Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (74026 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
ShopKonga: Hi, apologies for any bad experience you have had with members of our customer experience team in the course of meeting up with their duties of giving you the best customer experience.

We cherish you as a customer and will like to make it up to you.

Make it up to me by refunding my money asap. You guys promised last week friday and then today (monday) again.... Expecting alert later in the evening; if not...... Let me stop here.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Abeg who get Konga's address nah??
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
shevon:
Bros, you shouldn't have put your order numbers on the pictures you sent if you don't want your identity known.
With the order number, one can easily get your full name, address and phone number off Konga.com
Try edit the post to keep your identity to yourself (at least block out the first or last two digits)

Thanks for the advice.. NL happens to be the only place where i bother about my identity for some odd reason - it is not as if my views are any different offline. konga already have my name and address, you can get all the remaining info on facebook and linkedin.. i though about it but what the heck.. unless they plan on looking to kill me for bad press.. Wednesday 11th abi? should they fail to deliver, they can keep my cash and use it to train their staff.. it is well worth the try for all the failed promises. All it takes is a movement like this to brig down their whole business one bad experience after another.. Good News adds up slowly.. but bad news Multiplies FAST
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ShopKonga: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hi, it takes a certain number of days to process a refund which I believe our Customer service team have communicated to you. We are now following you on Nairaland so you can send your transaction details to us.

Thank you
HOPE8888:

Make it up to me by refunding my money asap. You guys promised last week friday and then today (monday) again.... Expecting alert later in the evening; if not...... Let me stop here.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nas05: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Konga is great. I ordered for a Tecno N9 Phantom Pad on 4th Dec and I got it today, 9th Dec. in Kaduna. I haven't tried Jumia though. But I believe they are doing a marvelous job too.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Laeroy:
I swear if I was standing in front of u,I would av locked ur shirt and scream thieffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, when the hell will u deliver my order.......Konga u dey try me ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, how can someone wait for almost two weeks and the annoying part is u guys aren,t saying anything about it......Shop Konga or what ever ur name is.....ok tell me how do I EVEN cancell my order....I want to cancel it and I want a refund.

My sister dont try that refund, na another 2 weeks be that. They will only tell you that the money is in your wallet. ##Funny people##
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HOPE8888(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
ShopKonga: Hi, it takes a certain number of days to process a refund which I believe our Customer service team have communicated to you. We are now following you on Nairaland so you can send your transaction details to us.

Thank you

Certain number of days??.... Let's be precise here.... You dont need to follow me... I have sent you all my details since last week monday.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
HOPE8888:

My sister dont try that refund, na another 2 weeks be that. They will only tell you that the money is in your wallet. ##Funny people##

dem just dey frustrate person abeg where deir office dey? oloriburuku people
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
Shop konga or whatever ur name is ....ti oba fe ki shopona pa e before this year runs out u better deliver my item or refund my money tomorrow...........
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
Do not underestimate the power of the social media! I got a call from Konga about an hour ago after my last post, I guess its the 'in touch' or the 'we will get back to you' Ruby Chuku promised. Oh well, they had to get back by all means because the social media is already giving them negative publicity. Anyway, I have been asked to send back my defective items at no cost of mine plus its over 7days after delivery. I hope the thing no go lost on transit back?

If they take out time to listen to their customers like this, then they would soar higher.

For Jumia, those ones are too arrogant to come and take the heat on here. Blawwwwwdy folks.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jayuuk: 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
I orderd for a phone from konga, paid in cash into their Diamond bank Plc account which their customer service officer gave me
via email, till date am yet to receive my order, they have been sending apology mails. I wonder when this whole drama
will end.My advise to those intending to buy stuff online via kong is to review their plans.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by seane4(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
I ve ordered frm jumia .. And their service seems to be OK by me but recently my delivery has bin comin in late.. Probably because of xmas rush.. They initially promise 1-5 days.. Buh items re delivered 8-10days now.... Sometimes I forget I even placed an Order.. I can't say which is the best.. Cos ve only used jumia .. Buh I did a lil research on "online retail stores" and kept some reviews on my blog - ezzishop..com
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jayuuk: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
I orderd for a phone from konga, paid in cash into their Diamond bank Plc account which their customer service officer gave me
via email, till date am yet to receive my order, they have been sending apology mails. I wonder when this whole drama
will end.My advise to those intending to buy stuff online via kong is to review their plans.Its so sad having this ugly experience
on a first attempt.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Yeahmee: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
I was surprised that I could get the new IPad air 32gb for 127k when I connect sells it for 165k. I jokingly ordered one last Monday , only for me to get a call last Friday from one of the konga guys that they r out of stock and I cancelled the order and the guy called back in 5mins and confirms that they have in stock and I ordered it. Only for me to get a call yesterday that I should come to pick it up and I picked it from v.i, office this evening.
The second story is a huawei w1 that order last 2 Fridays and I am yet to pick that one up. But trust me, konga is real.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
Yeahmee: I was surprised that I could get the new IPad air 32gb for 127k when I connect sells it for 165k. I jokingly ordered one last Monday , only for me to get a call last Friday from one of the konga guys that they r out of stock and I cancelled the order and the guy called back in 5mins and confirms that they have in stock and I ordered it. Only for me to get a call yesterday that I should come to pick it up and I picked it from v.i, office this evening.
The second story is a huawei w1 that order last 2 Fridays and I am yet to pick that one up. But trust me, konga is real.
real ke. I ordered galaxy note 10.1 since 29th and up till now nothing yet. The funniest thing is they dont even communicate. This is my first time of trying them and they failed. Never again
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by bakingsoda: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
ShopKonga: Hi,

To all our dear customers we sincerely apologize for any delays you have experienced with your orders recently, we are committed to maintaining the high standards of delivery and communication you are used to.

We appreciate customer feedback at all levels as it helps us become a better company and improve on our service delivery.

We are seriously hard at work in ensuring prompt delivery and EXPECT to deliver all late orders by Wednesday, 11th. We appreciate your understanding.
From my point of view, in as much as you would want to be transparent with your customers and attend to their needs, I do not think it is necessary for you to respond to any post on this thread. Any disgruntled customer should get to you through the right channel. This is just an opinion poll and not a platform for you to pacify customers. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr konga, see una lives?
I had 2 outstanding orders with you guys and what happens today? You guys delivered the electronics(thank God) but the remote control is NOT working. I've sent emails to complain but besides the auto reply,nothing else.

The second order (placed 2 weeks ago) was clothing and what did you guys do? Out of about 10 different wears I ordered 2 weeks ago,you guys sent me a mail today to say only 3 is available,the rest is out of stock. That is after going through "your order is under warehouse process" + " your order has been shipped" then 2 weeks later,its only 3 out of 10 items that is now available?

Anyways,I'll follow you now so I can send you my order details. I only want to sort this electronics issue then carry my leg enter mkt abeg. This konga wahala don too much

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ohzee(f): 12:55am On Dec 10, 2013
My experience with konga... Hhmmm. Strike one: I ordered a MacBook Air 13 inch and got an 11 inch instead with a difference of 19k. I knew I could return but I noticed they were moving their warehouse at the time so I was worried I may end up with nothing so I called and complained. My wallet was credited with the balance and I was impressed. Strike Two: I decided to use the money and buy an iPhone for myself as a birthday gift. I ordered the yellow one and noticed the 19k credit in my wallet had disappeared. I called them and got an apology and it was replaced so I made up my mind to spend the money before it vanished. I reordered for the iPhone plus some clothes. After waiting almost two weeks I called again and got plenty promises but no show. To my utmost surprise my order was cancelled. Now my money is stuck. I placed another order again for a different color cos the green I wanted is suddenly out of stock!!! I am now fasting and praying oh. Once I succeed in getting my iphone5c it's bye bye to Nigerian online shopping. My two cents.....
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by hazelle: 2:24am On Dec 10, 2013
I think it actually depends on the item. Ordered a book from Konga...paid on delivery. Service was alright. Jumia too, my colleague at work saw me going through their site-said she had never heard anything about them, decided to try them out. She ordered a pair of heels for about 3k, next thing they called her and started suggesting body sprays...literally forcing her to say 'okay' and the quickly hung up. On the plus side, she got her items two days after in rivers state. But she ended up paying 7500. Lol. I had to drop her off at home. No transport. I usually just window shop there but I decided to try them out. I just ordered a watch. I wonder when I'll receive it. The guy who called to confirm my other tried forcing me to say yes to a cologne. Since I know the scope, I refused. And he just hung up rudely. I hope I receive it. It's been one day only. Oh and konga isn't actually cheaper everytime- do a proper comparison. The stuff I'm getting from jumia is about 4k extra on konga.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 7:53am On Dec 10, 2013
^ ^ Yes,most things are actually cheaper at Konga,we give that to them. Electronic and household gadgets, phones and women clothes are 80% of the time cheaper at konga the only problem is,it might actually be "out of stock" lol

I know that Jumai tactics but I'm surprised you said they're rude. You buy a shoe,they'll call to coerce you into buying a matching bag and jeans or top. They've not being rude to me though.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by gbengalite(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2013
I saw this on the website now as a means of compensation. You can get a N1,500 gift card for free.

http:///xmas
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by gbengalite(m): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2013
In times of challenge, when Demands are higher than supplies Firm needs to have a good Customer relation and i think Konga is doing this, i don't know of Jumia though.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 11:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Shop konga abi wetin una call yur sef.deliver my item.since 29th November.how will yur coy feels if he pays for item over a week and didn't get any feedback after fall in delivery,u start tinkin of suing abi.God is watching
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by afrobaby(f): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
My hubby patronises jumia and they've been effective, lo and behold, the first time I ordered from them, it was rubbish, all 3 shoes were so small, ordered a size 5 but they brought something smaller, and did I tell you the brand name isnt the same, ordered for nine west shoe, got a delivery of a no-name shoe.
Konga, those ones, nonsense, u order for items only to receive calls 1 day later that it is out of stock, Kongaxmas promo code not working, free shipping for december, not working,

Funnily, I ordered from the latest adibba, a juicer which was suppose to be more than 20k was advertised for less than 2600, so I ordered only to be called 2 days later saing and I quote #Sorry, madam, merchants says it's 26000, do u want us to continue with the order, sharply sharply, I said No way.

Online business has come to stay but this peeps need to get their business strategies well.

Note: Except for dealdey, I do only pay on delivery, no parting wth my money until I see my goods
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
hazelle: I think it actually depends on the item. Ordered a book from Konga...paid on delivery. Service was alright. Jumia too, my colleague at work saw me going through their site-said she had never heard anything about them, decided to try them out. She ordered a pair of heels for about 3k, next thing they called her and started suggesting body sprays...literally forcing her to say 'okay' and the quickly hung up. On the plus side, she got her items two days after in rivers state. But she ended up paying 7500. Lol. I had to drop her off at home. No transport. I usually just window shop there but I decided to try them out. I just ordered a watch. I wonder when I'll receive it. The guy who called to confirm my other tried forcing me to say yes to a cologne. Since I know the scope, I refused. And he just hung up rudely. I hope I receive it. It's been one day only. Oh and konga isn't actually cheaper everytime- do a proper comparison. The stuff I'm getting from jumia is about 4k extra on konga.

If you are not careful with Jumia, you will go broke, the minute you buy one thing, some chic will call you persuading you to buy 5 more things you don't really need. this is not fair angry

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by InMyOpinion(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Never bought from Konga. Bought from Jumia n turns out they sell refurbished stuff- would never buy even a pin from Jumia again
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Well,konga listens to their customers.

I've got my pending orders sorted and even got a freebie of 1K. Thanks to this thread.

Porting back to Konga- - pay on delivery still the rule.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
@tjololade:
Try www.buyam.com.ng
Your site is not user friendly at all. I tried buying there once the stress was too much jare.

Btw,don't hijack this thread. Its for Konga and Jumai.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by BrandKing: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
ifyalways: Well,konga listens to their customers.

I've got my pending orders sorted and even got a freebie of 1K. Thanks to this thread.

Porting back to Konga- - pay on delivery still the rule.

Lucky you. Me wey start thread set don give up on them.

Went to slot this afternoon to pick up the damn phone the two incompetent coys couldn't deliver in almost 2weeks. Will go pick up my perf at essenza tomorrow.

Just patiently waiting for either of their delivery men call me they are around to deliver the items.. They will regret the day they picked up their employment letter with UPS to service konga or jumia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.