari Dokubo should have used the resources he got from Nigeria to establish the University and other Institutions in the Niger-Delta area. It shows that he is fighting for his pocket alone.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by baba11(m): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
I love him except that he goes overboard atimes!!!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Onlytruth(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Something tells me that your head is empty as far as solutions to the questions I raised are concerned. Your fist sentence above is so incoherent that I'm starting to worry about you.

I am not assuming that blood must be shed, I am asking you for suggestions which would avoid wars which would lead to bloodshed. The truth is, when its time to work and provide real solutions, you people suddenly become brainless. sanu cheesy

Again my question: Why do you ALWAYS assume a violent breakup of Nigeria?Be man enough to own up to your real beliefs. Was a single shot fired when Czechoslovakia disintegrated? Was a shot fired when the Baltic states left the ALMIGHTY Soviet Union?
Were there no shared assets and resources in those countries?

Why do you always assume that we Africans can't achieve similar noble feats?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: I will commit my resources towards going 'our seperate ways' as soon as bright minds can proffer viable solutions to these issues:

1) How do we share the assets jointly owned without bloodshed. Assets like seaports, airports, investments in developing natural resources?

I invite brilliant minds to list potential solutions to this problem. I have more but let's start with this.

It is not enough to lazily yell separation without any framework which wouldn't lead to unnecessary violence. I humbly await reasonable contributions.

People are very hungry and starving and have decided to cook a meal. Do you think questions about what type and quantity will stop them from cooking and eating. At the end, they will agree on something and proceed with that.

Many nations have separated peacefully, nothing stops Nigeria from adopting the templates used in those countries. It is not such a big deal.

But I do not subscribe to the school of disintegration.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by tashan: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Gendarmes in Benin, have done what the Nigerian security agencies refuse to do. Hateful, divisive and inciting speech have no place in today's world. Yet everyday this current administration allows the likes of Dokubo to fan and stoke hateful speech.
Whatever happened to law courts, peaceful demonstrations, picketing........
We cannot move forward as a nation, if we continue to allow lawlessness to perpetuate in our society at all levels, from armored car buying ministers to militants threatening the peace and inciting divisiveness to all you who beat traffic lights and drive one way in Lagos...smh for this country

IS THE BREAK UP OF NIGERIA THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS FACING THE COUNTRY? You anwser truthfully and you will see where our real problems lie.

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
tsmack: Orishirishi!!!

The question is who is to blame?

i. The journalists who give noise makers like these audience or the publishers who publish them for lack of better content
ii. The social media that ensures that some nonsense (from people who have no value to add) makes news
iii. The youths who only celebrate noise makers and people with money (irrespective of whether they are thieves and or people with questionable character)
iv. The Oil Companies who continue to dish out millions of Naira to people like these (for the sake of peace) instead of directing the money towards projects with lasting social and economic impact
v. or The Nigerian Government who lacks the will to fight corruption and try people like this for treason

Who is to be blamed for u being a loser?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Ngwakwe: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nigeria the pride of Black Continent and people shouldn't be allowed to die.

Suggest a new template if none exist where inspiration would have been drawn.

Any sort of Confederation to preserve the name Nigeria will suffice considering that all components of the breakaway will still be members of ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Arouser(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Business this and business that. Asari where did you get all the money used in establishing all your schools? Where have you worked and what family fortune did you inherit? I wonder why nonentities like this should attract audience. Can he really say he is speaking for Niger Deltans?

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BloggingIq: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: all seaport and airport in Yoruba nation belongs to us. Anything in ur region belongs to you. It's only oil that we sit and talk/negotiate how to share the revenue. National debt also will be shared. Since the north claims higher population they will get high share of the debt.

you see yourself?

keep what is on your land - pass
we share the oil in other and - epic fall

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Mr man, I've lived in an Ijaw village. So I know what I'm saying. Ijaw people, and Niger Delta as a whole, should start asking their people questions. Until you realize that Dokubo, Tompolo and their likes, not all Niger Deltans, are now comfortable as against the past, you will realize the problem these people are in. How do we describe the situation where those that were never militants benefitted from "generals" given slots to compile lists of ex militants.
How can they ask Dokubo question or him answering when they never elected him into any office, on what basis?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
GetGuide: my questions is
will there be peace in all these part

Even if Nigeria is divided some set of people will still be greedy and control the wealth of that part.

Asari will continue to dictate in Biafra

let there be peace
Then he will no longer be your problem and irritant anymore but Biafra alone, if he is to become a Biafran. Keeping Nigeria one, hoping that one day, for some reason, they will start to love each other in order to progress is not an option.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
tashan:
IS THE BREAK UP OF NIGERIA THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS FACING THE COUNTRY? You anwser truthfully and you will see where our real problems lie.
Keeping Nigeria one has been the biggest obstacle to Nigeria and Nigerians toward lasting progress. I you are waiting to be told that by now or pretending that you don't know yet, you are not old enough to discuss Nigeria.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eziachi:
How can they ask Dokubo question or him answering when they never elected him into any office, on what basis?
Why won't they when when he started he claimed to be fighting for them, all of a sudden he is rich and doesn't dim it fit to establish his business in the ND where some of his people could have been employed?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: Baptized in deeper life ? shocked shocked I wonder what caused d change
. Keep pondering, Allah(swt) shows him the right path.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
EngrH: Why are the yorubas afraid of break-up? Is it because a ND is saying it? Smh. @topic, we biafrans support your dream sir
. We 'll be ever ready, no cause 2 be afraid!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by tashan: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eziachi:
Keeping Nigeria one has been the biggest obstacle to Nigeria and Nigerians toward lasting progress. I you are waiting to be told that by now or pretending that you don't know yet, you are not old enough to discuss Nigeria.

No keeping Nigeria one has never being the biggest obstacle, Nepotism, Kleptomania, ethinic bigotry, entitlement mentality, thieves masquerading as leaders, poor and visionless leadership are the biggest obstacles.
Please address issues without making personal references, age has nothing to do with this discussion.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Arouser: Business this and business that. Asari where did you get all the money used in establishing all your schools? Where have you worked and what family fortune did you inherit? I wonder why nonentities like this should attract audience. Can he really say he is speaking for Niger Deltans?
Honestly the guy is so annoying.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by arsenalwenger: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
basithamsat: . Keep pondering, Allah(swt) shows him the right path.
The right path to militancy, fighting the authority, killing, maiming and looting. Of course you knw it wont be possible for him to do all this if he is still a deeperlife member. To Islam, the aforementioned are normal.

Thanks to that arabic 'prophet' (piss be on him).

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by EngrH: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

People are very hungry and starving and have decided to cook a meal. Do you think questions about what type and quantity will stop them from cooking and eating. At the end, they will agree on something and proceed with that.

Many nations have separated peacefully, nothing stops Nigeria from adopting the templates used in those countries. It is not such a big deal.

But I do not subscribe to the school of disintegration.
always talking with both sides of your mouth
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Why won't they when when he started he claimed to be fighting for them, all of a sudden he is rich and doesn't dim it fit to establish his business in the ND where some of his people could have been employed?
Many govts, organisations and individuals fought for the people of South Africa against the apartheid, does it mean they are answerable to the South African people?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by backtosender: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
shymexx: Honestly, anyone who cares about the plight of Nigerians should be championing disintegration. The country will never work and that's the honest truth. There are too many things working against the country and its progress. And the fact that there are three major ethnic groups, which are almost as as powerful as one another albeit with different orientation and interests - is one of the major factors working against the country. If you care about Nigeria, then you need to tilt your mindset towards disintegration.

The country can break into three - North, South and West - or into four or five, depending on what the people agree on. You lot just need to rid your minds off the fear of the unknown and focus on what you would gain on the long run.

Shalom!
SHALOM!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
tashan:

No keeping Nigeria one has never being the biggest obstacle, Nepotism, Kleptomania, ethinic bigotry, entitlement mentality, thieves masquerading as leaders, poor and visionless leadership are the biggest obstacles.
Please address issues without making personal references, age has nothing to do with this discussion.
One Nigeria brought the aforementioned things to the fore and magnified by 100. Break Nigeria today, those things won't disappear but will return to their pre 1914 level or at least pre 1966 when we are independent of each others everyday governance/life though strong regional autonomous govts.
Everyday, you want Igbos out of your land, people are being deported inside their own country and on the same breath, you want one Nigeria, does it make any sense?
Age got everything to do with it, because those around even in 1970 after a bitter civil war, will tell you that Nigerian then were more tolerant than Nigeria of 2013.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by SamIkenna: 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
We're getting there. No intimidation, IED, threat, and violence is powerful enough to stop an idea whose time has come. Disintegration is here with us and can no longer be denied anymore.

Northern Sudan treated Southern Sudan like animals for decades because the former believed they were the "chosen Arabs" in the midst of filthy southern black Christians. Well, need I say how it ended?

For One-Nigerianists and Born-to-Rules, I've got news for you and its this - same equation same solution.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
shymexx: Honestly, anyone who cares about the plight of Nigerians should be championing disintegration. The country will never work and that's the honest truth. There are too many things working against the country and its progress. And the fact that there are three major ethnic groups, which are almost as as powerful as one another albeit with different orientation and interests - is one of the major factors working against the country. If you care about Nigeria, then you need to tilt your mindset towards disintegration.
The country can break into three - North, South and West - or into four or five, depending on what the people agree on. You lot just need to rid your minds off the fear of the unknown and focus on what you would gain on the long run.
Shalom!
It is not that although that's the impression you may get by the vituperative exchanges on the politics section here. That is just empty talk which Nigerians are good at. They too dey make mouth sef.
The main problem we have is that elements like Dokubo-Asari are still roaming the streets freely instead of being caged. In other words we meed a country that operates by the rule of law where armed bandits are severely dealt with.
Otherwise the Nigerian project is still on.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
It is not that although that the impression you may get by the vituperative exchanges on the politics section here. That is just empty talk which Nigerians are good at. They too dey make mouth sef.
The main problem we have is that elements like Dokubo-Asari are still roaming the streets freely instead of being caged. In other words we meed a country that operates by the rule of law where armed bandits are severely dealt with.
Otherwise the Nigerian project is still on.
There is Asari in 99.9% of Nigerians, even among your ruling elites from every section of Nigeria, only that he is bold or stupid enough to voice it in public and thanks to media that is no longer control from Lagos. If you doubt me open the politics section of Nairaland.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Have you asked yourself what these people do with their allocation? I served in an Ijaw community where I saw poverty occasioned mainly by the greed of some privileged ones who appropriated what the whole community is supposed to enjoy. The Niger Deltan of which I happen to be one, though Itsekiri, should start asking their leaders questions. Asari Dokubo has built a university and has chains of businesses and houses, who has asked him how he got the money. Tompolo has a maritime school. I was in Kiagbodo, Burutu LGA, Delta State, and I saw the structures of the university Edwin Kiagbodo Clark was erecting. How did he come about the money in his 80s?

What structures is Clark erecting My God, you just lie too much. Itsekiri my foot.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by 5thNOTE: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: Baptized in deeper life ? shocked shocked I wonder what caused d change
This is an anticipated anticipation that must be fulfilled. Nigeria should split with ppl of D same Ideology and sensilbility forming a country. D North go their way, D south their way. If D South still have some Sense malinged fellows, it further go into Southsouth and Biafra republic or union like D U.K. One sure truth is that D Biafra republic will stand.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Arouser: Business this and business that. Asari where did you get all the money used in establishing all your schools? Where have you worked and what family fortune did you inherit? I wonder why nonentities like this should attract audience. Can he really say he is speaking for Niger Deltans?
He will tell you as and when you elect him to rule over you, just as David Mark, Tumbawal, GEJ and other never told you where they got theirs even though you elected them.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

Again my question: Why do you ALWAYS assume a violent breakup of Nigeria?Be man enough to own up to your real beliefs. Was a single shot fired when Czechoslovakia disintegrated? Was a shot fired when the Baltic states left the ALMIGHTY Soviet Union?
Were there no shared assets and resources in those countries?

Why do you always assume that we Africans can't achieve similar noble feats?

I'm sorry to say that one of your problems is that you people do not know who you are, nor understand your identity. Czechoslovakia is no Nigeria.

I don't think you can sweep the civil war under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

Give me a blueprint of how you can split Nigeria up without very violent repercusions, please. I'm still waiting. I find it interesting that most of the proponents of this disintegration are loumouth biafra apologists who are looking for a back door towards reestablishing the biafra territory. I'm quite sure the Asaris of the ND will not appreciate that gesture. Trust me, they are not on your side.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm sorry to say that one of your problems is that you people do not know who you are, nor understand your identity. Czechoslovakia is no Nigeria.

I don't think you can sweep the civil war under the carpet and pretend it never happened.
Yes you are not Czechoslovakia, but it an example that you can end a marriage without shedding blood, if you so wished, for some of you determined not to live together and at the same time don't want to divorce either.
Will our ancestors turn in their graves if Nigeria is to do what no one had ever done before and do it even better than Czechoslovakia and for others to copy you? Does the Czech and Slovakians has double brains, while you possess half inside Nigeria?
Why do you want to shed blood? Why can't rule and govern yourself without outside interference? What are you afraid of being on your own?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
The thing is that Nigeria of 2013 is far more united than Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia or USSR where you had a breakup in the 1990s along national lines after the fall of Communism
Another thing is the analogy with these Slavic countries is false because the tribes in Nigeria bear no resemblance to the national groupings in Eastern Europe with their more rigid geographical demarcations.
These tribes in Nigeria are mainly a forum for socio-cultural interaction. They have never constituted a framework for modern political administration and they never will.
Nigeria for all practical purposes has become unbreakable.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Hope Uzodinma Hosts Imo Muslims To A Banquet On Eid-El-Fitr (Photos) / Pictures Of Peter Obi On His Way To His Polling Unit In Agulu, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.