Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36670 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OneNaira6: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Why is the South West always fretting each time the ND people talk about a break up?

Why is the North always shouting war whenever the South East wants to secede

Is there anything wrong with a people that wants to go their separate ways and take their own destiny into their own hands no matter how bad you assume it will end ?

i had to like your post because it is something i ponder on as well. is it by force for all of us to share a nation. people want out, allow them their GODgiving freedom.

Asari, I'm with you on this. A division is what we need, anything short of that is useless. As for those threatening war, I would like to remind you all that with the way nigeria is going and with the way people are dying left and right, Nigeria is already a war torn country; it just haven't been announced yet. living in nigeria now, especially those up north, is just as dangerous as living in a war torn nation
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
superstar1:
You must be smoking bomb. Go to Kano, or Ibadan or calabar or maiduguri or onitsha and tell them all part of the federation belongs to all the tribes. You will be roasted alive, I can assure you.
Must breaking up be by violence? Are we that barbaric. Czechoslovakia , Yugoslavia, Russia, etc all broke up without a single gun shot. Scotland is breaking off from Uk, must we tow the line of violence.
If violence is the way, a la goes, we are up for it.
I think you have another agenda but you really are living in a dream world. Scotland is not a tribe you know. It is a nation state that already has its own separate legal, educational and political framework for centuries even though they are still part of UK. Same for other countries of Europe that broke away
Saying that tribes should form states is so shallow that it beggars belief. So people should now form nation states based on their native tongue? Trust me if that ever happens the explosion of unbridled savagery would signal the end of Africa
Anyway I am not aware that any tribe that constitutes an administrative entity in Nigeria or of any tribe recognized by the Constitution so there can never be such a tribal division of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
superstar1:

You are indeed a truckpusher from dungeon of poverty. What concerns SW with ND. If they like, they can break into pieces, na their headache.

Our agriculture - cocoa, kola nut; oil deposit, bitumen deposit, gold deposit are enough for us. Mind you, the financial centre of sub Saharan Africa will still be residing in Lagos. We still,have untapped tourism industry to leverage on.

Pls the country should split and let everybody go to their countries. The competition to prosper and suRpass peer nations will propel all to succeed.

The major fact we cannot run away from is that, it is the same greedy corrupt elite ruling Nigeria that will dissolve into the different nations and continue ruling from there. The same corrupt practises in our public offices and corporate bodies will still continue. Are we bringing new people from moon to be Niger deltans oduans Biafrans and arewans. Definitely No.

Surely, corruption will be easier to fight then than now for a nation that is courageous enough to fight it. That is the only difference.
How do you guys find it easy talking about poverty when in real life you're the poverty stricken fellow with no meaningful life now and in the nearest future........talking about poverty when issues are being analysed speaks volume of your personality, you probably think that being rich is a luxury because for me it's a right and get that into your thick skull numbnuts grin....smh........shift before you infect me with your poverty induced mentality. grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Why is the South West always fretting each time the ND people talk about a break up?

Is there anything wrong with a people that wants to go their separate ways and take their own destiny into their own hands no matter how bad you assume it will end ?

I'm going to be objective in this post.

Bruv, I'm Yoruba and I honestly don't understand why these Yoruba elites/politicians and the educated ones on nl are always scared of disintegration - despite being the most advantageous region in the country. I've been asking questions, yet the only answers I get seems to be about "Kiriji Wars"(Yoruba civil war) and how western and eastern Yoruba still have some friction. However, I honestly don't think that's enough reason to be scared about disintegration. And the darn civil war happened because the new "power" on the block, Ibadan, was trying to dominate everyone else back then - and the rest were not having it. So that excuse is just silly.

Perhaps, Yoruba's are benefiting from Nigeria. However, when I look at the SW - I don't think it's free from the curse of Nigeria. It's just as accursed as the rest of country. Despite the enormous potentials of the region. Yoruba's don't even need crude oil to survive - that's how blessed the region is IMO. And there's crude oil in the SW and loads of potential crude oil areas. So why are they scared of disintegration?

Anyway, when the rest decide to go their own way and take their destiny in their hands. Yoruba's would be forced to go create their own country. The madness is a tad bit sickening and silly now. I hate when people can't be independent for shit - always leaning on other people for survival, especially when the whole thing is just a never ending retrogression. Stand on your feet and take your destiny in your hands. And if you can't survive on your own - you don't deserve to live, period.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by abbakacici: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
I think you have another agenda but you really are living in a dream world. Scotland is not a tribe you know. It is a nation state that already has its own separate legal, educational and political framework for centuries even though they are still part of UK. Same for other countries of Europe that broke away
Saying that tribes should form states is so shallow that it beggars belief. So people should now form nation states based on their native tongue? Trust me if that ever happens the explosion of unbridled savagery would signal the end of Africa
Anyway I am not aware that any tribe that constitutes an administrative entity in Nigeria or of any tribe recognized by the Constitution so there can never be such a tribal division of Nigeria . And Czechoslovakia has huge criss between the world wars worlds with czerch on french side and sloviakia on germany side and yugoslavia pls don't tell you have never hear of the Yugoslav Wars 1990s, and russia i don't need to remain you of 1st world war

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Ewizard(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
gat me niggi goin ''HUH'' like d MAYBAK'Z man(rosay)
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by tashan: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eziachi:
One Nigeria brought the aforementioned things to the fore and magnified by 100. Break Nigeria today, those things won't disappear but will return to their pre 1914 level or at least pre 1966 when we are independent of each others everyday governance/life though strong regional autonomous govts.
Everyday, you want Igbos out of your land, people are being deported inside their own country and on the same breath, you want one Nigeria, does it make any sense?
Age got everything to do with it, because those around even in 1970 after a bitter civil war, will tell you that Nigerian then were more tolerant than Nigeria of 2013.

Please stop generalising! Who wants Igbos out of where? My best friend is from Nkpor, please stop looking at the world from your ethnic colored viewpoint. Why don't you blame GEJ for amplifying the fault lines? The things I mention are not the result of multiple ethnicities living together. They are there because of people like you who read ethnic slants to things and the bad leadership! Go check out ethnic differences in UK, Belgium, Spain to mention a few countries.............. You think they are the same people? If you do not believe in Nigeria, there is always the option of voting with your feet.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
"The problem of Nigeria is more of corruption, greed and gullibility of its citizens who are brainwashed with religion and ethnicity."
- Abraham Lincoln, Washington DC, 2013.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
/quote]
shymexx:
Bruv, I'm Yoruba and I honestly don't understand why these Yoruba elites/politicians and the educated ones on nl are always scared of disintegration - despite being the most advantageous region in the country. I've been asking questions, yet the only answers I get seems to be about "Kiriji Wars"(Yoruba civil war) and how western and eastern Yoruba still have some friction. However, I honestly don't think that's enough reason to be scared about disintegration. And the darn civil war happened because the new "power" on the block, Ibadan, was trying to dominate everyone else back then - and the rest were not having it. So that excuse is just silly.
Well I am not from the SW, but the leaders/intellectuals are only being honest. What would they gain from Nigeria splitiing? Another round of intra-ethnic bloodletting or worse. Besides they have had far better local administration compared with the SE and SS.

Don't forget the Ironsi regime of the first part of 1966 was the most blatantly tribal regime in Nigerian history.Yet after the violent mutiny and reaction by northern and middle belt rank and file soldiers and the subsequent execution of Ironsi people like Ojukwu started championing the course of Confederation not even Regionalism, whereas before the overthrow people like Ojukwu were enthusiastically One Nigeria men. Even Ojukwu proved his One Nigeria credentials after his return by joining Shagari's One Nation One Destiny NPN party.

However the SW has always been pro-unity and that has continued to this day. Of course they may prefer their own politicians to be ruling the roost but even if they aren't that wouldn't make them to be pro-disintegration.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
shymexx:

Perhaps, Yoruba's are benefiting from Nigeria. However, when I look at the SW - I don't think it's free from the curse of Nigeria. It's just as accursed as the rest of country. Despite the enormous potentials of the region. Yoruba's don't even need crude oil to survive - that's how blessed the region is IMO. And there's crude oil in the SW and loads of potential crude oil areas. So why are they scared of disintegration?

Anyway, when the rest decide to go their own way and take their destiny in their hands. Yoruba's would be forced to go create their own country. The madness is a tad bit sickening and silly now. I hate when people can't be independent for shit - always leaning on other people for survival, especially when the whole thing is just a never ending retrogression. Stand on your feet and take your destiny in your hands. And if you can't survive on your own - you don't deserve to live, period.

Shalom!

Thank you Mr Shymexx.The Yorubas are the highest beneficiaries after the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy when it comes to infrastructure,human development and all the goodies that the oil and gas from the Niger Delta has brought into Nigeria.

Whilst the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy keeps the oil well licences to themselves and making billions but continuously keeping their people ignorant, uneducated ,poor with no skill .

So now from this picture above who is afraid to go his separate ways

The man that holds the oil licences?
The man that benefits from the numerous jobs,contracts and employment that comes around as a result of the oil and gas industry activities by simply keeping quiet whilst playing a second fiddle to the hausa/fulani islamaofascist oligarchy ?

The situation in Nigeria is still favorable to the South West and they shouldn't be in a hurry to call it quit ,by 2017 most of these licences would have expired and this is one reason why the North wants the Presidency back at all cost because GEJ will only be a fool to hand over those licences back to the North and they know all this, because this is the wind of change that both regions elites don't want to see because once those licenses are no longer there the C-IN-C can make policies that will give the Niger Delta people what belongs to them and they dare not push it because the implications will be too great to ignore ,the c-in-c can actually call for fiscal federalism which both regions doesn't want to about and finally if they push too much we could be heading for a referendum .

Having said all this, it's very clear that Asari was smarter and more intelligent than some of these people that are talking trash about him here in NL,he knew for sure that the only way to get back what is yours is to threaten total destruction of that thing , after all he who is down fears no fall.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by superstar1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truckpusher: How do you guys find it easy talking about poverty when in real life you're the poverty stricken fellow with no meaningful life now and in the nearest future........talking about poverty when issues are being analysed speaks volume of your personality, you probably think that being rich is a luxury because for me it's a right and get that into your thick skull numbnuts grin....smh........shift before you infect me with your poverty induced mentality. grin

Truck pusher has spoken. O ya carry go.

That reply if yours is bereft of logic and clearly shows the level of your lowlife. Drink coke with your bread as you continue with your truck pushing. grin grin grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
One_Naira:

i had to like your post because it is something i ponder on as well. is it by force for all of us to share a nation. people want out, allow them their GODgiving freedom.

Asari, I'm with you on this. A division is what we need, anything short of that is useless. As for those threatening war, I would like to remind you all that with the way nigeria is going and with the way people are dying left and right, Nigeria is already a war torn country; it just haven't been announced yet. living in nigeria now, especially those up north, is just as dangerous as living in a war torn nation
Asari has spoken the mind of the Niger Delta people ,the cheating and marginalization is becoming unbearable as each day passes.

For the fact that for the first time a minority is the c-in-c and the two majorities that have and is still benefiting from the common wealth that runs in his backyard are ganging up against him calls for questions......in the confab ND should demand for these things:
True federalism
Sovereign national conference and finally if they refuse both they should secede Nigeria cannot sustain any war beyond two years without their lifeline which hangs in their back yard,because the only threat they have against any secession is war and 2013 isn't 1968.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Thank you Mr Shymexx.The Yorubas are the highest beneficiaries after the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy when it comes to infrastructure,human development and all the goodies that the oil and gas from the Niger Delta has brought into Nigeria.
Whilst the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy keeps the oil well licences to themselves and making billions but continuously keeping their people ignorant, uneducated ,poor with no skill .
I suggest your post is flawed because the main reason the SW has benefited apart from Lagos being the former capital is that they have had better leaders than anywhere in the SE OR SS. This has enabled them to acquire a high level of education and of course subsequently get good jobs.
There is no conspiracy theory although elements like Dokubo-Asari are fond of justifying their criminality by spouting such garbage.

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by SamIkenna: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777: /quote]
Well I am not from the SW, but the leaders/intellectuals are only being honest. What would they gain from Nigeria splitiing? Another round of intra-ethnic bloodletting or worse. Besides they have had far better local administration compared with the SE.

Don't forget the Ironsi regime of the first part of 1966 was the most blatantly tribal regime in Nigerian history.Yet after the violent mutiny and reaction by northern and middle belt rank and file soldiers and the subsequent execution of Ironsi people like Ojukwu started championing the course of Confederation not even Regionalism, whereas before the overthrow people like Ojukwu were enthusiastically One Nigeria men.

However the SW has always been pro-unity and that has continued to this day. Of course they may prefer their own politicians to be ruling the roost but even if they aren't that wouldn't make them to be pro-disintegration.

Hmm! So Mr One-Nigeria defender is not even from SW. I see why he's threatening fire and brimstone should any of us make a move towards self determination. Arewa can't fool us buddy. I assume its now glaring to all that only a section of Nigeria talks about war whenever the future of Dan Fodio's estate is contested. Anyways, you can continue with "sweet talking" the SW on one hand and on the other, have Junaid Muhammed promise fire and destruction over Lagos. I'm really enjoying this chess-game.

Nwanne, oga eme gi vam n'anya.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
superstar1:

Truck pusher has spoken. O ya carry go.

That reply if yours is bereft of logic and clearly shows the level of your lowlife. Drink coke with your bread as you continue with your truck pushing. grin grin grin
Of Mr olodo superstar1.....I was only replying to your fo0lish comments about poverty whilst avoiding that gibberish you typed up there that's so filled with sentiment,hate and completely out of touch with common sense which i never expected you to posses in anyway judging from your inability to argue like the educated eediot that you are without cursing your entire life away............when Shymex replied my comment, didn't you notice how uncivilized and blind you sound? or are you also blindundecided

I still maintain that fellows like you wallows in abject poverty ,but finds succor in calling people poor.

Meanwhile ,take kpokpo garri mix with water and drink ,that's one diet you don't miss at all grin grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by jairusben(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
django1: If Niger delta people are not fools, they must denounce this man. He took all the money he collected from his militancy and went completely out of nigeria to build some rubbish schools in benin republic.

I also heard, bayelsa state government is sponsoring some students to that school.

There's a great deal of things wrong with niger delta.
u must be high on something..
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
I suggest your post is flawed because the main reason the SW has benefited apart from Lagos being the former capital is that they have had better leaders than anywhere in the SE OR SS. This has enabled them to acquire a high level of education and of course subsequently get good jobs.
There is no conspiracy theory although elements like Dokubo-Asari are fond of justifying their criminality by spouting such garbage.
You do have a point and you're right by saying that the SW had better leaders ,but judging from years of neglect of the SS region by the federal government even when the region produces almost 85% of the govt. income and the recent politics being played by these regions it is now crystal clear to an average Niger Deltan that these people don't just give a rat a$$ about the people ,environment or their general welfare all they want is the control of the oil fields and these have made people like Asari Dokubo heroes .When a people are being cheated and oppressed badly even a villain amongst them that fights the cheats will become their hero.

Blame the ruling elites because they gave birth to Asari Dokubo
Blame the ruling elites because by killing people like Ken Saro Wiwa they simply sent a message to the Niger Delta people to use violence to have a voice and be heard
Blame them because they gave people like Asari a voice and the ND people haven't gotten anyone talking tough ,so Asari is there hero after all one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter .
People should know that the politics is changing and if doesn't change we'll always be here .

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
jairus ben: u must be high on something..
I simply ignore those tribal bigots like him .
Being high is an understatement ,he has no idea that Asari is a hero.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Ayatullah(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
victorD3:

It seems all your Islam permits is maiming and killing of christains

It seems........but IT IS NOT SO. Take time out to read about Islam. If you care to Google search Notable Americans, British, French and other Nationals embracing Islam, then you will know Islam is the REAL BIG DEAL and not the lie your local pastor is telling you. School yourself brother, do not be left out of the train of Islam. Do not be a Hell Candidate.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by willibounce: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Atigba: he is nt a greedy man..whether you like it or nt the oil belong to them..they have been feeding this nation since 1956...go to oloibiri today were crude oil was first discovered a place that ought to be a tourist zone the village is less develop,nothing is happening there

SHUT UP ur mouth, u tout. Whose fault is it that d village is less developed? Don't they have a governor and LG chairmen in d states. What have the leaders in d state been using their allocation for? The money u get from d oil companies is used for what? Goat

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
truefact:

Remember Saro Wiwa, he was killed because he tried to challenge the likes of you. Also compare him to the rich people of that time, you would know he was among the poor of them.

As I remember it, Ojukwu was the Abacha govt's mouthpiece justifying to the world why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed. He was also the Govt signatory/witness when Saro-Wiwa was murdered.

What were you saying again?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
kingoflag:

As I remember it, Ojukwu was the Abacha govt's mouthpiece justifying to the world why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed. He was also the Govt signatory/witness when Saro-Wiwa was murdered.

What were you saying again?
Do you have a proof of this document ,and if yes please share i'd like to have access to that document .
Thanks.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by amakenny: 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
Anyway I am not aware that any tribe that constitutes an administrative entity in Nigeria or of any tribe recognized by the Constitution so there can never be such a tribal division of Nigeria

For pecuniary reasons that profit you, you gloss over the reality that Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa/Fulani enclaves are three highly populated enclaves many of which had administrative structures before the colonialists came. And that peoples in the enclaves have life aspirations, often not similar, but sometimes conflicting with one another, and that the reality of that has made Nigeria a dysfunctional country. For now, your non breakable cord forcefully tying all the nations in Nigeria together is apparently your Abacha-Abdusallam 1999 constitution? Sorry. You also gloss over the fact that before the arrival of colonial masters to what is now called Nigeria a few years ago, the three aforementioned enclaves existed independent of one another without any governmental links that tied them together. Look, Nigeria's diversity has made the country fail to care for the good of 160 mllion people in it. Dividing Nigeria into as many smaller manageable countries as the people may demand is ideal for now. Doing this must surely bring succour to the people in today's Nigeria. It is no longer enough to intimidate people who come from the smaller tribes with the lies that they shall have worse conditions than in Nigeria should they form their own new countries. You cannot war it out against others without having yourselves bruised to no recognition. This is 2013, but you are counting on the past. Switz population is not up to half the population of nearby Germany, but landlocked Switzerland with no oil and gas deposits is about the most wealthy country in Europe. Because the diverse groups in Switzerland sat down once upon a time to work out agreeable terms to engage one another in one country. Please stop infesting other groups in Nigeria poised for self determination with the diffidence with which people of your lot are known.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Do you have a proof of this document ,and if yes please share i'd like to have access to that document .
Thanks.

Google and research are your friends, my dear. Use them.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Onlytruth(m): 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2013

I personally think that it is because they see that some people are cowed by the threats in the South, but I have a nagging feeling that they will soon see that no amount of threat will work this time. The year 2014/15 is like a nagging bone in the throats of northerners like ndu_chucks.

Truth can defeat any army no matter how strong the army may be.
I personally believe that Nigeria can (and probably will) disintegrate precipitously without a single shot fired.

The only thing that can keep Nigeria one is that the North OPENLY denounces and distances from the Ahmadu Bello ambitions of using southern Nigeria as a conquered territory. If they do that, and GO TO WESTERN STYLE SCHOOLS, then maybe there is hope for Nigeria, else disintegration is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by superstar1(m): 12:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: Of Mr olodo superstar1.....I was only replying to your fo0lish comments about poverty whilst avoiding that gibberish you typed up there that's so filled with sentiment,hate and completely out of touch with common sense which i never expected you to posses in anyway judging from your inability to argue like the educated eediot that you are without cursing your entire life away............when Shymex replied my comment, didn't you notice how uncivilized and blind you sound? or are you also blindundecided

I still maintain that fellows like you wallows in abject poverty ,but finds succor in calling people poor.

Meanwhile ,take kpokpo garri mix with water and drink ,that's one diet you don't miss at all grin grin

the ogogoro drinking m0ron is finally blabbing and making sense. people are taking nice monikers to project their image, the best that hollow head can come up with his truck pusher. how do i expect to reason beyond your ''omolanke''. if you are not a low life, you would not have thread the path of ethnic bigotry that has covered your myopic glaucoma filled eyes. what has SW gats to do with your initial argument. how is SW fretting about ND breaking up. who gives a hoot whether they decide to relocate to Atlantic Ocean or run over biafran people.

get over your low life and move into civilisation, truck pusher. do not forget to resume at the market as early as 5am to continue with your truck pushing.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

I personally think that it is because they see that some people are cowed by the threats in the South, but I have a nagging feeling that they will soon see that no amount of threat will work this time. The year 2014/15 is like a nagging bone in the throats of northerners like ndu_chucks.

Truth can defeat any army no matter how strong the army may be.
I personally believe that Nigeria can (and probably will) disintegrate precipitously without a single shot fired.

The only thing that can keep Nigeria one is that the North OPENLY denounces and distances from the Ahmadu Bello ambitions of using southern Nigeria as a conquered territory. If they do that, and GO TO WESTERN STYLE SCHOOLS, then maybe there is hope for Nigeria, else disintegration is inevitable.
And are u still gonna claim the whole Eastern Region for Biafra, or those of us that want to form our own Nation can do still do so?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 12:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Well I am not from the SW, but the leaders/intellectuals are only being honest. What would they gain from Nigeria splitiing? Another round of intra-ethnic bloodletting or worse. Besides they have had far better local administration compared with the SE and SS.

Don't forget the Ironsi regime of the first part of 1966 was the most blatantly tribal regime in Nigerian history.Yet after the violent mutiny and reaction by northern and middle belt rank and file soldiers and the subsequent execution of Ironsi people like Ojukwu started championing the course of Confederation not even Regionalism, whereas before the overthrow people like Ojukwu were enthusiastically One Nigeria men. Even Ojukwu proved his One Nigeria credentials after his return by joining Shagari's One Nation One Destiny NPN party.

Deportation of Nigerians from Nigeria is pro unity, I wonder what disunity will look like.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 06, 2013

From your post, all I can deduce is that most of the elites who're pro-unity only do that when they're benefiting from it. As for the commoners, it's because of the fear of the unknown. However, when I look at the Yoruba's and their Pro-unity stance and juxtaposition it against benefiting from one-Nigeria - all I see is an oxymoron. I say this because, Yorubaland is just as accursed as the rest of the country. It might be marginally better than some parts of the country, but the margin is tiny.

Now compare that with what they were able to achieve during regional government - and peep why I think they should be at the forefront of disintegration. You don't need to go to war to achieve that. An ordinary campaign can change the consciousness of the people and get like-minded people to work together, to achieve that goal.

I honestly believe the only reason why the North spits fire and brimstone all the time is because they know where the Yoruba's stand. Yoruba's don't need Nigeria and they are well positioned to build a great country by themselves.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: Thank you Mr Shymexx.The Yorubas are the highest beneficiaries after the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy when it comes to infrastructure,human development and all the goodies that the oil and gas from the Niger Delta has brought into Nigeria.

The man that holds the oil licences?
The man that benefits from the numerous jobs,contracts and employment that comes around as a result of the oil and gas industry activities by simply keeping quiet whilst playing a second fiddle to the hausa/fulani islamaofascist oligarchy ?

The situation in Nigeria is still favorable to the South West and they shouldn't be in a hurry to call it quit ,by 2017 most of these licences would have expired and this is one reason why the North wants the Presidency back at all cost because GEJ will only be a fool to hand over those licences back to the North and they know all this, because this is the wind of change that both regions elites don't want to see because once those licenses are no longer there the C-IN-C can make policies that will give the Niger Delta people what belongs to them and they dare not push it because the implications will be too great to ignore ,the c-in-c can actually call for fiscal federalism which both regions doesn't want to about and finally if they push too much we could be heading for a referendum .

Having said all this, it's very clear that Asari was smarter and more intelligent than some of these people that are talking trash about him here in NL,he knew for sure that the only way to get back what is yours is to threaten total destruction of that thing , after all he who is down fears no fall.

I disagree with the highlighted part. Yoruba elites might be beneficiaries of Nigeria, however, ordinary Yoruba people are just as dirt poor and the rest of the other people in the country. Also, oil money also didn't build the infrastructures in the SW. When I look at Ibadan, I see relics built during the first republic with cocoa money by Awolowo. So where is the oil money? I look at Lagos and I believe most of the pseudo-infrastructures there were built before oil money and after the capital-status was stripped-off the state. So where's the oil money? Heck, even Abuja that was built with oil money looks like an abandoned pensioners' town with dull architecture.

Honestly, I still don't know what the oil money added to Nigeria apart from a lot of stolen money in circulation boosting the country's GDP. However, most of the money belong to a few people.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 12:56am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I disagree with the highlighted part. Yoruba elites might be beneficiaries of Nigeria, however, ordinary Yoruba people are just as dirt poor and the rest of the other people in the country. Also, oil money also didn't build the infrastructures in the SW. When I look at Ibadan, I see relics built during the first republic with cocoa money by Awolowo. So where is the oil money? I look at Lagos and I believe most of the pseudo-infrastructures there were built before oil money and after the capital-status was stripped-off the state. So where's the oil money? Heck, even Abuja that was built with oil money looks like an abandoned pensioners' town with dull architecture.

Honestly, I still don't know what the oil money added to Nigeria apart from a lot of stolen money in circulation boosting the country's GDP. However, most of the money belong to a few people.

https://www.nairaland.com/1544641/ungrateful-lagos

Your hands are soiled from all that oil and you still deny that Oil never helped the SW.

smh!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:
https://www.nairaland.com/1544641/ungrateful-lagos

Your hands are soiled from all that oil and you still deny that Oil never helped the SW.

smh!

For argument sake, can you list the infrastructures built with oil money in the SW? I'm always open to knowledge and education about Nigeria.

FYI, if Lagos were to be a different country from Nigeria, best believe a lot of the oil wells in the SS would be in the territorial waters of Lagos. Now do that maths. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Hosts Imo Muslims To A Banquet On Eid-El-Fitr (Photos) / DSS Denies Aiding Attacks On EndSARS Protester / Pictures Of Peter Obi On His Way To His Polling Unit In Agulu, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.