Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117327 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 4:05am On Aug 28, 2016
pabon:

I'm so sorry... I had been preparing for my project defence for almost two weeks... Finally done with it yesterday... By God's grace l should be able to update soon.

I'd also like some suggestions. Do you think it would be better to just write updated everything about one chapter on write their bit's but bit regularly?

#MadeofMore

Depends on the time frame between them bro

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Afz9095(m): 6:39am On Aug 28, 2016
pabon:

I'm so sorry... I had been preparing for my project defence for almost two weeks... Finally done with it yesterday... By God's grace l should be able to update soon.

I'd also like some suggestions. Do you think it would be better to just write updated everything about one chapter on write their bit's but bit regularly?

#MadeofMore
how regular ? once in a day?,twice in a day? abi thrice in a day?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:28am On Sep 01, 2016
Good morning guys. Hope your week has been fruitful?
I really commend you guys who manage to write from your Android without making errors. I have to check and recheck whenever I write and still I find typos after clicking the enter button. Can someone recommend a good keyboard for me... Something better than SwiftKey?

By the way, an update is ready.

#MadeofMore

Cc: Afz9095, Emmanuel1997, Favexx, Ekoroprince, nkemdave, mrlamuel, nunamyeong, faruq37,mhiz...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:29am On Sep 01, 2016
Chapter 15

The wind blew some chill into his already freezing body and he couldn’t quite fathom the cause from his unconscious state . He found the blanket more out for reflex than choice and tried getting to cover his head also. He wondered why it was so cold and why his head was banging so hard. He twisted and turned. This didn’t feel like a bed as his head came in contact with something or rather, things not quite smooth. He opened an eye rather lazily and did a quick sweep of the area. From rolling waters to some damp wood, no doubt the evidence that some fire had been on not long ago.
“Who are you? “

He turned around. The first thing that came to sight were the wobbly legs. He reached further up, browns shorts which no doubt had seen the better days being white and finally his eyes came to rest on the stick being pointed a him. He almost chuckled but managed to stiffle it in.
“Is this really happening, like you’re really holding a stick against me? “ He had the quizzical look on his face which stimulated one from his supposed assailant also. “Look I could take on you with my eyes closed”, he said putting his hand over his eye blocking his vision. Some soft but firm hands gripped him from behind and came to rest on his throat.
“Start speaking now. Who are you? “
He immediately recognized the voice as the lady who had stood up against Dathan. She should remember him, surely it hadn’t been so long since they crossed paths. They have been together just before the….

Hot stream of current envelop him as he remembered. Surely he had tasted the difference in his own voice. His usual high pitch babyish voculation had been replaced by some rather deeper one, God did he now sound like….

“Like Alexuis?!“
The grip on his neck loosen and fell off and without turning back, he began searching around. It wasn’t in his pocket. He could sware it was there the last time he remembered. Or had they taken it from him?
“Please, if you took in from me I’m gonna need it back. It’s no ordinary orb “
The wobbly-legged dude gave him a puzzled look and turned to the lady for answers.
“Think he’s alright? Or could be the aftermath of a session with the guardians?” She ignored him though and when she spoke, she was directed at George.
“Are you accusing us of stealing from you, dude we saved your life! “
“It’s got to be somewhere then.” This he said more to himself than to them. He bent down to his knees and began sweeping the floor with his hands in a search he was hoping wouldn’t end in futility. He got close to the river bank and just as he was about turning, he took a look and what he saw was the most frightening thing he could have imagined since he woke up. There reflected on the surface of the water wasn’t his reflection but a dazzling representation of the Alexuis human form.
“No! This isn’t happening. I can’t be Alexuis… I mean I’m still me. It’s my thoughts and my… “
“He’s getting crazy! “ The boy said holding onto the lady. George felt a rage he had never mustered before. He had meant to scream but who came out was more like a thundering.
“I’M NOT CRAZY! “
He was taken aback by his own voice which had made his own body quake. He felt like his would was crashing on him. He hoped it would happen already. Now, even the lady was scared. Perhaps, she had now bought into the idea that they had saved a maniac from dying of cold. She back-tracked and the dude followed and before he could say ‘jack’ they were out of sight. He sunk down into the sand in a squatting position with his head in his hands. Even the hands now felt heavier. He didn’t know what to do with himself, if indeed he was himself. He felt like his sanity was hanging on a thread and any moment now would fall off. That was the moment when he heard the voice he had been longing for.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by siralabai(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
Pabon, this update is too short, considering the long hiatus, kindly update like 2 more short ones or an exceedingly long one for people to really appreciate this beautiful, out of the box storyline
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
siralabai:
Pabon, this update is too short, considering the long hiatus, kindly update like 2 more short ones or an exceedingly long one for people to really appreciate this beautiful, out of the box storyline
don't mind me jor. It could be longer but it takes me more time correcting errors than when I was previously using the blackberry with keypads. Do you know a better keyboard as this one keeps autocorrecting the words. Seriously, it could've been longer.

I'll still keep on trying sha.

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
Afz9095:
how regular ? once in a day?,twice in a day? abi thrice in a day?
Lol. Thrice a day? I don't live in Nairaland oo...Let's say twice; once in the morning and then in the evening.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks for the share Mhiz.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by siralabai(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
pabon:

don't mind me jor. It could be longer but it takes me more time correcting errors than when I was previously using the blackberry with keypads. Do you know a better keyboard as this one keeps autocorrecting the words. Seriously, it could've been longer.

I'll still keep on trying sha.

#MadeofMore
Which device are you using?
If its an Android device, try getting the Swiftkey app, it can tailor the words after the ones you use most and your social media word choices and it can also learn as you type.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
siralabai:

If its an Android device, try getting the Swiftkey app, it can tailor the words after the ones you use most and your social media word choices and it can also learn as you type.

Its even the Swiftkey what causing me the pains of double correcting.

I shall try, I shall try.

I've resolved to just using the native keypad that came with my device.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
siralabai:

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
pabon:
I really commend you guys who manage to write from your Android without making errors. I have to check and recheck whenever I write and still I find typos after clicking the enter button. Can someone recommend a good keyboard for me... Something better than SwiftKey?

#MadeofMore

Cc: Afz9095, Emmanuel1997, Favexx, Ekoroprince, nkemdave, mrlamuel, nunamyeong, faruq37,mhiz...
Sir, Itz MrLemuel, With An "e". Thanks For The Update, Give Us What U R Made Of... "more".
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
pabon:

#MadeofMore
Try Writing Ur Updates In A Pdf Or Doc Format, Then Read Through It B4 Updating, And When U Type A Word That Is Nt Found In The Swiftkey Dictionary, Pls Save Or Add It To The Dictionary, Make Sure It Have All Languages In It... i.e Language Modules... Am Sure If U Do Dat, You Will Have No Trouble While Typing Future Updates. #peace.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mrlemuel:

Try Writing Ur Updates In A Pdf Or Doc Format, Then Read Through It B4 Updating, And When U Type A Word That Is Nt Found In The Swiftkey Dictionary, Pls Save Or Add It To The Dictionary, Make Sure It Have All Languages In It... i.e Language Modules... Am Sure If U Do Dat, You Will Have No Trouble While Typing Future Updates. #peace.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have the UK English language module downloaded. Are you talking of downloading others?

And I actually type is using word document app much like Microsoft word.

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by siralabai(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
pabon:

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the UK English language module downloaded. Are you talking of downloading others?

#MadeofMore
Yes, it would be better if you download more language modules, that gives the app more words to recognise as you're writing a magic story, you may need to use words across platforms most especially Espana, Portuguese, Deutsch and others. It really helps and you learn new words from the suggestion list.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2016
siralabai:

Yes, it would be better if you download more language modules, that gives the app more words to recognise as you're writing a magic story, you may need to use words across platforms most especially Espana, Portuguese, Deutsch and others. It really helps and you learn new words from the suggestion list.

That's wisdom. I will download them. Are you a writer as well?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2016
Nice work wink
Each tym, I'm glued to my laptop waiting for ur next update.
Love ya wrk *thumps up*
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2016
pabon:

#MadeofMore
Actually, Using All Of The Language Modules Would Help Alot, So I Will Suggest U Download Them All, As Any Of Ur Magical Words Might Happen To Be A Word In Any Language.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by siralabai(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2016
pabon:

That's wisdom. I will download them. Are you a writer as well?
I'm not a writer but I do a lot of typing on the mobile platform
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
pabon:

#MadeofMore

I can't wait to read the nw update.
Got to sit tight with pop corn at my right hand and viju milk at left hand.
Cheers grin

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=Mrlemuel post=48995781]
Sir, Itz MrLemuel, With An "e". Thanks For The Update, Give Us What U R Made Of... "more".[/quotenice one bro...really love it
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:49am On Sep 06, 2016
“Hi George!
He didn’t know whether to be happy or angry. But he just had to clear things.
“What’s happened to me?” There was a short spell of silence during which George was thinking of possible answers that he could come up with. Had he died and Alexius taken over his body to ensure that his destiny was fulfilled? Was this another kind of test? He wished the later were the case. Where he would just have to go back to being who he was.

“I am Alexius and you are you!”
“So how come I have your image?”
BLANK
He wished Alexius was present right now, standing face-to-face with him, so he could punch his face. Why was he playing on his sensitivity?
Just then he spoke up.

“I really didn’t mean for you to find out this way. I feel the time has come for you to know. Your awakening has finally begun. The image I paraded had always been yours. I had only been the custodian. The image you now possess is truly yours, you’d have to get used to it. It had been my responsibility to do that to ensure that it wasn’t lost forever when you were given that of the court's Chamberlain who was killed before we left. You’d have been killed had your image not been switched. You were one of Manterror's main target.
George kept numb not knowing what to say. It wasn’t going to be easy adapting to his new features but damn was he now so handsome.

“So you mean you were parading yourself clothed in my own image? You impersonator!”

“Well. I had to. For one you began respecting me after you saw what I looked like”
“What you looked like or what you made us believe you looked like? “
He laughed loud now more relaxed. He spread his hand on the sand leaning backwards. He breathed the fresh air that arose from the water body. He wondered where Cordelia and Mr. Logan were now. He remembered that Alexius had the ability to sort for information.
“Alexius, I remember you had that ability to go scouting for information. Can you help me locate Cordelia and Mr. Logan?”
He heard the silent and tasted the disappointment already. Somehow he knew what Alexius was going to say like he could feel his emotions.
“I’m sorry but I don’t have that ability now. I’m now in the state of the subconscious, your subconscious. I am now your invisible guardian. I cant even do magic but surely this is the best way I can serve you now. I’m really sorry I cant provide that option now.”
George didn’know whether to be happy or sad. For one he had now an inner source of direction but then he had no means of knowing what had happened to the two people he had come to know as family.
Just then he heard a scream from the direction his two rescuers had taken. He sprung up and ran towards their direction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2016
just had to hurriedly type that as my battery is low...been having power issue.Sorry for leaving you guys hanging.

Gat to go...

#MadeofMore!

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2016
Thanks Afz9095 for the share.

#MadeofMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Good pm lovely people...

I'm sorry I won't be able to update today or next... I have some writing project that I need to take care of. It's gonna occupy me for four days... Or perhaps, if you wouldn't mind, I could just drop some snippets kinda update... Just few lines...

Got to make some money...

Yeah, and I guess you know now. I write articles. So if you've got an article or articles to write or outsource, I can probably write it for you. I also do rewriting... I'm really made of more... Lol!

When next I come your way....

Keep your comments coming... I really need them to encourage me to finish this piece... I sometimes run out of motivation.

Ciao!

#MadeofMore

2 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Really missed ur update.
Welldone
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hope u are physical and medical strong. Please update soon ooooo.........
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2016
nkemdave:
Hope u are physical and medical strong. Please update soon ooooo.........

Hey Nkemdave et al. I'm really sorry I haven't updated this story for some time...was working on some stuffs. I will try to see what I can come up with today should my battery cooperate...its just that I'm trying to see what I can get on the money side...

Much love

#MadeofMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2016
On getting there he saw what looked like an enraged Dathan. He had the lady hanging in the air as he channeled the current towards her from the scepter he held. She was visibly strained, drained of all her strength. She was going to pass out any moment and the guy, her sidekick ust stood there unable to do anything. Dathan was grinning diabolically. George immediately blasted his staff from his hand.

“Reflexonta! “

The scepter left his hand and spiraled fast into George’s ready hand which gripped it firmly as it entered his hand. Dathan meanwhile was flung backwards, the force obviously too strong and too sudden for him to take. Nora too fell to the floor in a heap and the ‘wobbly legged’ dude rushed to her to check if she was okay.

“How dare you? Do you know the implication of what you’ve just done?”
A chuckle escaped his throat. He brandished the wood twisting it in his hand and looking it round much time Dathan’s displeasure.

“If I were you very I would mind my speech now. I’m the one wielding the scepter now. Although I have no need of this to smack your ass.”
He kept mum but his eyes burned with anger. George knew that if he had his way, he wouldn’t waste time blasting him out to nothingness. This one clearly wasn’t used to playing subordinate.

“By the way, where did you get this? It’s quite a piece of art you know. Not one for toddlers to be messing with… “

Dathan shot George an angry look. It was Nora who responded.

“He stole it from the tomb of the Lord Thorank himself . The thief that he is. It’s the tomb that has never been desecrated and he just did it with impunity. “ She turned to him. “Evil awaits you I tell you! “

Dathan gave her the tongue treatment. He had got up now and was eying the scepter with keen attention. George knew this and his grip on the piece of wood tightened. He knew though that the dude had no magical powers and so his only hope of getting the scepter back was snatching it from his hand.

“Here’s what you will do…. You will lead me to the tomb of Thorank where I will return this scepter back to its rightful position and seal the tomb so no one tries what you did again”

“And why would I do that?”
George held out the rod close to him. “You’ve got a better option? “ He wasn’t really as bold as his speech made him seem. He shifted fretfully as the rod came close to him. He gave George a ‘deal-with-you-soon” look as he led the way down the bush track. The lady, Nora and the guy didn’t move.

“Ain’t you guys coming? “ The lady shook her head and the guy affirmed. We have better things to do than continue to share the same air with that miscreant. Dathan snarled and George shot him a warning look.
“You know what? I change my decision…I know this guy is up to no good. I bet he is already cooking up a plan to outdo you. I should go with you. I understand him better than he likes to admit… that is why he despises me so much. Isn’t that right, Harris? “

“Oh yeah! “ He said smiling. Turned out a beautiful name was given to a guy who was so not beautiful in strength and courage. He took over pushing Dathan down the way. He sure was going to enjoy the journey. He was followed by George and flanked by Nora, the supposed boss lady. She preferred to stay behind and not be led, the boss lady she was. George smirked as he went ahead of her. He could sense her gaze burning into the back of his head. He wondered if Satan was the only threat here.

“Just to clarify…. Are you the same guy that followed us into that pool? “ Nora asked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2016
Good morning guys.

Cc: Nkemdave Rockhillz Mhiz Siralabai Faruq37 Afz9095 Mrlemuel Emmanuel1997 Ekoroprince.

#Made of more!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by siralabai(m): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2016
Good morning OP, George should find an extremely emphatic way of putting Dathan in his place, I detest that guy from the first time he was described in this story.

N.B. Kindly correct the aspect where you wrote Satan instead of Dathan, Although they sound alike.

Like Oliver Twist, I'm gonna ask for more!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2016
pabon:
Good morning guys.

Cc: Nkemdave Rockhillz Mhiz Siralabai Faruq37 Afz9095 Mrlemuel Emmanuel1997 Ekoroprince.

#Made of more!

Wishing u a great morning too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.