Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36667 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
DerideGull:
I must say that only lazy fools sat dormant while postulating over problem without solution. Also, being visionary is not seeing things the way they are but the way they should have been. If Nigerians are smart and civilized human beings, disintegration does not call for war or even [size=14pt]wrestling matches. [/size]

There must be a Republic of Igbo land as a nation state. In addition, the republic could listen to other groups if there is any need to form a confederation. As for the fixed asserts of Nigeria, Republic of Igbo land should not owe anybody because there is no federal presence within its boundaries. However, a fact finding body should be setup by the nation sates to determine how the former federal assets should be shared or retained.

All the places with fixed federal assets will remit certain percentage of fund to a pool for determined period which will be shared among nation states otherwise would have been denied the access to assets as a result of disintegration. Refusal to abide by the principles reached by the body setup by the nation states could lead to diplomatic wars or even shooting wars.

Sir/Baron Dede1, read this:

Wrestling: Igbo Traditional Wrestling

It is always a privilege for young men to have the courage to engage in a wrestling match. For one has the opportunity to distinguish themselves and to attain a statue of a star in the Community, as evident in the respect and admirations for Warriors distinguish Wrestlers.

Wresting has been known to be used not just as a sport but for other purposes. At times, disputes are settled with this all-important sport. An extremely popular girl, who has had several approaches from suitors, may find it difficult to choose the one she will marry. What happens in this case, is that; a wrestling competition is arranged for all the suitors and whoever emerges victorious marries the girl.

Inter-village wrestling competitions are not uncommon. Each village has its own wrestling ground, which is very soft and well looked after. The wrestlers are grouped according to their records of achievements. All the villagers are informed of any competitions, which usually takes place in the evenings. A ring is made and spectators sit around it with the chief, titled men, the musicians and the wrestlers.

Boys who have been specially trained provide a brand of music. The wrestlers squat and chat together. The competition is started by the two principal wrestlers from the two villages in the case of inter-village match. Various techniques are employed and a wrestler can easily win the applause of the spectators with his adroit styles. Any competitor that is lifted off the ground is declared defeated. And If it appears that no competitor is defeated, the wrestlers are said to be evenly matched. It's declared a draw and another set of wrestlers comes in.

The months of June and July, when the hungry season or "onwo" occurs, wrestlers in the villages get excited about the upcoming matches. This sport is usually celebrated together with certain Customs that includes: dancing, drumming, sacrifices, and other rituals. For Igbo males, taking part in this athletic event will give them the opportunity to prove their status in society as they fight with others. These contests of strength and skill were also used to settle conflicts in pre-colonial times.

http://www.the-nigeria.com/2011/11/traditional-wrestling-igbo-traditional.html

^^^Interesting piece! grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
informatix: Dokubo Asari you are a Muslim from christian background I have alot of respect for your Bravery. Christians are not persecuted in the North the northern Christians doesn't need you to rescue Them. Why didn't u built your university in riyom and make study free for northern Christians. What we need is unity not division. You can go and have your Nigerdelta republic.
Am sure his building a private University is to make money and not a charity, hence he will choose were he will get the best return for his investment without much competition, unlike in.Nigeria where every village seems to have a university at the moment.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by concacid: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
EngrH: Why are the yorubas afraid of break-up? Is it because a ND is saying it? Smh. @topic, we biafrans support your dream sir
Cowa*rds.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Onlytruth(m): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: I will commit my resources towards going 'our seperate ways' as soon as bright minds can proffer viable solutions to these issues:

1) How do we share the assets jointly owned without bloodshed. Assets like seaports, airports, investments in developing natural resources?

I invite brilliant minds to list potential solutions to this problem. I have more but let's start with this.

It is not enough to lazily yell separation without any framework which wouldn't lead to unnecessary violence. I humbly await reasonable contributions.

Much as I would like Nigeria to somehow survive and thrive as the pride of the black man, FACTS ON GROUND, and my Christian faith discourage me.
When people like you always talk as if Africans are sub-humans that can only use violence to solve the same problems others in Europe and Asia have solved peacefully, it puts another nail to the dreams of a shared future; at least it tells me that you and I have no business being in one country.

Currently, people are dying almost constantly (thousands in some years) just because people like you are threatening more violence should Nigeria disintegrate. IMHO, only Satan supports any system that is sustained by constant shedding of human blood.

ndu_chucks, are you Satan?

6 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
alienware: what is this one saying ? All the resources found within Nigerian belongs to each an everyone of us.
The same way you share your monthly salary with your brothers and sisters, don't even mention your entire village.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by GetGuide: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
my questions is
will there be peace in all these part

Even if Nigeria is divided some set of people will still be greedy and control the wealth of that part.

Asari will continue to dictate in Biafra

let there be peace

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: including their leaders and people. They need total deliverance.
an u'll be the one to deliver them. What a sane pastor! cheesy
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
Honestly, anyone who cares about the plight of Nigerians should be championing disintegration. The country will never work and that's the honest truth. There are too many things working against the country and its progress. And the fact that there are three major ethnic groups, which are almost as as powerful as one another albeit with different orientation and interests - is one of the major factors working against the country. If you care about Nigeria, then you need to tilt your mindset towards disintegration.

The country can break into three - North, South and West - or into four or five, depending on what the people agree on. You lot just need to rid your minds off the fear of the unknown and focus on what you would gain on the long run.

Shalom!

7 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by DerideGull(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
There is also downright criminality and shameless theivery as exhibited by the likes of Onanefe Ibori and Dokubo Asari. If it were just about tribalism the solution would be much easier to state.

Yes, tribalism is different from tribal bias or bigotry. If it is a mere tribalism, whatever is stolen by the aforementioned characters, could be recovered by their people with ease unless they choose not to return home. You must agree with me that Nigeria has become “no-man’s land” and tribal sections are willing to defend one of theirs in the context of corruptive Nigerian lifestyle.

Folks from Onanefe Ibori or Dokubo Asari ethnicities would defend them in the context of Nigeria and would have dealt ruthlessly with the characters if they had stolen from thinny Urhobo Republic or Ijo Republic which has meager resources and a burden to defend its borders from aggressive neighbors willing to crush them. Necessity, they say, brings the best out of a human.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: We The People Of Arewa Are Now Begining To Be Fed Up With All This Threats Of Dividing The Nation, Gej! Organize The Conference Lets Break! Eat Your Oil, We Are Tired Of All This We Are Not Afraid Of It No More. Haba! Think Of All Of This Workers In Our Companies, Banks, Hospitals, And Other Government Agencies Are Going To Be Replaced By Our People. Think Of The Vast Agricultural Land God Bestowed Onto Us, Think Of The All Those Mineral Deposits We Have Here In Arewa. And Who Told You That There Is No Oil In Arewa? Take Nijer Republic For Instance, We Now Mostly Use There Petrolem Products Here In Kano, Aren't The Largest Oil Fields Found In Desert Areas Of This World, Almost Every State Here In The North Has Different Resource That A Whole Country Can Stand On. We Are Saying It Boldly LETS BREAK AND SEE WHO WILL STARVE. Gej We Want You To Hold The Conference With The Every Intention Of Dividing This Country, And Make It Soon!
Now, that's a proper way to go. You wished that your leaders and their elite thinks like you. But unfortunately, they are so drunk on Southern crude oil, that they will even kill you for just saying this to them. Even if you don't have oil, your agro based economy can feed you and feed those with so called oil, because on sundays, their mrs will not fry the stew with crude oil but your onions, then you can sit back and tell them the price.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
conc_acid: Cowa*rds.

Of course. I remember Babangida one day on TV saying my fellow Nigerians... Before he could finish what he was saying, Ekene Dili Chukwu was filled to the brim.
Even Scooby Doo could not perform such a feat.

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by mrofficial(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
EngrH: Why are the yorubas afraid of break-up? Is it because a ND is saying it? Smh. @topic, we biafrans support your dream sir

The break-up will never be peaceful.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Btruth: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
......Dummy, go back to your brother & tell him that. No one is afraid of going their separate ways, even the northerners are ready too.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
rexbuton: if the country divides today, iT is Very possible that host states would lay claims to the assets present in their states especially fixed assets like ports ! An equitable means would have been to analyse the source of the revenue with Which the assets were acquired, then they would be shared on a pro-rata basis. For example, assets acquired in the pre-crude era, would most probably be have been gotten with proceeds from agriculture and mining sectors, So there's is nothing wrong in pushing these things things to those agro centres, it would particularly be possible For movable infrastructure. We would also have to pay attention to depreciation of these assets over time and there would be compensation. Military equipment, vessels, technology could be shared this way. Then For assets acquired in the oil era, the oil producing Areas would receive preference before others, because the advent of oil heralded the death of other sectors. The only exception would be lagos, due to The monies accrued from import duties and tariffs. This is just one option, more to follow...

This is the kind of analysis, devoid of tribal sentiments which need to take place for successful non violent separation. Unfortunately, I am not sure that the bigots, the greedy, and the racists among us will allow that exercise to be carried out in good faith.

I invite others to continue from where you left off. Kudos buddy.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
DerideGull:

Yes, folks from Onanefe Ibori or Dokubo Asari ethnicities would defend them in the context of Nigeria and would have dealt ruthlessly with the characters if they had stolen from thinny Urhobo Republic or Ijo Republic which has meager resources and a burden to defend its borders from aggressive neighbors willing to crush them. Necessity, they say, brings the best out of a human.
Good on you. That is a fact many tend to forget. As long as one Nigeria controlled from one source exist, every segment will always defend their own, irrespective, especially those theirs not use to high positions in the past. That's why I ask true Igbos why we don't often have chairmen of our powerful town union embezzling huge amount of our cash in their care, but tolerate or even encourage our sons and daughters in government to steal our collective wealth?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by SWDude: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Edygrin:
And whats so good about yoruba land?

4 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

Much as I would like Nigeria to somehow survive and thrive as the pride of the black man, FACTS ON GROUND, and my Christian faith discourage me.
When people like you always talk as if Africans are sub-humans that can only use violence to solve the same problems others in Europe and Asia have solved peacefully, it puts another nail to the dreams of a shared future; at least it tells me that you and I have no business being in one country.

Currently, people are dying almost constantly (thousands in some years) just because people like you are threatening more violence should Nigeria disintegrate. IMHO, only Satan supports any system that is sustained by constant shedding of human blood.

ndu_chucks, are you Satan?

nwanne m, put you bigotry and hatred aside for a minute and suggest solution to the question I raised. This is what a dialogue is all about - if you are not disciplined enough to converse like a sane person on nairaland, how do you expect the so-called national dialogue to succeed when there are people like you and even worse all over the place?

You cannot hide by calling me names and I refuse to respond by similarly calling you Ewu can beer or some other character. Answer the question, my friend! dolo
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by drnoel: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: Baptized in deeper life ? shocked shocked I wonder what caused d change
what cased the change is following the supposed winning horse. Give him a few years and he will drop that agdada and cap and start speaking in tongues. Dokubo is no more Muslim than I am and am a bloody catholic
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: all seaport and airport in Yoruba nation belongs to us. Anything in ur region belongs to you. It's only oil that we sit and talk/negotiate how to share the revenue. National debt also will be shared. Since the north claims higher population they will get high share of the debt.

This stance will not get you very far within the national dialoge framework.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by amakenny: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Going our separate ways, surving while having our separate countries as we stay apart should have paid every Nigerian bettter at the long run. Staying together in one Nigeria because of oil and gradully perishing and getting daily dehumanized shows that most of us are people with inadequate thinking faculties. After all, what is still united in a Nigeria which people from the south can not elect to live in the north?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by dbride: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
django1: If Niger delta people are not fools, they must denounce this man. He took all the money he collected from his militancy and went completely out of nigeria to build some rubbish schools in benin republic.

I also heard, bayelsa state government is sponsoring some students to that school.

There's a great deal of things wrong with niger delta.

And you think ARAB MONEY (Donation) is not also involved, even in a much larger quantity? May God open our eyes to see the things that He sees!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eziachi: So what is the difference between the likes of Mike Aikigbe, Magnus Abe of this world and Mr Dokubo with their wealths? Why is the type of stolen wealth by him different from those in govt either in khaki or agbada? Comparing tribal criminals or making some more acceptable than others is what the problem is. Most People who claimed to hate him are not Ijaw, which is the main reason for you to champion his idea of separation, so that you will never had to tolerate him and his life in your own Dokubo free new nation ever again. He will then be a problem only to his Ijaw nation or which ever.
Mr man, I've lived in an Ijaw village. So I know what I'm saying. Ijaw people, and Niger Delta as a whole, should start asking their people questions. Until you realize that Dokubo, Tompolo and their likes, not all Niger Deltans, are now comfortable as against the past, you will realize the problem these people are in. How do we describe the situation where those that were never militants benefitted from "generals" given slots to compile lists of ex militants.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Who will deliver this confused man from himself?.why did he have to go to another country to build his glorified secondary school.Why not in the midst of his people.Is it because he and his kinsmen believe that they have the monopoly of violence.The sad part is Mr President associating with this empty barrel.My people use to say ''Ile lati n ko eso rode''.You can't give what you don't have.He and his co -looters should remember that the day of reckoning is at hand.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by solomon111(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
olabukola: all seaport and airport in Yoruba nation belongs to us. Anything in ur region belongs to you. It's only oil that we sit and talk/negotiate how to share the revenue. National debt also will be shared. Since the north claims higher population they will get high share of the debt.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by solomon111(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
which oil revenue do you want to share,you thief?
Let Nigeria divide and let me see the idiott that will come from the SW or the North asking for oil revenues.
We will use fighter jets to blast you all the way to your arid lands.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
DerideGull:

All the places with fixed federal assets will remit certain percentage of fund to a pool for determined period which will be shared among nation states otherwise would have been denied the access to assets as a result of disintegration. Refusal to abide by the principles reached by the body setup by the nation states could lead to diplomatic wars or even shooting wars.

I'm afraid you are still talking about sharing common resources. You may as well remain in Nigeria and devise a fairer way to share same. If you call for separation, make it a clean getaway, so my question remains: How do you share the assets? Assuming that majority of the parties do not trust others to keep their end of the bargain.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Tolexander: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
DerideGull:

I knew this line, “Thank God Benin Republic is also part of western Nigerian”, is a sure thing that will come from a Yoruba peep when the talk of national conference thickens. It has been Itsekiri are Yoruba and now Benin Republic is part of western region of Nigeria. I guess you have to deal with Dokubo Asari in order to claim Benin Republic.
old cargo of the pliocene.

Only God knows when you will cease not making sense!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by rexbuton: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
As soon As The dialogue begins, all exploration rights,mining concessions and ownership of oil blocks must be revoked. And fresh negotiations would be decided. You cannot have alh. dantata owning oil blocks in The creeks, it is against federal character. They would also decide on demilitarised zones close to The borders And free trade areas, afterall we Are all brothers, aren't we?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by LeStylo: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Who knows? He might become the president of the SS Republic to be formed grin

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Onlytruth(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

nwanne m, put you bigotry and hatred aside for a minute and suggest solution to the question I raised. This is what a dialogue is all about - if you are not disciplined enough to converse like a sane person on nairaland, how do you expect the so-called national dialogue to succeed when there are people like you and even worse all over the place?

You cannot hide by calling me names and I refuse to respond by similarly calling you Ewu can beer or some other character. Answer the question, my friend! dolo

Most people would agree that mad persons are wont to call others "mad", and life long career prostitutes usually call others "ashawo" even before saying anything intelligible. It is an old survival trick called "attack as a form of defence". lol

Why do you always assume that blood must be shed before Nigerians agree on how the country can be disintegrated?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
So Dede aka Gull has finally gained freedom after he was kidnapped?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

Most people would agree that mad persons are wont to call others "mad", and life long career prostitutes usually call others "ashawo" even before saying anything intelligible. It is an old survival trick called "attack as a form of defence". lol

Why do you always assume that blood must be shed before Nigerians agree on how the country can be disintegrated?

Something tells me that your head is empty as far as solutions to the questions I raised are concerned. Your fist sentence above is so incoherent that I'm starting to worry about you.

I am not assuming that blood must be shed, I am asking you for suggestions which would avoid wars which would lead to bloodshed. The truth is, when its time to work and provide real solutions, you people suddenly become brainless. sanu cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

7 PDP Governors In Private Meeting With APC For Buhari , Says Okorocha / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / Buhari Moves To Install Barrow As Gambian President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.