Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36666 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:04am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

For argument sake, can you list the infrastructures built with oil money in the SW? I'm always open to knowledge and education about Nigeria.

FYI, if Lagos were to be a different country from Nigeria, best believe a lot of the oil wells in the SS would be in the territorial waters of Lagos. Now do that maths. wink

The bolded is an indicator that you must have skipped your meds today as such I will not dignify that with a reply.

The whole 9 yards!. Lagos and all the SW benefited not only from FG largess in terms of federal roads and Infrastructure, subsidized oil , free tertiary education on a mass scale , etc.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 1:05am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I'm going to be objective in this post.

Bruv, I'm Yoruba and I honestly don't understand why these Yoruba elites/politicians and the educated ones on nl are always scared of disintegration - despite being the most advantageous region in the country. I've been asking questions, yet the only answers I get seems to be about "Kiriji Wars"(Yoruba civil war) and how western and eastern Yoruba still have some friction. However, I honestly don't think that's enough reason to be scared about disintegration. And the darn civil war happened because the new "power" on the block, Ibadan, was trying to dominate everyone else back then - and the rest were not having it. So that excuse is just silly.

Perhaps, Yoruba's are benefiting from Nigeria. However, when I look at the SW - I don't think it's free from the curse of Nigeria. It's just as accursed as the rest of country. Despite the enormous potentials of the region. Yoruba's don't even need crude oil to survive - that's how blessed the region is IMO. And there's crude oil in the SW and loads of potential crude oil areas. So why are they scared of disintegration?

Anyway, when the rest decide to go their own way and take their destiny in their hands. Yoruba's would be forced to go create their own country. The madness is a tad bit sickening and silly now. I hate when people can't be independent for shit - always leaning on other people for survival, especially when the whole thing is just a never ending retrogression. Stand on your feet and take your destiny in your hands. And if you can't survive on your own - you don't deserve to live, period.

Shalom!

Kudos for your honesty.
I have never viewed it from the angle of a potential civil war in the SW.
I have always viewed it from the angle of economic uncertainty.
Like you said, that's not enough reason to remain in Nigeria. Nigeria is not working and we try to progress being a very inhumane and heartless society because love and oneness is not there.
Civil war fought in years back when Yoruba groups were still very much independent of each other is not likely to happen again when the groups are very much mixed now and see themselves as one.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 1:17am On Dec 06, 2013
superstar1:

the ogogoro drinking m0ron is finally blabbing and making sense. people are taking nice monikers to project their image, the best that hollow head can come up with his truck pusher. how do i expect to reason beyond your ''omolanke''. if you are not a low life, you would not have thread the path of ethnic bigotry that has covered your myopic glaucoma filled eyes. what has SW gats to do with your initial argument. how is SW fretting about ND breaking up. who gives a hoot whether they decide to relocate to Atlantic Ocean or run over biafran people.

get over your low life and move into civilisation, truck pusher. do not forget to resume at the market as early as 5am to continue with your truck pushing.

Sharrap and get a life you scumbag with no balls

I guess the truth is bitter huh? undecided

You're fretting and it's clear to all and sundry and the inevitable is about to happen,but let me remind you that this your self induced cataract that has completely eaten your retina which makes it practically impossible for you and your ilks to see the truth will eventually down play any effort in having an ally in any eventuality that Nigeria will disintegrate under the barrels of the gun because your actions and inaction has finally placed you at the mercy of your masters in the North,we simply refused to be cowed even as a minority yet your so called political class keep sucking up to the North's a$$ to find their political succor i can bet my black a$$ that they are well aware of your chameleon attributes; after all who takes seriously a man that can be persuaded by interests and not by ideology,belief and self determination?.

Just make sure you understand the Hausa/Fulani islamaofacist oligarchy and the aspirations of Usman Dan Fodio before you guys commit this suicide that'll hunt your generations for years to come.

And FYI, Asari Dokubo will always remain a hero and that huge deposit of mineral resources that powers your economy which is your lifeline still abounds in the SS (i'm an insider ,i know exactly what i'm talking about) and that; you can't take away from them ,it is either you let us do what your kith and kin couldn't do for ages for fear of reprisals from your lords in the North whom you're betrothed to or we go our separate ways and if by anything you demand blood before it'd be realize so be it .Come out and have a particular ideology ,seek for self determination, chant it like Asari is doing it if you've got nothing to loose and stop sitting on that fence like the coward that you are whilst trying to downplay any fear of staying alone if this cesspool collapses.

May i also inform you that giving yourself a flashy nice moniker doesn't translate to howmuch you make,the car you wheel or how educated you are......from your cursing spree ,it'd be abnormal not to believe that you need to check into a rehab and save your ethnic group some pains.

Mr dunmbo do me a favor ,go hug a large transformer in Apapa

When the minorities speak about their concerns it becomes bigotry ,but when your kith and kin speak theirs it becomes the voice of reason .Which ethnicity is more bigoted than any other in this country if not for you and your kinsmen that continuously lick the Gambari man's a$$.

Yeye boy,shift to yaba left and take your medication grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by nduchucks: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2013

I'm going to be objective in this post.

And the darn civil war happened because the new "power" on the block, Ibadan, was trying to dominate everyone else back then - and the rest were not having it. So that excuse is just silly.

This rare historical fact must have been passed down the generational line through the so called ALO (tales by the moonlight affair/story telling). Chei, biafrans will love this tale. Oh my!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

The bolded is an indicator that you must have skipped your meds today as such I will not dignify that with a reply.

The whole 9 yards!. Lagos and all the SW benefited not only from FG largess in terms of federal roads and Infrastructure, subsidized oil , free tertiary education on a mass scale , etc.

Do you know how to read the map? I'm looking at some of naija's offshore oil wells now and using territorial waters to ascertain who would own them if Lagos were a different country. And there are a few oil wells out there than Lagos can lay claim to, to be honest.

What largesse are you on about? Nigeria is a cesspit with no infrastructures - go take your meds!! Even those with tertiary education in the country are barely educated in the real sense of education. So I ask again: what have they benefited from the oil money?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: Sharrap and get a life you scumbag with no balls

I guess the truth is bitter huh? undecided

You're fretting and it's clear to all and sundry and the inevitable is about to happen,but let me remind you that this your self induced cataract that has completely eaten your retina which makes it practically impossible for you and your ilks to see the truth will eventually down play any effort in having an ally in any eventuality that Nigeria will disintegrate under the barrels of the gun because your actions and inaction has finally placed you at the mercy of your masters in the North,we simply refused to be cowed even as a minority yet your so called political class keep sucking up to the North's a$$ to find their political succor i can bet my black a$$ that they are well aware of your chameleon attributes; after all who takes seriously a man that can be persuaded by interests and not by ideology,belief and self determination?.

Just make sure you understand the Hausa/Fulani islamaofacist oligarchy and the aspirations of Usman Dan Fodio before you guys commit this suicide that'll hunt your generations for years to come.

And FYI, Asari Dokubo will always remain a hero and that huge deposit of mineral resources that powers your economy which is your lifeline still abounds in the SS (i'm an insider ,i know exactly what i'm talking about) and that; you can't take away from them ,it is either you let us do what your kith and kin couldn't do for ages for fear of reprisals from your lords in the North whom you're betrothed to or we go our separate ways and if by anything you demand blood before it'd be realize so be it .Come out and have a particular ideology ,seek for self determination, chant it like Asari is doing it if you've got nothing to loose and stop sitting on that fence like the coward that you are whilst trying to downplay any fear of staying alone if this cesspool collapses.

May i also inform you that giving yourself a flashy nice moniker doesn't translate to howmuch you make,the car you wheel or how educated you are......from your cursing spree ,it'd be abnormal not to believe that you need to check into a rehab and save your ethnic group some pains.

Mr dunmbo do me a favor ,go hug a large transformer in Apapa

When the minorities speak about their concerns it becomes bigotry ,but when your kith and kin speak theirs it becomes the voice of reason .Which ethnicity is more bigoted than any other in this country if not for you and your kinsmen that continuously lick the Gambari man's a$$.

Yeye boy,shift to yaba left and take your medication grin grin

Abeg help me tell these mumus.

Yorubas are darn too selfish and jealous of other southerners progressing that they are ready to sell themselves into slavery with the north and continue this useless arrangement.

The likes of Soyinka , Falana and co have all showed their true color under GEJ

Thiefnibu don sell all of dem give malu.

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Saw lots of good contributions here, likewise some rubbish as well. Its been actually chaotic on the thread however.

@Bishop Magic

PLS, I'd like you act not like some dumbwits do here by answering these questions:

-Was oil money responsible for developing Lagos for much of OBJ's regime?

-Has Lagos received as much as half of total allocations from oil money as the Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, CR & d FCT since 1991?

-Does Lagos gets MORE or gets LESS than what it currently coughs out to the center?

-Despite the HUGE revenues this poor state gives to your FG, has your good-for-nothing government ever rendered justice by paying back the HUGE debts it owes this state for many years now?

Answer me first b4 I know the right reply that will befit yours. !
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Do you know how to read the map? I'm looking at some of naija's offshore oil wells now and using territorial waters to ascertain who would own them if Lagos were a different country. And there are a few oil wells out there than Lagos can lay claim to, to be honest.

What largesse are you on about? Nigeria is a cesspit with no infrastructures - go take your meds!! Even those with tertiary education in the country are barely educated in the real sense of education. So I ask again: what have they benefited from the oil money?

I NEVER WANTED TO DIGNIFY THIS BUT HOW IS LAGOS TERRITORIAL WATERS part of Delta (they wont follow you so stop salivating) , Rivers, Bayelsa or Akwa Ibom.?

How?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

I NEVER WANTED TO DIGNIFY THIS BUT HOW IS LAGOS TERRITORIAL WATERS part of Delta (they wont follow you so stop salivating) , Rivers, Bayelsa or Akwa Ibom.?

How?

I messed up the other post.

More:

Also, SW has an oil-producing state and the state alone produces more oil than the oil in the whole SE. Apart from that, Lagos contributes a lot to the country and cocoa also contributes a lot. We can even go to Delta state and lay claim to all the oil and gas produced by the Ugborodo people. Yes, Ugborodo people - they're Ijebu-Itsekiri's and semi-autonomous from the Olu of Warri. They also own Escravos. Go check what Escravos contributes to Nigeria!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 06, 2013
magic_Bishop

Still waiting for the list.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: Deportation of Nigerians from Nigeria is pro unity, I wonder what disunity will look like.

Its Relocation , NOT Deportation FHS. ! undecided

...and BTW, why werent you all whining when Akpabio did his?

..I guess you have taken Lagos as a place where you all now count yourselves as equals to the natives all in the name of 'one Nigeria' right?

Total BS. !
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:39am On Dec 06, 2013
St_Black: Saw lots of good contributions here, likewise some rubbish as well. Its been actually chaotic on the thread however.

@Bishop Magic

PLS, I'd like you act not like some dumbwits do here by answering these questions:

-Was oil money responsible for developing Lagos for much of OBJ's regime?

-Has Lagos received as much as half of total allocations from oil money as the Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, CR & d FCT since 1999?

-Does Lagos gets MORE or gets LESS than what it currently coughs out to the center?

-Despite the HUGE revenues this poor state gives to your FG, has your good-for-nothing government ever rendered justice by paying back the HUGE debts it owes this state for many years now?

Answer me first b4 I know the right reply that will befit yours. !

1999 is just 13years back.
After the civil war, the Gown administration up to Babangida were quartered in Lagos and they made their presence felt.
Nigeria's economy got a boost from oil exports.
Festac, Satelite Housing units, most parts of Surulere, Iganmu Stadium, Murtal Mohammed Airport, Tin Can port was built by OBJ and the Wharf was extended, Oshodi Apapa Express way, 3RD Mainland and Eko Bridge (and they are not even tolled!), 1004 units, Eric Moore Towers, Gowon Estate Egbeda, Federal Palace Hotels, Eko Hotels, etc were all built FROM 1976 up till 1999.

-Has Lagos received as much as half of total allocations from oil money as the Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, CR & d FCT since 1999?

Federal Allocations from the oil producing areas are computed on 13% oil derivative. Do you have oil wells in Lagos?

Does Lagos gets MORE or gets LESS than what it currently coughs out to the center?

U should ask the oil producing states since they are left with a paltry 13& and the rest 87% is shared by the rest of you.

Despite the HUGE revenues this poor state gives to your FG, has your good-for-nothing government ever rendered justice by paying back the HUGE debts it owes this state for many years now?

Rubish. which debt do FG owe you? If FG is to bill you alone for 3RD Mainland Bridge at the same rate Fashola is towing Bridges You will be bankrupt? What monies by the way does FG owe you? Is it all those road maintenance contracts awarded on FG roads by thiefnibu which were later in inflated and presented to the FG for reimbursement? The same road scam that OBJ wasnt buying which caused a lot of bad blood between FG and LASG with the then Minister of Works Ogunleye at the center? Or are you asking for LG allocations that were arbitrary and criminally created by Thiefnibu disregarding constitutional outlines on how LGAs should be created?

Abeg go and sleep

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 1:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Abeg help me tell these mumus.

Yorubas are darn too selfish and jealous of other southerners progressing that they are ready to sell themselves into slavery with the north and continue this useless arrangement.

The likes of Soyinka , Falana and co have all showed their true color under GEJ

Thiefnibu don sell all of dem give malu.
A people that never to accepted a simple policy of fiscal federalism will never accept anything else unless you stuck it to their neck,a$$ and mouth.

I have a lot of respect for shymexx because he can be very objective with arguments like this, but let him continuously deny the obvious truth staring him in the face maybe because he's not been around to see that the almost the 75% of the work force both large contracts are in the hands of his kinsmen who deliberately mastermind ordinary SITP program in shell to favor their own people ,if they can stoop so low who knows what untold hardship they've caused the locals simply because they hold sway in those positions of these prostitute multinationals. How about the economy policy being perpetrated by these people at the highest echelon of these oil companies that ensures that their people occupy all juicy positions making it impossible for the locals to have a breathing space even when there is one they'll stampede it .They even go as far as hijacking and taking back all their offices to Lagos where they can be manipulated against the locals.

What is the volume of the mineral reserve in Lagos ?what are they doing there? do you cook in the kitchen leave the dinning room to go and eat in the store ? that means things aren't normal .

They keep shouting about cocoa this cocoa that,how many years did the Nigerian economy use the cocoa? in fact as at the time cocoa was holding the economy it was purely a regional thing and there was palm oil in the South south,coal in the South East and groundnut pyramid in the North and oil replaced these crops as early as 1958 and Nigeria got her independence in 1960 so what are we not talking about?.

You guys can continuously lie to yourselves but you know the truth.......lets go for the NC and let each region seek autonomy let's see the regions that will cry blue murder.

These guys are even lucky that people like us got something out of this shiithole ,Asari would have looked like a clown in there eyes.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 06, 2013
@Post,

Nigeria needs to be reshaped as a confederation - created along the lines of the aborted Senegambia project.

In my opinion, the wider ramifications of a complete dissolution are simply too difficult to fathom. Anyone who thinks a nation like Nigeria can be split into its constituent parts without much bloodshed, on the basis that this was done in Czechoslovakia, has not thought this one through.
I mean, come on, even the Sudan went through 30 years of intense war before arriving at an amicable arrangement.

At a time when the French are about to go into the CAR to help quell a simmering conflagration, and with neigbouring Congo in a perpetual state of anomie (having lost 6 million lives in 15 years), I am afraid to say some of the commentators on this thread are demonstrating a poor grasp of Africa's recent history.

Ndu_Chucks and only a few others are the ones asking the difficult questions.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:44am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Also, SW has an oil-producing state and the state alone produces more oil than the oil in the whole SE. !

again you fail. How can you compare a few oil wells in Ondo as producing more than the entire Niger-Delta. Please do not include Delta! They won't follow you maybe Edos will but definitely not Delta.

shymexx:

. Apart from that, Lagos contributes a lot to the country and cocoa also contributes a lot.!

I laff! sO YOU HOPE TO START YOUR EMPIRE ON A CASH CROP.

Abother BANANA Republic in the making.

It is Urhobo and they are closer to the Ijaws than Yorubas. And Delta cannot join you because of our Ibos to the north that we live peacefully with. If you were allowed in then we know you will want to deport them across the bridge.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 1:51am On Dec 06, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Post,

Nigeria needs to be reshaped as a confederation - created along the lines of the aborted Senegambia project.

In my opinion, the wider ramifications of a complete dissolution are simply too difficult to fathom. Anyone who thinks a nation like Nigeria can be split into its constituent parts without much bloodshed, on the basis that this was done in Czechoslovakia, has not thought this one through.
I mean, come on, even the Sudan went through 30 years of intense war before arriving at an amicable arrangement.

At a time when the French are about to go into the CAR to help quell a simmering conflagration, and with neigbouring Congo in a perpetual state of anomie (having lost 6 million lives in 15 years), I am afraid to say some of the commentators on this thread are demonstrating a poor grasp of Africa's recent history.

I personally do not encourage the disintegration of the most populous black race ,but tell these guys that they should advice their political elites to agitate that every region becomes autonomous as the ND and SE neighbors are agitating, but they will never let the idea fly.
My question is ,what are they afraid of?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 1:51am On Dec 06, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This rare historical fact must have been passed down the generational line through the so called ALO (tales by the moonlight affair/story telling). Chei, biafrans will love this tale. Oh my!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
We Biafra people are no fools and appreciate honesty. His insightful post is well appreciated. Hiding the truth only makes things worse. I personally for the life of me, never understand why many Yorubas love the cesspit called Nigeria especially after 1993, until I read his post. It's nothing to do with love of Nigeria, but fear of the unknown, from within, which is silly because they are too smart to be held down by what happened in the ancient times.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:53am On Dec 06, 2013
This is why a Sovereign National conference needs to be held.

Stop allowing trolls like Thiefnibu to keep deceiving you. He and his APC cronies want Nigeria to remain as it is in the event they get there and continue the pillaging . If the likes of Buhari was in power Iam dead sure he will throw away whatever fiscal sharing formula that is in existence so that he can divert it all to the north.

Nigeria can only remain if there is both equity and responsibility within our respective sovereignty.

Can you imagine that Baboon from Niger State shouting that FG is refusing to develop and exploit their oil reserve? Is that what governance has been reduced to? A governor is just sitting there waiting for allocation.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: A people that never to accepted a simple policy of fiscal federalism will never accept anything else unless you stuck it to their neck,a$$ and mouth.

I have a lot of respect for shymexx because he can be very objective with arguments like this, but let him continuously deny the obvious truth staring him in the face maybe because[b] he's not been around to see that the almost the 75% of the work force both large contracts are in the hands of his kinsmen who deliberately mastermind ordinary SITP program in shell to favor their own people ,if they can stoop so low who knows what untold hardship they've caused the locals simply because they hold sway in those positions of these prostitute multinationals.[/b] How about the economy policy being perpetrated by these people at the highest echelon of these oil companies that ensures that their people occupy all juicy positions making it impossible for the locals to have a breathing space even when there is one they'll stampede it .They even go as far as hijacking and taking back all their offices to Lagos where they can be manipulated against the locals.

Ok, let's agree for the sake of it that 75% of the work force in the oil industry are Yoruba's. However, those people aren't even up to the 3rd decimal of the Yoruba population. So how's has the oil been beneficial to Yoruba's in general? I just can't stand how people attach that parasitic crap with Yoruba's when they give more to the FG than they get back in return. You have the North and SE that get more than they contribute - yet you aren't chasing them. But you want to chase shadows. Chasing a people whose growth and progression has been stunted by virtue of being part of an accursed country.

I hope you understand my POV. wink
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 1:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: We Biafra people are no fools and appreciate honesty. His insightful post is well appreciated. Hiding the truth only makes things worse. I personally for the life of never understand why many Yoruba love the cesspit called Nigeria especially after 1993, until I read his post. It's nothing to do with love of Nigeria, but fear of the unknown, from within, which is silly because they are too smart to be held down by what happened in the ancient times.

The Yorubas are the ones that will claim to fight for Justice but when it comes to oil redistribution and FG allocation they go either blind or mute at the same time.

Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:
again you fail. How can you compare a few oil wells in Ondo as producing more than the entire Niger-Delta. Please do not include Delta! They won't follow you maybe Edos will but definitely not Delta.

I laff! sO YOU HOPE TO START YOUR EMPIRE ON A CASH CROP.

Abother BANANA Republic in the making.

It is Urhobo and they are closer to the Ijaws than Yorubas. And Delta cannot join you because of our Ibos to the north that we live peacefully with. If you were allowed in then we know you will want to deport them across the bridge.

Can you read? I said, "SE." Still don't know when Delta became part of SE, to be honest.

And where the fecky fvck did I mention Urhobo? - go take ya meds and stick to posting illuminati stories. grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 1:57am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I messed up the other post.

More:

Also, SW has an oil-producing state and the state alone produces more oil than the oil in the whole SE. Apart from that, Lagos contributes a lot to the country and cocoa also contributes a lot. We can even go to Delta state and lay claim to all the oil and gas produced by the Ugborodo people. Yes, Ugborodo people - they're Ijebu-Itsekiri's and semi-autonomous from the Olu of Warri. They also own Escravos. Go check what Escravos contributes to Nigeria!

You can lay claim to delta in hell not on this planet and not in this lifetime.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

(1) 1991 is 22 yrs back.
After the civil war, the Gown administration up to Babangida were quartered in Lagos and they made their presence felt.
Nigeria's economy got a boost from oil exports.
Festac, Satelite Housing units, most parts of Surulere, Iganmu Stadium, Murtal Mohammed Airport, Tin Can port was built by OBJ and the Wharf was extended, Oshodi Apapa Express way, 3RD Mainland and Eko Bridge (and they are not even tolled!), 1004 units, Eric Moore Towers, Gowon Estate Egbeda, Federal Palace Hotels, Eko Hotels, etc were all built FROM 1976 up till 1991

(2)Federal Allocations from the oil producing areas are computed on 13% oil derivative. Do you have oil wells in Lagos?

(3)U should ask the oil producing states since they are left with a paltry 13 & and the rest 97% is shared by the rest of you.

(4)Rubish. which debt do you owe FG? If FG is to bill you alone for 3RD Mainland Bridge at the same rate Fashola is towing Bridges You will be bankrupt? What monies by the way does FG owe you? Is it all those road maintenance contracts awarded on FG roads by thiefnibu which were later in inflated and presented to the FG for reimbursement? The same road scam that OBJ wasnt buying which caused a lot of bad blood between FG and LASG with the then Minister of Works Ogunleye at the center? Or are you asking for LG allocations that were arbitrary and criminally created by Thiefnibu disregarding constitutional outlines on how LGAs should be created?

Abeg go and sleep

1991 not 1999. !

Lagos ceased to be FCT in the year 1991. 1991 to now (2013) is 22 years. Take note. !

Now take from 1976 to 1991, which is a paltry 15 years.

What does this tell you?

It means your FG could only muster less than 20 years of oil money assistance to the state. !

....right from 1991, your FG had been a failure the state had to live with & cater for itself in the midst of the myriads of problems. !

....BUT NO, most of the Schizoids on NL will still keep shouting "oil money made Lagos" without any proper examining. !

As usual, I dont know maybe you also join them in the bandwagon of Losers & Haterz.!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 1:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: We Biafra people are no fools and appreciate honesty. His insightful post is well appreciated. Hiding the truth only makes things worse. I personally for the life of never understand why many Yoruba love the cesspit called Nigeria especially after 1993, until I read his post. It's nothing to do with love of Nigeria, but fear of the unknown, from within, which is silly because they are too smart to be held down by what happened in the ancient times.
It's not fear of the unknown ,a whole lot of factors are at play right here.

They cannot form a proper ally with any region, the only region they could have done this with is the SE against these Islamaofascist North but that trust they betrayed long time ago there case is more like that of a bat.
And finally they enjoy and gain from the current situation on ground now ,so why would they change a favorable situation for something they don't want to face, but the truth remains that they will face their demon it's just a matter of time and 2015 is fast approaching and we will all see who enjoys and benefits more from the quagmire Nigeria finds itself today.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 06, 2013

However, to achieve the "confederation" status, you've to put disintegration on the table and use that as the bargaining chip for a compromise. Deal or no deal! wink

As for the raghead you cited - the guy's supporting the views of the other raghead-in-chief that was decapitated during the 1966 coup. His opinions are inconsequential.

Regionalism and fiscal federalism isn't going to work with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 2:02am On Dec 06, 2013

Rather than using the weapons of fear and scare mongering, try and articulate a form of compromise if you really that afraid to be on your own after Nigeria as we know it. If all the palmwine tarpers are crippled by the lame tale of what happened to the man that fell off the palm tree, we won't have any palm wine to drink at all.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 2:03am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

However, to achieve the "confederation" status, you've to put disintegration on the table and use that as the bargaining chip for a compromise. Deal or no deal! wink

As for the raghead you cited - the guy's supporting the views of the other raghead-in-chief that was decapitated during the 1966 coup. His opinions are inconsequential.

Regionalism and fiscal federalism isn't going to work with Nigeria.

Now, I'm enjoying your posts...
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Ok, It appears we want to tell a lot of truths on this thread.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 2:04am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Ok, let's agree for the sake of it that 75% of the work force in the oil industry are Yoruba's. However, those people aren't even up to the 3rd decimal of the Yoruba population. So how's has the oil been beneficial to Yoruba's in general? I just can't stand how people attach that parasitic crap with Yoruba's when they give more to the FG than they get back in return. You have the North and SE that get more than they contribute - yet you aren't chasing them. But you want to chase shadows. Chasing a people whose growth and progression has been stunted by virtue of being part of an accursed country.

I hope you understand my POV. wink
You got to be kidding me bro.

Tell your elites to stop sucking up to the North's butts ,we stopped doing that long time ago.

They aren't Nigerians ,they invaded our brothers in the North now they say they must rule us and our own neighbors in SW is jumping into bed with the enemy...haba! una people sha!...smh

This is where i respect the Igbo man ,always a man of his own destiny they don't lick boots.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic: This is why a Sovereign National conference needs to be held.

Stop allowing trolls like Thiefnibu to keep deceiving you. He and his APC cronies want Nigeria to remain as it is in the event they get there and continue the pillaging . If the likes of Buhari was in power Iam dead sure he will throw away whatever fiscal sharing formula that is in existence so that he can divert it all to the north.

Nigeria can only remain if there is both equity and responsibility within our respective sovereignty.

Can you imagine that Baboon from Niger State shouting that FG is refusing to develop and exploit their oil reserve? Is that what governance has been reduced to? A governor is just sitting there waiting for allocation.

Tell me:

Who were those that shattered the pre-existing system of true fiscal federalism in the 1st Republic by their greed through a first coup?

PLS Talk.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:05am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Can you read? I said, "SE." Still don't know when Delta became part of SE, to be honest.

And where the fecky fvck did I mention Urhobo? - go take ya meds and stick to posting illuminati stories. grin

Delta is not SW either! So stop lumping them in.

Delta apart from the minority Itshekiris who can be found only in parts of Warri who your Awolowo promoted above the Urhobos, Isokos and Ijaws after the civil war by creating the Olu of Warri in a feeble attempt to Yorubarize Delta was ignored or rather tolerated because A landlord does not need to remind the tennant who owns the house. This same nonsense Awolowo did caused the Warri crisis between the Itshekiris and the Urhobos after it became evident that the Itskeiris were now claiming warri.

Please it's a long story that led to serious crisis in the 90's. Ask any Deltan guy in the UK to give you the gist.

But stop claiming Delta as Yoruba.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:06am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

For argument sake, can you list the infrastructures built with oil money in the SW? I'm always open to knowledge and education about Nigeria.

FYI, if Lagos were to be a different country from Nigeria, best believe a lot of the oil wells in the SS would be in the territorial waters of Lagos. Now do that maths. wink

Calm down, don't go making unnecessary claims. How will Lagos claim oil wells in the SS?

And Lagos doesn't need any oil wells to survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

7 PDP Governors In Private Meeting With APC For Buhari , Says Okorocha / Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.